Be slowpoke

This is without a doubt the dumbest fucking story in videogames since Parasite Eve: 3rd Birthday. When your game's most interesting character is an insane, gap-toothed black man from Africa who hung up his warlord hat to become a scripture-spouting gun dealer you have serious problems. How the fuck did I not hear how unbelievably bad this story was?

The writer.

I'm against stupid, and damn right that story sounds stupid and I hate it.

Good thing I never bought it

Or played it

The game is a big parody/deconstruction/ironic play, and we still dont know if it was on purpose or not

Seriously, the story is more retarded than Fallout 3.

Pagan Minh tells you he'll help you set your mother's ashes to rest in the morning. For no reason you escape with the rebels and then you tell them "I don't really care about your fight I'm just here for my mother's ashes".

THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU RUN?

What's interesting is how I was actually rooting for the "bad guy".

He had an iron fist but he was the only one keeping the place from breaking into a drug riddled, war torn wreck of a country.

I don't know how they always do it but these hipster fucks always manage to get me to root for the "bad guy".

I ended the game like how it should have.

I uninstalled right there. The golden path are a bunch a fucking terrorist and there's no way they have the power to even stabilize the country even after taking over it.

I know alot of people do the "X did nothing wrong" meme but Pagan Minh did nothing wrong.

I'm glad I didn't give them my money for this, but man, I'm still sad I gave any of my time to this game

To be fair Pagan did stab a guy and send him off to get tortured shortly after abducting sack on head included Ajay against his will. He's got no real reason to think that Pagan isn't harmful to his health up to that point, so breaking out makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is how Ajay just sort of shuffles along doing whatever he's told… because. Made actively worse because the resistance is openly spitting in his face every time they open their mouths. Ajay has literally zero motivation for doing any of the things he does, none.

Say what you will about Far Cry 3 but at least they gave you solid reasons for doing the things you did in that game.

It's just like how Marvel recently had the Red Skull talk about the migrant crisis in Europe, I read that and thought: "Wow, when did Red Skull become a good guy?" It turns out they were still painting him out to be a ebul nazi and trying to do the same to the majority of people who think what he said was perfectly sensible. These people have absolutely no perspective and a fucked sense of morality.

you know how some people see the whole world in black vs white? well, SJWs are no different, except they've been conditioned to think the white are the bad guys.

Oh I know that.

Now Captain America revealed that he's also part of Hydra.

Even read an interview with the writer, he starts blabbing on about old America vs new America, Trump…

Marvel is riddled with Tumblr-tier faggots.

I'm still not sure if the alternate ending is supposed to be ironically the best or we are supposed to be 'horrified' of Ajay joining Minh.

Well hey, if you ever wanted a good example of a game that lets you play the villain, this is one of them.

You had the best chance to say "They've been conditioned to think the blacks are the good guys" and you blew it

Its better than 3 but the gameplay is still shit

And then the game ends pretty much on the spot. Congratulations you've spent $60 on absolutely fucking nothing if you were retarded enough to buy it new, here have a gun so you can shoot the shitty fucking disc and try to purge your mistake from your memory.

Seriously the good ending is a joke ending. The best possible ending you can have to the game (while still playing the campaign to completion) is to kill Amoeba or whatever her name was, join the nationalist, kill him once he goes all psycho, call it quits and snap the disc in half.

SJWs are complete garbage writers and forgot how to make protagonists interesting. However because beating up psychotic villains who do it for the sake of being evil got boring so they started making them have actual personalities, the side effect being of course that they always come across as sympathetic - and in most cases, more sympathetic than any of the supposed heroes. Usually it's played as an attempt at muh gray and gray morality but that's just a cover for their inability to write worth a damn.

It's a punchline. The joke is the game's budget, the plot, and especially the player.

thats kinda the point of the game wasnt it? you are some random asshole who comes into the country and just starts fucking shit up, its similar to 3 in that you could have left with all your friends but decide to stay because some chick plays into your hero complex.

Far Cry 3 has a better story despite being a convoluted mess. There's more fun characters, and more interaction with them, the protaganist's an interesting asshole instead of a boring twat who has no stakes in the situation. The main plot was rewritten and stitched together dozens of times during development, but all of the ideas they had were more interesting than "socjus vs gaytrads" from 4. The dream/trip sequences have actual interesting visuals that show off the engine instead of just shoving psychedelic colors everywhere. Far Cry 3 is the last time Ubisoft had people that actually tried during development, even if the end result is bland, inconsistent and only partially fixed by mods.

