Touhou Netplay #6

Touhou netplay thread, for all your danmaku multiplayer purposes. We're playing tons of AoE lately, so if you're found of RTS games, consider sticking around for a few matches.
We now also have an IRC channel on irc.rizon.net namely #2hu8ch which is strictly for tech support purposes and occasionally chatter for games that lack an in-game chat system.

Phantasmagoria of Flower View:
Competitive Danmaku shooting game.
DL:mediafire.com/download/3gia1bwpw2z39wy/PoFV Netplay Pack.zip

Hisoutensoku + Scarlet Weather Rhapsody:
Competitive 'traditional' fighting game. For a moveset list please refer to hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Touhou_Hisoutensoku_Wiki
DL:mediafire.com/download/ymrru5e0stydvst/Touhou 12.3 Hisoutensoku v1.10a eng patch v1.1a + 10.5 Hisouten v1.06a eng patch v1.1a + Sokuroll v1.3.rar

Urban Legend in Limbo (jap v1.11, don't update it if you want to play online):
Competitive 'aereal' fighting game.
DL: mega.nz/#!e5wnCJzK!x0KleZvTbLLChtsOF4kd0nVX7ZbFr8a5LIEyf8Qj6mE

Meddlesome Magician 2:
'Party' game where you either race and beat the crap out of eachother in a groundcourse, fight eachother in a 4-way free for all River City Ransom-style arena or try to destroy your color-coded spirit before your opponents do the same with theirs. Allows for up to 4 players at once. Please refer to en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Daiundousai/Characters for info on how to play each character in Battle Royale.
DL: mega.nz/#!ldgVQR6K!PM3TblpfKqMoiV7QRK_4emj7gH-TzkknboLDDeILmig

Touhou Hack and Slash:
Basically a 2D dungeon crawler with unforgiving enemies, fuckhuge randomly generated dungeons to explore and a really restrictive character selection list. It allows up to 8 people at once.
DL: mediafire.com/download/jqb59bgu2q7hb2w/Touhou Hack & Slash.7z

Touhou Diablo: Treasure Hunter G:
3D diablo-clone that looks like an N64/Wii game with a deceitful insane difficulty curve. There are also no levels and no restrictions for gear unlike HnS, you only increase your damage and hp with different weapons and accessories. It's limited in that monsters only spawn near the host and the lack of a chat system hinders it for casual play.
DL: mediafire.com/download/itva1ak20711od2/TD - THG.7z

Touhou Boushuen - Age of Ethanols (2.18 jap):
A Real Time Strategy game, essentially an easier Ages of Empires 1 but instead of axes and rams, you get shitloads of fairies shooting projectiles and books. It has a really good campaign to learn how to play, it's easy to setup for online play and allows up to 8 players.
__DL_:wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/蟒酒宴+ 2.18.7z
We also have an optional english version, if you can't read moonrunes and want to learn what the menus say or if you want to play the campaing:
wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/Boushuen English version 1.01a.7z

How to get PoFV working online:
hastebin.com/raw/uviwiyigex
And read the attached PoFV networking infographic.

How to get Soku working online:
Just run the .bat that says sokuroll, it'll start the game and you can enter the Vs Network option to play online.
Alternatively try reading this: fuwa.se/f/NzGq0z.txt

How to get ULiL working online:
It should be just as easy as going into the game's multiplayer menu and following the same instructions as with playing soku. There's no roll utility for this game however.

How to get MM2 working online:
I suggest you follow the MM2 infopic. Otherwise it should be the same as ULiL and Soku. Also since rules.ttf is not included please read this hastebin.com/raw/azasabacej for info on the rules settings.
Note that there's no chat system in-game and that anyone disconnecting in the middle of the match WILL crash the game for everyone else.

How to get THNS working online:
Please read this: hastebin.com/raw/ogamexafov and if it doesn't work, make sure to ask for help in the thread.

How to get TD:THG working online:
Read this: hastebin.com/raw/ehutatuwoz

How to get AoE working online:
Same as Soku/ULiL/etc, however it expects a TCP protocol instead of a UDP, so take that into account. Also look at the updated AoEconfig infopic to see what the config runes mean.

And yes, general discussion of touhou is allowed and encouraged, though the main focus is for organizing netplaying matches.

NO SECONDARIES ALLOWED

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/dm858o55lj9eabe/C78_Touhou_Sky_Fight.rar
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki
hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Touhou_Hisoutensoku_Wiki
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Daiundousai/Characters
www54.zippyshare.com/v/PQY6DCL0/file.html
mega.nz/#F!O9cmXQIa!MoqBADG069lHc3Hz0FKFiQ
mega.co.nz/#!29dmzSLb!On1dXaM4E6wb6spd1OY4OvdNTE9Ijpv5DLfUwg-4ea8
mega.nz/#!Dkd1ADJY!IlKbavrAw2_q13z1GpGbbC8G6LcVZCDIfu8lM2iEvH8
fileplanet.com/140688/140000/fileinfo/Unreal-Tournament-2004-Patch-v3369
moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/downloads
ghostbin.com/paste/rj8qj
mega.nz:/#!LgxTUBIL!4wbVm9S1ItrW0d8WmS7_RUWTRZdtHhDNbSOyNiepGz4
mega.nz/#!ywJj0JJI!kHl-b09JRr1lsEMWQa6OnqmcbW5kNXs7MVdujYpfRQc
whatismyip.com/
mega.nz/#!T55zzTLT!X3ONB7W1XQ78FTPNFX_CsbsT3S7WAeqMfEeeY__elcg
www72.zippyshare.com/v/qArv7IRc/file.html
mega.nz/#!3gwEhaIR!Xi__4iAu0vvor7I0U4MX8YcD7RekTKrrkGs4U9OwSGY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Since 8ch is shitting itself and i can only post in sys.8ch.net, i'll have to upload every infopic separately because sys doesn't allow multiple images per post, which sucks.

Also i updated the AoE infopic to 2.18's config, should be somewhat more accurate now!

Gotta host some AoE+ again.

94.188.40.99:10800

That was a pretty nice match

I was so useless, i really should not be rushing that aggresively with such a weak eco.

Host is rehosting!

Game's up

eco > everything at this skill level, as I understand it
I'm not really good at RTS's, but playing Build-an-Army Tycoon while walling up to repel raids should be easy for everyone.

Thanks for the matches!

Library is still OP, though i could have done better with getting to Lunatic faster. Always need more workers.

Is it really?

good games

At least my rush actually succeeded in taking out one of the AIs, unlike that other person's.

Hey, i always see you trying to rush and i think you like using aggresive early-game strategies.

You should try to play either as Hakurei for their fast and cheap to produce suikas, Chireiden for zombie fairies, Okuu and fast-reds by upgrading Rin or the 3 Fairies of Light for the absolute boost in eco they get for having cheap heroes and no houses.
3 Fairies may seem weak due to having no books or defenses but they compensate easily with swarms of infantry they can keep pouring out even at Normal if you play your cards right, and their passive hero abilities are pretty great to boot too.

We were playing on Normal though. Try that on Lunatic and you're pretty much done.

Only in their late game.

They have horrible defenses early on due to having no towers and their house-libraries costing 200 wood each limits them greatly in production buildings, their hero abilities (except for Koakuma's) are lame at best and they're pretty much sitting ducks until they reach Hard.

That said, each of their books are special with their red book being tankier (as opposed to being fast like SDM), their green books shooting in a spread of 3 instead of a single projectile that does ridiculeous amounts of damage to everything and their blue books are actually good now at dealing damage to buildings unlike other faction's blue books and are quite fast making them great for anti-artillery. Also their library-houses double as defenses in Hard, but they're still weak compared to other defenses. They can also upgrade their books to EXTRA in lunatic, for 2500 points each type, giving them a great boost in the ultra-late game.

B-b-but I like Alice…

If you aggressively build a bunch of walls up in front, you can stall the lunatic AI a bit. Sometimes they'll attack your walls even if they can go around them.>>9534208

I like Alice too but she's only strong in the late game.

More AoE+ - 94.188.40.99:10800

Get in and let's have fun!

Heres my idea for a clone fightan match on MM2.

Pic related 1

Pic related 2

Pic related 3

Pic related 4

Pic related 5

Lobby is up again!

Holy shit, what a great game.

Damn, we didn't even get a chance

I have no one to blame but myself

These models from Uniting Barrage Action may not look as good as Sky Arena but some look better than their MMD counterparts (Save for Sakuya and Cirno who I personally think look rather off)

Part 2

Come on, it's friday.

Yeah, its pretty slow today, what gives?

No idea, probably that all the hosts are still asleep? It's still somewhat early for friday night shenanigans.

ah, makes sense. I forget different time zones…

That's some 2002 Newgrounds sound effects quality you got there.

I'm awake and ready for action!

Do you mean the actual compression quality, or the effects used in general?

kek
AoE+ - 94.188.40.99:10800

Needs higher difficult AIs!

up again
won't lag this time, hopefully

GGs, taking a break now. I really hate dealing with AI hero units that can stop an entire army by themselves.

~Ayaya

Ready for alcohol!

We should also try out those other remaining fangames some time

Sound effect.

Surely one of you fags knows PC-98 asm and can hack up a patch.

I'd much rather play PoFV instead anyways.

PoDD is the better game, though.

Although I was hesitant on suggesting because it seemed barebones, I found another fangame that has netplay: Sky Fight (Made by the same studio who did Sky Arena)

Only 6 characters to choose from (Reimu, Marisa, Cirno, Sakuya, Remilia, and Flandre) and it plays like Joust or Balloon Fight where you tap a button to keep flying.

Should probably post the download link for it in case any want to play it: mediafire.com/download/dm858o55lj9eabe/C78_Touhou_Sky_Fight.rar

Make a clone like Trick Nostalgie.

It seems quite neat, despite the sound effects.
Sadly, there's nothing written about it anywhere and the only info i could gather were some old youtube videos, i wonder if there's any english translation patch for it.

Well the tutorial I found states that Hamachi may be needed (Unless its anything like Hack and Slash where Hamachi isn't needed)

Pic related is how you get a game rolling. (It has its own chat room system which is a plus)

Well I got Patchy done, too bad the Unreal Engine won't cooperate with me by loading her model (Sakuya bizarrely works fine)

bump

Will be alway again for morning

I hope we'll have some matches today!

What a rough way to start my day.

Even more reason to learn rune.

uhh what exactly is this? I've been avoiding every touhou thread ever but now curiosity got the better of me.

Touhou is a series of video games with lots of popular fanworks. We're currently playing some of its games together. These are both official games and fangames. Come join us. There's a bunch of download links in the OP.

