S.T.A.L.K.E.R

So, I just downloaded Shadow of Chernobyl and I am already having a blast.

So I have literally just gotten started. Any tips, tricks, advice?

Also, general STALKER thread I suppose.

Other urls found in this thread:

roh-online.com/en/a-major-news-update/
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/stcop-for-call-of-chernobyl
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1CNZIm5fxYFbDRKVTR2d21aTmc/view
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The base AK is one of the best guns in the game
Always go for headshots

-You can pay the military on the bridge for passage if you holster your weapon
-They might not seem like it at first, but atifacts are very useful.
-Sidorovich is a kike
-Arena gives you shitloads of money
-Best faction is Loners
-Eastern weapons > Weastern weapons
-Dont use the double barrel on anything but mutants
-Get ready to shit your pants from tension and ominous events/atmosphere
-Your death is an alternate ending
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R is an alternate timeline of Half Life 2
-Fox is dog food
-Obokan is pure shit, stick to the AKM
-Ukrainian Military is a fucking joke
-You're a part of the Zone just as the Zone is a part of yourself
-Worse factions can help you plenty
-Annuh Cheeki Breeki IV Damke
-The Monolith isnt what you think it is
Finish all three games and then mod it till it crashes

Good hunting S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Always play on Master, no its not because Im a veteran, its because I love you and the game.

What are some good ways to make cash?
Any other gear I should be on the look out for?

Thanks for that.

Why play on Master?

You play on master because the vanilla game basically has RNG if your bullets hit someone or not. Master I think is 100% hit probability or damn close to it

uuhhhhh what

Ah ok. I'll start playing on master then

Nothing to do with that, only mods fix ballistics.
It just stops enemies and you from becoming bulletsponges and makes the A.I significantly smarter.

Wait really? I swear that's what did it didn't realize the dice rolling had to be completely modded out.

Awesome a STALKER thread, I was just about to reinstall. Time to find those infographics

Can anyone recommend me some good weapon pack mods?

You couldn't be any more wrong. Double barrel obliterates everything given you know how to use it, same goes for obokan, but only for humans.

Mercfag pls

The sounds the cats make, never on screen, heard. This game is awesome.

Get your shit together, stalker.

Gopnik bandit scum, please go, Bandits are Mercs as well.

Just like Duty

STALKER is one of those games I replay every once in a while to either test out new parts or to just have an engaging experience with a game again. This isn't something I use as a gloat, but the longest I've played on one of the STALKERs was about 15 hours straight. Maybe even more, I was very sleep deprived.

I LOVE IT.

STALKER is one of the only games I know of that offers an actual sense of immersion simply because of how much detail was put into the environment. Too many publishers and developers use 'immersive' as a buzz word, but never actually harness what it means. quite often in STALKER, I find myself in a brush or down some hallway fighting using instinct more than the game's mechanics. The wind is blowing. Shadows are moving properly. The grass moves as things crawl through it. The nights lack a city-scape. That's a level of actual immersion. Your brain, in some aspects, really mistakes this game as a reality you are facing simply because of the details that were given love. When your eyes are gauged on every possible moving object. when your ears pick up every sound. When adrenaline is pumping through your brain at the notion of dying in this game. STALKER is, and always will be, one of the most under rated pieces of genius to every have come forth thanks to the video game medium.

It drains you physically to play this game because it sucks you in so much.

Shit, really? Well, too late for that, I suppose.

We already have a thread but we can use this one I guess. >9440066

Also can we stop posting STALKER as S.T.A.L.K.E.R? in the OP? It's like the fags who type E.Y.E for EYE threads. You can't Ctrl+F that shit.

K.E.R
I dont know what to do and how to feel

I dread for the day they announce a sequel

FUCK NO. Unless it's every original team member, it's going to be Survivarium all over again.

I'll just wait for SpaceHulk Deathwing, it looks like it can pick up where STALKER's immersion left off.

