Weapons you love in games

What caliber do you think this is?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DRXq5l7Gm-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cylinder looks fairly small. Probably your basic .357 magnum, yeah?

I love FISTS
I love any game where i can PUNCH SHIT
I also love FIST WEAPONS

I like bolt action weapons. I especially like it when they excel in range, damage, and accuracy.

For some reason, I've noticed that the MP40 is a great gun no matter what game it's in.

One of the greatest fuckups going from borderlands to memelands 2 was reducing revolvers to a jakobs brand pistols.

That and making them also shit.

one of the best guns ever, mine only had 2 shots though before I had to reload.

G36c/k. Its usually shit but i fucking love this gun.

every weapon in this game, especially the shredder. skip to 5 mins in because embeds don't work with timecodes.

I have that black game cartridge sitting a few feet away from me.

you could also have a HD remake if they follow up on their promise.

Nothing like a good old 12 gauge.

the m1 garand from bad company 2.
I would wreck everything with that, at close range you just unload like a madman and at long range it was the only weapon that had no bullet dropoff but was still pinpoint accurate.
Does anyone know if theres one in the newer battlefields? I miss it.

The Flak Cannon from the UT series.
It's a great gun in the cramped close quarters that make up most small arenas. And being able to turn a guy into shredded pork is fucking great.
About the only downside is it doesn't mutilate people more.

You could have at least posted a 12g that wasn't retarded as fuck. The 500 "cruiser" has no reason to exist.

stop

I fucking LOVE SHOTGUNS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Shotgun Depezador

That shotgun in particular brings me good memories of playing STALKER. Yes, it's low level and eventually I had to stop using it. But during the early part of the game it was so damn reliable. It was also the first time I'd seen an over/under double barrel shotgun.

Best weapon in Verdun. Set it up overwatching an area and nothing's getting past while your ammo lasts.

I've been playing a bit of Overwatch and I can't stop playing Roadhog. I mean, a shotgun that has a long-range shot is fucking sick
The hook>headshot>melee combo is fucking terrifying

People are gonna shitpost you for posting this, but i agree.
It's the most satisfying gun in the game, it's essentially a sawed off shotgun flak cannon hybrid.
The reloading animation where you just shove a random amount of metal into it without giving a fuck is amazing.

This one was in Wolfenstein

HH

LMGs; most games don't get them right, but the ones that do make them my favorite weapon class.

I hated Borderlands 2 so goddamn much. BL1 had potential and was probably an accident by Gearbox, but Borderlands 2 and PS squandered it all.

It's probably not helped by the fact that basically every other gun in the game feels and sounds like a nerf gun, whereas this is a handheld flak cannon.

Lobbing dynamite around in Blood is great. More games should have explosives this useful and fun.

Battle rifles. Or just rifles really. But not sniper rifles. Anything that shoots slow but hard as fuck.

A nice, classic feel of a flamethrower.

Everyone tend to stick to either the Storm Tornado (for the sheer power), the missiles (for the homing) or the classic X-Buster (because it works on everything), but I always go back to this.

Bonus points for it actually working like you'd expect a flamethrower to work in vidya (smaller or longer flame depending of the side you shoot while on cart, no flames under water).

Junkrat's gun is pretty great too, I really like how the cap on the barrel moves when you jump.

twin wraith vipers from warframe
these pistols have a nice compact design And are characterized by a fast fire rate that still handles well from mid to short range.

I would have loved to see these things in a better game, the idea of a smg that loses ammo at a rate where it's close to being a single shot shotgun is really fun.

Games need more lever-guns. Fucking smexy is what they are. Shame that besides fallout and Killing floor and some wildwest games they are pretty much as rare as a unicorn

There's a very effective lever gun that when fully upgraded looks similiar to the one on the left in the FO4 far harbor dlc

They're heavy as fuck and ridiculously impractical for their performance.

Man, that and the spray can were my favourite weapons, even if it was kinda not useful.

Really, all the weapons in Blood were awesome.

Nigger is you for real? Lever guns are by far lighter than convertional guns. A level guns 3 pounds lighter than an ar on a comparable caliber.
What do you mean by impractical?
The fact that you cant unload 600 round a min sure because otherwise they are low maintenance, highly reliable and with new advancements in ammunition technology they rival 30.06 in performance. You nignorant thats what.

I know but it dont hold a candle to the medicine stick from FNV

Heavy? nigger my Winchester 94 is 6.1 lbs… thats lighter than your AK ( 6.8lbs) or AR (7.74lbs) and thats unloaded not to mention those are their weights sans the tacticool BS everyone slaps on 'em.

ummm wut? no need for magazines, large caliber, reliable action… are you stupid?
they perform amazingly for their intended purpose. they are great brush guns/truck guns

are they good for Muh Combat Operations? no, but thats not what they are made for.

thats like getting mad at a car because its a shitty submarine.

Any game with nice miniguns you can actually use more than just one or 2 segment where there's waves and waves of enemies coming towards you?

Were they even good in EYE? I remember first time playing with a heavy armored minigun guy and it was shit though mostly because i started with that and couldnt hit a barn or enemies at all+slow as fuck due to lowish strength.

Nearly 2lbs heavier than my AKM, less accurate (2moa vs 1.5moa), shit sights, shit capacity, .357 more than twice as expensive as 7.62x39.

It's nice to look at, that's it.

The heavy bolter in space marine feels pretty good.

Mows down greenskins just fine in exterminatus.

GP37 from STALKER.
It's like a surgeon's scalpel, but a gun.

.357 vs 762 Soviet

Can you be any more intellectually disingenuous?
You are comparing pistol to a rifle round. Try 338 or 308 marlin express for comparable ballistics you tit

This thing right here. I loved predicting where the enemy was going to go and landing direct hits.

Are you retarded?

ajj fucking lmao

Enjoy that nigger-tier "quality", poorfag.

I actually played Space Marine just a few days ago, got bit stale on the end but the guns sure didnt lack that something to make them pretty neat though my favorite was that fast firing "uzi" whatever it's name was that went to the slot for shotguns and similar weapons.

Just cant beat spray'n pray playstyle.

nice try though.

Oh Yeah, AK stlye sights!
WORLD FUCKING RENOWN FOR BEING GOOD!!!

kek

WOW a gun i didnt mention is heavier than your gun, that must make you correct
Note user, i mentioned my W94, which is STILL lighter than your AKM

One that's overhyped. Much like it's base game overwatch.

I was specifically comparing a gun I own to another gun I own you illiterate poorfag.

There is literally nothing wrong with AK sights, and I guarantee my dakm4150 shits all over every gun you own.

I cant make out anything from those memetic ebonics you are spouting.

1200 dollary doos aint fucking cheap. So I aint no poorfag. Yeah they dont make em liek they used to but fuck I can still pop a buck at 400 yards

yeah when people start comparing rifle rounds to pistol calibers, you know it can only go downhill, best to leave these "operators" be lest they beat us up with systema and sub-moa AK's from a 1000yds away

You could always just eat a bullet :)

Oh my.

Way ahead of you 'fam'

If twisting facts and being a nignorant ebocnics spouting lout if winning an argument then go for gold

at what pint did i get btfo'd?
when i proved there are lighter lever guns than some non SPB guns, or when i was right about the use of lever action?
or when you "specifically" compare guns you own? which you at no point mentioned a comparison of until after the fact?

you have yet to prove me wrong.
your argument is mediocre at best, when comparing apples to oranges on an issue that is about 2 factors weight and performance of a gun,
NOT is this the best gun ever. no one brought in your shitty AK, simply stating that there are guns lighter (while there are heavier true, there are also whale AK's in the 9lbs range)
i suggest 1. you learn to read and understand WHAT it is thats being said,
and 2. Kill yourself.