We've been playing Touhou netgames together these last couple weeks. If you want to join feel free to give it a try. There's download links in the OP. Lately we've been playing Age of Ethanols which is a light RTS games which supports up to 8 players. It's pretty fun. Sometimes we also play Meddlesome Magician which is a cute party game with several minigames in it.

A series of games belonging to a dead genre with one of the most cancerous videogame fanbases of all time.

It's just some crappy fangame anyways so no big deal

I'll check it out tomorrow, then. Is there any lore or whatever?

tell me more. The only dead genre I can name off the top of my head is 3d platformers.

en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki
hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Touhou_Hisoutensoku_Wiki

He's probably talking about shmups.

AoE host is up again! Let's have some fun

And of course the host info:
AoE+ 2.18: 94.188.40.99:10800

You forgot the IP, which i'm guessing is 94.188.40.99:10800.

Host is up again!

Lunatic AI too strong

Host is up again btw

lobby's up

And 1 more!

geegee

Great match!

Lobby's still up, come join at
94.188.40.99:10800 AoE+2.18

GGs not enough walls

That was a pretty fun match! I'm glad I didn't get massacred early on again

Alice, why did you leave that gaping hole into your base? I waltzed in and it was all downhill for you from there. Did you think it wouldn't get noticed?

I'm confused on why Patchy doesn't work but whatever

HEEEEERESS MARISA!

It's kind of hard to see where the holes are when the ground is green and the trees are green and you have poor vision.

All of you should learn to scout. If you have spare units, you should be queue them around the map and back towards your base. That way you'll have a web of scouting across the map. Satori's special ability can reveal units everywhere on the map and Tensi's towers with their long visibility are great at detecting units. Red units are best for scouting because they are cheap and fast. As a rule of thumb, you should not have black area anywhere, especially near your base. Scatter walls/borders throughout the map. Borders are cheap but they can detect where an army is.

Is that really a problem? Your units were yellow so you should have been able to see. Maybe we should play another map.

The game's up, join in, everybody!

We need another player. 3 players is no fun.

Thanks for the matches! Lunatic AI is still too strong, but we're definitely getting better.

Reimu is done!

Warning in advance: these models will clip and there isn't much I can do to fix them, so get used to it

Team colors sort of work…

Can't seem to change other parts of the skin like the bow so those will have to be left intact.

Blue Reimu.

how do i patch age of ethanol to engrish im mentaly retardtet help

You don't patch it, there are just two versions. The 1.0 English version, which we don't use for online play due to it being outdated, and the japanese 2.18 version, which is what we use for online play.

Just download both, they're fairly small anyways (100 or so mb iirc). Use the english version when playing in single player to learn what the menus say or then the jap version when you want to connect to anyone playing.

This is going to be a dumb question but how do you use people's special attacks in mm2?

It's in the OP, but i'll paste it here too, there's a wiki with the full list of moves for every character:

t-thanks

thank you I clicked the link but didn't think enough to click the characters names.

until after the fact* ^

Your antivirus gave you a false positive, i doublechecked and it doesn't have any strange stuff within. Also i forgot to say but you need to change your regional time locale (not your language locale) to Japanese in order for the text to work in the campaign, it's as easy as going to Control panel > Clock, Region and Language and changing the Region options.

Let's see if we can break 5 or 6 players today!

I'll try to join if I can finish debugging something soon.

I recently fiddled with my router settings and i think i can host shit now, let's test it out.

Hosting some MM2.
190.36.123.192:10800

We're full, though i'm also allowing spectators, starting match.

Wait, MM2 allows spectators?

Like I said, I can't do much on fixing the other part of the skin to match the team color

Although now that I look at those images, I should fix Reimu's tie so that it stays yellow (Even though for her gold version, it may blend in)

Game seems to have crashed

It seems either someone disconnected or it crashed. I underestimated how shit my net is and only put 6 of delay instead of 9.

Right before the host option, there's a selector that maxes up to 4.

Rehosting, and skipping to the fightan.

Cool.

How do you know if people are spectating? Would there be a "SPECTATORS WATCHING THIS MATCH: 3" or something?

I don't think it shows, and i've never spectated a match before so i don't know how it works, however I THINK you can choose to spectate by pressing V (or C?) before attempting to connect to any IP, an extra set of runes will appear on the option.

We're still short on one extra player, if anyone wants to join and missed up on it. We're starting in 3-5 minutes.

Welp, we're starting now.

Spectating does work. Click v on the connect to IP from clipboard option and connect.
観戦 = spectate.

Should i rehost? Or maybe try a different game.

Rehost one last time

If it crashes, its dead m8

It's up.

Rehosting.

We're missing 1 more player, starting in 5 mins.

Fuck, it keeps crashing. Maybe we should try a different game.

These crashes…

We could try out that new one I suggested

Does TSF have DRM?

Nope. you do not need to have an account to play, unlike Gensyo Drift.

Sky Arena also doesn't require an account to play, you just need the host to put in the IP and join in.

I'm not exactly sure if it works for me, since i tried in VS mode and it blackscreened after selecting characters, but hell, let's try it out.

Hosting Sky Fight. for download link.
190.36.123.192:10800 (check your TSFconfig to change the port)

Sky Fight doesn't seem to work

Into the trash it goes

Weird, i see people attempting to connect but they instatly quit the lobby. Is this game bugged?

星蓮船が倒せない

Game looks like it could be fun.

I RETRACT THIS COMMENT, IT WORKS BUT WITH HAMACHI

Sky Fight works, but expect MM2-tier lag

Dance bump I'm assuming everyone is sleeping again.

I would say so unless people from the other side want to play.

Me? I'm still working on Unreal Touhou Project 2004.

Its coming along nicely.

Thanks.

I still need to think of a voicepack idea for the cast that doesn't involve them talking in either Japanese or English (Although I might have to use whatever that text to speech deal was in that 'Junko makes a Commercial' video) and maybe some more character specific emblems since Uniting Barrage Action got me some.

Looking forward to some matches today, as always!

I think they just used vocaloid.

That's cruel. They should have just fed the fish.

How not to play PoFV safely.

get in and let's have fun

Damn cheating AI

up again

That went rather well.

Lobby is up again!

a-at least it's fun

also, game's up

Hijiri is so fast, she can outrun the fog of war.

Here she is! PC-98 Marisa!

but does she come with Mimi-chan?

Sadly no. You can assume the Redeemer missile is Mimi-Chan (Or when I reach that point, I could reskin the missile so that it looks like her)

Bump

Fun…

You can do it user, I believe in you.

bump

is there way to fix corrupted japaneese text in ULiL

Hosting some AoE+2.18, hopefully my net won't be shit right now.
190.36.123.192:10800

Did you make sure to run the game with a japanese system locale?

Just finished playing a match, lobby is up again.

Finished a match just now! Rehosting so come join us

PC-98 Reimu done!

What are those candy looking things?

Replacements for Unreal items in that map

Blue peppermint gives you health
Green peppermint gives you shield
Red peppermint gives you adrenaline

Bump

bump

I hate weekdays sometimes, hope we can get to play a few matches later today.

I'm ready for matches anytime!

let's do this

Rehosting!

This match went surprisingly well.

join in and let's play
V I D E O G A M E S

I heard these video games can be fun .
bump

You mean this one?

The fish did nothing wrong.

Yup, thats the one! (Even if its the same as )

Shouldn't the subtitle at 1:09 be おー instead of えー ?

I hope we can have some 4-player matches today!

IT'S TIME FOR BEING BAD AT VIDEOGAMES
IF YOU'RE NOT JOINING IN YOU'RE A FAGGOT

I'm glad I managed to survive that round. Fairies are pretty difficult to beat

good game though

lobby's up again

I can't stop looking a this picture. It's so priceless.

FUCKING COME AT ME BRO

bump

Hopefully we'll get some matches going this weekend

I tried to see if I could rush the AI as the Fairies and win before aging to hard. I couldn't make it but it's definitely possible. There's a bunch of tricks to take advantage of the stupid AI.

The AI only knows where your TCs are. It doesn't care about any other buildings. You can have workers all over the map and they will never hunt them down. The AI only moves directly between your base and theirs, so you can always predict where it will go and defend accordingly. You can make circles right next to its base. It never checks and it will only try to kill those circles if you lead them there. If you defeat those units, it won't send more. The AI also doesn't let its army attack until a while after it has left its base. If you have units between your two bases and closer to theirs, you can kill their whole army every time without having them attack you. The AI will never attempt to defend its own base. As long as you don't aggro units, you can kill all of their buildings and they will never respond. The AI makes up for this by placing towers everywhere, but once you destroy those, they're defenseless. They also tend to have circles everywhere and to leave units behind, but the same strategy applies. Just keep destroying one building at a time. A strategy to drain the AI of its workers is to lay down some ranged units near a resource stockpile and set them to defensive. The AI will keep sending workers but not units. The same works for constructions. The AI likes to prioritize units over buildings, probably so that it doesn't get eliminated while trying to destroy a building. This can be taken advantage of. When your TC is under siege, have a single unit run around it. If you micro it correctly, your unit will dodge all bullets and outrun all other enemies(as long as you are using a fast unit). The enemy will run around your TC trying to kill that one unit all while your TC and other defensive buildings shoot them. Tenshi is a good character for this. She's a sponge, fast, and can heal herself. Another strategy is to use rally points. TCs are pretty big and units always spawn towards the direction where the rally point is. You can use a trick to have the unit enter the TC on one side, reset the rally point, and then leave on the other side. If the AI attempts to chase the unit, they'll just keep going back and forth.

Here is a more cleaned up version, I didn't noticed how pixel-ed it was.

Probably, I don't know who made the video..

I remember some pretty hilarious AI abuse for this game people webm.

Yeah, the subtitle is wrong since I can hear おー but hey, as you said, you didn't make it.

Although to be honest, I like the previous version for the slightly distorted sound as it fits the video camcorder effect

bump

think there'll be anything related ro next 2hu game at this years comiket?

It's a bit early for a game. LoLK isn't even a year old. Why do you want a new game? Aren't there enough already?

Good point. Here it is again at low audio. There is also actually a film grain on the original video too for the cam effect, but the way webm works, it eats it. I'm not sure if its helping or hurting it. I usually do 16kbits for audio or less if there is only once source of noise, or only one person is talking. Although that doesn't always work.

As for the voices, Vocaloid cost money legally although I don't know how any of that plays out with everything being free. I do know you can try UTAU, Sinsy, or AquesTone, which are free. Supposedly UTAU is suppose to the closet one to Vocaloid. I have no idea how any of those port to sound files to use in unreal2k4 though.

How do you encode your videos? I use "WebM for Bakas" but it's not very good. It produces file sizes that are too big.

I don't know even know what do to.

Despite having the English patch installed, theres still way too much moon for me to handle.

If they have the option to export in wav format, it will work fine.

If not, then I can just use a recording program to save it as a wav and import it to Unreal.

How important are voices? Will there be dialogue?

Well considering that they don't really speak unless its special cases like Anime Project or a mod, I suppose they aren't important. (I have a downloaded a vocaloid voicepack but thats more for Hatsune Miku)

I'll settle with the Quake 3 voices where they say nothing but beeps.

I type in command prompt commands on base ffmpeg. I pretty much just guess whats a good bit-rate to file size ratio.

bit-rate, audio and visual are your key factor. Audio can be ignored if there is little to no sound, -b:a 16k is good if a bit tinny, -b:a 48k if you want half decent audio quality like is there is music or something. Resolution can be changed too, and has an impact on file size for obvious reason, but its largely dependent on visual bit rate. Ussally -b:v 400k is "decent" and -b:v 256k is the bare minimum if you ask me, even thoug the default bit rate is -b:v 96k if you don't fill that in.

Basically Bitrate of visual quality is your life blood.

There are a few things you need to also consider on the actual videos themselves.

For example, How many colors are even shown in the background. Are they light or dark. Is there a lot of movement. Junko for example barely moves from the center in the video, so webm compression voodoo takes short cuts and "i think" doesn't use extra memory for the back ground that never changes color or movement.

and other fun tips and tricks like that.

I use the default libvpx-vp9 codec, since I have yet to ever touch that stuff.

The real question here is, witch 2hu wud u fug?

Another example of lots of colors and movements.

No, none of that, there is no need for that.
We all know Meiling would be best.

TIME TO CORRECT THAT

Did you guys start?

Panic?

They're almost done with that match, i quit early because power went out.

That was a damn hard match.

Uphill battle all the way. I can't believe the AI worked together to destroy me at the start. I managed to repel them for a while but it got too difficult later on

And you wanted to play against 3 Lunatic AIs, jesus crist.

They do rush hard, but building a couple towers and filling them with workers or troops does help early on a ton.

Host is rehosting!

I'm in.

get in here you faggots
we're starting in five

You always play at the worst times.

Probably should play through single player a bit more. Couldn't find out how to rebuild town hall.

Only Sanae can build the TC in this game. If you lose all your TCs and Sanae, you're screwed.

Moriya is special in that it's breweries give faith instead of alcohol and that you can only build new TCs with Sanae BUT you can build an extra right on Normal rather than having to wait until Hard. If you lose Sanae and all your TCs, you're screwed though.

Room's up again. Get in and let's play some goddamn videogames.

Sanaes are creatures of burdens.

Human players will often prioritize killing Sanae, so be careful. She's the worst hero in the game to lose.

Woah, when did these threads start again
I thought they died back at halfchan years ago

We brought them back so play with us and have fun.

That match went horrible

I'll have to fix my netplay issues before that though, it's been almost 3 years since I played in the old Soku threads. I'll definitely try to stick around, at least to see how everything is going

On cuckchan, we used to have 4v4 player games regularly. It would be nice if we had some more players to do that sort of thing.

Yeah, I kind of miss the activity of late 2013 Soku threads. I don't miss the ungodly amount of shitposting and faggotry that came a year after though. Nevertheless, as long as some of us remain here it doesn't seem like we'll get pressured by the rest of the board

Those threads died so hard. They turned into a cesspool of cancer. Thankfully, Holla Forums has been hospitable. I was under the impression that the threads would get flooded with secondaries and die, but that hasn't happened yet. If things turn sour, there's always /thg/. The way those threads died is part of what makes me appreciate how Holla Forums operates. It's a great feature for the community to be able to migrate and self-moderate. During the exodus, I tried to pitch to some of the members of the community on cuckchan to move here. They found the idea unthinkable and it didn't happen. They were really attached to that place even after what happened to it, so they wouldn't belong here anyway.

Yeah, shit was really fucked back then. My studies give me almost no time to browse the chans, so I kind of missed the exodus myself. I got wind of it and this place thanks to a friend who basically said "halfchan is turning to shit, we better move somewhere else", and that's how I found this place. It's been months since I set foot here, I only returned when my pal told me about what happened to Liru. Next thing I know, I see this thread in the catalog.
It's always nice to have a stable thread-home while browsing the board, I hope that more players appear eventually. Hell, I'd settle with the lorefags, at least they made the place a bit more lively

It's great that you've managed to leave that place behind.

Same to you. I'll try to get this netplay and port stuff ready to go by tomorrow. I hope everything will turn out right for these threads

CURVE ⑨BALL COMING YOUR WAY!

Heres Cirno!

Fun fact: As I was testing her, she had a good killing spree going. That is, until Marisa killed her and ended it

Looks pretty nice, is it an Unreal Tournament mod? First time here so I have no idea what mods are being currently developed

Yes, its a mod for Unreal Tournament.

Unreal Tournament 2004 to be precise. (Didn't care for 1999, hated III, and I'm not interested in Unreal Engine 4)

Yeah I think I remember playing 2004, but 1999 is the most familiar to me. Still, if I remember correctly all the UTs had gore and dismemberment. What have you done about that?

About the gore and dismemberment? I've turned it off (As much as I like to see heads roll and limbs disappear) because I didn't think it fit with the cast of Touhous and other characters I've collected in the past.

I've been thinking of ways of adding new types of blood like the German censor green or like Serious Sam 3 where you explode into candy or whatever (Even though I have no idea if thats even possible to do in the engine and I'm still a beginner). And I've also thought about replacing the sounds for when the characters die to the same sound for when you get hit in the Shmups rather than the stock woman scream that you will hear on every female character.

Well, you're the boss. I wouldn't mind gibbing a few 2hoes myself, but it's your call. It would be nice if you could implement the 2hu death sound to the game. Well, as long as you make steady progress I'll be cheering from the sidelines.
Speaking of that, I wonder what happened with that guy that wanted to make a 2hu Animal Crossing. I wonder if he managed to finish that game, it was looking pretty cool.

characters in ut2k4 can have custom blood and gore so it should be possible

Its just a personal preference of mine, if you would like to see 2hus bleed, you can turn it on to either reduced gore or crank that dial up to 11, I won't get mad.

Thanks, I will catch some Zs now. See you tomorrow.

Sleep well user, dream of bones

bump

HEEEEEEEERES PATCHY!!!

Looks good

the model itself looks good but there's too much clipping, especially in the third screenshot

I'll see if I can try to fix it but I wouldn't get hopes up because you will see other girls clip

make them explode in 2hu pickups like score cards, they dont have to be functional

More AoE+ - 94.188.40.99:10800

Host is up again!

AND HERE IS SAKUYA, REDONE!

Looks kind of weird in those screenshots. I suppose the animation makes up for that
Good job user

OK FAIRIES! THE FIRST SET OF MODELS FOR UNREAL ARE HERE!!

www54.zippyshare.com/v/PQY6DCL0/file.html

Keep in mind…

There will be some clipping, I'll do my best to repair them in the next revision.
I've included the Quake 3 voicepack because I personally thought none of the voices I had fitted the girls
They do not have custom death or jumping sounds, I still need to find out how I can change them

Here are the characters you can play for now

Reimu (PC-98 & Modern)
Marisa (PC-98 & Modern)
Cirno
Patchouli
Sakuya

Play with them by yourselves or with us, it doesn't matter! If you would like to try your hand at fixing them, I will allow you to do that.

And for those of you who do not have Unreal Tournament 2004, choose from either of those mirrors

mega.nz/#F!O9cmXQIa!MoqBADG069lHc3Hz0FKFiQ

mega.co.nz/#!29dmzSLb!On1dXaM4E6wb6spd1OY4OvdNTE9Ijpv5DLfUwg-4ea8 (Password is "PCGames-Download.NET" if it asks you for one)

I hope it works.

Its because lightning on MMD models make them look like shit.

If you could somehow look up toon shaders for Unreal Tourney 2k4, probably will look fine.

I was waiting for a while to ask this, but if you need coding help, I'm more then happy to help.

I believe its possible to add Toon Shaders since there are models like Yahtzee that have them

I know, I didn't have any other examples on me that used the shader.

I'll need to look around for a tutorial

Very well, coding in Unreal Engine is something I have not really touched upon.

Thanks for taking the time to post a link for the full game too, since I stopped having it ages ago. Congratulations on your progress, I hope you're happy with your contribution as much as I am with new 2hu mods.
Will be testing it shortly

OH, FORGOT TO MENTION A FEW MORE IMPORTANT ITEMS!

You will need the Mega Pack for things like Unreal 1 co-op to work (If its already in there, ignore it)

mega.nz/#!Dkd1ADJY!IlKbavrAw2_q13z1GpGbbC8G6LcVZCDIfu8lM2iEvH8

Patch the game to v3369 (If it has not already)

fileplanet.com/140688/140000/fileinfo/Unreal-Tournament-2004-Patch-v3369

Well shit, I completely forgot about the bandwidth limit…
Guess I'll just have to wait it out

My web browsers keep saying ether fileplanet was reported for being bad, or that the file was not found.

Fileplanet generally works…

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004 WORKS!!!!

IT REALLY WORKS!!!

There's a server up:
94.188.40.99:7777 - UTouhou2k4

Little downloads kept claiming checksum error, trying big one.

Can someone post a complete all in one version of UT2k4 with the mod?

You think this is a game?

You best get out of here white boy be4 i click-clack yo legs

Do it the long way. It's just a bunch of player models.

Well Unreal ran just fine despite me not being able to become a cute 2hu outside of Cirno.

Tomorrow, we'll try the Killing Floor mod. I'll write instructions on installing it soon

moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/downloads

Make sure you grab the one that says '2.52'

What, it's over already?

Where was I supposed to find the room, anyway?

Enter via console command

Putting it on favorites also works

Thanks, now I'll know for tomorrow.

God damn it, just fuck it up

Thanks for reminding me to fix Reimu and Marisa's profile description.

As for why I rolled with 'Race TOUHOU', mainly for sorting reasons (Unless you want it renamed to have Human, Youkai, etc.)

Some things to say

First, if I can find a way of creating a Touhou species file that plays all the sounds that I have made from a package, then you can kiss the default sounds goodbye and have something better!

Its also possible to replace sounds like when you get the quad damage powerup or when you pick up items like adrenaline, health, ammo, or weapons. But the only question is with the limited amount of ripped Touhou sounds, can it work? (And could I make an announcer pack of nothing but Touhou sound effects?)

