Tom King

For the life of me, I'm struggling to remember why I used to like this guy's work so much.

I mean for fuck's sake, what the hell is this? Why does everyone sound like a bunch of dumbass teenagers?

What the hell happened? Did Rebirth kill his talent?

I don't know, I'm still pissed about the Lois thing from last week.

I'm enjoying Rebirth, it's just some of the writers aren't that good. Still better than New 52.

But I liked the New 52. Superbro was fun. It still annoys me how DC just decided to wipe him from existence altogether instead of going using the multiverse concept to give everyone what they wanted.

Isn't he the guy currently writing Batman?

Yep. Between him on Batman and Tynion on Detective Comics, the Batman line is pretty much unreadable now.

Screw you, New 52 had some great stuff in it. Just because you're a faggot who can't take a differing opinion, doesn't mean everyone is.

Morrison's Superman, Pak's early stuff, even Lobdell had some cool ideas, Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Azzarello's Wonder Woman, Snyder's early Batman stuff. Before DC started deliberately sabotaging it, the New 52 was pretty fun.

Green Arrow was actually good? Really? Aquaman I can get and even the whole Court of Owls stuff but Green Arrow really? I heard Animal man was good despite it's short run.

I fear to ask it, but that is an edit, right?

Nope, it's genuine. And that's not even the worst that it gets.

I do actually like Demon Knights though..shame it got canceled.

That's some shit taste there boy. Azzarello's Wonder Woman and Aquaman are the only half decent books you mentioned. Shit, you didn't even mention Dial H for Hero, which is the only actual good book to come out of that shitfest

Hang your head in shame

Is this a comedic back-up strip or what?

Kid, that's been the case since 2004. Batman has suffered the hardest under Didio's reign.

To be fair, I don't like Morrison particularly and I think Damian was a pretty dumb idea, but Morrison's run from Batman and Son to the actual Batman RIP event was pretty readable.

Editorial gave a overhyped writer a blank check? Also I think Mark Doyle left a few issues ago.

wait, is beast boy only green from the neck up?
is he wearing face paint the whole time?

That isn't actually Beast Boy. They're at a fair where everybody's dressed like superheroes.

I will defend Snyder: He wrote some pretty awful stories on the N52, with Death of the Family being the ultimate example of a writer who was given no supervision whatsoever, but I'll give you this, he got me hooked. He's just good at writing a page turner, take that as you will.

I enjoyed Zero Year. Despite of all the Snyderisms, it was fun.

bump

Mister Miracle is pretty good. Nutty, but fun.