XSEED PUBLISHING 2HU

XSEED PUBLISHING 2HU

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Other urls found in this thread:

moriyashrine.weebly.com/fantasy-maiden-wars-series.html
shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=11076.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm not 100% up on Japanese shit, but how does a fanmade game make it to consoles like this? Is there an agreement with Touhou Project or something? I'm so used to seeing "fanmade" followed by "DMCA'd".

I have no idea

I believe ZUN gives no shits about 2hu fangames if people buys the main ones.

Zun allows derivative work of his stuff. Be it games music or doujinshi.
There was a restriction of no console release but he seems to have an agreement with Sony for allowing fan games on their platform.

Well fuck, I wish more developers were that laid back with their IPs.

Japan has different laws for fan works. Unlike in the West, if you make something, you can sell it. It's how the entire Doujin industry is built. You won't have some faggot like pic related barking up.

It's how the Touhou franchise was built into the power house it is today. How a studio like Easy Game station can make and sell something like DuoPrincess, a game based off of SquareEnix's Dewprism IP.

I'm personally a big fan of the Touhou fan games like Double Focus and Skydrift, they're excellent games and take the great music and great characters and frame them in great game play.

My personal favorite.

In a way I'm kind of glad he's trying to stop Undertale merchandise from being sold.

I can only imagine how much more I'd want to go on a shooting spree otherwise.

I can't win

That's pretty cool. You can still make games with the characters but if you want to make your own huge profits, make your own IP. Seems fair.

On the one hand, it is technically true that you shouldn't use his art, but on the other, fuck that. If people make a neat shirt and others want to buy it, let em. Cool to know that's how Touhou blew up though.

lmoa

good pick. I like Double Focus, not only because Aya and Momoji are cute but because it's got this really challenging gameplay but this great stamina management system where you can constantly switch between the two of them, pull off some really satisfying combos and feel like you're in total control over a combat scenario. The bosses are great and the levels are very challenging. I have it on the Vita.

I think people should be able to make something and sell it if they want to without someone who just "had the idea" tell them they can't. You did the hard work, why shouldn't you be able to make money off it?

it helps that the games were fucking great and aspects of them such as the music and characters went viral at the drop of a hat. embed related.

Fantasy Maiden Wars was here.

that video is over 5 years older than TH6.

I personally see the west stuck with the mentality that when you make an IP you need to protect from everything since if someone is using it you are loosing profit from not using it when someone else is.
There is also the idea that someone can unofficially steal it since you can lose your case in court if you haven't protected it enough.
Kinda funny how Zun's take on an IP has been quite successful in terms of getting it popular vs how big companies are doing.

It's a very early 20th century mindset. The Thomas Edison kinda thing, no one must steal my lightbulb and all that. It existed on the surface at face value to protect the interest of capitalism. It doesn't really embrace

I used it to exemplify the point

Is this translated? Can I play it without knowing moon?

The first one is, yeah. Dunno about the second.

moriyashrine.weebly.com/fantasy-maiden-wars-series.html

shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=11076.0

the good thing is, a lot of them don't require any understanding of glorious nihon

I don't think you get it, Mark.

Did you thread even mention VPN or whatever?

2hu games are sold? People buy them?

I wouldn't be surprised if some Jap corps wanted to destroy the doujinshi community in the name of protecting IPs. If it was to happen the days of these people creating stuff based on other people's IPs would be numbered.

Ultimately a person would be far better off creating their own characters and universe to go with their creations rather than using someone else's. That way there would be no doubt that they owned it and they wouldn't be at risk of IP-based legal warfare

some definitely do, you can see how they treat Westerners doing the same thing with things like that Chrono Trigger remake from like 10 years ago. If they could, they would. But a system like Japan has now protects the interest of small groups and individuals who just want to create a work based on something else.

That's different, because Chrono Trigger and Square have real Western presences, and can thus take advantage of how much stricter things are here.

It's the same reason no one gives a shit about translation patches for Japanese games: the company has no copyright for them in America, so there's nothing they can do about it.

It will actually happen under the TPP and the only way now to save the doujin market is Trump, if he is actually serious on shredding the shit.

The scary part is if he doesn't go through with dropping the TPP and instead starts pushing for it. I know that he hates the TPP but I'm just hoping that he doesn't pull a 180 on us.

Honestly the real danger is that he just doesn't give a shit about the IP portions of the deal and is against it for other reasons, so he negotiates another deal that has all the same bullshit.
I don't think that's likely, though. With his talk about wanting Japan to defend itself instead of relying on us I don't think he's down for shitting on their national sovereignty like that.

considering he's pretty concerned about how american trade is handled, I don't think he wants TPP period, it would work against him entirely.

Yukkuri Diary has ads.

Go get 'em, beerman.

So what's the deal with Genso Rondo? NISA published it, right? Their name is on the box, right?

So why does Amazon list Tecmo Koei and not mention NISA at all?