Then with pic related, I've made custom loading screen backgrounds so that I don't have to see the vanilla shots every time I load or join up a match. If any of you have pictures that you think work great as a loading screen, feel free to post them! I'm sorting the textures by the game in which the Touhou made their debut (For example, TouhouLoadingScreens.SubterraneanAnimism.Utsuho)

I also still need to figure out how to change the blood textures so that they bleed or explode in pickups like mentioned.

two places to look for blood splater effects unside unreal editor.

Inside Pawn.uc, which is basically "the code" for anything player related we get. This function, which pretty much deals anytime you get his. Special note on "spawn some blood" and effects upon death.
function PlayHit(float Damage, Pawn InstigatedBy, vector HitLocation, class damageType, vector Momentum){ local vector BloodOffset, Mo, HitNormal; local class DesiredEffect; local class DesiredEmitter; local PlayerController Hearer; if ( DamageType == None ) return; if ( (Damage DamageType.Default.DamageThreshold) //spawn some blood { HitNormal = Normal(HitLocation - Location); // Play any set effect if ( EffectIsRelevant(Location,true) ) { DesiredEffect = DamageType.static.GetPawnDamageEffect(HitLocation, Damage, Momentum, self, (Level.bDropDetail || Level.DetailMode == DM_Low)); if ( DesiredEffect != None ) { BloodOffset = 0.2 * CollisionRadius * HitNormal; BloodOffset.Z = BloodOffset.Z * 0.5; Mo = Momentum; if ( Mo.Z > 0 ) Mo.Z *= 0.5; spawn(DesiredEffect,self,,HitLocation + BloodOffset, rotator(Mo)); } // Spawn any preset emitter DesiredEmitter = DamageType.Static.GetPawnDamageEmitter(HitLocation, Damage, Momentum, self, (Level.bDropDetail || Level.DetailMode == DM_Low)); if (DesiredEmitter != None) spawn(DesiredEmitter,,,HitLocation+HitNormal, Rotator(HitNormal)); } } if ( Health 0.1 ) { if ( InstigatedBy != None && (DamageType != None) && DamageType.default.bDirectDamage ) Hearer = PlayerController(InstigatedBy.Controller); if ( Hearer != None ) Hearer.bAcuteHearing = true; PlayTakeHit(HitLocation,Damage,damageType); if ( Hearer != None ) Hearer.bAcuteHearing = false; LastPainTime = Level.TimeSeconds; }}

Then inside the bloodsplatterpurple.uc we see.
class BloodSplatterPurple extends xScorch;var texture Splats[3];simulated function PostBeginPlay(){ ProjTexture = splats[Rand(3)]; Super.PostBeginPlay();}defaultproperties{ Splats(0)=Texture'XEffects.BloodSplat1P' Splats(1)=Texture'XEffects.BloodSplat2P' Splats(2)=Texture'XEffects.BloodSplat3P' ProjTexture=Texture'XEffects.BloodSplat1P' FOV=6 bClipStaticMesh=True CullDistance=7000.000000 LifeSpan=5.000000}

I make extra note on BloodSplatterPurple as appose to the other Unreal Script files, "BloodSplat.uc", "BloodSplatter.uc", "BloodSpurt.uc"

because it just out right changes the Effect, or XEffect as it calls it. I'm not familiar with the Unreal Engine, so I have no idea where to find those.

Also, super mad at the fact there doesn't seem to be a way to actually code direct C++, and everything is done through Unreal Script. I also get the weirdest errors when trying to compile in Unreal Editor. I can't seem to find the real SDK for Unreal Tournament 2k4 since I'm sure you could have loaded the code up in the IDE of your choice.

Thank you for the help.

I found it inside by going to the 'Actor class' tab and opening 'Pawn'. I've yet to find a way of changing the script or making one work but I'll mess with it later.

ANYWAYS, HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS TO PLAY KILLING FLOOR!

First things first, if you play Killing Floor in its own folder rather than put the contents inside the Unreal folder, you will not be able to use custom models

DO NOT OVERWRITE THE FOLLOWING FILES BELOW. IF YOU WISH TO OVERWRITE IN HOPES THAT IT WILL BE STABLE, MAKE A BACKUP!

Sounds

2K4MenuSounds.uax
AmbOutide.uax

System

default.ini
DefUser.ini
UT2004.int

Textures
InterfaceContent.utx
2K4Fonts.utx
2K4Menus.utx

THERE MAY ALSO BE A CHANCE YOUR NAME WILL BE CHANGED WHEN WE GO TO THE MENU! IF THAT HAPPENS, OPEN THE CONSOLE, TYPE SETNAME [WHATEVER] AND IT'LL BE RESTORED

Hosting some AoE+2.18
note: it may lag, beware.

186.95.157.173:10800

Is up again! Come join!

Just finished a match, rehosting lobby.

IGNORE PREVIOUS POST

Open this pastebin and in your User.ini file, replace '[Engine.Input]' with whats inside

ghostbin.com/paste/rj8qj

I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY FOUND A WAY OF ADDING TOON SHADERS!!

Do you think the model looks better with it? Should I keep the non-shaded models or should I discard them?

Oh wow, that's cool!

I think it looks better with shaders. It fits the atmosphere of Unreal much more as well.

Forgot to mention they still retain their team colors

I'll add more characters maybe this week

Does the one on the left have a type toon shaders on as well, or is that without lighting effects? If not, they both look great.

No, the left one does not have any shaders, its what came out of the game I extracted.

Thought so, they looked like that in the player pick mode too, but once in game though it changes drastically.

bump

I've decided pics related will be the next set of Touhous to add.