Someone upload the mods infographic Please

My nigger, I would trust first trust Streum On to make a game similar to S.T.A.L.K.E.R but with French asthetic and culture than GSC to be honest

I kinda like where this is going. So many of them not being adjusted or trained for the zone. So much bloodshed. Not from a game standpoint will it really work, but a lore one? Sounds great.

ALSO

UH YEAH

Anyone
NOT
excited for Deathwing shouldn't be associated with.

Just stop, you make yourself look even more retarded.

Try Autumn Aurora 2

Slavposting is best posting

Get the fuck out if here S.T.A.L.K.E.R shitposter, this is a S.T.A.L.K.E.R, this is videi games, stop shitting up the threads with bullshit.

Is LURK fun?

stay away from mods
they are all shit execpt some guns mods that make guns more deadly and realistic

name what shitty mod you made fag, and ill tell you why its garbage

Oh wait, you're serious?

I'm enjoying the misery mod.
But managing money, food, ammo ,and quality is impossible.

im waiting kid, show me what mod you think is "good"

the mod where the ai is all fucked to make it seem harder when it isnt, its shit

next

LURK, what's wrong with it

Stop focusing your attention on a tiny detail.
And i'm pretty sure it's not the mod Ai, it's the games Ai in general.
Thirdly the game is beating my balls and im enjoying it because of it.

for starters the stealth doesnt work, isnt that great for a mod called fucking LURK?

i might be confusing it with other mod but it also gave you a lot of overpowered shit right from the start

Vanilla game beats them all.

im 100% positive they fucked the ai in that mod

They may of tweaked it a little bit.
But from a gameplay experience, I've never noticed it.
Also what do you mean by broken ?

First, you tell me why all mods sucks since you presented that statement with no evidence to back it up.

Playing shadow of chernobyl for the first time and im getting my ass blasted by these cheek breek fucks. This game doesn't fuck around. I like that.

he's going one by one, you have to ask him to reveal his wisdom

i want to play stalker for the first time as well. my friends told me to play shadow of chern first.

what are some must have mods for this?

Just do a vanilla playthrough your first time, maybe google for a graphics mod if you don't think you can live with washed out 2007 graphics

I heard repairing was fucked in the first game, any way to fix it?

I installed all these mods and I'm a retard who can't boot them up I wanna try Autumn Aurora first please help.

I just solved it last night why STALKER seemd to generate high temps compared to other games, and even recent ones, and someone might find it helpful.

Basically, VSync for STALKER does not work so STALKER has a high frame rate (around 300-400 fps) so the CPU and GPU keeps rendering and computing what you should see on your screen for each frame.

Use VSync through your GPU application or limiting the FPS generally helped the temps go down.

up the road from the starting point there is a warehouse on the left. on the roof of that warehouse there is a box. break the box. the items will fall through the roof onto the ground below. there is a silencer which fits most guns

What the fuck is this.

How the fuck they make these kinda of gifs?

Any update on ray of hope?

Thank fuck they canceled the STALKER 2 being developed by interns then, hey?

Is there a good way to just fuck around in the zone and shoot up shit?

I almost been SoC again, but would rather just screw around than go into the endgame. I think I did all or the majority of the sidequests besides "Get me this artifact"

It's called a cinimagraph. Takes some simple video masking. Go install after effects and fuck around for a while. You'll learn a life lesson.

Call of Chernobyl

Looks amazing. Going to check it out.

Your first encounter with a Controller might make you shit your pants.

Which are the best mods for graphics?

I really need to give this another go at some point. I've never really felt the love for it but at the same time, I did not get very far at all. Bit too much fucking around with patches, fixes and mods as well.

It picks up once you get out of the garbage.

I don't remember that being the case

I just started an Autumn Aurora game, and holy fuck does it make it a brand new experience. I haven't tried any others, but there's a list on plebbit as well as in the mod infographics at the top of the other thread, which is still up.

