What kind of dumbass brain dead motherfucker do you have to be to enjoy this shit...

What kind of dumbass brain dead motherfucker do you have to be to enjoy this shit. This has to be the dullest shit i have ever played in my life, what the fucking fuck. Holy shit. Seriously what the fuck. If you like this shit please, please explain what in the hell is appealing about it. I am so glad i am almost done with this fucking garbage, its one of the worst games i have ever played.

BUMP BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS TO ANSWER FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT

I agree, friend, us mature gamers need mature games.
May I suggest you try out Fallout 4 or Doom?
Perhaps even Skyrim if you enjoy RPGs.

I like your mom lmao

I know right? The level design is so uninspired. The gameplay is just bunnyhopping all around while spamming your guns. It's goddamn stupid. The guns felt like shit too. Have you played the first encounter? It's even worse. Brain numbing bad.

What a waste of a fine engine. This has to be one of the most boring FPS games I've ever played despite the fast pacing.

ayy

What the fuck kind of gun is he holding? It looks some kind of classic chain gun, but holding on to the barrels with his bare hands. Unless it just shoots with all 4 barrels at all times? Thanks, based Croatian devs.

Dubs thread you say?

Damn son
Checkd'

wow

WOW

just embarrasing

its complete garbage, chunk of shit.

THANK YOU

And its not even that fast, Sam moves way too slow for the game, its just random shit flying at you. But yes i agree, beatifull tech, game looks nice even to this day. Real shame its wasted on the serious sam games.

Im playing it right now, thats why i made this thread, im fighting that stupid wizard at the cathedral now. Hopefully im near the end of this garbage.

Yeah, the pacing can get pretty bad.
Especially if you look for secrets, considering how big the fucking levels are.

I definitely want to warn people to not bother looking for secrets because the pacing is already too slow and dragged out as it is.

But you definitely get some fantastic battles in these games unlike most any other games out there. The Serious Sam games have some amazing spectacles that I wouldn't give up on just to avoid the pacing.

Just finished it, that last boss wizard was terrible and boring. The humor and tech are the only redeemable factors.

To be honest, I've only finished Serious Sam 3.
It's the only one that didn't bore me before I could finish.

Serious Sam 3 got really good at the end. I loved it.
And the UFO boss fights were good too.

if you hate serious sam games you hate videogames in general

serious sam has it all there that pc gaming has to offer. variety of enemies, variety of guns, no handholding, fun secrets, modding, multiplayer, vast configuration options, stages pushing PC to it's limits with enemy count and gravity defying gimmicks

(checked)
try these

Don't exactly know what the hell people enjoy about it either, but thats hardly reason to make a thread complaining about it.

You know what it doesntt have, fucking good gameplay, good design or good direction. Its shit.

well if not Holla Forums then who am i gonna complain to?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I forgot to ask if you were playing on Serious difficulty.
That part is mandatory for fun to happen.

fair point but considering serious sam is a fast-paced action game with heavy weaponry in which you fight hundreds and sometimes thousands of enemies (with unique behaviors per enemy type thus keeping you on your toes) in a single encounter set in levels inspired by real world architecture from ancient civilizations and you still somehow hate that, I have to conclude that you're mostly disappointed it's not call of duty

well I don't know what kind of "pacing" you're talking to but when considering the sequence of events as they happen of the course of the game, the pacing is very dry and takes very long lengths of gameplay before it changes things up with a boss-fight or scenery change.

What's fast is the combat.
I guess you could argue that "pace means speed", but "pacing" is something I would use to refer to the cadence of level design and event scripting throughout a game.

Are you serious?

Hi elog

elaborate if you're so great

Get outta here Phil.

What, is this FF XIII now?

Low quality bait.
The end is the best, but everything after the first UFO battle is good.

Welcome the sanity club, OP.

I really would like to hear if OP was playing on Serious mode or not.

are you really sure you weren't playing Serious Sam 2?

