T
H
R
E
A
D

Shit post meant for

Good.

I'm currently playing trough the first and second encounter. I haven't heard a lot of good things about 2. Should i skip ss2 and go straight to ss3?

Isn't this game some lame ass call of duty shooter?

Why would anyone be expecting some stupid shit like that? Just get CoD.

2 is great, but the setting and humor are… not the best.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

this is the only game I'm looking forward to

I now have a reason to be excited for E3.

I hope I can run it on my toaster

Serious Sam has such wacky character design, but the gameplay is repeatitive grog of shit that doesn't support the narrative. I think they should take a lesson or two from Undertale. That game showed how you can use the bullet hell -like mechanics in a substantial way.

Serious Sam 4 now on PS4 & Xbox One

One of the programmers is borderline autistic, so you'll probably be able to run it in a calculator.

They got Serious Sam 3 BFE running on Android phones.

If your PC is weaker than a phone I just feel sorry for you.

Serious Sam 4 now available exclusively on the Windows 10 store

Just don't
It's fucking awful

Is the original voice actor a fat guy?

Devolver is one of the best publishers out there tbh. It almost makes me want to pay for their games, almost.

No

2 does themed levels great and the humor is painfully cheesy. Which I like

totally serious

This is how I can tell the devs have passion for this shit.

Serious sam sucks

(USER WAS SAMMED FOR THIS POST)

SS2 is the black sheep of the family. It's not… bad. It goes in a very different direction though, for better and worse, especially visually. Think of it as a spinoff.

Oh yes, more 10+ player chaotic coop.
At least we still have one dev we can trust.

What a fag

I'll say that 2 is worth a play. I found the first couple of levels for the most part to be shit, but I stuck through and it got better.

Biggest problem with 2 is that it is lolsorandum XD: the video game. You go from TFE and TSE where its about a light hearted guy wielding silly amounts of weaponry fighting an army to save his species and planet to 2's just constant stream of toilet humour, slapstick and corny jokes, nearly all of which fall flat.

I enjoyed Serious Sam 2 and I'm certain a lot of the people that hated it dropped it on the first level (which was admittedly fucking awful).
Kleer world, Siriusopolis and the dragon level were all damn fun.
Yeah it was certainly less good than 1st and 2nd Encounter, but it was not nearly as awful as people say
Also parrot bomb best weapon

www.please use archive.is/serious4samis
archive.is/a1Ykb

Are you serious m8

the music is really good, too.

What is the link supposed to point to?

BASED MODS

SERIOUS mods

Something he wished was funny.

Text isn't red enough to be legitimate ban message.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS REDTEXT)

This is seriously the best news I've heard all day

Serious Sam 2 is not serious enough imo.

Eh, I got tricked. It was still funny though.

I feel Serious Sam is best played co-op.

I don't have as much fun by myself.

is there any game where this isn't the case?

Last E3 I really wanted to see Serious Sam 4, but I knew it wouldn't happen.
Now it actually is happening.

Another interesting combo.

Stop. We can't let this get out of hand like with the Quark thread.

Just doing another one of these.

:]

Did somebody say Quark?

Haven't laughed so fucking hard since that day

I predict SS4 to be way better now that they have actual budget. SS3 was pretty much a huge damage control after their CoD clone dissolved, which were forced to do because SS2 was such mediocre.

And it's going to be a proper prequel game. Croteam also wants to remake Serious Sam 2 into something more in line with other games after SS4 gets released.

Dubs of truth

It's like the weird spin-off of the series.

What is up with all the newfags, holy fucking shit.
Is there a mass banning on halfchan or something?

Take your pick. In any case, it's not worthing getting angry over.

Man, I was almost beginning to enjoy BFE again, but then I played through TFE before finishing it. There's really so much bullshit that you can forget and overlook if you don't have a close enough comparison in recent memory. It's not all bad, but there's a lot.
I don't completely hate it, but it constantly pokes at my autism.

It still dont know how it manages to beat NuDoom, but it does.

Super news ! Go croteam ! Serious Sam is the true saviour of fps. Watch their latest interview (I embedded it so many times in different threads.. just go to YouTube and search for croteam interview) it will blow away all your worries. if what they say is true it will blow the nuDoom out of fucking town.

About serious Sam 2… I've beaten tfe and tse on serious difficulty, now I'm trying serious Sam 2. I didn't finish the first world yet, but I find it much harder.

This game has way too many turret sections.

With 4, I'd prefer the traditional placement of items again. In TFE & TSE when I ran to the far corner of a room there would usually be an item there to pick up, In BFE, there was usually nothing. In TFE & TSE there were far more "trap" items that spawned loads of enemies. I would pick them up just so I could fight more enemies. In BFE, they hardly did that at all. I wouldn't mind seeing vehicles again like in Serious Sam 2, but a lot of people didn't like that one. I thought it was an interesting change & it had far more variety. I didn't care for the flashlight tag shit in BFE, but I doubt they'll do away with it in 4.

They also need another good fight song for 4. BFE was the weakest in the series IMO (still decent), but at least had a good fight song.

Thread theme.

You know what I'd love? A mod to remove Kleers from TSE. Holy shit they're everywhere and they're not even satisfying to kill.

Thats true, Id rather they changed the design so they had meat in them.

Posting another good fight song from 3

Or an excessive amount of bone marrow.

I prefer lost souls in OG Doom over Kleers.

There's no removing kleers from Serious Sam, there too much a staple of the series. The only way of removal you should talk about is as in kebab removal.

Learn to enjoy the pain.

Thats the point, give them the same movement and patterns, add some meat, let them drop bones, chunks and blood when killed and then call them kleers.
Then change the lore a bit it saying its clones of the original race to stop Sam.

Kleers with meat is heresy user.

I don't think it's harder so much as they just fucked up the balance. the lower difficulties are easier than the first game but the higher ones are harder.

you're basically talking about pumpkin dudes from TSE

All SS2 needs to be fully enjoyable is to skip every single cutscene, add a sound mod so the guns sound like GUNS and not wet fireworks and pretend the first 3 levels never happened

I know its a staple, but for fucks sake, they have a budget now.

serious sam was never good, im serious

What does budget have to do with anything? Kleers are skeletons, why the hell would they ever have meat? They should make them rattle harder and make them explode into HD boney gibs instead

well fuck user, look what you gon did.

Probably one of the few good upcoming western games

==ARE YOU SERIOUS==?!

How dare you label based slav devs "western".

Yes please.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
It will be better than doom 4

We should play a serious sam game

Is it me or is Serious Sam 1 and having a good time on Serious difficulty only possible if you find a ton of secrets on the early levels? I feel like the fire power you're provided with is pretty bad unless you find secrets containing weapons that you normally wouldn't get until later in the game. I don't really like that. Am I wrong or what?

Its because in terms of modding, you can do more shit on Serious Engine 3 than you can with Snapmap (Seriously, a room limit, demon limit, 64 revenents, 12 spawn at a time? That shit doesn't happen on Serious Engine)

NuDoom has shit tons of modern game design hidden behind shallow barely fleshed out oldschool mechanics, its pretty shit.
The worst part is the game is designed around the glory kills and that just ruins it.
All this unlike Serious Sam that still kept its core design even if it barely improved and downgraded.

Im sure Bethesda paid a shitton of people to shill this shit, Ive seen it on jewtube channels that barely touch the subject of video games and even people that are too much of pussies to touch it in the first place.
Everyone was shitting on it and then suddently everyone was praising even before the Nvidia conference.

Barely anyone talks about its flaws, its unreal.

that's how secrets work in classic shooters. you can find yourself a rocket launcher at the first level of doom2

in serious sam 3 there are two weapons that are exclusive to secret locations in the main campaign and can't be found otherwise

Assuming you actually played it, I'd love to hear why.

