Is dawn of war 2 any good compared to Dawn of war 1? I've been playing soulstorm...

Is dawn of war 2 any good compared to Dawn of war 1? I've been playing soulstorm, and I kind of wish it had better graphics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Yf6Nf2ptl4U?t=36m15s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DoW2 is an attempt to be like COH but somehow everything went wrong and it turned into a mediocre RTT game.

I liked DoW2 better than the first, sue me. It's a different game with more of a focus on unit abilities and selection of comparatively few units to make the most of what you have. Some spergalerg will inevitably compare it to DotA or League but this kind of person will compare any RTS that doesn't have base building to DotA or something.

DoWI and II are not even similar games.
DoWI is one of the best RTS of all time.
DoWII is some mix of an RTS without base building and arena battles.

If you want better graphics or just more units, try out the Ultimate apocalypse mod for DoW I.
It's great!

I just can't get over the fact that you have to build around the locations they assign you, it lacks for surprises an strategies like other 4x games where if you're not careful enough like in AoE2 some guy can build a base under your nose and sneak 50 units to massacre your production while his main force acts like as a decoy

DoW2 is pretty good though, instead of the kinda dumb building aspect of DoW1 it's just pure tactics

WH40K is a meme

Whatever happened to both warhammer universes being awesome

I miss them.

You saying Blood Bowl isn't a prologue to Warhammer 40K?

Ok

tbh DoWII's squad based gameplay would work had they done better level design and based a robust single player around just the Space Marines. Why would Tyrannids or Orks be running around in a tiny squad/fireteam?

DOW II doesn't really know what it wants to be at times. Is it an Action RPG? Is it an RTT? Is it an RTS? Who knows.

One thing is for certain, that campaign would be a lot more enjoyable if it was 4 player co-op

Doesn't DoW II allow for multiplayer during the campaign?

DoW 1 is an RTS
Dow 2 is an RTT
they're different genres. 2 is great in my opinion but i play it with the Elite mod for multiplayer.

Everything that's not a gene is a meme.

Maybe your mom has a tendency to click her tongue (or suck cocks, lol) for no reason and you do that as well: that's a meme you inherited from her.

Ok

Play an RTT then and not an RTS, faggot.

The stupidity in this question hurts so much.

No, however as a co-op pseudoRPG it's kind of fun once you get past mission 10-15.

Dawn of War 1 is a great RTS.
Dawn of War 2 is a great squad-based WH40k pseudo-RPG action game.

1 is the complete package and has good expansions. DOW1 is the game to get if your thing is shit tons of units just crapping on each other.

The campaign in 2 is ace, and co-op is better. Last Stand is also great. But the multiplayer "RTS" is ass.

Dark Crusade is best
Soulstorm shitters can get rekt

Actually never played soulstorm, is it any good?

SPHEES MAHRENS

If you played Dark Crusade's campaign and enjoyed it a lot, Soulstorm is pathetic.
I once picked the Tau on hard and just reinforced my capital to see who might win. Chaos lost to Dark Eldar and everyone else fell into a stalemate scenario.

I see, so Soulstorm is mostly if you really want to play the added factions then.

Not to mention the Spess Mehreen memes.

Maybe I'll just replay Dark Crusade again then, I need to get my WAAAAGH! on

The factions are also a disappointment, as are most of the air units. I can give a brief rundown if you like. I was playing earlier.

I thought that was what you did in your previous post, but please do elaborate

How is that point about the AI any different than Dark Crusade?

Usually my Dark Crusade campaigns had minimal at best combat between other factions so it always felt like everything revolved around my own campaign moves.

Soulstorm's map was really shit. I think what bothered me most was how it missed a great opportunity to engage in planet sized strategy and feature 4 complete planets. Instead it was just a terrible interface and you could barely make out most of the map that wasn't Kaurava IV.

Dark Crusade had a really detailed campaign map with proper strategy to it. The only problem it had was the campaign basically only having 7 actual missions while everything else was basically an AI v Player skirmish.

Dark Eldar

Sisters of Battle

Air units

I'll test the AI tomorrow user.

dow2 is a very different from dow1, but it's still a great game.

t. was on the leaderboards for dow2 ret

Only started playing it recently. Disregarded it completely because it was so different. Completely regret doing so. This feels like a god damn authentic space marine experience on the second highest difficulty. Your team can kill hundreds of enemies, but if you fuck up you can still lose easily.

My biggest problem is that the game is too forgiving, and that you can only have one of each squad type in single-player. I would have enjoyed being able to run a force commander and 3 scout squads. Something to let me mix it up.

I have no idea if the game will keep its same feel when playing races like Tyranid of Ork in the expansions. I can't imagine I'll be controlling a horde for that, which will be strange.

DoW is great, especially the single player campaign, unfortunately the unit pathing is terrible and the multiplayer was an unbalanced mess

It's a completely different game

Play it if you like WH40k, if you don't, it's only average.

I guess it could be considered a matter of opinion. If you enjoy base building and creating large armies to attack the other player's base and large armies, stick with Dawn of War 1.
If you like those special Starcraft 2 missions with a finite amount of troops that rely on micromanaging abilities, get Dawn of War 2. Dawn of War 2 relies on a lot more micromanaging than Dawn of War 1. It does have it's perks too. You and kit out your Space Marines to be multiple fun builds. It also has more characters than Dawn of War 1 which was usually limited to each faction's hero in the campaign.
Honestly, Dawn of War 2's main saving graces for me was Brother Sergeant Tarkus, the Last Stand, and Retribution. Tarkus was probably the most "Space Marine-like" of the whole squad you can use (Avitus is constantly fuck-angry, Cyrus is constantly emo, Thaddeus is constantly young, Davian Thule is constantly Dreadnought, Force Commander Vanilla Ice is constantly mute and a hairetic).
Retribution does bring back base building a *little bit* and lets you have more than 4 squads of units. It also gives us Kaptin Bluddflagg, the most hilarious Ork I've ever seen portrayed in any 40k game besides Gorgutz.
The Last Stand is where you play as a hero of a specific faction (Space Marine commander, Ork Mekboy, Chaos Sorcerer, etc) and you fight along with 2 other people against waves of enemies, like DOTA. It's pretty fun if you like games like that and you can test out several builds in it as well.

I guess the best I can sum it up is Dawn of War 1 is an RTS while Dawn of War 2 is an RTT. Make of that what you will.

Dow 2 was garbage there is no way to take it seriously last stand or otherwise the PATHING was just so horrible on that game it shouldn't have been released.

it is not bad op i got it with all the dlc but it really shines with the ultimate Apocalypse mod which adds way more to the game and makes it feel like a real 40k battle.

youtu.be/Yf6Nf2ptl4U?t=36m15s

i bet half the stuff in this mod and game will not be in the dawn of war 3 game coming out soon which is sad since that is what separates this game from the rest of the rts out there.