If you want to request a Touhou to be made, go ahead and tell me

If you can tone the shaders down, you should pick the shaded models. As is though, second pic looks like something right out of Borderlands on steroids.

Speaking of maymays, might want to see an in game shot. If it looks anything like ZP, should probably be fine.

Live, damn it.

Live!

bampu

Playan' some AoE 2.18+

Come join!

ANOTHER UPDATE RELATED TO THE TOON LIGHTING!

Choose which one you think will suit all future Touhou models I make.

Looks like we're back online!

Here are some in-game screenshots of the models.

Looking good. Hopefully we can try again soon.

bump

It's time for the best time of day!

AoE 2.18+ 94.188.40.99:10800

Come join us!

Rehostan!

bump

This is my UT upload which contains the patches and the first batch of Touhou models.
mega.nz:/#!LgxTUBIL!4wbVm9S1ItrW0d8WmS7_RUWTRZdtHhDNbSOyNiepGz4

But, if you execute UT2004.exe inside the system folder, it'll whine about not having the CD-key. Normally the installer would add the CD-key to your registry. But the above upload is not an installer. So here's my registry key instead:
mega.nz/#!ywJj0JJI!kHl-b09JRr1lsEMWQa6OnqmcbW5kNXs7MVdujYpfRQc

I'm using a 64-bit version of Windows 7. You might have to edit the registry key to point to where you extracted the UT .rar before you merge it (6th line). Also make a back-up just to be safe because I don't know how different the registry is between the versions of Windows.

If something goes wrong somewhere, leave a post!

*We're definitely gonna play some UT tomorrow. So download it if you want to join in on the fun.

bump

Hosting some AoE2.18

beware, may be laggy

Just finished a match, lobby is up again.

That was absolutely crazy

To host UT2004, first you will want to open ports 7777 and 28902 on your router. Also turn off your PCs firewall.

Run UT2004.exe and click on Host Game. Pick whatever mode/map you want and change settings as you like, when you reach the "Game Rules" tab activate "Advanced Options" near the bottom. After you are done you can make 2 choices to start the server, you either click "Listen" or "Dedicated" .

"Listen" will host the game while you're in the server, "Dedicated" will open up a console and host from there. In the past PCs were worse, some PCs couldn't play and host at the same time. Hence why there are 2 options, 1 which is extremely-lightweight and the other a bit heavier. Neither of these should pose an issue in modern times though. If you pick "Dedicated" keep the console window open and start UT2004.exe again.

Press the tilde button (~) to open up the console. In the console type ""open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7777" where the x's stand for your IP-adres and the 7777 for the port you opened. If you don't know your IP-adres, just go to whatismyip.com/ and find out there. You can Ctrl+v your IP-adres into the console window. Don't bother typing it by hand.

Give the players you're hosting for your IP adres and port as well. They'll need it to connect.

And one extra thing, if you choose "Join Game" at the start screen of UT2004 and switch to the "favorites" tab. You can right-click the background and "Add to favorites" the IP of whoever and connect without bringing up the console.

I'm hosting some on 89.99.155.26:7777 right now. Feel free to join.

Oh I see how it is!
:^)

Anyone up for a 1v1 in Bousyuen?

Sure, want me to host?

71.239.121.92:10800

age of loli boozehounds has a great soundtrack

HOT DAMN UNREAL IS STILL GOOD AFTER 12 YEARS!!!

Wave 15 of our invasion is best record

Hosting some AoE 2.18+!

94.188.40.99:10800

It sure is. Play more again soon.

opps.

Third world Brazilian Internet ruins everything as usual.

Goddamn fucking blackouts man, i could of have gotten you with that counter-offensive i had going. At least we had a nice meatgrinder going.

Which Tewi is more accurate? Left or right?

her ear size varies so wildly, from portrait to sprite to "official" mangos

So I tinkered around with the HUD!

Which one do you prefer? Or which bits of the customized HUD do you prefer? (For instance, the heart over the power icon)

Bump

Ready for battle! Let's play something

Hosting some AoE2.18

is rehosting!

Time to shoot some 2hus in Unreal Tournament!

Come join 94.188.40.99:7777 for some matches!

I'm a sucker for symbol, so the first one. Although Sakuya's pocket watch is a nice timer.

Attempting to try Killing Floor again

Grab it here

mega.nz/#!T55zzTLT!X3ONB7W1XQ78FTPNFX_CsbsT3S7WAeqMfEeeY__elcg

I have a minigun and my aim is worse than someone using a shock rifle

And if the controls don't work, grab the user.ini to that rebinds it for Killing Floor

www72.zippyshare.com/v/qArv7IRc/file.html

If you're ready, try joining 89.99.155.26:7777

We're playing some Killing Floor!

Killing floor was too buggy

Going back to Unreal Tournament!
89.99.155.26:7777

Bousyuen 2.18 1v1

71.239.121.92:10800

NOT ANYMORE!

IT WORKS

This is good news. Next thread when?

Probably tomorrow.

HEADS UP!

IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF KILLING FLOOR: NO BULLSHIT, GET RID OF IT AND USE THIS!

This fixes the invisible zed, different menu, and control errors! It still doesn't grant perks like in Tripwire's game but its still playable!

mega.nz/#!3gwEhaIR!Xi__4iAu0vvor7I0U4MX8YcD7RekTKrrkGs4U9OwSGY