They give you buckets of ammo and health and the item drops are spread nonsensically aside from the secrets.
The chainsaw is litteraly a Glory Kill with limited ammo which gives you more ammo for other weapon types.
If an enemy is stunned it will get back unless you shoot him again pr glory kill him.
Guess which one doesnt waste ammo, or worse yet, gives ammo.

Except you're forgetting that in Doom, you weren't completely fucked without the secret weapons. Also the Doom 2 rocket launcher is useless until you get more ammo for it. Which appears in later levels.

What difficulty were you playing on?

I think beating Serious Sam on Serious Difficulty without any secrets could be a great challenge on its own. In the very first level you can pick up rocket launcher and 30 rockets + double barrel shotgun. Especially the later is helpful, but not necessary. You must however get the tommygun in second level. Also in the level that shows you can find the cannon.

Yeah. I went through the whole damn game without finding those.

holy shit, that was intense

FUCK NO

croteam.com/serious-sam-4-cancelled/

You are an asshole.

Ultra Nightmare

I knew that was going to happen. In the whole game they devs are clearly fucking with you. They knew he would try that & probably hoped he would so they could let the kleers pile up & fuck him good.

That's why TFE & TSE are fucking excellent. There's a sense of anticipation, thinking "What are they going to throw at me next?" or "I know that little pill is going to spawn something & I have to know what happens." It's like the trickster god Loki himself is watching over you & he always delivers.

I really hope Sam 4 recaptures this spirit.

If this one takes place in Egypt again I'm gonna kill myself.

it needs to take place immediately where 2 left off.

Capped, you stream that shit

it won't, it will be the prequel to BFE set in France

(read - they won't touch SS2 lore with a kilometer long stick until they make a SS2HD and fix the game)

What a wonderful feeling. I'm so glad that I was wrong, and discovered something good. Still, why so many SS-clones (aside of Painkiller) suck so much.

In Serious Sam, you have this huge open arena with tons of enemies of many different types with different abilities and a huge arsenal of many different weapons to deal with the problem. Sometimes
In SS clones, they often shrink the arena size, the amount of enemies, and a whole lot of things get shrunk for a gameplay formula that's all about being huge. And you end up with a fucking abortion. SS works because SS has a huge scale. Hard Reset and SW13 are inferior in this aspect because the formula they went with doesn't really work in smaller levels. Instead they should've went with Doom/Quake-style level design if they weren't planning to go big. If you go big, go Serious. If you go compact, go Quake/Doom. Serious Sam wouldn't work in Doom levels, or vice versa.

Considering how in the chronological timeline of Serious Sam the art style got cartoonier and cartoonier, I'd imagine the sequel to SS2 being anime-styled. I read somewhere they will remake SS2 with the classic SS style and just write off classic SS2 as a Mental-induced dream, though I'm not able to sauce that.

Oh boy can't wait to get stabbed in the back by a fast enemy that spawned directly behind me :^)

those games do not resemble serious sam in any way. SS is pure gameplay with straightforward mechanics while hard reset and shadow warrior are riddled with gimmicks for the sake of having gimmicks

the closest modern games to classic games we used to play are Painkiller HD, Serious Sam 3 and Rise of the Triad

Maybe because they are Painkiller clones and not Serious Sam clones. The closest thing there is to a SS clone is the EDF series and even that is a stretch.

This!

We should play some Serious Sam one day.

Optimally I'd like to marathon the whole series with you nignogs

I just beat SS 2013 yesterday. I thought it was pretty okay. I didn't like the boss fights though.

SS3's only real problem was that the "let's make fun of Cawadooty shooters" theme in the early levels went on way too long.

Once it breaks out of that and just gets Serious it becomes a lot more enjoyable.

Still probably not as good as First and Second Encounter though, but certainly good for a few co-op sessions.

I just started TFE, never played a Serious Sam game before. It's quite fun, although the enemy respawns can be pretty bullshit at times.

I genuinely don't find SS an amazing game in itself, but I'm really impressed by the engine. It looks decent and it can do loads of enemies at the time while most other 3D engines struggle to run more than five enemies at the same time.

