Where's San Andreas Stories?

Where's San Andreas Stories?

Other urls found in this thread:

gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/mods/73304-first-person-v3/
newgrounds.com/portal/view/636785
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who would it star? Caesar? Ryder? That one drugged out asshole who was in two missions?

My problem with Ryders character is unlike Big Smoke he didnt have any hints of turning while Smoke.

so my guess Ryder just went along with Smoke becasue money and drugs.

Caesar is the only bet or maybe CJs brother?

Sweet, or the dead one?

Ryder did just seem like a hanger-on to Smoke's bullshit. He was a twitchy druggie whose character arc consisted of "calls CJ a busta for hours then is revealed to be a busta himself." Though he did rob that army base but the Families never seem to benefit from it.

Wu Zi Mu.

Woozie was great but I'm afraid a blind guy doesn't make for a good protagonist, unless he has psychic powers. Even if he can somehow still race cars and shoot gangsters.

Sweet

I thought the dead one died young?

I don't remember if they ever elaborated on it. I figured he died a few years before the events of SA because that was when CJ left San Andreas. I could easily be wrong, however.

You mean Brian Johnson? his death made CJ leave San Andreas for Liberty City, so I doubt he died young.

I'm not sure. Sweet is actually much more closer to a hero than even CJ and Niko. It'd be pretty hard to make him a protag where you can do a lot of dirty shit.

This, Sweet was pretty serious about staying straight, though maybe Sweet at some point was like a regular thug then probably the death of Brian set him straight.

If I got it correctly, I thought the game or the backstory mentioned that Brian was younger than CJ at the time. They have always been vague about it how Brian died, I thought it was an accident involving a train or something like that.

It's pretty much implied that CJ had something to do with Brian's death, like CJ just got Brian in some trouble, why did you think it was a train accident?

those are PSP ports vice city stories is the most RPG GTA ever got

you run stores and shit.

He was also pretty humble and actually wasn't greedy, proven by the fact that when CJ was a big shot Sweet called him out. He did the crimes just to help their mother with her illness. So him getting rich wouldn't make much sense if his entire motivation is just to make sure she's well and to actually help his neighborhood.

That the mission where Sweet beats some sense into CJ for abandoning the Grove and mother while there childhood home got looted?

Well, Vice city stories starred Vic, which pretty much did it out of being screwed by his superior in the military and so he could send money to his sick brother, then Vance came about and forced him into a lot more shit. Could work for Sweet.

it was called LA noire

Yep. Also, the fact that he buys the same damn car instead of getting a better one.

Yeah, but he always lived in the hood and struggled to get money. GTA is all about reaching the top, with mansions and fast cars. It wouldn't be fun if reaching the top meant just one gang in the ghetto and two houses.

Shit man
Looking back at it now
Sweet seemed like the only good guy.
CJ was just part of his story.

I'd definitely have a game where Sweet was the MC.

Vic fucking dies, and Tony from from Liberty City stories only recovers his job as the Don's right hand after losing it right at the beginning of the game.

Not saying I'm against it, but there's plenty of character and story reasons to where Sweet shouldn't be the protag.

Yeah, and he could still have been a big shot. He wasn't opposed to it. Sweet was, and if he did make money he would just use it for his family and friends not to buy big ass mansions.

And Tony's entire story is within the realm of the GTA structure. Starting from nothing then becoming a someone.

And forgot Claude, he does not really reach the top, he only gets revenge on Catalina and just walks off into the sunset. Claude is my favorite protagonist, mainly because throughout the entire game he is a thug that keeps his head down as he eliminates his enemies one by one.

Oh yeah. He still gets rich, but he doesn't purposely spend it all on big houses and nice cars. That's a good example.

But still, Sweet is so much more of a hero than any protag before that I'm just thinking it might just become jarring.

It's impossible NOT to get rich in 3, you even gain money by bumping into cars.

And yes, Sweet is too much of a nice guy to pull something like that, I'd actually choose Ryder as the protag, and have a dedicated "BUSTA" key.

It'll be like the Scarface or 50 Cent games.

Fill up your super meter by doing drugs and calling everyone bitches.

Also drug collectables that require to dig in other people's backyards. Sadly there are no markers so you gotta spend hours upon hours digging everywhere.

I used a guide for that shit in Vice City. Fuck doing it on my own.

