Vivendi grabs Gameloft in hostile takeover; Ubisoft may be next

Media conglomerate Vivendi appears to have its eye on the game holdings of the Guillemot family of France. It apparently has succeeded in a hostile takeover of mobile game developer Gameloft and is likely switching its attention back to Ubisoft.

In a letter to Gameloft employees (via Gamasutra), Vivendi said that the workers would be joining their media group "shortly," likely signaling that all the major groundwork is done and that all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed. The company purchased more than 30 percent of the Gameloft stock in February, and apparently was able to convince more shareholders to sell at an inflated 8 Euros per share price. Amber Capital, which owns another 14.6 percent of Gameloft's stock, reportedly is backing the takeover.

please use archive.is/article/94968/vivendi-grabs-gameloft-in-hostile-takeover-ubisoft-may-be-next

Please leave, newfag.

wow, you goons have invaded this board too? Back to /int/

I aint clicking that shit. Also, that's not Kek.

Actually article was from shacknews, a site I don't mind giving traffic to because they are not part of the journocabal plaguing the industry. Which is why I didn't archive it.

Nice try though

Isn't Ubisoft so scared to where they practically went to Trudeau for help?

What is Trudeau gonna do? Virtue signal for help?

Why is the Canadian government such a joke?

Apparently he wants other people to invest into Ubisoft or something.

I guess because we want to try and be part of the rest of the world like our neighbor America instead of do our own thing.

yeah, they actually went to Trudeau for help

But, as shitty as Ubisoft is when it comes to jewing players… vivendi is waaaay way way way worse. They'll drive all the Ubi IPs into the ground with modern-day equivalents of ET.

This might actually be the signalling of the AAA crash that's long overdue.

If Ubisoft games somehow end up worse then they are, I'll be shocked.

That's still not Kek.

You should've kept doing your own thing.

What is this from?

Shacknews is an SJW site. Fuck you.

proof?

What are you so butthurt about? Thread required an image, picked something randomly out of my saved folder. Topic is Ubi acquisition by Vivendi

Trust me they will be

I'm about as butthurt as the deity in your OP is Kek.

But how?They're already at the point when if they got any worse, even normalfags wouldn't want them

MMMMMHH

Canada doesn't even have a "thing" though. we're just kinda there

You used to be the goofy, overly polite guys that keep mooses as pets. You had a thing.

Who is Vivendi exactly?
Who is Gameloft?
Frogs eating up other frogs, gotcha.

Jews, marxists, and progressives have been hard at work destroying your national identity so you have less attachment to your homeland and feel like exactly what you posted.

Dyed hair, muslim refugees and bankruptcy is the thing now. It's hip, it's CoRal.

If Trump wins, all the conservatives in Canada should move to US and all the libshits in US should move to Canada like they threaten to. It's a win-win for both sides.

I doubt the games themselves will get as bad as the marketing and generally fiscal responsibility behind them will.

as bad as ET was, it can be excused based on the fact it was made in 6 weeks. now, the idea of making more copies than available 2600's WORLWIDE was something some consciously came up with, presented to a board, and got okayed.

She wasnt human anyway, just like her mother.
Best father, for doing a late abortion by applying a .308 into her.
learn to google

you're just further proving his point, go and astay go

this is horrifying, this is nothing to kek over

by being more of a jewish megacorp. imagine if warner bros bought ea

Gameloft also makes shitty freemium games.

I don't feel bad for Ubisoft or Gameloft…because I'll still see some shitty games and sleazy practices from Vivendi-Ubi/Gameloft.

asphalt is pretty fun, at least the android ones

Kuk (also spelled as Kek or Keku) is the deification of the primordial concept of darkness in ancient Egyptian religion. In the Ogdoad cosmogony, his name meant darkness. As a concept, Kuk was viewed as androgynous, his female form being known as Kauket (also spelled as Keket), which is simply the female form of the word Kuk.[1]

Like all four dualistic concepts in the Ogdoad, Kuk's male form was depicted as a frog, or as a frog-headed man, and the female form as a snake, or a snake-headed woman. As a symbol of darkness, Kuk also represented obscurity and the unknown, and thus chaos. Also, Kuk was seen as that which occurred before light, thus was known as the bringer-in of light. The other members of the Ogdoad are Nu and Naunet, Amun and Amaunet, Huh and Hauhet.

What else is new?

Oh man it's the homer spammer again

Yes, this is so fucking good.holy shit. Based Vivend. Dissolve ubisoft iin a pit of acid. Remove cancer.

I cried at this part. I know she wasn't technically a full-blooded human, she was half.

I guess I hated more the fact that she had to die rather then her actual dying. Not to mention that was his OWN child too.

Ilya a cute. I'd give her hugs and cook her breakfast and send her off to school like a good daughterfu.

Absolutely disgusting.

Can they jews touch nippon?