Moving the goalposts isn't going to win you the argument, poorfag. Feel free to try again :^)

lel nigger i spent more on guns that you've spent on nigger hookers on craigslist.
also not poorfag in that i can afford a gun to serve a specific purpose and not trying to make one gun do everything becuase basically, im not a retard
unlike you buying an AK off armslist and living in my parents basement shitposting.

we didnt move the goalposts, you're just the retard playing soccer with a basketball

You must be fucking pissed to be projecting this hard. Thanks for the giggle.

is that the best you've got?

Posting smug chinese cartoons betrays your asshurt. The only way to win is to stop posting :^)

Sure the Hand Cannon completely brakes the game, but you still need to earn it first.

And Personally I find the P.R.L. 412 way less fun to use.

lol ill post all fucking day user, not much you can do to stop me.

what the fuck are you people even arguing about
i don't understand

i think the original point is lost.
Basically someone said lever guns are shit.
we argued in favor,
some other anons argued against.
now were all the worse for it.

If you weren't thoroughly triggered, you wouldn't be responding to the same post multiple times in a fit of blind fury.

Honestly, your level of commitment to being objectively wrong in every way is rare outside of BB threads.

Just you wait. If it goes on long enough we might see it devolve from a /k/ argument to a Holla Forums one

arent you just as autistic then? i mean you're still here.
still correct about the intial weight argument.

But you're not, I was specifically making a comparison between guns I actually own, not theoretical guns that you don't own and will never own go post some pictures of your daddy's guns :^).

Possibly even moreso. If I wasn't autistic as fuck I'd be doing something productive instead of shitposting on an obscure imageboard.

It's called a Storm Bolter you heretic.

lol the typical "i have guns you dont!" argument now typical /k/
trying to invalidate any attempt to prove other wise

lol are you that mad that Jamal left when you were 3?
dont hate the rest of us for having two parents lol

you're right, im going to go enjoy my two parents now

have fun with your AKM, and complete lack of a functional family

Revolvers are rarely shit, which makes me happy.
And lever guns are fucking trash because you can't use them efficiently in urban combat and while prone

Lever actions are awesome aesthetically but leave a lot to be desired in terms of genuine functionality in reality.

Seeing how videogames are rarely realistic in regards to that sort of thing, however, they're still fucking awesome.

I like shotguns in vidya a lot but they're always fucking gimped to be ineffective beyond like a foot in front of you.

uhh no

you specifically stated that in general lever guns are heavy

then you backpeddled to say only a specific lever gun you own is heavy

i hope you don't post on /k/

hey we lost your banking info, can you remind us so we can pay you 10 cents for this post

Five out of seven
would buy one

Genuinely one of the worst guns ever made.

Honestly the best pdw ever made

Storm bolter or uzi or whatever is fine as long as you can use it to mow down Orks and Chaos scum you stick up the ass pleb.

Fucking hell forgot image.

You can make the same argument about revolvers that they are not as practical as many modern guns.

Why are they so perfect?

they saw how WW1 played out and wanted to make weapons that would last long in isolated, shitty conditions like trenches.

So many things to choose from..
I'd say swords (if said sword has a board to go with it), muskets, lever-action rifles, and guns that have a ton of dakka.

If it was Stefan it would have be a 15 paragraph essay and so convoluted that even tl;dr wouldn't do it justice

Any game with caster guns?

Tf2

Maces where it's at, nothing better than to crush the skulls and shields of your enemies with precise brute force than being pansy ass faggot waving some picksticker around.

Also fuck axes, axes are for faggots. All they do is get stuck on enemies or their shields.

Its a shotty not a raifu

You'd be much better off using a Krinkov or 12 gauge SBS

Aren't they releasing the second one on steam soon? I know they released the first one.

One of my favorite weapons in the game.

this fucking gun.