Just buy a fun FPS instead. I recommend nuDOOM

We shitposting haven now? Either way, check 'em.

Nice.

k, you have your opinion.

This right here, and god-awful AI. The rest is kinda mediocre.

i pity you

I bet you played on tourist faggot. Play this shit as you'd play bullet hell shoot em up. Play this shit on serious, where 2 kleers can kill you, maybe then you will enjoy it. I sure did !

To be honest, with a zillion varied enemies on screen, how would individual AI make a difference or even be noticed in the first place? (let alone the strain on the processor advanced AI would cause for a large amount of enemies)
What could advanced AI do to improve the gameplay of a horde of enemies in a large enviroment, where the job of most enemies is to run and shoot at you, which they already do just fine?

This game doesn't have bunnyhopping you retard (it should though !)

Have to agree. Not sure why everyone here loves it

It's most certainty one of the most overrated games of all time. Why would you even touch one of these games when painkiller exists anyway, it''s what this series wishes it could be.

impressive

I like painkiller, but I think SS is much better.

I think the problems is that people aren't playing on Serious mode.

There's other modes besides Serious?

Some people actually play on Mental sometimes.

He spins it by hand

I actually think that the Serious Sam games require more thinking compared to the average FPS. To get the most fun out of the game, you have to play on any difficulty >=Hard and aim to kill all enemies.

you are a mean little brat

They really is a contrarian culture developing, isn't they?

No one can enjoy anything anymore.

Holy shit, this fucking kid man.

Haha holy fucking shit BTFO

Holy shit

Your therapist.

SS was one of the first meme games, its marketing point being that it was a "brainless fun shooter, like Doom was". And early 2000s players who never played Doom, swallowed it whole.

Now that Doom has resurged in popularity, you can all see how bullshit that was. Doom alternates moments of fast action and survival horror drag, its formula stays fresh because of the alternance.

I keep shooting the enemy with my shotguns but I keep dying! What do I do?

And Serious Sam doesn't?

Even i managed to finish the game on Serious-mode despite sucking at fps-gaems.

Havent managed to do that on SR2 yet though… some of these levels just… fuck!

I'm back in berestain universe again arent I?

That's how most people perceive Doom even though it isn't that brainless.

No it doesn't.

I don't think anyone who played Serious Sam all the way through would call it brainless.

Stop bullshitting, there are just as many suspenseful moments in Serious Sam before enemies come crawling out of the woodworks en masse like in Doom.

Of course, when you leave the giant empty map with 100 enemies and enter the dark maze with sparse ammunition.

I'm the rapist?

too much

I love serious sam, played it a lot back then but when I try to play it today it does indeed feel a bit boring.

there are autists trying to slide ELoG's videos by spamming them enough times on here and cuckchan

So predictable.

oh look OP made a video

the only thing I don't like about SS is that there's basically no mod community. if people put even half as much effort into making things for it like Doom then it would be amazing.

Excuse me?

What's with all the recent Serious hate, though? It's only something I started noticing this year. Is it just a natural swarm of neutral shitposters who breed themselves in places who take the bait like with Senran Kagura?

I don't about the hate, but I know ELoG's video was born out of some cuckchan posters egging him on to give Sam a another chance, then they got all butt flustered when his opinion on it hadn't changed, and instead of leaving it at that, they posted it all over cuckchan Holla Forums and everyone is all up elog's ass about it.

Yea, I saw something about that in the comments. The video itself is just shamefur dispray for someone who passes himself off as knowledgeable about videogames, but nothing to get überbutthurt about.

It's just a retarded brat that wants to be a meme.

Personally I think he's right. Serious Sam really is a mediocre game. It's nowhere as well designed as Doom or Quake, and is really only held up as being good by people who wanted to play an old school shooter at a time when Half-life was the new upstart in making FPSes more cinematic and linear. If you want to play good arena shooter, play Painkiller or anything else.

