This released a horrible, unplayable, buggy mess that magazines still gave a 9/10

This released a horrible, unplayable, buggy mess that magazines still gave a 9/10.

How is it after patches?

Other urls found in this thread:

worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/drivergate/drivergate.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Driver > Driver 2 > rest of the series
GTA>Driver

Only played the ps2 version and I agree its horrible. I can only remember playing it on the Nice map with cheats to unlock the insane citizens, and kept finding areas where you fall through the map. Deserved a 2/10 at the most.

That's because magazines were paid off, nothing changes.

True Crime: LA was better made.

And more importantly, it was fun!

The game is shit.
But I remember enjoying it like a madman, mostly with my little cousin doing stupid shit and recording and editing the replay to make little stupid movies.

Good times.

The main story is horrible. The CGI cutscenes have not aged well. However there is some solid gameplay in there, buy it/pirate it only for the free roaming mode, its not worth playing it for anything else.

From playing both the PC version and the PS2 version, I can say that without a doubt the PC version has less glitches and problems overall. If you're a graphics whore it also plays at stupidly high resolutions too.

This game lacked budget, big time. Atari was on the verge of bankruptcy again and the devs were only given 30 million bucks for both development and advertising. That is absolutely not enough for this ambitious game. All the budget went to the cutting edge physics and the cutscenes, which are arguably the best cutscenes ever appeared in video game, script-wise and cinematography-wise.

Even with it's huge and gaping flaws, it's still an incredible game with a lot of heart and effort put into it. No dev today has such dedication.

But that's wrong. Driver: You are The Wheelman is better than any GTA ever made.

This is wrong too. Driver 2 suffered from shitty graphics, bad framerate, and lazy level design. Driver SF is superior to Driver 2.

They were well directed though. Those are some of the best cinematography I've ever seen in a video game. The slow panning, the music, the atmosphere, it's just great.

I meant the series as a whole. If you want an openworld driving/tps, any GTA is better then anything after the first driver.

San Francisco was better than 2
1 had a very good execution, can't top that

Nah, any Driver still has better police chase than any GTA, maybe excluding IV if the cop car spawning wasn't so fucked.

Apart from the few that are top down, most are third person.

If you want to nitpick, the 1st driver didn't let you get out of your car and 2nd wasn't a shooter.

Fun fact: PSM2 and Xbox World, two magazines that gave Driv3r a 9/10 score, were both owned by Future and when people complained on Future's forums they had managed to delete everything related to the scandal that occurred.
worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/drivergate/drivergate.htm

It was one of the first major advertising/review scandals as Atari paid off magazines with by buying a good reviews.

Driv3r fucking sucked, there's nothing incredible about it

It's 10/10 and critics all followed the low review a website gave to make reviewing as a whole seem credible. The one who gave that low score found it difficult, where it's difficulty was perfect, do well or fail. Kane and Lynch was similarly excellent and received similar treatment. Low and behold the same worthless parasite.

Probably what happened to Waterworld, which I remember liking.

Critics have nothing to do with games. Scores are irrelevant. Either you want to play something, and your interest will get the best out of it and you'll likely come away with a good experience, or you'll play something not knowing what to expect and be inpressed or dislike it.

3rd option is fill your head with what scum paid to act like they are part of a scene say. If you choose option 3 you don't care about games at all.

It's been a nuisance for years in people looking for a social scene to be a part of repeating the drivel from critics.

Have your own experiences. Rather hear them and your immagination than some quote. Passing on stupidity does you no credit. When people leave due the abundance of degenerates you may as well…

Being stupid is all you student scum are out for anyway.

What happened/s is an attention seeking parasite puts out a stupid review blaming a game for his deficiency. Sceners ie students repeat that in numbers to be in a position they wont be attacked, fitting in, just only with other parasites, may even enjoy some pretend victory in more numbers disagreeing with real thoughts. What i'm seeing here now. Scum not realising by their forfieture of self they exclude themselves from any consideration.

There's a hint here and there. Board owner saying cops should be called sets him as a nothing. Animu: Nothing. Easy to see scum.

Critics don't disagree with common opinion. It's a cycle of shit. All the money seeking and power seeking scum propagate what is prevalent, their own passed on wastes of time and space. Some critics look to gain fame and position being the first to start that wave of shit.

