ITT: Hidden insanely difficult bosses

I love it when games do this. What're are your favorite examples of hidden bosses that are usually more difficult than the final one?

Other urls found in this thread:

geocities.jp/mahodenn/thlal.html
mmbnchronox.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you can completely shred this asshole untouched with a thrall axe because every single one of his moves zips right past you when you use the weapon art

Harder than all the other bosses.

FF8 also had a bunch of them, good shit.

I'm so sick of hidden bosses that are just stronger than the final bosses for no reason, and pose a much greater imminent threat than the final boss does, but doesn't actually do shit until you zip zop zoobity bop into their hidden shithole-in-the-wall. What I want is a boss that's about on your level as a character in-universe, but is much more cunning in how it conducts itself in battle. A hidden enemy whose merit is in its skill rather than its raw power is far more interesting.

Or do what the zelda oracle games did and have the actual villan come out when youve finished both games.

That sounds awesome. How can they tell something like that on a GBC?
I also thought both games were just pokemon versions of each other, just minor differences and stuff, are they notably different?

Two completely different games. One focused on puzzles and the other on combat. The stories and lands are different. The way they can tell that you've beaten the game is through a password system that carries over to the other game.

Ex, Beat game X, get password X, input password X in game Y, get rest of story.

Emulate that shit like now. They're practically two different games.

Oracle of ages and oracle of seasons are 2 completely different games. If you have the chance, play them. They also have AMAZING post games that involves going back to the game you finished and getting new items from secrets found in the sencond game. And then at the end there is an actual final boss once you finished both games. why didnt i buy ooa along time ago for like 5 dollars?

Shit dog, I always put those two games off because I thought it was a case of Pokemon syndrome. That sounds rad as fuck.

I remember this boss used to absolutely wreck my shit.
It really felt like an epic fight.

I was planning to buy seasons a coupl'a weeks ago but didnt because the battery was dead and I didnt want to save it
You guys got me excited now, Now I gotta get both games they sounds great.
I dont want to emulate them, I am weird about stuff like that. I like collecting and view playing the games as a reward for getting the games.
But I am really gonna search for them now.
I dont think i heard anything bad with either of them to begin with and now I am really excited to play them

There is a reason i hold ooa and oos as the best zelda games.

The Oracle games are the best 2D Zelda games in my opinion. Both are freaking incredible most aspects, the dungeon design is pretty great, and the way the games integrate with one another while still being two completely different experiences is really something else. You won't regret it.

I have the cartridges for both games, and I must have beat them like at least 6 or 7 times each.

Not 'Insanely' hard, but he's a tough cookie if you aren't prepared. He's still challenging up through probably level 70-90. at 90+ he's easy, but so is every other boss in the game by that point. Especially if you grinded out Ultima Weapon.

Kangaxx in BG2.
Imprison at will.
Ludicrous resistances.
Have to kill 2 difficult enemies to even start the fight.

Until you know the game mechanics very well, he will own your ass. Once you git gud, he is more manageable.

No sir, not even. He only poses a real threat when on his pet - on foot, he's just like every other humanoid.

Of course, everyone has their 'That one boss,' and for me it was Old Demon King

Fucking retard OP and his shit casual taste in games and his awful, unoriginal threads

Megasae and check my numbers

Leave my board you prick

I missed Nameless King on NG, but Lords of Cinder didn't even kill me once though I did use up all of my 15 Estus with Estus Ring, while Embered

Woulda been easier if I cared to use a shield that parries, but Black Knight Shield too stronk

FF10 has to be the game that went the farthest with this.

Make sure you complete all the sidequests in the one you play first before going to the second!

There are returning characters and plotlines.

Some of them have in-game justifications. The Operator in Witcher 2 was just some guy doing his job, but his job involved being an interdimensional magical construct from a lost civilization who'd start summoning demons if he didn't like your tone.

Well Xenmas in Final Mix can be a challenge on high levels, but that mainly due to his roulette move stopping you from healing while he can still attack you. Thank fuck Tinkerbell is a powerhouse

All the secret bosses in Kingdom Hearts were pretty cool, each in their own ways.

It was the first time Sephiroth had appeared in anything outside of FFVII.

Is that fucking afro?

so im playin kingdm herts mindin my own bisns

wen this randum fuk named sephitrot or some shit insta-kills me

i mean wtf

Oh god, Old Burger King raped my ass. I feel so ashamed to have died so much to a glorified NPC even if he is wearing the best light armor in the game.

not hidden, but the final boss for DaS2 sucked balls, meanwhile the ivory king was beast.

