Give me one good reason why we shouldn't take Sm4sh and make a Project M 2.0, and why a Smash 4+ or a Melee 2...

Give me one good reason why we shouldn't take Sm4sh and make a Project M 2.0, and why a Smash 4+ or a Melee 2.0 would be a good thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/7y617f6pnr6qe31/homebrew2.0.zip
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/339579978/#q339582586
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/339579978/#q339584019
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/arz35Hz0Dym3HTa4pZPY6g/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why can't you Smashfags just play the damn game? Why do we need an endless array of mods to make it "more competitive"? Just fucking play the game. What's that, the game sucks? Go play a different game then, when even bother trying to fix stupid? Why not make your own game and take 100% of the credit, you don't have to adhere to the base game engine limitations and you don't look like an asshole begging for problems to fix.

Because the game isn't fucking fun.

You're asking me to play a shitty fucking game that I don't like but it's not fucking fun.

Fuck you for shitting on me for wanting games to be more fun and better when your alternative is "You don't want better games??? Fuck You! Go play older games!!"

What, you want me to play these shitty old outdated titles that will get boring eventually because it doesn't have high definition grafix, advanced technology, advanced AI, and superior everything???

"Fuck you for wanting better games!"

No, Fuck you for making games worse. Kill yourself you fucking ruiner of fun.

Also, if making a game was so easy, I'd have fucking done it by now you worthless shithead.
Everyone would. In fact, because of how easy it was, it'd be SO unimpressive when I do make it that nobody would play it!

Any jackass can go into FL Studio and make vaporwave or some shit, does that mean their music is great and worth listening to for the rest of time?? No!

People loved Project M because it was a technical anomaly and exceptional with how it was theoretically impossible to make, and in addition to that, it was a FUN GAME that had ADVANCED AI and over 40 CHARACTERS AND 70 STAGES and HAS THE FAST-PACED GAMEPLAY OF MELEE because that GAMEPLAY is FUN

F U N

-→ FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN ←-

AND SO

PROJECT M WAS FUN

AND EVERYONE WHO PLAYED IT, LIKED IT

THE END.

DONE, GREAT GAME.

NOW SM4SH COMES OUT, PEOPLE MOVE ON, BUT IT'S LESS FUN, BUT IT'S ALSO TECHNICALLY SUPERIOR BECAUSE HD GRAFIX AND ALL THAT SHIT. WHO WOULDN'T PLAY THE LATEST, IMPRESSIVE GAME? PEOPLE WHO ARE SMART, THAT'S WHAT. AND YOU KNOW WHAT? MOST PEOPLE AREN'T SMART.

SO AGAIN, FUCK YOU FOR WANTING WORSE GAMES IN YOUR FUTURISTIC TECHNICALLY SUPERIOR ENGINES

Because it will continue the cancerous smash community to fester.

People want to fight as Nintendo characters, in a game thats actually fun. Recent smash games dont quite deliver on that

Because Sakurai a shit

The only thing I'd prefer as far as physics goes would be Melee's handling of aerial momentum but otherwise Sm4sh's physics are perfect, tech isn't a necessity especially with how heavily tied to the buggy physics engine almost all of Melee's tech is

I sincerely doubt you could add entire new game modes to Sm4sh without making the game's code totally unrecognizable, like 75% of that list is totally wishful thinking

Settle down there spergmo, we get it you like Project M project m was a total novelty but nothing to really get excited about, I laughed my fucking ass off at the ugly Melee skins for several characters like Ganondorf and Fox

Everything okay user?

Honestly I wouldn't mind if all of smash died.

Meleefags are obnoxious, delusional, and complete assholes. They refused to help PM when it was at it's lowest, despite the fact that PM is the reason it's alive. Meleefags are simply manipulative assholes who betray the people that help them.

Sm4sh and Brawl players like shit games and then act like they like god-tier games, they're stubborn and pretentious. Nobody likes being around them and they often smell like shit.

N64 players are, again, pretentious, acting like because they aren't meleefags/sm4shfags, they're automatically god-tier people. They're assholes.