Elog probably would've gotten a better response if he did a proper review of the series and not a lets play that's just him grumbling 90 percent of the time.

I'd suspect nuDoom shills.

People who played Doom heard about it, tried it out, then found out it was a piss poor shooter.

The level design sucks, most of the weaponry is mediocre, and the AI is even more shit than most modern shooters. The best part of it is enemy variety, but considering 90% of them just charge blindly at you there's no real tactics or flow to the game besides backpedaling while holding M1.

It's a great game for attempting to recreate the chaos of Nuts.wad, but as a pay-for game it's at best a 5/10.

There's no elaborate well-designed levels like in Quake, but Quake never had to fit over 9000 enemies in a single level. Usually designing the level layout for such a serious amount of enemies would be a bitch, so in terms of layout there's nothing really special aside from TSE's gimmick rooms. What would you consider a well-designed level in game where you have to fight thousands of enemies at a time?
Which leads to another aspect of level design, enemy placement, and enemy types used, which I feel is largely overlooked by most people since enemies appear to teleport out of thin air. You can create different encounters using the many different enemies in Serious Sam and arranging them in a different way like some kind of bullet pattern (in a way I feel that Serious Sam is like the bullet hell SHMUP to the obstacle courses of old school SHMUPs like Gradius and R-Type, genres which also get their fair share of bitching. You even get screenwipe bombs in SS, for fucks sake). On the surface, Serious Sam levels look fairly identical, but through the use of varying enemy composition you can actually create fairly different challenges for the player. Imagine how you would design levels for Serious Sam with the available tools. Would you settle for the same wave of enemies after wave? There is actually more thought put in the level design of Serious Sam than most people think, it's just not readily apparent. And even then, layout, what most people first think of when hearing level design, is not completely redundant in SS, just not the main focus.

If we're talking about audio/visual feedback, then I agree, but all weapons in the arsenal of SS have their own purpose in battle and are well balanced. The problem with a game where the weapon arsenal is largely situational is that you can't use a weapon because it feels so good to use, since that would be ineffective.

When you are facing a zillion enemies on screen whose job is to run towards you, hurl projectiles at you, and claw you from up close, then I'd say the enemies do their jobs just fine. Is SS a game that would benefit from really good AI? Individual AI wouldn't even be noticeable in large enemy groups, on top of it being a massive strain on the CPU (slav magic can't just fix everything). What would you expect from Serious Sam with good AI? One thing I'd sure like to see is something like a L4D herd AI (minus the dynamic difficulty), though I wouldn't be entirely sure how that would be implemented if you have to take in account the terrain and many different enemy types with their own roles. The only way I can see it work is by taking the FEAR route of designing the AI around the levels, there were actually some scripted sequences in TFE where Werebulls would circle around you instead of blindly charging at you like usual. Which would be cool every now and then, but if each enemy would have a different behavior for each level, you'd have to deal with dying more often since the enemy's patterns you've learned throughout the game no longer apply. Suddenly the Goombas could behave like fucking Hammer Bros, which would go against what the player has learned for the entire game (coincidentally I never saw anyone complain about the shitty AI in Super Mario)

Consider this, what would the game be like if most enemies DIDN'T charge at you and just moved through the levels at average Doom enemy speed? They'd either have to fire a fuckton of varied projectiles at you like in Marathon Phoenix, or just stand around like chumps while you kill them all off. Since most enemies run faster than you and WILL catch up to you, this creates the dynamic where you have to essentially micro-manage killing as many enemies as possible before they get to you, by learning to prioritize and which weapons to use in what situation. To say you can survive everything by backpedaling and shooting your gatling gun at everything is only possible in Tourist difficulty, the tactics and flow come from thinning the herds as much as possible before they catch up to you and panic sets in as you're trying to damage control as much as possible and explosive weapons become unfeasible to use due to splash damage.

cancer