ITT: Are there any vidya antagonists who are bigger trolls than calypso? Specifically...

ITT: Are there any vidya antagonists who are bigger trolls than calypso? Specifically, the iteration from the second game.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/ben-kuchera/jaffe-confrontation
imdb.com/name/nm0851317/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Calypso from the third game.

Never played that one. How much worse is he then in the 2nd?

(Checked)
Look at all the endings for Twisted Metal 3, he absolutely fucking trolls everyone!

Very, doesn't help that the TM3 characters are cartoon characters.

And Twisted Metal 4, but Black was pretty much a back to form.

At least that was justified in that the cover art for The Offspring's Conspiracy of One led the contest.

THREE MONTHS IN THE NUTHOUSE

I am Calypso and I thank you for playing Twisted Metal.

The reboot was horrible, it was the last chance he ever got from Sony before the boot, it was pretty edgy and reminds me of Black, but only 3 character-factions to choose from kinda sucked.

Didn't help multiplayer wasn't stable.

RIP in peace David Jaffe, you're a SJWcuck now.

Critical Depth's aliums give some pretty good troll endings.

Hard to believe his face got even uglier since then.

Twisted Metal: Head On had couple of follow up endings to the TM2 endings.

Your choices are a shitty anime edgelord, or a great anime edgelord.

I always was sad that they ditched the comic book aesthetic for awhile

If you took the TM stories literally, multiple people would have won a single tournament according to some endings.

soundcloud.com/ben-kuchera/jaffe-confrontation

I'm surprised that they ditched the live-action scenes in TM1 because they looked too corny, but then went with the horrible 3D models for TM3 and TM4.
I always liked TM going cheesy, though I still loved TM:Black.

To be fair, has he been relevant since the most current Twisted metal? I stopped paying attention to him a long time ago.

I think it's implied that there really isn't any 'real' canon.

Whatever happened to Twisted Metal, Vigilante 8 and Interstate?. Last car combat game ibcan think off is Blood Drive and that one wasn't very good from what i've heard.

Best twisted metal waifu.
She's me in female form

I know, I just always found it funny how it seemed like there were multiple paradoxial winners in the contest, especially in TM:Head On

Jaffe has tried revitalizing the genre several times with Calling All Cars and the newest TM.
They don't sell, maybe because all the newest iterations suck, but most companies just look at how they don't sell.

Head-On a best

Is that the same voice actor who played Baird for GoW? The one who plays Needles.

imdb.com/name/nm0851317/
He does a lot of GoW voices, but I'm not seeing Baird

Nevermind, you were talking Gears of War, not God of War

There's a character named Baird in God of War?

TM2 had my favorite version of Calypso, hands down.

He looks like a bargain bin Eminem.

As far as I can figure out the story, Twisted Metal Black is a dream in main universe Sweet Tooth's head, but then in 2 and Head-On we find out that that universe is also a dream, which seems to be in the Twisted Metal (2012) universe. Black, the driver of Minion in the main series and the driver of Manslaughter in Twisted Metal: Black, traveled to the TM:B universe from the main universe. The same happened with Marcus Kane, the driver of Roadkill in the main universe and Minion in Black. They both say Calypso also traveled like they did. TM(2012) then shows that Calypso with trophies and souvenirs from the other games, both from the main universe and from the Black universe, as well as his own universe. So they're all the same Calypso, but if we're just counting what is referenced in each game, then 2012 wins, because he seems to have been behind everything all along.

3 and 4 were made by completely different people.

There are too many contradictions to talk about a "real" canon. But at least in TM1 it seems like Outlaw is the winner and any other returning contestants merely survived somehow. And if you try to actually count canon then Dark Tooth must be Yellowjacket after winning because he now knows Sweet Tooth is his son. But whatever, I can gloss over that and figure he found out some other way.

But then Head-On, acting as a direct sequel to 2, has Outlaw, Grasshopper, Mr Slam, and probably a few others act as if they won TM2. But despite all these contradictions, they still call back to past continuity a lot, like with Roadkill and Sweet Tooth. Plus Black went out of its way to try to tie into the main series with Manslaughter and Minion.

Despite the mess of contradictions, TM had a really cool story. Too bad the last one bombed and then Jaffe became a SJW idiot, insuring the series will stay dead forever.

It had the best gameplay of and TM game. It just had less characters.

So he looks like Vanilla Ice?

The charm of the vehicles in twisted metal was the connection between the drivers and the cars themselves

And so on…

How did Axel open the door?