Comrade yes. Who wouldn't want a gun that shoots black holes at people?

All of the weapons in Ninja Gaiden 2 are really fucking good, but I've got to say the scythe is definitely my favourite

From a gameplay perspective you need to have some benefit to bolt action. Otherwise there's no point in having them. Same reason shotguns have ridiculous spread and short range.

Shit was so OP it wasn't in MP till the 4th game.

I'm also quite fond of the needler due to how it actually feels like an alien weapon that's almost nothing like human guns in how it operates or functions

God I love this thing. I love any weapon that is so mechanically simple that two hundred years in the future there will still be people using them, and this gun checks all those boxes.

Sadly I can only think of two games that have it; Rising Storm and Killing Floor 2

i played through the games twice saving as much money as i could to get the infinite rocket launcher, killed villagers two feet infront of me by firing behind them, my accuracy rating went to shit but it was worth it.

CoD2 and CoD5 have the Trench Gun.

FEAR's shotgun makes me rock hard when I use it.

I wish the SPAS wasn't so awful in other games.

No, but I'd consider stealing one for a project if it suits my needs.

Fully upgraded Kobracon Sniper rifle from blood dragon.

Video is a visual representation of what it does.

I didn't like the Kobracon or the shotgun but the pistol and rifle were baller

Would be nice to see vidya with AK-12 and its LMG variant, AA-12 with drum mag, KS-23 to blast shit to bits, a Colt Coonan and PTRS-41.
And shotguns shouldnt without shit range for arbitrary reasons, unless the ammo is shitty and the barrel is short as fuck.

Pump/bolt action versus semi-auto/full-auto should be used to bring variety x progression x pricing into the game, instead of flat out replacement.

Any nig-nog can swing a club.
Sword takes skill.

which one? the AMR? yeah, it is pretty fast, but it's just semi-auto and takes only 2 headshots to kill

Shotgun
Doom. Yes.
Boomstick

Id happily trade my pad, my komputah and two fertile women for an AK, even a shitty chinese knockoff 74.

throw in me mums cooking and we are golden nigger, t. Kraut

thats Tet iirc, shamefur dispray

kek

Shotguns and lever-guns like this user said I loved using it in kf. There was this free to play game called crossfire I used to play, that game had one of those too called winchester. It was basically like the counter strike scout but with crosshair.

Well the general idea is weapons that kill in 2 shots unless you are lucky and hit a hs. The point of this is that they are risky to use. If you miss, your enemy has a chance to kill you.

Basically like instagib in ut.

Bolters in Dawn of War 2 make the best sound ever.

I love pistol for some reason but they are usually shit.
Is there any game with good pistols?

css ?

M'glaive

The support pistol from Neotokyo: it was so much fun getting one of these tossed to you by your support ally so you could go out and pop heads with it.

dark souls 3 has some weapons which are just pure sex.

mein negers

Blood weapons are absolutely fantastic. Sawn-off has got to be my favorite tho. Dynamite is great too when you get the hang of it. Pitchfork is just badass. Sawn-off in DemonSteele is great too.

You're not wrong.

heh

The most underrated, yet most satisfying.

Surprised no one posted it.

Mah nigga. Beowulf and Gilgamesh were my favorites from DMC3 and 4.

Play Trailblazer. Like Blood, it has remote-detonating bombs.

youtube.com/watch?v=DRXq5l7Gm-Q

Just remember watching this thing in action when I was in High School.
Very loud, high damage, very satisfying, even if Halo was shit.
Shit range, but it was loud as fuck and made AT that much more fun to play

I see you are an user of discerning tastes

The revolver in OP's pic is undoubtedly a fictional round that's between the .44 magnum and the .500 S&W and more towards the latter on the spectrum of power.

As for me: I think all weapons are beautiful in their own right but I have a soft spot for machine pistols, the Skorpion vz. 61 in particular. Criminally underrated in every game it's in from Goldeneye to Call of Duty 4.