Autumn Aurora 2 is god-tier, but it makes changes in some gameplay-related areas too, like restoring a bit of cut content and rebalancing a sizable chunk of stashes and pickups.

Something about fixing a physics related issue that made bolts and objects accelerate into deadly projectiles, player sync and a bunch of other things. The multiplayer is working and all, they are just implementing assets and such between the worlds, also getting everything to work.

They are more active on releasing update and news on their homepage than their moddb page, have a look: roh-online.com/en/a-major-news-update/

tl;dr: project is getting close to completion I guess.

i can feel it.

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

No, I'm having fun, but this is inexcusable.
I'm running soc in win7 compatibility mode from a windows 10 laptop with a hhd drive. How is this possible?

Divine punishment for using windows 10, yes I know you are going to say your laptop came with it but thats no excuse

What the fuck do you expect

You listed all the reasons in your post…

Try installing gentoo.

I loved the hell out of CoP, and am coming back to SoC to try it out again. Anyone recommend mods for making the game look freakin' gorgeous, or at the very least make it a bit harder?

If you like /k/ related stuff, I strongly suggest you to give this add-on a try too
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/stcop-for-call-of-chernobyl
Adds a shitload of weapons to the mod and balancing seems to be alright so far, kind of hard to get 7.62x51 and 7.62x54r, other than that, loot is nicely distributed too.
I also suggest playing with this other add-on
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1CNZIm5fxYFbDRKVTR2d21aTmc/view
Be warned, shit will get crazy, the spawn system will be set loose and you will end up seeing a lot of fights between factions and mutants and factions and mutants at the same time, red forest will become a fucking nightmare. To me, it makes things far more interesting and fun (a bit more challenging too, the mod is rather easy as it is).

Will DL, thanks yo

Fuck, I meant SSD. pls halp

I've only ever had laptops til now, and it's really cool to see this game this byootiful. First mod I've ever gotten to run well, thanks fam.

Autumn Aurora 2 my dude.

Will give it a try right after Call of Chernobyl,

yer bretty gud

Does it run when not in compatibility mode? Have you tried anything to fix it yet?

why do you think these newer games with streaming loadings(while you play are all shallow as fuck and with shitty textures?

I'm gonna go play through CS now. Never bothered with it in the past but since I've been through SoC and CoP multiple times I might enjoy it at least as more S.T.A.L.K.E.R. cheeki breeki shit to experience.

What was so bad about CS anyway?

It's slightly more buggy than the other two and a lot people didn't like the attacking factions aspect. I personally love all the games.

Don't blame me, blame scorchingcircles.
Also, its still retarded to imply that obokan is garbage.

Its like you didn't play it on a toaster pc on launch. Well, yeah, you probably didn't.

The only major problems I had with it were the bandit camp being glitched to have infinite respawning bandits and accidentally trapping myself in the final fight overencumbered with loot I was going to sell off but no healthpacks or ammo

Enemies never miss their grenade tosses, and if an enemy has a grenade (which 3/5 do) they will throw it the second you go out of site.

They broke the iron sights on a few guns.

Faction wars where better in SoC where they where more subtle.

The last 1/3rd of the game is probably the must frustrating and god awful experience I've had in a shooter. Ever.

I always felt like the load time thing was a meme in itself, even with shit hardware I've been able to load into every stalker game pretty damn quickly, even that one time I tried soup for SoC wasn't bad.

I feel like I'm supposed to do something cheeky to not die to the tower when I enter the cordon, but it seems like my options are try to sneak in and die as there isn't any cover or try to run past it and die.

If you finish CS and want to try some mods for it i'd recommend the faction war mod. It's pretty fun and lets you just fuck around the zone as you please. You can join a faction but I always found it gave the best loner experience because of all the neat little addons it has.

Nevermind, I got it. What a fine mess that was, specifically since he can shoot through trees. It's nice to be comfy in the cordon village now.

