What happened?

Most of the time we got a 3rd version since Generation 1, then came Generation 5 and it broke the tradition giving us two direct sequels with no 3rd version either, despite that, people expected Gray back then and it wasn't uncommon for Nintendo to register a name for it so it was a little justified, except for their delusions of having the Gray to jump onto the 3DS.

However, when it comes to Pokemon Z there was not just a trademark registry, there was Zygarde's gimmick and apparently something to do with Ash's Greninja, that last one may have been just the teaser for the corresponding part of the new season which was also named Pokemon XY and Z… then Sun and Moon got announced, Pokemon Z was never mentioned again.

Do you think Iwata's death may be the cause? I mean, Gen 7 was to be expected but it appeared that Pokemon Z was kind of a real thing for a while, not just speculation.

Basically GS Ball 2.0.

It looks like there are some sites that report that it was canceled for Sun and Moon, but I don't know how much faith I would put on those.

I suspect it was cancelled indeed, but is quite rare to have one of these cancelled out of the blue, almost like Dead Phoenix for the Game Cube.

Maybe Zyggy will get them in gen 7 as an event. or at least his special moves 1000 arrows and 1000 waves

I am pretty sure all his stuff will be implemented in the new games but now it will seem a little disjointed because he is part of a regional trio.

They knew you were onto them and decided it was time to stop being so predictable.

Well Mewtwo got a signature movie in gen 5 and two mega evolutions in gen 6

They realized that there was nothing to improve on X and Y because they were shit on pretty much every front

I've been following all news about pokemon for that time so my guess is it was canceled sometime from September 2015 to November 2015. That is when they abruptly stopped any news on Zygarde and Z, although they were starting the hype train that summer.
A legit leak revealed that the supposedly "Z game" was codenamed "Niji" which means Rainbow in japanese, literally meant for the 20th anniversary of RBY in 2016.
It might even be because of the Paris terrorist attacks in November, remember Paris is literally the big city of Kalos "Lumiosse" and the team rocket (Flare) would probably do something similar, but this is just speculation.

wait did people legitimately care about Zygarde and him having a game?

He looks disgusting

fuck off, its my favourite pokeyman

its pretty sad because the lore behind yvaltal xerneas and zygarde is great

user…………….

are you guys for real or are you joking?
I can legitimately not tell

It's not that they "care", it's that he's a pokemon obviously made to have his own third game (like Rayquaza), the name of which would have been obvious. The fact that he doesn't kind of makes him a joke.

Hex worm is pretty cool, nigga

it's a fucking disgusting worm user

Actually his 50% form looks like shit, hell even 100% megazord looks bad.
I must however say the idea of it being a lot of cores instead of single pokemon is quite awesome.

We are not getting Z but lets hope they won't fuck him up, I love idea of swarm and Vespiquen is shit. I am spending most of my time as a hivemind and I want to play as one.

Zygarde's 10%, 50%, and Complete Formes may be inspired in part by the three children of Loki and Angrboða: Fenrir, Jörmungandr, and Hel. The order of these Formes may also reflect the relative power of their inspirations: Fenrir and Jörmungandr being below gods, and Hel being on equal-footing with the gods.

Everybody in this thread is wrong

That would explain why Zygarde stats are lower than Xerneas and Yveltal.
Also:

I won't bother to check these 3 exactly but now it makes sense.

So are you, but I'm not complaining.

yes you are

it does seem weird, 4 zygarde forms with so much attention to them in the anime/movies/merch/side games and shit but nothing came of it.

all those are gold

Dude, you got ripped pretty bad. You just gotta walk it off. Let's head out and get some ice cream ,champ.

Get well soon Zygarde

Actually Hel was a woman with a half-dead body. Split right in the middle. This is also reflected on Zygarde 100%'s two arm wings that have different colours.

So, anything rage worthy for the upcoming games?

The new professor speaks in Totally Radical slang and we now have a Fairy Companion in the form of a talking Rotom possssing our new Pokedex.

could be worse

He could belittle you for being toxic and using bad tactics

We only saw split second trailer snippets, give it till release. The thing everyone was scared of was the prof being given memes yet-dialogue and/or the Rotom's advice being Tingle levels of constant disruptive annoyance. I personally think the two won't be quite that bad, but Nintendo has given us no reason to extend them the benefit of the doubt for at least a year now.

*memester

It didn't have anything special so you didn't miss anything

Gamefreak found out they would make more profit if they made a new generation instead of finishing off the 6th.

Isn't recycling content for a 3rd game profitable still?

Fuck you, Zygarde is cool.

They might be planning to do something with it after SuMo, or maybe they ditched whatever plans they were making for it altogether. I mean, they did completely half-ass ORAS. I'm hoping the won't just leave Kalos in this state, though. XY and ORAS were really bad.

For now, all there is left to do is just ride the train to the next pile of garbage.