As interesting as it looks, I have to pass on Odin Sphere...

As interesting as it looks, I have to pass on Odin Sphere. Hopefully they will abandon the old 2D graphics and give us lush 3D visuals in the sequel.

Now don't get me wrong. 2D gameplay had its place back in the day but it's 2016 now.

There's just no excuse for it in this day and age.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/NW9lo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tripfaggot

Bad bait. Shame on you. Also bad sage.

you ain't even try my nigga

Keep Holla Forums clean, don't fall for simple baits.

Soniggers on suicide watch

Neat, can you record yourself doing this in the emulated version?

Thanks, but no thanks.

Oh you want the original, my grape flavored friend?
it's also included

Then there is no fucking difference.
Can it at least run on 60 fps? Because all jewtube vids are 30.

Is this you?

I'm sure DC was $45 on release and not $50. Also, it wasn't a digital release only, those 45 bucks net you a kickass artbook on launch and the game had an actual instruction manual in print.

I find it hilarious when people start dissing Kamitani's art either as juvenile (hello, Schreier) or outdated.
There's nothing outdated in 2D graphics, and hell - animating sprites is a lot harder than animating 3D models - once you rig and finish a 3D model you can make it warp as you wish, but animating sprites requires drawing every single fucking frame.

Comparing it to fucking Journey, hahahaha. It features a static desert full of simple textured sand with one simple character type that slightly animates.

That Big Mac analogy makes me cringe. The artstyle of the game is not the 'nicer box'.

Who the fuck did this review?

A quick google search of the the third to last sentence suggests a veteran moderator on GameFAQs going by the name DDJ. Said review effectively gives it a 5/10 score, and is marked as the "most recommended" review there. Even other users there have a thread pointing out how that review is tripe and is more of an editorial just on the guy feeling that a 2D game shouldn't ask anywhere near full price in [CURRENT YEAR].

We should stop having swords and melee weapons people. It's [CURRENT YEAR] and melee weapons are just primitive and not cool anymore. Guns are all we need so every game should have gun based combat and no melee combat.

when's the release? is it out yet? does it have a physical release?

stay classy Holla Forums

this is bait!! this is bait you guys. gguys i think this guy is trying to elicit a response from us dont respond to the post don't do it!! this is BAIT you guys don't get serious dont reply really its not meant in sincerity this is Bait Baito desu (japanese)

Pretty sure it comes out on the 9th or so, physical release on all three systems (PS3, PS4, and Vita) in the west. Atlus is handling the localization in North America, while NISA is handling it in PAL areas, because Atlus STILL doesn't have a European branch. Good thing all three systems are region free for physical games.

Atlus announced that they'll no longer be doing business with NISA after Odin Sphere. SEGA Europe is likely going to fill that role from now on.

It comes on the 7th of this month lad.
4 days, get hyped!

The 7th? For some reason I'd been thinking it was the 9th. Too bad my stuff's going to already be packed up by then and I won't get to play it until sometime after the 10th.

While it's certainly good to see one company dropping all business with NISA for the future, I still wouldn't be shocked if NISA fucked the game up really bad for people out there as a parting gift. In addition, doesn't Atlus still have issues in that what games of theirs do make it to PAL areas have some real issues with delays? I mean, SMT IV a real long time to get there, and they didn't even bother with giving it to them physically. Considering Atlus' relative popularity in North America, it still seems odd they haven't bothered to open a native PAL branch, which could help potentially alleviate some of the delays.

Whoa stop right there.
Does this shit NOT run at 60 fps?
I mean it uses THE SAME SPRITES as ps2 version how the fuck does it not run at 60 fps?

here's your reply

filtered

The Vita version is reporting as a feature it being 60 fps and 1080p. I assume the PS4 version is the same.

Runs at 60 on everything.
Maybe the ps3 will have frame dips but i doubt it.

7th USA release, next week.

DON'T BUY THE EU VERSION, IMPORT THE US ONE INSTEAD

Here's the source for Atlus and NISA finally parting ways:

archive.is/NW9lo

You were going to buy the new ones? wew. Just emulate it.

why is she so perfect

Oh did I stumble into a stupid shit people say thread?

She's the worst character to play tho.
In Leifthrasir they fixed her and she's more fun but i'd still rather play as anyone else from the cast.

I dunno, I think there's a fun novelty to playing as a fairy with a giant, full auto crossbow.
Cornelius is the best character.

Part of it is that i don't like her finished design.
Her initial design looked more interesting, especially the minimalist insect wings.