I have only finished GTA4 but it was not a great game. The game play was soso , the world is technically impressive but thats about it. The story makes no sense with the character's actions, like Niko who says he wants to leave crime behind but immediately starts stealing. And even worse when he meets that random rastafarian guy and then starts killing for him within 20 minutes of meeting him for no reason. The fucking worst is that black guy who gets out of prison, you have the option of helping him or betraying him. The game acts like you are making a complex choice and niko speaks like he is tormented for betraying his friend, he talks about him like they were the best of friends when they barely have any scenes together, i swear they have less than 10 minutes scenes. The game is a mess overall l, i didn't like it.

If any of you faggots want to replay san andreas, and I recommend you do because its great, I found a really good first person mod for it. Works with parkour too.
Fuck V.

gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/mods/73304-first-person-v3/

That's fine. I'm actually fine with it compared to V, which was basically reddit tier shit.

FUND IT

Okay, how about Claude as protagonist? I mean he was in San Andreas during the events of well…San Andreas, the game could have him end by the time he meets Catalina and joins the race against CJ, It fits in the character of Claude, since he does not really look for wealth.

What would he even do? Drift from town to town doing odd jobs?

Rob more banks?

I'd really just make an entirely new protag, but don't make him have that much of an impact.

Fuck it, make it Epsilon cultist.

KIFFLOM

I don't know, sweet is still a criminal but he sounds way too good for a GTA game. CJ still had his humanity but he was 100% nigger

If they wanted to do a SA rehash cesar would be perfect, but then unless they make use of modern hardware to make the game better just replay SA.

i'm all in for claude but what would he do in san andreas? if the game took place even earlier than san andreas the game he'd just be a bratty kid.

ultimately i feel like gta has run it's course and rockstar and it's obvious lack of knowing what the fuck they're doing can't improve dma design's IP so the only real way to make something good would be scrapping it and starting a new heavily similar franchise

I still want them to set a GTA in the 70s and just go full jive turkey. It's been a while since I've seen anyone take the piss out of the 70s proper.

70s gta would be amazing

I've semi-purposefully kept myself in the dark about V so far, but I guess it's about as good a time to break the seal as any. What is it about it that makes it Reddit-tier?

I wonder how much a physical copy of a pc gta sa is going to be worth now that they removed some stations in the steam version. also i picked up a really, really, dirty cd of ps2 sa, the back suprisingly isnt that scratched, i hope it works

It focused less on being a game about crime and more about "satirizing" America so it seems way to try hard. Add the fact that the protags and antags are all shit.

And this is why most Americans think GTA is a serious and edgy game

We all know that, dumbass. The problem is the satire stopped being funny or clever, and the games focused more on that instead of being fun to play.

Never played GTA V so I can't agree or disagree on the fun part.

It tried to be the "hip" and "cool" self aware shit this decade has to offer.

It started with 4 though.

Yes, and?

Oh shit, meant to reply to

Even if the SA map wasn't too big for PSP, it was too big for the engine - the PSP-optimized engine used by LCS and VCS was a modified VC engine that can't really support the SA map at all.
Sure there's PC mods that put SA into VC but they only work by hacking the game beyond its limits.

They get pistols and Tec-9's
If you spray everything then they get MP5's and Deagles

Also Ryder was hamfisted to be a bad guy, he wasn't supposed to betray Grove but when the writers realized he wasn't doing anything when CJ left, they opted to make him Smoke's bitch

The Harwood Butchering of '71 fucking asked to become a game.

With how they were trending towards the eighties in III, and then the seventies in VC, you just know they were originally going to make a game where you play as Tommy in his younger days, doing wacky jobs with the heir to the Forelli throne, Sonny.

Unfortunately, R✡'s pussywhipped attitude towards a bunch of angry niggers teed off Mr. Liotta, and then they decided it'd be a good idea to make their next game about youths fighting the good fight against the corrupt police department, rather than a game where you're a shameless criminal, like the last two games in the series.

From there, the series just went to shit.

Couldn't you theoretically cut off 1 island

Why the fuck did these PSP exclusives got PS2 ports? Sort of ruins the point of exclusives. And now companies are doing the same with the Vita. Get it together devs, i like feeling special about the games i own.

The story is a bland disconnected mess, all the characters sucked, and everything's caught up in this narcissistic hipster bullshit. Everything's a cruel twist or a bad dick joke, everything's an overblown and putrid cliche. The game messes up the rhythm of humor and story to create a disgusting, depressing mess.