I'll keep that in mind user, thanks.

so i am using autumn aurora, but it changes the voices to russian. i want to know what they are saying. i tried doing what it said in their FAQ, but it crashes my game after loading in. any ideas?

I forgot that fucking bullshit sequence. The entire end of the game is like that.

Why Stcop instead of AO3?

Anyone got that webm of that bloodsucker spooking the shit out of that one guy? Sorry for unspecific description, it quickly runs across his vision. Been looking for it.

AA2

Meh developers and modders of Stalker Games seem to have a fetish for the G36.

I do as well

MISERY IS THE BEST MOD FOR COP IF YOU UNFUCK IT

LOST ALPHA IS UNPLAYABLE PIECE OF SHIT WITH A LITERAL GAY ENDING

COMPLETE FAGS HAVE TO BE BULLIED RELENTLESSLY

How do I unfuck Misery?

With the Unfucker obviously. Its called Les Miserables in its latest version.

No it is not.

Not compatible with 2.1.1 apparently.

The unfucker change the awful texture pack too? At that point you're better off adding prone to some other mod. Misery is shit.

So I guess in SoC there's no way to stealth your way through Agroprom Research Insititute to get the military documents? As soon as I make a kill, even with a silenced pistol, the alarms pop on. Is it even possible to kill the controller in the tunnel right before that point? Goddamn the tunnels are spooky.

I hope I can tweak the spawn options for AMK because I've found three pseudogiants wandering the hills already.

But… No. Misery is shit no matter what you do to it. You can't change the shit optimization, textures, music, weapons, extra useless items, mechanics that suck, etc.

It's possible, even in vanilla. I made it all the way to the top floor before without the alarms going off, it's just REALLY REALLY REALLY HARD

#1 Abuse bushes. They basically make you invisible, but if you move in them it's loud as fuck, so go in them when you know theres no one nearby. You can also savescum by saving in bushes (if you save anywhere else the game bugs out and you can be seen).

Chances are if you killed a guy someone else was within line of site of him and saw. There are few situations where you can kill. Guard towers and indoors are the two big ones.

Even if the enemy is suspicious (Guns drawn looking for you) the alarm wont go off I've found.

Noise is really finicky. I suspect it has to do with a combination of things (The enemy stalkers level, alertness, background noise, etc)

But yeah, I came close to doing it but it's really fucking hard and you only should kill if it's a guard tower, or if you need to. Btw theres a window in back you can slip through, which is basically the only way to stealth it.

Also, enemies don't care about finding dead bodies I'm pretty sure. They only care about seeing someone actually die. I think this has to do with the fact that bodies never decay.

Those noisy-ass bushes have definitely led to my execution several times. I think I'll go for a hybrid approach and try to at least get the guys out of the towers as you say. The death and noise mechanics are interesting, I'm glad to know it's not just "kill = alarm" in all cases. I do like to try and play as stealthy as possible, after all it's STALKER not just SHOOTER. A more robust stealth system would definitely please me though I haven't tried LURK yet.

Yeah, I too really wish stealth worked better. It's just all around fucked though. The only thing mods can do is nerf the hearing/vision distance, which ends up fucking making the AI retarded from what I've heard.

There are also mountable silencers in the game, but they're extremely rare to the point where you pretty much have to look up online where to find them. They become more common in later games.

I played CoP for a while and I fucking LOVED it. I got to the second map, but then I somehow forgot to play and I never finished the game. I'm getting the entire trilogy tomorrow and I'm going to play through them all starting with the first game. Should I do a vanilla playthrough first or am I better off getting some great mods for the first playthrough? If so, what mods do you recommend?

Thanks, I actually even saved those infographics to my PC but honestly I don't think they're much help, they only give you a vague idea of what mods are available and what they do. I'd rather read other anons opinions directly.

I'll check out Autumn Aurora 2

I laughed out loud after seeing that ending, it felt like what kind of ending Stalker 2 would have if it was done by Bioware

Does using Absolute Nature Lite to remove the rust out it and increase the performance by 15% count ?
The rest is so fucked up that the upcoming 2.2 version will just slightly balance it and add a weapon dismantling system to deal with the repair bullshit, at the cost of more bloat of course.

A lot of niggas would say go vanilla but i can't be arsed with that shit. Also arsenal overhaul.

Go Vanilla at least once.
Just add tweak mods to help with optimization, bug fix, translation, weapons name, inventory grid and hud.
Since most mods tend to change the visuals a bit too much or the gameplay/gunplay or a combination of both plus spawn and AI.
CS will be a bit painful on vanilla, but pull the trigger

Autumn Aurora 2 didn't work well for me.

I hated the changes in the hud and character models, and the game crashes whenever I save.

Why not CoP, it's the newest one and you can play it fine without mods

At the time I bought it there was only Clear Sky and SoC.

Get the Zone Reclamation Project for Shadow of Chernobyl. It fixes most of the bugs and leaves vanilla gameplay intact.

Even without ZRP the patched version is fairly stable.

Good shit. I'm going vanilla with the starter pack mods.

It crashes pretty fast in normal win10 mode.

theres a .txt fix

I give you that
recompress yourself
the weapon system is great
Ill give you that
mechanics that suck mostly dont suck with the unfucker

Is there a real weapon names mod for call of pripyat? I keep looking for one and find links to it but they're all dead.

nigger, go to moddb and grab some weapon mod. There is one to reanimate the original guns too that I believe changes the name accordingly. For a more vanilla feel, there is OWR3. More or less the same weapons, better models, animations, sounds and textures along with real names.

Just got Call of Chernobyl, it's pretty great so far. I was just wondering, are there any faction leaders or anything that give you big missions to do? Like raiding an enemy base or something? I would normally do it on my own, but it'd be nice to get some bonus money.

Is -noprefetch really something unknown now?

These young stalkers these days don't know shit, I tell you hwhat.

Doesn't fix the shitty load times. Hell, it's one of the only games that doesn't instantly load on my 850 pro.

stalker has always had inexcusably bad load times that only improved with call of pripyat. Your best bet is just getting an SSD and faster RAM to make the game actually load at a reasonable speed.

I'm gonna play Stalker again, it's been a few years.

Still between 4-10 seconds which is frankly pretty fucking terrible with an SSD.

So StCoP for CoC claims that it only works if I have CoC installed as standalone. However, when I run the CoC setup .exe after uninstalling CoP, it tells me I have to install CoP first. What do?

CoC is a standalone game, but it requires a valid installation of CoP.

I like Misery even the way it is. I've played through it twice (and I have an itch for third time, as Recon, but it's too bright outside for that). It's my favourite survival game experience.

It's a STALKER-themed korean MMOFPS, replete with the same trash-tier balance and grinding you've come to expect from gooktrash. You have terrible taste, the best CoP mod is AO 3.1.

Works on my machine :^)

Seriously though, with an SSD and prefetching disabled, load times should be ~30 seconds.

Fucking what? See

Even 4 with heavily modded CoP or 10 with broken shit like OGSE is still ridiculously unacceptable when Crysis 3 maxed out takes ~2-3 seconds.

You guys remember that day, when S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 was canceled…and GSC died.

At least it won't be appropriated by Bethesda and run into the ground.

I've been playing SoC since yesterday. Just got to the bar after the mission where you steal the military documents. Fucking loving this game. Anyway, is that infographic correct about the difficulty options? I've been playing on master difficulty so far, but the enemies are still bullet sponges. I'm constantly running out of ammo because the enemies can take so many bullets before dying. Before I got to the bar I only had shotgun and pistol ammo left and I couldn't find AK or MP5 ammo anywhere. Couldn't buy it anywhere and couldn't find any stashes that had those types of ammo. I had to do the military documents mission TF2 scout style with an endurance boosting artifact and a sawed off shotgun because I would simply run out of ammo every time I tried to face them head on. Also, were you supposed to sneak in there? Every time I tried to sneak in through the underground tunnels I would get spotted by the guard in the tower even though it was in the middle of the night. Did the soldier hiding at the lake rat me out or some shit?