Strange that the DLC did everything better than the main game, even the final boss.

More games need this.

but… nameless king was easy as shit.

I'll say that the only boss I died against more than once in DS3 was Iudex Gundyr. But probably only because you take extra damage as deprived.
As soon as I got to firelink and got some chainmail, no problem.

Even Champion Gundyr?

Champion is definitely my personal hardest, I can dodge everything the Nameless King has pretty reliably but those kicks and shoves from the second stage of Champion are fucking brutal.

this goes for both Dragon's Dogma and Bloodborne

twin princes or champion were a lot harder

He's difficult in terms of his attacks being powerful and not the easiest to dodge, but he also works on 100% RNG, and has almost no down-time between attacks, which means that depending on the dice rolled, he can use his healing move so fast that it's impossible to do enough damage fast enough to kill him.

Man, that's not even a fucker you really fight. You just put the Lazy Shell armor on Peach, so she doesn't die as hard as your other two characters, then wait for all the crystals and shit to run out of AP.

I don't even want to have to think about the shit you'd have to pull to knock that fucker out normally.

I hope you specifically built your folder to deal with this faggot, because otherwise you're fucking dead.

The Battle Network series, especially 3, gets special mention for having entire post-game areas which are insanely difficult. The amount of content in 3's secret area is about a third the length of the rest of the game.

the battle network games were built with so much love and extra shit to do post game.

shame they blew their load too quick and destroyed the niche they made. I'd fucking rape a palestianian to get a new game that plays like the battle network ones did.

I think there is some fan game out there I saw once but its prob shit

Which one was that again? All DaS 2 DLCs are kind of a blur to me

He was in the first Mortal Kombat

If you like Touhou at all, or just don't mind it, Shanghai.exe, Genso Network, although not the same, has proven to be extremely comprehensive so far.

geocities.jp/mahodenn/thlal.html

loving every laugh

Only in the PSP version, the 2.5 version was nerfed to shit

wow even super recent updates

mmbnchronox.com/

that was the fangame I was talking about. apparently it started in 2011

lol

What fags.

I'm aware of that one too. I played the demo, but something about the movement didn't feel as tight as the originals and it really put me off. Not to mention that they're including donut steels. It's still solid enough that I'll still give it another chance when its final release is out, though.

Did anything ever come of >>>/secretarea/ ?

Came here to post this.

Some OG shit right here.

I couldn't get past 6 tails.

Such an underrated game.

Both games are on the 3DS eShop for like $5, at that price it's a "might as well."

The Old Chaos fight under the frozen city, where you can bring the four knights with you against all of his.

Abyssion in Tales of Symphonia thankfully avoided this. You collect all the cursed weapons, fight the dude that had you collect them (who is the second-hardest boss in the game after Sword Dancer) and get a weapon for each character that grows in strength as you kill more opponents. Combined with NG+ it was a neat way to keep progression going without locking stuff behind NG+.

You can do it, nigga. What level were you, and what was your party?
You and I both know that it's flawed as fuck and deserves some flak. Still wonderful, though.

42, but last time I played was around 10 years ago.

You might need to level a little, but you can still do it, faggot. Worst case scenario, you could always survive for 20 turns.

You can't parry the Soul of Cinder, buddy.

The hidden superbosses were probably the best part gameplay-wise of the Mardek series. Too bad the series will never be finished.

What the fuck? That boss would be a joke even as a tutorial boss, the moment he shows himself he died pretty much instantly.

nah
how about we just make it super powerful but RNG it to randomly use anywhere from harmless to game-ending attacks

You know those greatsword wielding cathedral knights?
How about those giant lightning crocodile guard dogs?

Both of those enemies are much harder to fight than Nameless King.

Cheesing a boss isn't really beating a boss, though.
Sure, you win when you cheese, but you win like a bitch. Winning like a bitch is the same as losing.

I dunno. Out of anything in DS3, I had the most trouble with Nameless King.

How did you guys beat the "Horrible optimization" boss?

who?

The game itself, or have the finally patched some of it

I pirated it and never updated it, so I dunno.

I think FFXII went a little overboard with its bosses.

Fucking Kangaxx

I'm one of like four people on Earth played this game.

Lingering will was harder.

