SHIN MEGUMI TENSAY TYRONE U CASUAL SCUM

So lets talk about the most recent entry's in the SMT series being 4 and 4 Final or Apocalypse depending on where you live.

What do you feel these games did as good, bad or maybe is a diamond in the rough and needs to be polished a and what's there could be good.

I personally thought that the world in 4 was a good idea till the size seems to have had a major cut on the dungeons unlike the previous before SJ which had no world map but was giant dungeons, maybe if there was more to do in the giant world map there would be something cool here.

I have more but I don't want to ramble in the OP.

Go ahead and ramble more, that's how discussion begins. I liked SMT4 and though the lack of dungeons did hurt, I was most buttfrustrated about the Rider encounter rate.

SMT IV was okay, if not a bit casuailzed IMO, though I don't think there's any real discussion to be made from that point, thats accepted by pretty much everyone

Soundtrack was amazing though

I know this is a pretty bizarre and Odd complaint but the sound options were sorta annoying, the game defaulted to the highest possible option every time I started a new game, meaning the speakers on my 3DS would be popping at every piece of dialog unless I turned it down every time I started a new game

the on-cart DLC was absolute bullshit though, especially since the ending was on there

I bought it on the eShop (because that's the only way it came out over here) and I played it a bit I didn't know WTF was going on and then I got distracted by Etrian Odyssey. What I gathered was that it's basically a samurai game where you capture monsters from various mythologies like Pokemon and then you use them to fight more monsters, but the mechanics seemed a bit obtuse and the difficulty at the beginning was high (but I wasn't grinding at all so maybe I was supposed to?).

Then again, maybe this isn't the kind of game you should try and learn to play in the middle of a fever delirium.

Is it worth giving this game another? I have the original release, not the Apocalypse version if it makes a difference.

No. No it was not. Only some fluff in form of lore was locked behind DLC. There were no endings locked to DLC.

cmon user, it was the REAL ending, and you know it

So you're just going to spread bullshit? OK.

It's like edgy Pokemon with better designs and more deep mechanics. Just remember that grinding does nothing and buffs/debuffs are life and you'll be golden.
Also neutral is always the best route.

It had a really high budget and it felt like they tried but it sorta fell on its ass. I liked the setting and characters and the usual SMT gameplay was well done but I don't particularly care for the press turn system and the AI allies were dumb as a rock. As frustrated as it made me, I did play it through and will probably play Final when it comes out.

Nanashi is Akira
Lucifer and Merk are one half of Satan
Great Will got tired of YHWH being a lonely asshole and did nothing and let the party kill him for good.
Stephen is the strongest character in all of SMT

Stephen's been in the Amala grinding since SMT1, no surprise he's the strongest.

It isn't, its a turn-based rpg based in modern times.
I actually like SMT IV the least from the main games, since it is the only one you have I would say give it another go.

I could have sworn the opening scenes were all about becoming a samurai-type protector person and you have to protect future japan from ancient magicks.

That's because you didn't play far enough in.

SMT4 is Etrian Odyssey all over again, deep underground you'll find a modern city that's mostly destroyed. Do the right thing and annihilate the unclean.

There is literally nothing wrong with guiding the flock back to their correct path. I wanted Mastema.

Enjoy following a jew

I see you've never played SMT before.

Bestiality is a sin.

not entirely related, but there's no other smt thread

how does protagonist leveling work in strange journey? is it random or is it ff2 style?
they make a whole bunch of noise in the beginning about demonicas being adaptive, but my character is a luck support and i keep getting strength points

smt games are fundamentally not designed for grinding. it won't do anything for you.
talking to demons/ fusing will get you much more success, buffing/debuffing & party compostion are incredibly important

The "builds" from the questionnaire only affect your stats percents by 5-10% or something like that. I got the speed build and been gaining mostly magic.

I think stats are random, but you really shouldnt have any issues, you should be focusing on the demons anyway.

This makes me angry and Nanashi's desing is uterly bad

Its hilarious though, also Law Flynn and White ending Flynn are canon.

How? Where is Kingdom of eternal peace

Stephen DLC, Law Flynn gets saved by Stephen to choose a different route.

Why would he pick another route?
Is it the same for White Flynn?

White Flynn regretted his choice and split his souls into two cue the manga and how Walter and Johnny knows Flynn before they meet Flynn its explained in writing in Final.

So what about Asuma and Gina?