What are some good, old school table top inspired RPGs?

What are some good, old school table top inspired RPGs?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/250520/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

underrail is more recent, but it's a breddy gud crpg

I agree Undertale is pretty good

Why don't you pick up a copy of Fallout 4, fellow video game player? As a totally normal video game player who isn't Todd Howard such as yourself, I can personally guarantee that it's the best role playing game of all time.

I unironically enjoy pretty looking walking simulators with shallow objectives and simple dialogues like FO4 and Skyrim.

You see, this is the next evolution in gaming. IMO, some games should be less competition oriented. In it's early development, video game was a medium for translating logic and reflex engagement oriented activities into digital video format. Some people turn out to enjoy the experience of observing and discovering instead of engaging their reflexes and logic in the game their play. This is how games like Morrowind were born.

Just like the evolution of films. Back in the 20's great directors like Fritz Lang directed beautiful looking films that are focused on the exposition of the plot, but it turned out that the audience were more mesmerized by the grandeur audiovisual telling of the story. Then came Tarkovsky and his unique way of directing films with the logic of poetry where man and nature, instead of plot, are equally the star of the film even though they barely recognized each other. This technique of recreating life using the audiovisual medium stands at the highest ground of the evolutionary ladder of cinema.

People like Todd Howard are the Tarkovsky of video games. With his unique non autistic perspective, he sees video games as an experience rather than a puzzle. With trials and errors, he has tried to create an experience oriented video game rather than the traditional game oriented video games. His technique might still be in the experimental stage, but I hope someday he will find the perfect formula to articulate his visionary ideal, a combination of discovery and world manipulation.

I already got the pirate version

Undertale is obviously what you seek OP>

I think what you meant to say was that you were just on your way to go buy 10 copies of Fallout 4 with DLC.

Hey I thought you weren't Todd!

Todd? Who's that? I am just your average video game player, Tom Toward. I enjoy a wide variety of great RPGs like Fallout 4, Skyrim, and Doom. Remember those? Weren't they good? Buy them or else.

Is this the birth of an epic new meme?

I'll check it out.

That got me.

Is that who I think it is ?

Bump for anything else? Seems like this thread was more hit with shitposting than recommendations.

apart from the horrible last area, the game is amazing if you liked the style of fallout 1&2
Highly recommend it

>horrible last area

Why the fuck it had to be so bad? It had nothing that made the earlier game good.

In a game where character advancement is done by indept exploration, areas were suddenly timed. Wacky alien time wizard who earlier instagibbed you if you dared to resist its mind control (a cardinal sin of RPGs) now tells you to do stuff without explaining why. Bearable levels of entry-tier Lovercraft stuff in a fun contenxt replaced with straight Lovecraftian = tentacle demons.

D&D Goldbox series
I personally like Curse of the Azure Bonds the most

also Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday and its sequel Matrix Cubed
damn good shit there

i think he meant this
store.steampowered.com/app/250520/

awesome, downloading them now

Op.

Age of Decadence is god tier.

also, is fallout tactics worth playing?

it looks great

Wesnoth.

www.wesnoth.org

If you played Fallout 1/2. If you don't expect it to be an RPG but a TBT game.

Combat and graphics are great, story and writing not so much.
But i think it is worth playing.

it is now

yes: