Stratagy Games

I must confess I don't know much about this genre. My experience in strategy games is fucking Sengoku Rance. I'm looking in steam and I just don't know where to start. I want to know what 8/v/ knows about strategy games. I'm in the mood to conquer. So anyway strategy game thread.

bump

The original Dawn of War series is good modded.

I would recommend Firestorm or Purgation over Kaurava and DoW Pro

Turn based or Real Time?

Do you prefer micro managing or macro?

Try Battle for Wesnoth if you don't mind RNG or lots of saving and reloading.

Im looking for something more in like a world war setting. I want to run an army and shit. Not big on anything multiplayer.

Turn based. Again I've only really played sengoku Rance and loved it. I don't really give a shit about multiplayer.

bump

If you want a turn-based WWII game, try Panzer General 2 and Panzer Corps.

Gonna check this out.

Ya panzer corps looks like some good shit.

graviteam tactics is a good single player strategy game, and you can pause it or change the game speed to make orders at your leisure.

it may look like a clusterfuck, and it is, but its pretty fun none the less.

muis front just came out, i havent tried it yet, but operation star and its related dlc's you can grab in a bundle for suer cheap.

If you are in the mood to conquer than try something in the total war series it is a mix of RTT and simplified grand strategy. If you are just looking to fuck people up in RTS 1v1s then starcraft 2 is actually your best bet. CoH2 is pretty fun but RNG can win/lose you a game. Original Dawn of War series is pretty good but multiplayer is dead. Age of Empires 2 is pretty good also.

I wish for a universe where COH has no RNG but an actual balanced unit combat stats

goddamn it would be such a great RTS, not a piece of shit like it actually is

MAKE STRATEGY GREAT AGAIN!

What do you mean by RNG?

What's the best in the RTS genre where the campaign involves something like a risk kind of game where you slowly conquer the world map, or something like it?

Is wargame discussion welcome here?

I'm looking for Grigsby's games, I could find War on the East on tpb, but not his other games and even that has very few seeds. Do any of you guys have a link(preferably mega) for them?

I'll probably buy them if they're good but I want to test them first, their prices are a little bit too spicy

DoW Dark Crusade campaign

Sounds like Rise of Nations. That game was dope.

Also on a related note, I finally stopped ignoring SupCom and managed to really get into it. This game has a lot more depth that it seems at first, so many cool systems like moving your waypoints, all the assisting stuff, ferries, templates, etc. Damn this game is actually managing to impress me, did any other RTS do so many useful systems after SupCom? I'm curious now.

There is no after SupCom user, 2007 is when RTS reached it's pinnacle and died.

Rome: Total War

You Trump cucks make me sick.

every unit has hit chance so its basically only based on luck, you can be as good as you want, but if the opponent gets lucky and scores some neat hits, youre toast

Makes me wonder why they ever did that with Homeworld? The Homeworld 1 engine is clearly superior to the Homeworld 2 one because Homeworld 2 is an RNG fest.

Speaking of Company of Heroes…Could someone explain me overall how are each faction in CoH, including the ones from the Eastern Front mod? (I cant understand what is Osther Axis about)