Failed reboots

Name a video game reboot that's a bigger failure than the Medal of Honor Reboot.
imfdb.org/wiki/Medal_of_Honor_(2010)

imfdb.org/wiki/Medal_of_Honor:_Warfighter

Other urls found in this thread:

medalofhonor.wikia.com/wiki/Opposing_Forces
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also friendly reminder EA censored Taliban in mutliplayer by replacing them with a fictional faction called opposing forces who happen to also be located in Afghanistan. medalofhonor.wikia.com/wiki/Opposing_Forces

Funnily enough, DICE LA were the ones to fix BF4 from shit to "Eh", which is surprising.

Im nlt sure if anyone remembers the syndicate reboot.

Was that a real thing? I thought it was a joke.

This is what happens when corporate suits demand a piece of the pie that is the CoD audience.

What was that one reboot that tried to turn a cowboy game into something about modern-day drug trafficking?

Sonic the Hedgehog

Simcity

Dungeon Keeper

Beubonic Commander

Call of juarez

Seriously what the fuck was Ubisoft thinking?

Call of Juarez.

They literally used the deagle reload animation from COD.

They could get the cod audience.

Hell yeah it was real, a real failure.
But seriously it was real.

Its still a silly kind of game, i dont think there are any videogames or really much media that depicts the extremeness and cruelty of the mexican cartels, except maybe Sicario (great film btw, fucked up but great filmkaing). Maybe years from now there will be.

They also reused all most of Far cry 2 animations, including jeep handling. Even Street race cars and motorcycles handles like the far cry 2 jeep.

Ghost recon Wildlands was originally suppose to be about the Mexican cartel. But Ubisoft pussy out and made the villains South American drug dealing satanists instead.

Why is that woman plastic?

She actually one of the better looking character models.

That reboot was some blatant zionist propaganda. Here's the actual ending quote taken from the American release.
"This is a dedication to America's servicemen. A dedication to the debt we owe to Warriors lost and to all of our military forces who continue to defend freedom around the world. men and women who have honorbly served throughout our nation's history - who stood and continue to stand fast in the face of a determined enemy nd defeat them with unwavering discipline. Most people don't know what they experience. they don't know what these Warriors endure in combat, nor do they understand the selflessness and love of the brothers besides them. men within this community bring the fight to the enemy, engage aggressively and stand their ground. Born unto a different cloth, these men could have chosen a life of prosperity and chased every opportunity afforded by our great nation. Giving life as they live it, they chose to leave these pursuits behind and devote themselves instead to a higher calling, living with indomitable purpose, by simple truths - Brotherhood. Honor. Sacrifice. Words molded into their character, exemplifies by their actions. It is their pinal hour we celebrate - our fallen brothers who shine a light on the greatest attributes of dedicated men. With their sacrifice, legends are born and will live as examples to inspire the heroes that will lead our nation to victory in the years ahead; making our founding fathers proud and acting as a promise to America's next generation. This is to our fallen brothers. you will honored in our community's history as the greatest heroes. As men who shouldered our nation's burdens, you will remain as beacons for our heroic ideals. taughtt to be proud and unbending in failure and humble in success, there are no greater examples for which this nation stands for and which this nation is built from - the ideal of service to country and to others. To all who wear the uniform - Thank you for your service to the nation, and to those in this hour who are still in the fight, keeping our enemies awake at night."

There is no greater fuck up than the reboot of Devil May Cry.

Game gets announced, mixed responses to a junkie like character that is Dante. People later find out character is designed directly after chief designer Tameemi Antoniade.

Character is redesigned multiple times to hide this while Tameemi goes on a bitter triad calling original Dante's design gay and attacking anyone who criticises the game. Later news starts trickling out that the game lacks lock on and the combat is dumbed down. Expert players who run youtube channels of the original Devil May Cry games are invited to play it but are not allowed to speak out about it afterwards.

Game journo's hear the rally cry to attack gamers and begin to circle the wagons attacking any fans of the older Devil May Cry to damage control. Capcom while huffing paint think the game will sell gang busters.

Game comes out, its shit, sells like shit, game journos write angry hit pieces years later despite they did everything possible to shame the older fanbase into buying the game.

The end.

The Medal of Honor games weren't THAT bad when you compare them to the rest of the FPS games of the time

In fact there was that one mission

I remember doing that mission. You had this feeling of like impending doom. You were convinced you were going to die. Then these motherfucking Apaches come in and save your ass and the sense of relief was amazing.

So I mean the stripper.

Lmao burger

I dont know of any studio or director that will do justice to whats happening in mexico, artistically speaking, in videogame form. Maybe Druckkman but he probably make it al sjwish, and then teh whole thing could suck. I think maybe Kojima but hes probably gonna be busy for a couple of years with his new work. I think Cory Davis would be a good fit, he directed The Line back in 2012.

It's funny how mad the press is still mad over that game being a massive flop, probably because DMC5 is a possibility now and would probably do way better than DmC.

*how the press

It sucks that game had to be tried to the dmc franchise because i really really liked it, but i can see why dmc fans didn't. Maybe there will be a sequel to finish the story one day.

More like "will do better".

i heard its a really weird way to live. As in its really REALLY boring most of the time while punctuation by short moment of super intense combat.

I was in the Navy for a month and a half, it was sorta like prison. You do your assigned duties and then you're stuck there. Wake up and do it again tomorrow. It was fucking awful and yet there was a strange peace in knowing everything was laid out for you. You always got fed on time and you never had to dawdle with cash or anything. I strangely miss it, as much as I also hated it.

~95%+ of the military are welfare queens in non-combat MOS. It's basically high school 2.0 but worse.

We're all welfare queens in garrison.

I was in the military for 6 years in signals, It was just like a regular job but the first hour of every work day was fitness, also my bosses were horrendously underskilled for their positions, except for the officers who just did paperwork.

That looks fun

But.. why?
Everything it does, other DMC games do better. I can see no reason to want to see it continued.

Gunslinger was pretty good though.

Gunslinger was good because it was a throw back to the series roots