Not really, what you described is simple backgroud history
But tose types of background stories made Vice City and several other games
That hypothetic 70's sounded more like a game where you control one of the Forelli brothers (they were a bunch and many died) with Tommy being a cameo character or a secondary protagonist
And the Forelli's were flamboyant as fuck, and in 70's New York, the game screamed Disco Style, Pimps and Neon all over the place

Liotta very clearly said he didnt liked the game, he did it for the money
Also Haitians are not human, and Vice City Stories repeated what VC did with the monkeys, except they did it with Mexicans and Colombians

If anything San Andreas has the most savage protag, and the youths were a bunch of shameless criminals who were also sometimes terrorists (attacking military bases TWICE, 2 inside jobs, tortures, burying alive and union breakers)

San Andreas was the best game, bud
And IV had the best engine around

This is what R* did instead of developing a San Andreas Stories to be a prologue.

The psychological effects would explain why CJ has such a hard time following trains.

GTAIV is the worst GTA. The PSP games are the best ones.

Rodney King is the original Dindu Nuffin, but San Andreas is a game where he commits pretty much every crime there is. It would probably trigger the fuck out of SJWs if it were released today.

Shit taste confirmed
Also a memespouter who couldn't follow the damn train

>The PSP Games are the best ones
Fine taste
LCS, VCS and CTW were great

That's not what the perspective of the plot says, dummy. Just because you perceive it as such doesn't change the artist's vision being so shit.

This "preaching" would just exemplify with the later titles. Vic was the worst protagonist, because of this. He went from the hilariously swell businessman you barely meet in Vice City to the whiny bitch who frankly doesn't seem an inch close to being related at all to what he originally was.

With Niko, it only got worse. His character's inconsistent, and his perspective of "the war" sounds like something the most bluepilled faggot on earth would perceive the Yugoslav wars as. It doesn't help that he can't even into Serbian. A total joke, and we're meant to take him seriously for even a moment? Please.

I played the 360 port of the game. It was fucking weird, like they tried to add some fancy new effects that really didn't mix well with the game's old aesthetics at all. At least the textures were at a much higher res.

You've piqued my morbid curiousity. If you can stomach it, can you recount specific examples? I wanna know how deep the rabbit hole goes.

I don't think you get it, user. The game makes the mistake of not restricting you from crime, but justifying it.

From the perspective of the developers, it is a perfectly inoffensive game, unlike Vice City. If it were a real GTA game, you wouldn't be whining about how drugs ruin the neighborhood, and saving the day. You'd just be building a criminal empire, like you did in Vice City, or be a straight up thug on a mission like in III, with zero political charge.

If you want examples look no further than one of the edgiest characters I've seen since DmC, Trevor

Right, and you get to decide what constitutes a 'real' GTA game.

except cj only cares because it affects grove street, he wouldn't give a rats dick about anybody else

There's this thing called "tradition". Respect it, or be the kind of faggot who defends shite series reboots like Fallout 3 and Doom 4, "because he can".

Might as well say The Boss from Saint's Row is a good guy because the game paints him so
The facts are the narrative
The vast majority of soldiers, poor farmer fucks included especially, are the most blue pilled faggots on earth (Niko even has a kebab guy as his best friend in the boat). That's a golden rule, if that weren't the case ISIS wouldn't exist, you'd think an arab would never fight for Israel/USA, but they do
Niko's bi/tripolar attitude is barely explained, but there is, he doesnt know shit about his war because he always escaped reality when it hit his head (hence all the trips, jobs and countries he has visited), and when he wants to finally close the book he gets another hit, he's basically an animal who works on instincts, the same ending tells you that (he was always a butcher, and he's just whiny because he got served with the same medicine)
The same game parodies Niko in a cruel manner

I have a big respect for yugos, but let's be honest, Rockstar picked ANY guy who could blab foreign words, his selling point was the clean vocals with a dinstinct foreign accent (although not serb)
Rockstar didnt mind he didnt speak serb because nobody speaks it outside of a small minority
Same happened in Red Dead Redemption, the main mexicans characters can't speak spanish, they are a bunch of americans who bragged about being latinos but at the end of the day they shat all over the floor, the phrases aren't even well written

Right, we should just disregard something that's better in the name of tradition.

We should go back to cutting out hearts atop monuments and feeding Christians to lions too. That's tradition, we should respect it.

You're the kind of faggot who's actively blinded by nostalgia to such a degree that he can't look at something that tries something different without seething in rage.

You want a GTA that's just like the other GTAs you played because that's what you feel comfortable playing and God help us if a game's narrative takes a slightly different approach over what you expect.

And before you even go there, Fallout 3 and Doom 4 are fucking terrible. So no, I'm not defending them.