None of the cuckchan infographics are in any way accurate in the slightest.

If you want non-bullet sponge enemies and weapons that don't have ridiculous cones of fire until you hit the "top-tier" weapons, you're going to need to mod it.

Its the vanilla game, son.

Me myself, I played the game right up until the brainscorcher, and that was when I had grasp most of the things I disliked about the game.

Then I slapped AMK+Arsenal on it and I was golden.

AMK set the paradigm back then for how STALKAN is supposed to be played, and near all mods try to emulate AMKs general direction towards realism and atmosphere.

Just download a regedit of CoP, the standalone mod only checks the register, not if the files are actually there. Google should lead you right to it, one of the first two that come up work, the other one doesn't. The reg file on gamecopyworld doesn't seem to work.

GSC is working on Cossack 3, I'm afraid Stalker's IP is still owned by the jewish Ukrainian that killed the project.

SoC is more bullet spongy than the other 2, I always suggest modding, there are great mods that tweak gun damage without changing much.

It's because the accuracy for all the early weapons sucks dick.

The damage values are very low.

Thankfully it's nice and easy to tweak the locational damage multipliers for enemies so you can get lethal headshots most everything, and humans that can't take more than three 5.45x39 shots to the torso.

Three times today roving bands of wild dogs have mauled my enemies to death in front of my eyes. It never gets old.

Well, we'll just have to see about that. Won't we user? Won't we?

i'd have to disagree with some of those weapon comments, sawedoff works well as a first 15 min into the game weapon as long as you only engage banditos, i have actually taken to rushing the military checkpoint at the bridge and gunning down one or two guys point blank to grab a AK/su. works well if you go fast and have a lot of heals. also in later game i actually prefer a lot of the western model guns to the eastern ones, the sig550 and FN2000 are great for my play style. i think the obokan is great if you can use the burst function well, it performs worse in closer combat tho and becomes obsolete quicker than any other gun in the game, meaning you will only really use it if you run out of ammo for a better gun and have a bunch of 5.45 lying around in a stash. if i remember right you can pick one up when you first meet mole and it drops off once you hit the mercs and you can grab their TR's.

Or you could just mod it with realistic ballistics and damage values and then every weapon is viable through the entire game :^)

Call of Chernobyl is pretty amazing sometimes.

Call of Chernobyl can go fucking insane with spawns, too.
Well shit, how can so many dudes fit inside that fucking lab or willing go to get braindead ?

Cant wait to see how the final 1.4 will be since its going add those 35 new spawn points and underground a-life in vanilla.
Plus there is some talk about OC anomalies and artifacts around the forums.

I just started playing it so I'm not up to speed with the news, but yeah it's pretty amazing.

My only complaint is the loot balance is kinda fucked. I snuck into the bandits base in dark valley to see what loot I could get (stealth is significantly improved btw), but the only thing worth taking was supplies really. Hell I even broke into the military base (which was pretty fucking hard), only to find a stash with meh stuff inside at the top floor.

Then I'll be wandering around and find a dead stalker that had a motherfucking eliminator, and see another stalker later holding a vintorez that I could easily just kill him for.

IT'S ALIVE

Having that and CoC in one package would be fucking great.

Are you playing with the AI/Alife unfucker/unbalancer addon? Because that will get you into even crazier situations. I killed like over 30 zombies on one sit while assortment of mutants came and go, it literally had me picking guns from the ground to keep returning fire after blasting away all of my 5.45. It can be chaotic, but it sure makes the game more fun to play.

Let the games begin.

bamp

In CoC did they do anything interesting in Call of Pripyat's maps? It seems aside from dead city the major maps are empty.