>You ARE the insanely difficult hidden boss sort of

The ring was worth it, but fucking insane to get until you learned your spell immunities.

BG2 also had the Twisted Rune encounter which was pretty damned hard too. But gave a good reward.

Not quite, though. And you don't even beat him, you just punch him enough that he decides to fuck off and never show up again. Super unsatisfying.

The entire Pokemon franchise could have ended on this note and it would have been on every single "Games That Need A Sequel" list for the rest of all time.

Maybe if you're fucking retarded sure.

That would be great if I could fucking read it

I had a tougher time fighting Wally

There are walk-throughs online. You have to go to a classroom in the school first.

Ehhh. I don't really consider Xemnas in Final mix to be too difficult. Mostly because you can cheese the fuck out of him using gravity. He'll still do that grab thing occasionally, but you can dodge it pretty easily.

Sephiroth was still really hard to beat in final mix, even at lvl 100 with ultima. I didn't mention him because he's not really 'hidden'.

I got my ass kicked by both, but took longer to kill Firstborn.
For context, I was on my second playthrough, I cheesed for a +10 Greatsword, and I never died on any of the other bosses, yet I got my ass kicked by both bosses.
Wish the rest of the game had enemies as hard as they were.

The mysterious hermit in book of mages: dark times. If your build isn't top-notch, there is no way to beat him, and if you lose to him, he'll reset your ranking.

Is this a britbong thing? It sounds so fucking retarded when people say that.

Basically this. It's night impossible to beat FFX hidden bosses fair and square without breaking the game, and even if you can fix up to gain 99 Sphere Levels for every character in less than 15 minutes, it takes upwards of an hour to actually USE those levels in the sphere grid, not to mention that you have to grind elsewhere to GET enough different spheres to ue to level up… Fucking crazy, I have no idea how I had so much autism in me when I was 15-16. I spent literally the entire summer between junior high and high school just playing FFX while others were partying and enjoying the fruits of youth.

It's "cheating" but not in the literal sense. Take HM2 for example. Standing in a corner and firing a gun so mobs run in and you gun them down. That's cheesing it. Or standing up on something elevated so the boss/mob can't reach you and you just slowly arrow/ magic him to death.

Cheese is usually a term for any cheap or underhanded tactic in a game that takes advantage of a weakness in either the AI, or abuses overpowered abilities.

Yea.

Just because the music is the same, doesn't mean you can do the parry game.

Nice trips

Was herobrine actually a boss?

God fucking damnit I love that. He even uses the same line when you fight him in MMZ3 ("Ware wa meshia nari!" "I am the messiah!"). Fucking amazing.

Bet you cheesed him with Fly and Birdie, faggot.

Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil… all bends to my will.

This asshole from cave story

Really? I had the most trouble with him in phase 2. Phase 1 was something you could get down to a science to hack the Stormdrake's face to bits with little danger, as long as he didn't catch you out at far range with a lightning slam. Phase 2 took some strenuous timing, on the other hand, and I had to swap to an ASS from my Red Hilted Halberd to get decent DPS and riposte buildup.

What gave you trouble about ODK? Were you stubborn and reckless about his openings and getting smashed for greed by punishing moves, or did you get fucked over by the weird behavior of his fire wave, which travels straight regardless of uphill/downhill inclines and doesn't care about water? If you don't have those troubles, he's just a tedious bastard with a bit too much health and no room for stupid mistakes. Mind, this was on a pure faith build, so I was made of glass and had shitty Raw damage even with the poorly weapon buffs available, but still.

Well he is the toughest fucking being in existence when it comes to SMT of course you aren't gonna kill him

I remember battling him for the first time as a kid. It blew my fucking mind.

Sup fuckbois?

bit of a difference between "hidden hard boss" and "deliberately made unbeatable by the developers boss"

in Dragon Quest 6, the super secret boss actually kills the final boss for you if you beat him fast enough.

He was beatable if you cheesed him :^)

Really though, did anyone ever kill him with Square's 'official' method?

I read here that a bunch of years later it was found out that the "real" solution was to use a bunch of class specific hour long (or probably more) cds after a certain amount of time into the fight. And the hint was that Absolute Virtue used those moves himself.

You had to time them.
If you used your 2HR of the correct class before he would he would be unable to activate his own.
So you had to get the correct class to use their 2HR to cancel his one at a time.

Pretty fucking bullshit honestly.

dude afro is fucking hot, 10/10 would bang

nigga pls