SQUEAKY SHOES
SQUEAKY SHOES
SQUEAKY SHOES
SQUEAKY SHOES
SQUEAKY SHOES
SQUEAKY SHOES
SQUEAKY SHOES
SQUEAKY SHOES
SQUEAKY SHOES
SQUEAKY SHOES
SQUEAKY SHOES

What? Guess it depends on what shoes you wear

Read: the territories belonging to Grove Street, which has "anybody else" in it, you mo-ron, and if drugs aren't an issue, why can't you sell them?

ISIS exists because of America, dumbass. Any slav with internet access will tell you that. Niko shouldn't have a kebab friend, in the first place, if he was a real Serb. There are basic slav memes for this shit, and they didn't even start on the internet.
Why should I care about any of that? Don't you realise this is the part that completely alienates him from even the most detailed protagonists in the series?
It writes him like shit, when I just want to play as a criminal, not some "cruel parody" that belongs in what clearly isn't a GTA game. Fuck your art. I wanna blow up a truck using a Spas.

If you want something different, don't go changing what isn't.

I swear, almost every shoe in the game has that squeaky rubbery sound to them.

I didn't say otherwise, retard
That was my point
Dude stop being a retard and get back to Reddit, just because you don't like the intention doesn't mean it doesn't exist
All GTA's maybe except the first one have an intention and ulterior motive, just because you didnt see any until the not subtle IV means you barely breath, let alone grab a controller

Everything. I can't remember a single character that wasn't an overblown asshole, or a single moment where two characters honestly connected and it wasn't played solely for laughs or draped in a dreary, negative overtone. If I had to list a specific example, it'd be the torture mission where they actually allow things to play naturally, and it's a fucked up and effective scene. Then you help the guy you just tortured escape in an orgy of all their cruel and saccharine writing before throwing him out of the story with a "lol fuck you bye".

Then why are you trying to justify Niko's character, when he's basically a big insult to what a proper Serbian character would be, in comparison to Tommy for wops? CJ and Vic are also guilty of this, considering how far they are from being regular nogs, with their far too intelligent attitudes about things.
How does it existing justify anything? I hate the intention, and you're arguing against me for it, not proving the existence of it.
I'm pretty sure III and VC have no deep plot to them. They're pretty straight forward about their pop flick style, which is what the series is about. No deep bullshit.

So… every GTA since Rockstar took over? The britbongs spend each of the games shitting on America because we're better.

Combined with shit graphics even on the PC version, everything feeling horrendously unpolished, non-cutscene dialogue sounding even worse in compression than Far Cry 3 NPCs, terrible controls, and meme gimmick missions, it's a wonder the series ever took off.

The butthurt is real.

Try "Israel", nigger.

And who exactly is Israel's best ally goy?

Hence, America. No telling if Trump'll change this, in the near future.

You niggers have multiple boards for this bullshit.

What a loser

You fucking twit. Check post histories, before you make mistakes like that, again.

That's like enjoying diarrhea.

The post history only shows that he actually wanted to talk about video games and not your Holla Forumsfag autism, faggot.

Kinda hard to not turn thrads into politics when vidya has turn political thanks to identity politics.

'ok'

a lot of people complained about iffy controls and poor battery life, but had trouble faulting the games too heavily.
Cue a port

Nope. That's attentionwhoring.

I honestly was a little surprised Smoke betrayed the grove. Out of all the other members Big Smoke seemed to be the most friendly and accepting of CJ and his return to the grove.
also that cutscene with CJ confronting Smoke made me feel kind of sad knowing Smoke was a really enthusiastic guy who seemed like a good buddy but he changed into a bitter, stone cold, soulless drug dealer.

Except you were just complaining about the lack of vidya, rather than actually doing anything, just like you're doing, right now.

Get good

You can go on date with them

If you actually drove them instead of fast traveling via taxi, they say some deep things. Like how that black dude pretty much was the king of the streets, but when he went to jail, evyone pretty much betrayed him. Or if you got the irish dude drunk, he'll talk about how his dad molested him and his sister.

Honestly I think gta4 had the best characterization. Just about a slav tryining to find the american dream.

I've always seen that fakeness as the games way of pointing out the fakeness of the west in (((Current Year))). Everyone is watching everyone else, social signalling and no one is "real" anymore. Or at least among whites what with everyone kicking you when you're down or knocking you down for the slightest politically incorrect thing.

Except that had nothing to do with his post history, since his post history did all have to do with vidya. BTW, your post right here has nothing to do with vidya either. The options are either ignore you and let you think you're right (the probably better but more difficult decision) or call you a fucking faggot. So I'm calling you a fucking faggot.