ProjectMfags are a bunch of spineless cucks who let their developers push them around and let everyone abuse them while their game slowly dies.

Smash deserves to either die in a nuclear holocaust, or everyone move on to some sort of PM 2.0.

This is what they said about brawl tho

Was anything actually added to Brawl or was it just "a new way to play" like the physics changes applying to SSE and such? I honestly don't keep track of this stuff.

Yes, the physics changes applied to SSE making the PM version of SSE the far superior version to play through. In addition to that, there were new game modes, new movesets, debug mode created specifically for the game, custom skins/custom music, more balanced stages (up to 70), new characters (mewtwo and roy), balanced gameplay, brawl/melee tech, HD graphics for dolphin, and PM versions of the movesets were god-tier.

Essentially, Project M already has everything checked off on that list. A Project M 2.0 would just have things like a PM-ified Ryu and what not.

I don't know the detailed differences between these mods beyond that chart, and I don't care. I just want Snake back.

Because Melee Autists are the pinnacle of cancer in the Smash fandom (I'd dare say even in the Nintendo fandom in general), and the last thing we need is pandering to that cancer with yet another "Make this Smash like muh Maylay" mod because they aren't already content with playing Melee for fifteen years and constantly hogging a spot at EVO every year; they have to assimilate and replace any future Smash installments too.

OP, you are cancer.

I'm glad PM set an example, now no sane developer is going to waste their time heavily modding the game and expect it to have a competitive scene.

>>>/jew/

What exactly makes Brawl and Sm4sh shitty? I hear Melee fags say it's shit, and the only thing they ever repeat is "slipping" and "floaty" and that's about it.

Sm4sh is shitty for basically every reason in the OP. It has slow-paced gameplay, no tech, and while those things don't matter to people who aren't good at videogames, it makes the game literally unplayable.

Think of it this way: Imagine learning to play a game with the usual up-down-left-right keys, but then imagine removing the right key.

That's what it's like playing melee to sm4sh. Wavedashing/L-canceling is so natural to them that without it, it's just not fun and unplayable.

It doesn't play like Maylay therefore it's bad.

Remember how Street Fighter III was hated when it first came out for being different from Street Fighter II? Exactly.

Street Fighter 3 added features.

Sm4sh/Brawl removed them.

Also Street Fighter III is garbage, everyone loves Third Strike/Second Impact.

Depending on how malleable the engine is it might not be possible. In Brawl modding you couldn't add projectiles to characters, limiting the potential for new characters. It's the reason why Sami was going to be a Snake clone in PM as opposed to an original character.

they added and then removed tripping

ooh i didnt know that. now why can you add entire characters but not projectiles?

Hmm, your opinion doesn't matter much to me. Anyone else wanna give a reason?

pick one and only one. It doesn't matter if casuals never used the "right" key because it was "too hard" or "the right key has too many negative connotations, when people are right they oppress those who are wrong, so we removed it." The people who used it will not have any fun, at all. A game that's not fun at all is unplayable.

Why are you faggots arguing about a party game, aimed at children, on a children console?

Are you all literally autistic? There is no "Pro Level Play" in a party game.

Shit, are we gonna see Mario Party at EVO too?

Is there a more of a reason to not take someone seriously the moment they compare smash to MP?

The way I recall PM handling new characters was more or less that they were extensive hackjobs of already-existing characters, ie Knuckles being an unfinished extensive modification of Sonic or Lyn using Pit as a general codebase (Knuckles uses Sonic's FS and Lyn uses Pit's and both default to their animations if none of their own are available).

Why new projectiles aren't addable is a mystery to me I'd have to actually learn how to program for to figure out but I remember additional character slots being figured out at some point or another, and the new characters themselves pretty much just amount to cloning existing data to new slots and then modifying the everloving shit out of it.

I honestly don't know the reason as I'm not really an expert. I assume it's something deeply rooted in the engine that Brawl modders were never able to crack.

Was that supposed to say MLP?

see the post hes replying to, Mario Party

About as much reason when someone claims any smash game is a "Competitive Game" really.

autism. literally no one gave you a straight answer that wasnt "CUS MUH FUN".