They are all already driven to the ground

Lets name some ubisoft IPs that havne't gone to complete shit

….

Okay lets be fair, how about some that aren't being milked for money, or aren't fat marketing cash cows?

How would we even tell the difference?

user, Vivendi was such a shitty parent company that Kotick at Activision bought their way out from under them.

Think about that for a moment.

If Ubi gets bought, they're fucked. The head of Vivendi (Francois Bollard or something) will buy and sabotage companies out of spite. No joke.

So Vivendi took the money from the ActiBlizz buyout to continue the cycle of buying companies and forcing them to buy their freedom once again.

Vivendi doesn't own ActiBlizz anymore, user; Kotick bought back their soul a few years ago when they realized that Vivendi would drive them out of business through their own stupidity.

Except Ubi doesn't have the cash or the ability to generate the cash to stave off a Vivendi acquisition.

Not unless some billionaire decides to save them out of the goodness of their heart or something. Which won't happen.

Before ActiBlizz bought their freedom, Vivendi was supposedly attempting to sell it but they were asking for too much. It was probably an empty gesture, I'm not a jew so I don't know the game plans.

Good. Ubisoft should have died off a LONG time ago.

With all the bullshit that's come from Ubisoft in the last 5+ years. Good. Fuck them. Normally I'm all for more competition and would never wish for the doom of a company but seriously, fuck them. Rayman is the only good thing they've done in recent memory and because the last 2 releases sold so poorly, according to ubishit, I doubt we'll see another sequel any time soon.

Kotick might be a scumbag, but he's a goddamn good businessman. If ActiBlizz went to the effort of buying themselves back, it was for a damn good reason.

Remember Resi 6, user? How it was worked on by nearly 1000 people spread across tons of different offices? Remember how it was a huge clusterfuck of a game and didn't make any cash back for Capcom?

Ubisoft does that with each of their games and somehow doesn't understand that it's bad for business.

Never forget what a shitshow Watch Dogs was.

friendly reminder that all AAA publishers are cancer no matter what

Why do companies even go public with shares and such?

I hear nothing but shit like this where they lose decision making power over their own shit due to this.

Ubisoft made money off of Watch Dogs. There's going to be a sequel that will be more of the same

Fuck this place.

Uh, user, did you read the VN?

Oh my God I actually winced

That's a LN though. I don't remember the VN mentioning her 'death' at all, but I did marathon it over a weekend and only did the first route because the entire thing is incredibly boring to sit through for 72 hours to read and process everything. All I know is she's alive and sadistic.

he didn't even need to read the VM it was obvious that ilya isn't ilya

Based Vivendi burning down the industry.

I don't think people realize the implications of this:

First Gameloft, and now Ubisoft. Vivendi is starting to buy up EVERYTHING now. AGAIN. This means that any and all vidya companies are in danger now. And considering Videndi make both SoJ and Konami COMBINED look like competent geniuses in comparison with managing anything, this is horrifying in terms of what could happen soon to a LOT of companies. In other words, Vivendi is trying to become the new EA.

Don't know about that, vivendi Universal managed to churn out some decent games.

It's the circle of lazy devs, commercials and money!
And possibly life too.

Vivendi would need a fuckload of cash to buy Activision or EA, but I could see them swooping in if, for example, either of them have a few bad years and get weakened.

What kind of fag feeds life prey to their pets?

Fags who want their pets to live a good life and not be complete pussies.
Also: people who own anything that feeds on insects or mice. Instead of buying a bunch of dead mice/rats to keep your animals fed, you can just keep a cage of them for a few months at a time and have the freshest meat available.
Ofcourse you usually kill them before giving them to your pet by snapping their neck, but what difference does it make?

You're a fucking retard.

I didn't realize turtles could fuck shit up like this.

What is the problem?

Turtles are nice, but they get really old and may not be the best idea for a pet.

Sorry I guess. I thought it was some extension of Holla Forums's horseshit about soy and GMOs.

Yeah I know someone with one and he just wants it to die already.

Good. All I want is for these publishers to drive themselves into the dirt.

Nah, they'll bite your finger if you give them the chance.

Nah nigger. Keep them fed, brush their shell, don't annoy them and turtles will be bro tier animals.

in fairness, companies bitching to the federal government is pretty common these days in canada

telus, one of the telecom giants in canada, ran a wah wah poor me campaign a couple years ago because an american company wanted to start offering services up here. rogers and bell, their "competition" joined in and they succeeded in scaring the american company away, partly due to the fact that they were running nationwide ads about how unfair it was for a company to just come up here and start offering the services at an actually affordable rate

so here we are, with three big guys running the entire industry into the ground. i'll just be over here with my $115 a month internet bill for a 100mbps service that still requires i hard reset the router anytime i want to upload a video to youtube or something yes I mad

sell more gold
oh wait