I'm sick of this shit. What are some good damage values I mod so headshots actually fuck a nigga up?

but are you ready to get one shot sniped by a enemy you didnt even see? i think this i why they didnt go balls deep in this series and instead used all this rpg crap

So what is stalker? like a rip off of metro or something?

I might just buff shotguns then. The slug should kill on a headshot.

DUDE
BAIT
LMAO

If any of you know how to modify a without crashing the shit out of this game me and some other guys are trying to remake arsenal for coc to be less shit.

It fucks with the ai, making the enemies magically accurate and creating one shot kills. Which is horseshit.

Now there's your problem strelok

are you even playing on master?

I know the zone has no women but come on guys show some restraint.

Man, AMK really fucks with the spawns to some hilarious and infuriating effects. Exiting the Cordon for the first time, I was confronted by a Pseudogiant and two Burers. I had to turn back and go to sleep so they would leave. When I made it to Agroprom the first time, two pseudogiants were right at the entrance and they charged off into the Stalker vs Military fight and killed everyone except Mole and his guard. I was stopped in my tracks by a controller in the Garbage, but as soon as I took cover he was killed by a pack of wild dogs. The worst so far was escorting Yuglev out of the chopper crash near the Bar. I had to kill 6 chimeras, a pseudogiant, a controller, and a pack of 6 pseudodogs in addition to all the mercenaries.

I'm using warfare for coc and there's infinite duty spawning in the bar when I'm trying to invade and there are no capture nodes why

I understand that the loneliness is part of the game, but there are times I wish there were NPC buddies you good go exploring with. Crawling through ruins and shooting mutants with friends sounds like a blast.

Clear Sky with faction wars.

False equivalence, just because women are bloodsuckers doesn't mean bloodsuckers are women.

I know what I'm talking about. I verified it, if you know what I mean.
I'm perfectly sane, man
I'm just not gay enough to use Nikolaï's boipussi like most of us, man
I had to relive stress somehow, man
Don't judge me, man

Call of Chernobyl let's you tag along with other members of your faction.

I haven't played with warfare on yet, but trying taking over bar as a military guy, the fucking places was filled with both loners and duty fags to no fucking end. The Alife unbalancer is a must have.

They are still implementing a-life in some maps and adding new or tweaking anomaly fields. Generators and Dark Escape are far worse than CoP maps.
Generators is only good if want to roleplay as a stalker one ecologist that want to get into the heart of the Zone, but there is barely fuck all to do there outside one artifact that you can already get on the Red Forest.
I hope that they can add the AI anomaly detection.

Balancing the AI in AO3 for CoC would be a high end contribution to this, specially if you make it compatible with any version.
I like those tons of guns, but the AI is accurate as fuck or have bullshit aiming that makes it a fucking nightmare when its carrying any weaponry loaded with .308 AP.

Does anyone know if weapon accuracy effects NPC vision?

I just installed SWCoP for CoC, and all the sudden enemies can see me from miles away, can see me through bushes easily, and aren’t effected by night at all. I looked at the config folder and they don't do anything to the vision. It'd make sense if it was programmed this way, i.e. snipers could see further and are usually in towers.

Yeah makes sense. I just said fuck it and installed weapon mods.

Always. I think the problem was I was in CS' red forest, and for some reason the military there has fucking exoskeleton levels of armor.

I second this, the difference graphically is like cs 1.6 to cs:source.

Weird, I'm using the same gun mod and I'm not having that issue at all, the vision range seems to be the usual from CoC, I can sneak into places with some effort.

That pic qt3.14159265359

I also have the warfare mod, which could be bugging it.

Somethings up though I think. I just got done doing a mostly stealthy play of SoC, Vanilla CoC, and all the sudden I'm getting spotted doing the same things I was doing earlier.

Forgot to mention my detection meter is bugged. It looks like it's always full (it really isn't), until it starts actually being used (i.e. someone is seeing me), so they probably fucked up the AI code as well. I just nerfed the shit out of the vision, which sorta corrected the problem although their night and day vision seems to be the same.