SJW push it to all Top 10s now, eventually crowning it the best of NuGaming.

But don't be really surprised. Many of these actual faggots, are 4cucks who grew up with elitism and are now conditioned to a Reddit-like consensus system.

Good thing we don't have a consensus system here so we can just agree to disagree, eh, comrade?

You're not picking up those lonesome health pills are you?

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MYBOARD TUMBLRCUCK
YOU DONT BELONG HERE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRMEME
FUCK OFF TUMBLRMEME
FUCK OFF TUMBLRMEME
FUCK OFF TUMBLRMEME
FUCK OFF TUMBLRMEME
FUCK OFF TUMBLRMEME
FUCK OFF TUMBLRMEME
FUCK OFF TUMBLRMEME
FUCK OFF TUMBLRMEME
FUCK OFF TUMBLRMEME
FUCK OFF TUMBLRMEME

Literally 6/10 its pretty charming

Can you fucking read, mate?

Oh boy can't wait to get stabbed in the back by a fast enemy that spawned directly behind me :^)

Fuck off Elog.

I SMELL MEMEGAMES

All I can smell is summer

Huh, I didn't know that would happen. I always jump back across that pit, but I guess I never just let them pile up at the edge long enough to trigger the bridge.

Also, you don't have to rocket jump across. Thanks to Sam's ability to turn mid-jump, you can barely make it across by hugging the pillars on the sides.

I really like how the Serious Sam series has consistently delivered oldschool FPS style high-speed battles between you and dozens if not much more monsters of all shapes and sizes at once. It's what I've always followed it for, and I hope part 4 keeps giving us. Especially since basically no other games are any more.

With that said, I'm not so big on how it basically functions like an oldschool FPS in every other way though. There's some aspects of that game design I wouldn't mind the series finally leaving behind.

They need to make your movement speed faster while changing the stats/attack patterns to fit with that change.

What would you leave behind? I'd change the level design. Less running forward, more verticality. Since Titanfall that's been a buzzword, but hear me out. Instead forward, why not battle upwards the mountain, to higher arenas in a medieval castle etc. Bring back jetpacks for intricate 3D locations where different levels lower or increase your running speed and you can't stay in air the whole time. Maybe make one or two levels in the game loop itself back to same rooms, but with completely different enemy and ammo placement.

If they make Serious Sam 5 in space, then bring back gravity shenanigans and add large enemies which generate their own gravity so you can jump on them and use them as a surface.

Yes. With miniguns. Proof of concept already exists in those few The Second Encounter rooms. And it was great.

Crysis 2 actually started this whole trend after Crytek successfully made the whole vertical thing and ledge grabs work in a multiplayer console game.

I've never really liked the old hotbar/number bar/whatever you call it equipment system that basically all FPS games have used since FPS was invented. Don't like it in Serious Sam, didn't like it the first time I ever played Doom, etc. I have never liked it in any game ever.

Also, call me crazy, but I think Serious Sam is the most fun when you're tactically using the best gun for that exact situation you're in that moment, and worrying about ammo gets in the way of that. Instead of some guns being just plain superior to others but "balanced" by limited ammo, I'd rather see universal ammo used so you can just focus on using the right gun for the situation.

Also, and this isn't just a Serious Sam complaint at all, but it has always bugged me how shooters tend to give you "refill" points where they basically top off your health/armor/ammo etc. Regardless of whether you limped in barely or came in doing great, you walk out at 200/200 or whatever the max health and armor are. I think that if you managed to do well earlier, that should stack with what the "refill" areas give you. So in other words, loosen the caps for health/armor and ammo so you're better off for rolling in to a resupply area in good shape already instead of it basically just resetting you to full regardless of previous performance.

there's also a survival map in serious sam revolution where you fight on a small planet with low gravity

>>>/out/

You are crazy

we're drifting away not only from serious sam but from a classic shooter in general with each of your "improvement" suggestions

if you couldn't predict there might a wave of kleers coming around and wasted all your cannon ammo on harpies or something then it's your problem. try to get by with rockets and grenades if you haven't "tactically" wasted them yet on a "right" situation too

DOOM
DESYNC
SERIOUSSAM4
STRAFE
SHADOWWARRIOR2

Looks like FPS is back, baby.

Why even live?

Get fucked

Are you trying to force a joke or something, they are nothing alike, fuckoff with your bait.

(^: The army Sam works for is called the EDF

They've always been connected.

What are you talking about?

you switched your quotes dumbfuck

Sam minus time device would be just a generic mook AI soldier from EDF game, given that regular enemy size in EDF 2025 is more or less the size of serious sam enemies with the most health and the most punch

How fucking new are you?

Ops

You're very angry when you're drunk. Go to bed.

I know and it hurts. I just wanna run around blowing up huge cities and thousands of kleers while carriers drop in kamikazes and shit and biomechs stomp around blasting everything.
I was really disappointed about how the carrier fight was a one-time thing in BFE when it was by far one of the best moments in the entire game.

You fight hundreds/thousands of enemies at once in large levels with crazy weapons, the enemy design is focused on having challenging compositions and placements of extremely simple enemies rather than complex AI, and they are both about defending Earth/Humanity from an alien invasion that just keeps getting more and more absurd as things go on. The carrier fight in BFE was straight up EDF gameplay in every way.

Its morning and Im not a drunkard
NuDoom is pure trash, shame on you for even listing it

-The enemy patterns aside from the flying ones are useless to remember.
-Dodging is not required in all situations
-Classes
-Shooting at everything isntead of prioritizing your targets
-Vehicles
-Enemy drops
Just because they are both about crowd control doesnf meab thet are the same game fuckoff with your derailing bait retard.

I spell it D44M and pronounce it as "deform".

See

>>>/cuckchan/

YES.

YES.

YES.

Those are great fucking news. I already thought that the series is dead.

When the fuck did I say they were the same?
also >not remembering patterns for all the mechanical enemies that could easily fuck your shit up
Also, how the fuck is it derailing bait? an opinion you don't agree with isn't bait, saying Serious Sam is a shitty overrated game inferior to Call of Duty is bait.

mediocre game that apologists defend because it's slightly less shit than the garbage polluting the FPS genre currently
LOL SO RETRO XDDD indie titles, have yet to prove they're actually worth shit
read: NuDoom

Get some fucking taste and stop heralding overhyped shit that isn't even released as a "return to FPS"

To be honest the last 3 actually look interesting

shield bearers are nonissue unless they defend underground entrances. a retarius will usually be busy with AI npcs so you can just deal with other creatures first unless you're alone

Why is it that in a game where you fight with magic, it's okay for all magic attacks to use varying amounts of the universal "ammunition" of MP/mana/whatever, but in games with guns, universal ammo is objectively bad in every possible design scenario ever? If someone made an FPS with magic doing the exact same thing guns do, would you demand the shotgun style spell must require different magic points than the rocket launcher-ish spell?

Can you really point to a game design reason aside from tradition that different guns must use different ammo?

As I said, I like, and always have liked, fighting lots of enemies at once in first person, other aspects of the oldschool classic FPS design canon, not so much.

In my imagined universal ammo scenario, the cannon would obviously have a HUGE ammo cost so you wouldn't default to it. Or alternately and preferably, the weapon system would be redesigned from the ground up so all weapons are balanced and none are just plain stronger, just better or worse for different situations. This isn't about using the strongest gun all the time, it's that I've never liked having to switch from gun A to gun B simply because A is empty and B is leaving ammo behind. If the entire game is designed around different guns being better or worse for different enemy types and situations, then switching simply due to ammo regulation just gets in the way of that design goal.

I dunno, what if the guns were divided into tiers and each tier had its own ammo? Would that be acceptable? That way the best guns have their own ammo, but you wouldn't have to switch just for ammo regulation quite as much.

