Great. So much for believing in early access

Great. So much for believing in early access.

Now the game won't even allow me to play it after today's update. From what I've seen of the log file, it's to do with DirectX11, and this update must have tampered with it somehow.

Learn from my mistakes and don't fall for these pricks' sly words.

You deserve to be bullied

ITT: we call OP a retard.

You deserve all the shit you're going to get.

I thought that was Star Citizen in the thumbnail, then i would've laughed harder

Hopefully you've taken something from this experience OP.

I'm sorry

dont trust Keen or buy a game until it is complete?

You get what you pay for, OP.

How does it feel faggot?

very bad

Since the space engineers game has been in EA for about 3 years, I would say both.

Think of early access as a gamble, or an investment instead of a purchase.

You're betting that this game will turn out great. If it does, you got it for cheap and you'll probably get some bonuses on top of that, plus getting to play it before everyone else.

If it doesn't, you're fucked.

Consider your odds before getting into anything early access.

Exanima is a great example of early access done right.

Tip kuk! Frickin' newfags! Amirite fellow 4channer?!

you deserved it, faggot.

Are you retarded? You belong in this book along with OP.

My friend has a philosophy that he only buys an early access game if he thinks its worth the current price for the current state it's in. So, basically, he acts as though the current version is the final version.

That's another good way to not get burned by Early Access.

But folks keep paying out the ass for games they wouldn't play without another 2 years off work and then whining that they got cheated.

No fucker, you paid for an incomplete product with zero guarantee of anything else, only a soft maybe, and now you're throwing a fit. You willingly chose to get scammed.

I payed for the game because i liked what it was. I got hours out of it, I just didn't think I'd be denied access to it now

>>>/homo/

I have a better philosophy. Pirate early access games, and if you like them then buy them when if they come out. Why would you want to burn yourself out playing what is essentially a beta anyway?

Full release games also get game breaking patches.

Well you had me fooled until now, you silly little shitbaiter.

I had one fucking job

That's what you get for being retarded and buying incomplete products.

Disable autoupdates after next fix.

I'd get complaining about being fucked over by something that looked the least bit legit like Vector Thrust but seriously OP you fucked up big time and you only have yourself to blame.

TELL ME ABOUT OP
WHY IS HE SUCH A STUPID GOOD GOY

You're the reason the industry has gone to shit

Perhaps he is a faggot

Early access is shit and you should only ever buy the games when they are finished or already have enough content currently in them to be worth the purchase but how is this because of early access? They will probably release another patch to fix it soon and this happens to other completed games too.

To be fair SE is done for all intents and purposes, they've delivered their core game, along with planets, they've even said so themselves all that's left for them is optimizations and bug fixes now that shit like planets and cargo ships are back in

Smug thread?

Let shitposters have their fun.

SE is pretty cool when it works. The whole "Minecraft with dynamic grids and gravity" thing can make some great stuff. It's a shame the game is such a buggy mess, and doesn't have a Linux version.
I remember making a motorbike. It used vector maths to calculate the gravity vector and the bike's "down", and changed the gyro accordingly to make it stop the bike from falling over. There's also embed related, which was an attempt at a cable car.

Anyone here played Starmade? How is it?

Guess I'll join in

That game has been horribly unoptimized since day one, and the devs haven't done shit to fix that. Three years and there's still no low graphics setting option, or any advanced graphics options for things like shadow quality.

Aaand its fixed.

Nevermind guys, they released a patch today that fixed my game's crashing.

Pistons have also been broken as fuck in multiplayer. It's like the devs are being super Agileā„¢ and just adding new shit while leaving the broken things alone.

Good for you learning a new word. Now use it properly and refer to yourself.

Lies! They fix them in every other patch.

Their commitment to an update every Thursday sure is agile. It's also followed by a mystery Friday update with no changelog.