Useless fucking students. If anything good ever comes out of one you can be sure it didn't come from them.

COMMUNIST GANGSTER COMPUTER GOD

Didn't IGN give this game something like 9.5/10, kicking off a HUGE scandal at the time and giving a glimpse into the shit that GG would touch almost a decade later?

Was this post written by a script?

I enjoyed it on the original XBOX. Driver always had great fmvs. Usuallyva bad thing they are so well done put together they fit right into good movies in the same genre of living free.

A lot of style, all the way through. If only hardware was good enough to use the fmv assets. Chopped down for pitiful hardware they still layout cities as they are to the ones making the games, other worlds.

Given enough performance and time the devs could only preserve the potential which is their presence. Cities are going somewhere and if you're there you're on that way. The times were good, everywhere would take you to another chapter in your life.

This was the chapters in Tanners where things were getting interesting. From starting out, knowing nothing but sensitive to the traces of places, motels and carparks, to a home for a new generation, this was his life having chosen it.

There was a sense of having accomplished sonething, Tanner and the designers of this new game in Tandem. A shared bond. The start was a monent apart, to be over too soon known during it. Time to look around, move on by choice. Perfect. Time given to enjoy this moment that will be where a part of the player is forever.

It gets better, the tone jumps around. A new city offers a different kind of feeling of progression. The price of having good things, knowing you can't keep them. Moving on while they are interesting is more true to them. Keep enjoying life.

Rockstar is unable to connect with much less capture what matters. A few times they did right, Canis Canem Edit, the first 15 or so min of Red Dead Redemption. And i've only seen video of Manhunt 2 but that perhaps too. Giving up and settling for parody, parody first and aiming to make moments cliche. Rockstar are scum. Driv3r sadly was the last effort by reflections to be life.

Wide Tent or Quincunx Supersampling along with CRT shaders or scanline generators may get the visuals close enough to the Xbox version to relay the feel for the time.

Shooting was never good for it but the running around was essential. Something that makes all racers, no matter how good looking, deficient. Priject Gotham Racing 4 for the 360 if a freeroamibg city explorer would have dazzled people beyond belief. The latest Driver like the one before it was a step backwards. No matter how detailed the city, somehow not being able to get out of a car and go in buildings, see it intimately, makes it all seem the same. Nothing to appreciate. No places of interest.

Driver may be a series that has standards too high for the times to reproduce. If such would be done, resolutions would have to be low to get CG video assets in game. Gunplay something like Dead Space, Double Agent, or RE4. Close and dramatic. Nothing fast. All purposefull.

One of the few if not only good cops out there. Doing what he is. The story more on the side of there being characters in a world that has some too. Wheeling and dealing, going along to larger problems.

The movies set the imagination to do the work hardware couldn't.

I hired it. For several weeks.

When I played it I was super fit, and that makes everything seem better.

You need a high opinion of yourself for games to be accnowledged deserving of your company. Need taste, and luck.

You can pick something that looks good and have that be good after a while. You just know what is good.

A short while. Or always. The thing that could stop that is reviews.

You're not out to find problems. You're out for perfection.

What is wrong or missing is your turn.

What the fuck is going on with this thread?

This thread is going places.

I bought the PS2 version. It's not the XBOX version.

I thought the PS2 version of Resident Evil 4 was the best. Disregarding better controls, at the expense of the lazer.

Also bought it for PC. The PC version wasn't as good either.

The XBOX was a great console, pity Geurilla sold out to Sony. Killzone was great only hindered by cutscenes, ending and framerate. With a larger fanbase maybe it would have had more of the same in the sequels. Go for realism in future worlds rather than halo colours and pannic.

Good games can become bad games on the wrong platform.

What the fuck

What the hell is going on here?

That game really had a nice style, it was like being in a silly kung-fu themed b-movie, with Max Payne-like shooting and fun arcadey driving, i also liked that you could unlock better pistols, cars, shooting and driving techniques by doing trials. I also liked the level design, even if i can't say if the level with zombies and dragon was a nice touch or a bit off, but thankgod it wasn't the last level.
Reviews kept me away from the New York game, how did they managed to fuck it up so bad other than having game breaking bugs?

Is that you, Martin Edmondson?

Go back to bed, grandpa.