Also GTAV was good for bringing the comedy back. IV was a bit too "realistic" and not as fun. I like my GTA being ridiculous. I like Jetpacks and shit.

Said the faggots who has done nothing but post Holla Forums shit itt, fuck off

Except he didn't get any replies, and proceeded to complain, rather than just respond to someone in the thread.

Like I said, complaining doesn't do shit. Just do it.

Back when i played it to get the most conversations i could, the black guy out of jail character is great but his relationship with Niko does make no sense because they dont really know each other but out of nowhere Niko treats him with huge amount of loyalty.

The only one in this thread who gives a fuck about (you)s is you, so here (you) go.

We tried just ignoring faggots injecting politics into shit before. Then they took over halfchan. Fuck off.

To be fair this is the case in a lot of GTA games. When you stop to look at just how much time you spend with various characters it's very little. Most characters only have a few missions and that's it, but by the third or fourth at most you're acting like they're family.

I was discussing the plot of the game, until you came along, and derailed the thread.

Try contributing to the discussion, before you bitch.

Who is "they"?

"I madeit, CJ! I'm a success!"

"When I'm gone, everyone gonna remember my name… Big Smoke."

Stop being a nigger.

See:
Learn to read, faggot.

And you know full well you're the one who derailed the thread, you mongoloid. You're the one not contributing to the discussion at all.

This would be an actual screenshot.

70's San Fierro

Nah, GTA IV sucks. I remember all the bitching and moaning about how the Nico sucked as a protagonist, how the story was trying to ape from whatever popular bleak TV dramas/movies, how there was less to do, there was no way to fly a plane because of muh 9/11, and the driving physics were terrible. This one is more of an opinion that was spouted by underage faggots. Because everyone was expecting to just blaze through by holding the accelerator down and just hand-braking through every turn. It was jarring, but not that bad when you get used to it.

There was a lot wrong with GTA IV that caused it to be viewed as a really weak game especially for a next gen GTA.

And I forgot to mention the lack of variety in the missions.

I'm not convinced Vic actually died. Original Vice City Vic looks/sounds nothing like VCS Vic, who fucked off from Vice City with apparently no intention to keep doing all this fucked up shit.

My theory has always been that Lance hired some chump to pose as his brother to give the illusion that Vic was still in charge of the whole city. Lance had it easy as long as everyone thought his ultimate badass brother was top dog.

There's a game like that already.

newgrounds.com/portal/view/636785

I've been playing it again recently and this user is right.
One of the characters implies CJ was essentially chased out of San Andreas because he had something to do with Brians death, either though an accident or pussying out

You forgot all the cut-out Content SA was supposed to have, on top of the fact that Rider had no cutscene for his boat chase, repeated the same quote over and over, and it was kind of clear he was missing dialouge.

To be honest, all of SA is one big fat commentary on everything wrong with black culture, we've got Crabs in a barrel, (Your fucking brother after everything you fucking did for him) Delusions of granduer (that fucking prisonbait rhymes theif, and Rhyder) Then we we had Smoke who was more or less Uncle Tom but went full circle and realized he could only look out for himself and couldn't ever make a difference no matter what he did or who he cared for so he had to keep a brotha' down and maintain status quo by destroying whatever chances the community had at getting their shit toghter, offering the only alternative to operate under his command, not that he had any control because everything was under tenpenny's direction, who made Smoke understand he only had the choice to work under him through intimidation and acceptance drilled into him by how much Smoke benefitted from Tenpenny's operations, a classic example of a slave/master relationship, Tenpenny was that kind of Black born with the Uncle Tom sense of things, but a sense of sel-loathing because he knows niggers gonna nig and no degree of self improvement was ever gonna fix it.

CJ had the right Idea, get the fuck out, and that's what he did, sure he nigged his way outta there, but he still got out and made something out of it, then his brother dragged him back in where the whole cycle repeated itself.

Nigga gonna nig till they feel hard love of the master's whip, I guess, Tenpenny was a classic ass mercenary cold-ass nigga, Smoke was the Uncle ben fatass run the tribe shaman nigga who got a taste of the modern world he couldn't deny or flush out, and CJ stuck in the middle of it al, his brother the kind of nigga who'd be a Black panther thinking he had something that was less than anything at best.

woah it's like doom3

Even then it would have required them to port part of a map backwards to an older iteration of an engine. Of course I don't have any official info on this so I'm just speculating from an attempted dev's standpoint.
VCS was pretty impressive in how they were able to independently add some SA features to the engine.

Probably didn't get made due to the limitations of the PSP, or underwhelming sales due to easy piracy.

It really didn't. Prequels are never good.