Ladies and gentlemen… the game you've all been waiting for…
TALOS.
PRINCIPLE.
TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Because most devs are fucking retards
Universal ammo is boring shit

I think the oldschool fans will lynch them if they pull that off.

There's also the fact that shield bears will double up to protect eachother and greatly boost the shield radius of protected shield bears, and will move with and shield dropships and artillery. Playing solo they arent to big of an issue since you will be forced to move inside of them to destroy them, but in co-op taking them out so allies with stronger long range or air raid attacks can fight is a top priority. Retairius is more of the opposite like you said in that they can fuck you if you are alone, but even with allies it is possible to get blindsided by one and that can easily get you killed by other things, keeping track of where they are and when they will attack is important regardless though so you can time your rolls to evade.

Hexen and Ziggurat might interest you then as they use something similar to universal ammo, with mana types for each weapon group and some weapons that use multiple mana types at once. Hard Reset also does only two types of ammo that is shared among all sub-weapons, but I would not recommend it unless you really like dystopian noir settings and small scale arena fights.

its shit
indieshit
could be good
indieshit, confirmed to have procedural levels, misses the point entirely.
can't have the humor of the original because muh political correctness, focuses on melee for some reason, level design might be shit, lukewarm at best.

And here we have a perfect example of the Quake Purist, who will literally go to his grave never enjoying an FPS again.

BTW level design is overrated. Combat is king.

Ten years ago, when it had already been out forever mind you, the average fag was not fucking talking about system shock. They didn't know it existed. They might have known about Deus Ex.

So yeah, to see it on a list with blunderfail strongly indicates someone is just trying to fit in and doesn't know shit from shit.

You forgot john romero's blackroom

I forgot that was even being made.

I really hope they change it up quite a bit. I'm tired of the same fucking game every time, and the same rehashed enemies.

First off, the weapons gotta go. They can keep one or two but we need a whole new lineup of stuff, ideally more creative stuff this time, because most weapons are boring as shit. Painkiller did this well, not many weapons but all of them had very interesting effects/modes.

Enemies need to have something else to them. Most enemies are not creative at all and you just need to put as much lead into them as you can. Again Painkiller did this decently, vast majority were still about shooting them but they had interesting quirks and characteristics.

pic unrelated

Got source, big boy?

If you played the new Shadow Warrior, you'd know there are lines from the original game which are modified because DATS RAYCISS.

You're not welcome here Toddler

They removed the Asian steriotypes because muh racism.
You can find it with a quick google search

You don't even know what you want. Let the big boys handle the game design, cheers noob.

Reported

Shows just how out of touch they are, since SS2 is the only good game in the series.

Oh never mind, I was thinking of Shadow Warrior (2013) when you said 'original'. Thought they made even more changes to shadow warrior 2 this time…

Nonetheless it was the gameplay that I cared about in the reboot so I didn't pay attention to the jokes that much. They were alright though

Go fellate your shitty consolized Painkiller with modern design Bethcuck

Its still pop culture heavy like it should be

I'm not sure which is going to be more disappointing. Cliffy's new game, or John Romero's new game.

It's obvious you've spent way too long being upset at people that are enjoying a decent game. Too bias to have an opinion on the topic. See yourself out of the thread, cheers noob.

DOOM isn't anything like Painkiller though lmaow

Cliffy B has gender neutral bathrooms so its already GOTY for me

Get the fuck out of here

Futa bathrooms.

Can't even respond properly! Poor guy, Holla Forums broke you.

kill yourself fag

Maybe watch some more game design vids on Youtube there, champ. Seeya in a year when you realize DOOM's great and your memories of Quake are overrated.

I first played and finished Quake in 2010

Fucking, cant wait to see a trailer and a gameplay video or two. Its being a long time since SS3 and DLC got released. Lets hope they will kept the Vulkan support. And looks like its wont recycle modern shooter shit, like in SS3 as said by Croteam, but i will wait for the videos.