How does axel go to the bathroom?

One advantage of participating in Twisted Metal is that everyone will assume all the stains on your pants are from the contest.

My take on the series.

TM 1 Was the one with FMV endings and really set the stage for the sadistic, even if a bit juvenile.

TM2 Was probably the best example of dark humor on console games o this day. And what an OST.

TM3 Was a bit of a departure, but it keeps the dark, even if it's more cartoonish.

TM4 Exists. And also have Rob Zombie. And it's also a cartoon. And it also is the one with the most weak endings.

TM Small Brawl: A wonder! It really manage to have some great endings! In fact, one ending was even censored, and there is one that have you going fast!

TM Black: Oh, the darker one. No jokes this time. Calypso deliveries every time, and you can see without a doubt that everyone in TM is literally insane. And it's not a bad game either. Some endings are really interesting.

TM Head On: Portable Precious Piece. this game is really well done, with a huge number of characters and being a directly follow up of TM 2 somehow.

TM PS3: Probably the best game in the series, but with a complex, but not great story. The game is by far the best, many characters, more weapons, huge scenarios, and fantastic boss battles. The game has four characters, but focus only in three. And shows a new one at the end that might never receive a game.

The FMV endings aren't in the finished game. They were only released years later with Twisted Metal: Head-On: Extra Twisted Edition on PS2.

Head-On is a direct sequel to 2 because 3 and 4 were made by other people, Black is another universe, and Small Brawl is a prequel? Or maybe about the children/next generation? Spectre is implied to be the son of Spectre from 2, but Calypso and others seem to be younger versions of the characters from other games.

TM PS3 is hugely disappointing due to the lack of characters. Otherwise is is probably the best, but the lack of characters hurts it so bad.

Best gameplay and balance. It's just amazing how much I missed my favorite characters

At least shitty anime edgelord was mostly successful with trolling the shitty characters from his world:

I only CS, so I guess Hazama/Terumi got shittier with each BlazBlue iteration past CS.

Hades.

these are all fucking awesome. How the fuck are a bunch of 30 second clips better than 99% of new shit writing in games today?

Because they knew exactly what they wanted with calypso. A "Be careful what you wish for" type of genie, paired with a great sense of black humor.

Black was alright, there were some real good bits, but Twisted Metal was best inspired by pulp comic shit.

2's is the real Calypso, but Head-On's was a proper amalgamation of Black and original comics/2's.

i.e. 2 -> Head-On continuity is real Twisted Metal. Wish we got a properly graphic head-on sequel as a proper TM3, back to the days of axel ripping his arms off.

Head On did have its proper moments.

I know a lot of people don't like 3 and 4 but I just can't bring myself to hate them, I liked the soundtracks and the amount of characters plus vehicle designs that fit characters even though it meant 90% of the endings were lame. I liked being able to play as Calypso in 4 even with his vehicle being a god damn nuke truck. The level design was terrible in 3 but at least it improved in 4.

I have nothing really negative to say about the others besides the lack of things in 2012. If that game would of had more I could of seen TM and vehicle combat games becoming a living niche again. Head-On is my favorite due combining elements of 2 and Black.

So I guess blame 989 for fucking the middle of a series up.

Darkside is my favorite just because of it being a fucking big rig driven by a demon. I hated how in Black and 2012 they changed it to a girl who first wanted her mask removed and in 2012 some vanity driven supermodel.

I kinda love Sweet Tooth endings because he is the one twisted and clever enouth to fool Calypso.

4 had a cool main menu riff, I guess.

test

There's this, but it was almost 10 years ago.

Mr. Ash is the best, and the devs of 2012 were dumb to not realize how charming the characters are. I could live without Mr. Ash in Black because there were a ton of other characters. But if you're gonna make only three characters, you can't make one of them a shittier version of Dollface.

Also why did 2012 Dollface have Grasshopper's name? Grasshopper had a cool story but this character had absolutely nothing to do with her. And you'd think since she was a character who tied deeper into the lore that they wouldn't just throw her name around like that.

I should probably ask here.
Is Twisted Metal: Black any good?

Its a fucking awesome game and probably one of the best games on the PS2 catalog

For PS2 get Both Black and Head On. There is no reason to not have both

If you can get your hands on copies of Vigilante 8 and 8 2nd, also do it.

And it seems like that people who worked on TM 2 later developed this beast here. Pretty good game too.

Talk about fucking cool.