He's literally the only good character. Like come on nigger, he gave you a fucking feast and was pretty kind and straight forward with you.

Longinus is fun for one cutscene, and Other CIA is still fun, although much more muted than he was in Far Cry 3.

That's one thing I wonder, both sides are terrorists either way, why not let you side with the "villain" or just have you go solo against the entire world because you just wanted to scatter your mothers ashes and not deal with a country's stupid shit

Yeah not trying to push an agenda here or anything fucking Ubisoft kikes

FarCry 4 was pretty interesting in the begging. The villain have charm. And you might as well say the game ends if you just wait as you're told.

I don't know, Pagan Minh is pretty cool and all, but he certainly didn't have the best first impression. He killed a man in front of you.

The man he killed disobeyed orders and nearly killed his… are you his step son? I actually can't really remember.
Anyway it's perfectly justified to kill that guy, he nearly fucked up in a big way and you have to show that you will punish people who fuck up.

He killed a man who opened fire on who, at that point, we think are simply civilians in a volkswagen bus

I understand that I have to choose to side with retards against someone who they did a piss-poor job of establishing as a villain bad enough to need removing, have to play a story that jumps all over the goddamn place and gives me absolutely zero player agency because no matter what I choose to do I am furthering the agenda of a group of assholes, and never really gets interesting at all

Why did you have to bring this up? I'd managed to forget it existed.

No.
No. No no no.

Presumably all the parasites were plucked off. Tibets was cleansed of eunuch boy bands. Exciting projects that showcased the countries unique cultural styles were at hand. Lifestyles expanded enriching facility to accomodate them. Neighbouring countries were hunted for fun upon tresspass and this celebrated by the local hawaiian girls in non coreographed sexual extassy.

Pagan Min gets new suits. New shoes and a hand when he needs to submerge himself in the betterment of his country to withstand the unresolvable greif of living without his soul mate.

I played the game recently, and it was stated right there that those men opened fire under Pagan Minh orders, so it's painfully obvious he is the leader, and even worst, he killed his own man with cold blood and the guy was even afraid of him.
That's a terrible impression by my standards.

The second statement was more refereed to 3rd birthday, not Farcry 4. The story of 3rd birtday isn't that bad, but Squeenix can't fucking tell an story.

Sure is. The problem is that you just got there, and the first thing you see is mass murdering and a man killing another, you don't know much about what is happening except the obvious, that Pagan Minh is kind of mental, then he proceeds to explain you more or less what's happening, and proceeds to take a selfie with his face still covered in blood

If you see a man killing other on the streets you wouldn't ask him why or even listen to him, you'd run the fuck away. Maybe, I don't know, I'd maybe stick around because I want to die.

That all sounds pretty good.

Its a mystery how these writers manage to get a fucking career

The one good ending in the game is the one where you don't even play. You just wait in a room at the start of the game for a while(I think it's 10 minutes?), Pagan comes in and takes you for a ride in a helicopter and then you go on your way

Dude, I'm a "muh freedoms" loving 'Murican, and even I played through it and thought,

"This shithole wouldn't stand a chance without Pagan Min."

Their two fallback plans are either to go back to the stone age and marry little girls, or to traffic drugs and murder little girls instead. Ajay's entire involvement with the Golden Path boiled down to,

Then you learn that Ajay's dad was a terrorist cuck, and the GP just sits there egging him on to finish what his retard dad started.

Kyrat NEEDED Pagan, or it would fall into something far worse.

Fuck Amita.

The amount of muzzle sweeping the character does is absolutely disturbing.

I know that the game is supposed to be more grey, but it doesn't help motivation at all when you're only allowed to choose between one path of two psychos.

How about that Dying Light

This meme has gone too far. Say what you want about the writing, but Pagan Min is no hero. He's not even a stabilizing force.

What about it?

Best ending of the game and yet the game doesn't continue on from there where you could kick terrorist asses with your dad.

He killed a piece of shit who was a liability. That's called being a responsible leader. It's also the benefit of not requiring a slow-ass system of courts in his country - he is the law.

it's exactly the same as Dead Island except with added parkour
it goes from "hey this is fun" to "holy fuck everything is boring as fuck" just as quickly, too

what a fucking rude prick. no wonder he becomes a fucking terrorist in the main storyline.

That actually seems like a very interesting character

Doesn't surprise me. The best ending is the one where you don't even play the game.

SJWfags hate playing games.

He's great. Then you only interact with him, like, five times, and each time he just sends you to the Himalayas.

that sounds pretty cool

This is why I like Far Cry 2 the best of the bunch. Go (Physically) Economic Hitman on a African country spiralling even further out of control, no ifs, no buts, no suggestions you're some good guy. Good fire effects also helps a lot.

Sounds like General Butt Naked. Former savage warrior renowned for being a cannibal who would march into battle naked. Great leader turned priest who no one Fucks with. Should be king of all Africa imo

The first one was okay too

I really feel bad for those who paid full price for Farcry 4 (or 3, or Primal since they are basically copy paste)

I'm about to start thinking Farcry is now mostly made mechanically with minimal dev input. The only good Farcry out lately has been Blood Dragon.

This.
Would have been great because it would have been different.
Instead of working with the rebels terrorists to bring down the guy who rules you kill the terrorists with ya dad.

He's supposedly one of the scrub warlords you fucked up in Far Cry 2, funnily enough.

What's the source on these?

bravo Ubisoft

you actually played the game? Why?

Not your biological dad, but considering he was fucking Osama Bin Laden, taking Pagin Min as a dad doesn't sound like such a bad idea

Because I'm fucking masochistic and wanted to see how far gaming has fallen

needless to say, I've seen enough, I've heard Primal is worse, but considering how vapid and casual 4 was, I find that pretty hard to believe

oh and the terrorists were user? BS

I was burnt out on FC3 when I started FC4 and couldn't stomach more than ~20mins of it.

It felt like the exact same shit all over again except with a different setting.

Why hasn't this guy being accused of rape or kicked out of Patreon yet?

He seems to know too much and expose publisher's faggotry.

That's the most amazing part, in the shitty writing.
I mean we all sort of excepted that Pagan raped his mom to make his sister or that she was forced or anything…

Then you realize that NOPE, his mom did fall in love with Pagan, his dad was an asshole and killed his sister (and then tried to kill his mother who got him first), so his mom just fled the country…

So Pagan didn't lie and the oh shocking the boss and hero of the golden path was a dick, like the two current leaders are…

This
I think the game is about siding with who you hate the least

But you already make that decision by choosing to play a Ubisoft game.

I don't recall much of any of the lot having anything interesting happening in it.

I just watched the opening bit again, nope, the guy who shot up the bus did so outside of Minh's orders. They got attacked, the officer jumped the gun and the bus shot at.

When Pagan arrives he chews the guy out because he ordered him to stop the bus and detain those inside. He just wanted the guy to stop the bus so he could pick up Ajay which he was a minute away from doing. Instead the guy and soldiers under his command blindly open fire on the bus and kill the civilians inside and nearly take out Ajay. Of course he was fucking pissed after the shitty commander nearly killed the guy he thinks of as his son in law and wanted to meet.

Everybody in FC4 is a dick. The golden path are the bad guys and so is most of Pagan's regime but he is the closest thing to order and stability in the country. He is a warlord who conquered the country and is currently in the process of trying to civilise it. He has his faults for sure, especially when it comes to his troops who are mostly shit and abuse the general population but Pagan is still the best character out of everyone else there. He isn't a good guy but he's better than everyone else including those we are supposed to think of as the good guys, I wouldn't mind the gray everyone is bad theme if not for the fact it plays like you are supposed to consider the golden path the good guys.

The only other character I found myself caring about that much is the arena lady and even then it was mostly just pity. I wanted to murder most of the people you meet in the game, especially the two fucking druggies.

This guys videos seem pretty good.

Play blood dragon instead.

What was the "bad" end?

I believe where you wait around for some 20 minutes until the guy comes back, he helps you bury your mum, and then takes you out shooting.
Pretty cool

Came to post this. Best ending.

You dont get a resolution in any of the endings. They really wer trying hard to be pretentious on this one. At least you can still side with Pagan Min after playing through.