After the successful kickstarter i was expecting it to be self published. But will it still run like shit and have actual effort into the map generation ?

Lets see if there is something new about it.

Dont have a single idea about it.

Hopefully more like TSE and less like BTFE

I recently beat Quake again and I've realized it's kind of bad.

Typical morrowindfag, unable to tell good from shit.

What are you implying, faggot?

Is that your game? I remember someone posting shots of this months ago and gave that guy feedback. I like how it looks now, except the "scan line" post process is ugly and I think the art style would work well on its own merits, without a cheap trick like that.

I hope you weren't playing on easy mode user, SS gives you half the ammo per pickup on that difficulty. That could be why you were out of ammo all the time
SS uses shared ammo for some guns. The tommygun and minigun, for example. If the game used universal ammo you would be helpless if you ran out, but a few guns sharing ammo brings some of the advantages of universal ammo.

Okay, so does anybody think the game will look good or not?
SS3 was good, even if the first hour or two was shit.

Of the clones, I liked Will Rock, was pretty fun for a free game that came with PC

Will probably look like a more detailed Talos Principle, which is pretty good.

Will. Slav magic.

Oh, I don't mean graphically, I mean will it look like a good game?

1. I don't really have to care about your opinion.
2. This isn't a place where people need to agree, yet we can be civil about it.
3. Considering your aggressive tone in your writing, I suspect that you might be a social justice warrior of sorts yourself, comrade.

Poor Tim Curry :_;

How new are you?

I think it does. Unwritten rules that don't get enforced in cummunication tend to get ignored, especially when newblood-ratio gets higher over time.

Hi newfag

its hardly the only FPS i've ever enjoyed

you think the area in which the game takes place doesn't matter?

most of these devs can't figure that out either

the attitude of the modern video game industry everyone

they're incapable of doing that

is that how the devs learned? no wonder FPSes are in a rut

it'll be forgotten by then

What rules are you talking about? Freedom (to say whatever you want) is literally the absence of rules.

I wonder if anyone's going to back him once he gets that demo ready.

Do you believe, Holla Forums?

I've stopped believing long time ago.

More like

That game is the number 1 hope right now but we have yet to see any proof that they actually employ the personnel needed to get a game made.

I believe hes going to show unfinished pre alpha gameplay and destroy the mental image everybody already has, killing the KikeKikestarter for good.

Even he does succeed, good for him, Ill give it a buyrate and see if he did good.
Anythings better than NuDoom at this point.

Would Serious Sam really work with vertical combat?
I'd love to see more vertical combat, but most of the enemies are designed to fight on a horizontal plane while you are hovering in the air with your jetpack like a giggling retard. The jetpack could have limited fuel and only keep you in the air for so long, and becomes dangerous to use if you land right in the middle of a pack of enemies. Though that begs the question why'd you use a jetpack in the first place.

Just noticed…

Does anyone have a archive to the quark thread?

I hope they find a good middle ground between seriousness and silly.

They went from pretty good in TFE and TSE, to stupid silly in SS2, to stupid serious in SS3.

shouldn't it be AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR?

I had the screencaps of that glorious moment and many other until my HDD fried, I still cry when I remember it to this day

Why does no one take advantage of it? Is there something that makes it difficult to work in or something?

There used to be non-Sam games made in Serious Engine, but most of them were forgettable or trash

You answered the question yourself, why would people use it when most retards are too busy trying to make cinematic games?

A-Anyone?

These are soaps

I always hated how ignored this one goes, when it's a remarkably good entry (far better than SS2) and added tons of cool shit that should have stayed on the rest of the series
Plus the levels were all fun (this series needed an Ancient Rome level so bad) and even the vehicles were fun and to this day I just don't get WHY THE FUCK WAS THIS CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE?
FUCKING CROTEAM PORT THIS TO PC ALREADY

That's because it's on a console. Supposedly some Russians are porting it, but there's been no news for a year.

The gameplay is fine you faggot, the only reason why it feels repetitive is the lack of variation in level themes, not the gameplay itself.