Yes, that is third strike.

k

It still falls under Street Fighter III, smartass.

Because of Grand Autism like this

not actually knowing what an unplayable game is

and wanting the series to die/lacking self awareness

All because the game doesn't play like a game from 15 fucking years ago why there shouldn't be a PM 2.0.

Smash 4 is the biggest disappointment in gaming for me in the last 10 years.

Glad I remained skeptical and never bought it.

Because Lawyers retard

Also giving into the circle jerking dev teams ego

Do not trust anyone with a "Balanced smash 4 Mod"

The most you can do is just edit the CSS and stages. the modding tech isnt good atm

Its competitive screen was actually doing fairly well until nintendo/twitch basically blacklisted it from streams and tourneys due to smash 4 coming out soon.

Okay so you never played Sm4sh

But that already exists user!
mediafire.com/download/7y617f6pnr6qe31/homebrew2.0.zip

You fucking retard thats part of STreet fighter 3 series

Holy fuck you meleefags are so closed minded it hurts.

I don't think any of these mods will be good, given how shitty much of the Sm4sh modding community is and how much it lacks direction. I'd rather wait to see a proof of concept first.

And that's just the gameplay.

It's still "alive" in some ways. It's just filling the niche it was pretty much destined to fill, given that it's a mod.

Which is the fate every smash mod will suffer, so making one is pretty pointless.

Because ProjectM already exists, brawl modding is much further ahead of smash modding to the point we can have 150 character slots and we just need to be able to give new soundbanks and be able to add projectiles into the game. Due to its simplicity you can also net play, and while we will have stable wiiu emulation in the future, we already have stable wii emulation and net play now.
Smash 4 also is alright on its own , it doesn't need a gameplay mod to fix it like brawl did.

The better question is why aren't people porting smash4 assets such as character movement-animations and hit box data into brawl so we can have bayo, dacunt, and shulk into projectM?

smash was never supposed to be competetive…

it's a party game, wanna competetive shit? play some street fighter or other legit fighting game

see how much autism was spawned the moment people started taking "let's make smash competetive" seriously? this shit should be prevented, not supported

Why not just make your own (competitive) smash clone?

Explain how smash is competitive.

They are.

You can debate the quality of it as a competitive game, but it's still inherently competitive.

Smash is not a real fighting game. Never has been, never will be. Get over it, autists.

because it's smash or because its a platforming fighter?

By that definition Mario Party is competitive too. Smash was designed with casual fun in mind, and it's a really fun casual game. The competitive community stripes the game from all it's fun unique caracteristics, like items or stage hazards, making it a sad parody of an actual fighting game.

Because it's not traditional, so it triggers autists like

im not having fun with grinding for custom moves and abilities, especially since you can get useless multiples.

It can be if people play it like that.
Don't see how that prevents it from being competitive. I played SF2 casually with my friends at parties, does that make it a fun casual game too?
You mean gameplay?
How can that be all the fun to a game when you're given options to avoid them as much as you want?

Are there worse threads on Holla Forums than Smash threads? Every thread has the same recycled arguments, fallacies, and overall shit-quality posts from people who are obviously either underage or from other websites.

what about the waifu threads

hey just so you guys know, aside all the other obsessed PMfags in this thread.

this self-destructing P:Maggot is also the same halfchan nigger who keep shitposting the same shit each thread due of his obsession for PM and mostly "competitive aspects" of Brawl.

and this was just during yesterday morning E.T.

proof:
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/339579978/#q339582586 (OP's image )
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/339579978/#q339584019 (his personal copypasta he lazily took from this thread )
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/arz35Hz0Dym3HTa4pZPY6g/ (posted it 3 times, as you can already see him heavily obsessed with the adapt meme)

until he and the rest of the suddenly zealous PMfags understands that people may prefer different Smashes or even other hacks (like 20XX or Minus) to their own preference, they won't stop.

yes, I am a long time Melee player and don't see any game as a threat to each other like how Sakurai does.

if this thread doesn't die off, i'll set out 5 giant reasons why a PM successor will never happen and why people don't don't give a shit about it over 64, Melee, the latest game, or even PM.