Help me with the name of a game

Help me with the name of a game

It's a jrpg that I played long ago. I think it's on the SNES but it could be on the PS1, I'm not sure. What I remember about the game is that at the beginning you have this village and there's either a river or a waterfall, can't remember well, and it was going to flood or something and destroy the village. Then you had to either escape or save the village, I'm not sure which.

Please Holla Forums, help.

Also, the picture is unrelated in case you're wondering.

No need to hurry guys, I'll be waiting…

Secret of Mana?

This is a dog-loving board.
Anti-dog shitposters can go.

Nothing comes to mind

No, I'm sure it's another game.

Brave Fencer Musashi?

No, it's a 2D jrpg.

Not on either of the systems you listed, but Golden Sun?

Already a "can't remember the name" thread here .

Was this game one that saw an actual western release, or a fan translated one?

Golden Sun didn't start out with a flood (though there was a lot of rain). Main problem facing that village starting was that big ass boulder.

Ah, that's right, my mistake, been so long since I played the game I ended up forgetting the specifics.

YEEEEEEESSS!! Finally! Holy shit! I've been looking for this game for years. Thank you so much user.

That's true, I mistook the rain for a flood, you're correct. The game is right. I just watched on youtube and I remember everything there.

Thank god you were wrong user. Again, tyvm!

For some reason I thought it was on the snes and I remember the game being darker but it's Golden Sun on the GBA, probably why I couldn't find it in the first place. Thank you guys.

Have fun. Golden Sun's not without issue (and it's a bit hard to get good discussion of it on Holla Forums these days), but I certainly find it a good time waster when you need to blow 40-50 hours during a long car ride, or when you need something that requires a low amount of thought, like when you're sick.

If you're emulating, I'm not sure if there's a way to simulate the data transfer via link cable to send your save data to the second game (Golden Sun: The Lost Age, on the off chance you didn't know it had one). I mean, you could always just do the password input, but if you want everything carried over, it can get ridiculously long.

Might look brighter if you're looking at it via a backlit screen.

Thanks man, I'll be playing it soon and I'll look into the sequel.

That's a pretty good game, too. I liked the setting and characters, and the puzzles weren't insultingly easy.

I just downloaded it, im gonna play it when i finish mother 3.

Make sure you get all the Djinn in the first game before beating it, since those transfer over to the second game and you need all of them between both games to access the bonus dungeon. The GBA games have no points of no return aside from fighting the final bosses in each, so you can go back whenever for stuff you missed (unlike with Dark Dawn).

The integration of Psynergy into the puzzles was pretty neat, and it was nice to see puzzles that weren't just block pushing and the like. Reminds me a bit of how Wild Arms handled puzzles, since (in the earlier games anyhow), you could acquire tools for various party members and use them to progress, sort of in a LoZ fashion (but with less of the game/camera pan telling you how to solve them). Even provides reason to go back to older dungeons since some of them have things you can't get to until you have a new tool.

I've never played Wild Arms but I see it mentioned on the internet every so often and I'm tempted to try it. I'm also a filthy casual who hasn't played Lufia 2 which apparently has way better puzzles.

Still sad Dark Dawn didn't live up to the earlier games. I miss Camelot and Shining Force from back in the day. I guess it's nice that they keep making Mario Tennis and Mario Golf.

I really dont understand how you got GBA mixed up with a SNES/PS1

To be fair, it has the same style graphics as PS1/Saturn games. Just look at Shining Wisdom on Saturn.

I swear, it's as if Camelot didn't want to make another Golden Sun after the first two (which ultimately make up one whole story), but Nintendo forced them to. Mostly because various changes (like the points of no return) seemed designed to piss off prior fans, perhaps in the hopes that it sold poorly and they wouldn't have to make a fourth game (though they still ended it with a cliffhanger).

And yeah, you really ought to give the Wild Arms games a go (the first three, anyhow, as those are fan favorites) if you enjoy JRPGs. Really neat series with a "weird west" vibe to them, and the music for them (both Naruke's work in the earlier games, and Kouda and Agematsu's work in the later ones) are really nice as well.