AMD is announcing new video cards in four hours, and possibly Zen info

AMD is announcing new video cards in four hours, and possibly Zen info.

Livestreams:
(?) amd.com/en-us/who-we-are/corporate-information/events/computex
videocardz.com/60686/watch-amd-computex-polaris-update-live-stream-here

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/amd-prices-3-d-cards-to-spur-virtual-reality-market-1464725394
pcpartpicker.com/p/HGmH9W
archive.is/2EDnj
youtube.com/user/adoredtv/videos
twitch.tv/nvidia/v/64989878
youtube.com/watch?v=ZwlQvjwYFEM
wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-480-polaris-10-launch/
osicomputers.com,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why is she so flat yet so flabby?

If it's any solace, the RX* 480 will only cost $200 and be nearly as powerful as a GTX 980.
wsj.com/articles/amd-prices-3-d-cards-to-spur-virtual-reality-market-1464725394
*Apparently they're renaming the R9 series to RX

Asian.

What are those numbers meant to represent?
Where are the average FPS comparisons?

fucking finally

They're just leaks to the 3DMark database. No one is even sure that those cards are actually the 480 and 480X.
Obviously synthetic benchmarks shouldn't be overly trusted, but they generally give a decent sense of how any given card will perform relative to others.

Expect actual details to be released tonight.

Da fuck is that?

I really want to upgrade but I don't know what for as all of the AAA stuff that needs hardware is shit now. The desire to upgrade anyway worries me; was I addicted to an upgrade cycle before and only now realize it when there is no possible way to justify it?

Useless proprietary benchmarking tools that work with arbitrary ratings and numbers that relate to naught of interest. The only thing a consumer looking to play vidya with a GPU with should care about is how many frames it can push at what settings.

Sure you can get other fascinating info from different benchmarks but it doesn't help one as a consumer looking to buy a product. The only people who should give a shit about meta bench-marking like this are those who make the GPUs or make a living writing about and benchmarking them. Or as a personal hobby.

The cards will be bad because AMD doesn't know how to cater to the high end (and aren't even trying), even though that's where the bestsellers are.
The sad thing is that if you have cards that are a really good bang for your buck, if you're not the best, normalfags don't buy. They will always pay the Nvidia tax because they have the best card on the market. Even if they're not buying the best card, in their mind they're still getting some of that power - so they buy it everytime.

It's the same reason why people will pay $130 for a fucking Intel i3 instead of taking a more budget oriented AMD option - the only real reason to buy that i3 is if you plan to replace it with a better Intel chip, but people never do.

The problem with using games as benchmarks is they're not clean tests, they are full of hacks to make cards that existed when they were made go fast and don't necessarily represent what perf you can expect with upcoming games. As such, "real" benchmarks are only of use to poorfags who don't play games at release.

Jennifer Lawrence as mystique

Nothing thats not unoptimized garbage needs a better gpu since like 2010

That's a woman? She looks like an asian John Romero.

But he is asian

Indians are asian though

POO IN THE DOJO
DESIGNATED SHITTING PAGODA

The only reason why I'd get any of these newer cards is for performance improvements unrelated to gaming; OpenCL, AMD-Vi, HSA with Linux and so forth

It really seems that the race for FPS to get a competitive edge is over, most newer games are so slow paced you're not seeing the community care much. Asides for simulators and heavily modded Skyrim I can't think of any games in the last few years I'd buy better hardware for. A year ago I'd say maybe VR would be a good reason to upgrade, what a joke that's been.

yeah, its weird to imagine but consoles have actually surpassed the biggest PC games, considering the biggest PC games are half-assed multiplats.

Native Americans butthurt by the truth

I generally agree with you, but a hyperthreaded i3 can meet or exceed the gaming performance of pretty much everything in AMD's product line. The gap in IPC is pretty embarrassing, and I really hope Zen closes the distance because I want an AMD chip for my next build.

QUICK Holla Forums GIVE ME AN AMAZING RIG TO BUILD UNDER 1500, THEN ADD ONE GOOD MONITOR ON TOP OF IT

fuck that fam

What is the fucking obsession with minions?
Despicable Me wasn't even that good.

They're mongoloid, is that what you're trying to say?

yes

Anthropolgical evidence suggests they're descended from people that crossed a former landbridge between North America and Asia.

The 'PC master race' is paying a premium to play poorly optimized console ports. Nobody bothers to make a game on PC first when there's 60 million console owners out there. Back in the previous gens console hardware was different enough as to make porting a big deal, now it's all x86.

4k graphics at 140 fps doesn't mean much when the underlying game is garbage made for a console audience with a PC port tacked on by some fly by night operation that closes down after their contract is up.

Same here although if Zen becomes a new Bulldozer I'm giving up on desktop hardware altogether and getting a used server with xeon chips.

Cool, hope their stocks go up tomorrow then.

the last good 3d animation was "The Incredibles"

What the fuck is that pic? I want background.

decrypted code from Watch_Dogs, hard proof that they literally gimped the PC version just to make the consoles look better

That's wrong but you get points for trying

Well, given CURRENTLY AVAILABLE parts:
pcpartpicker.com/p/HGmH9W

It'll definitely change once the GTX 1080/RX 490 hit the market in a couple of weeks though.

idk monitors

It was Ubisoft, what the fuck did you expect?

Predictions;
It will fail to outperform Intel/Nvidia for the same price point

Also it will use some shitty outdated node process like 16nm while everyone else moves onto 14nm

Despicable Me is probably the lamest 3D animated movie of all time, I'm convinced the only people who like it are lowest-common-denominator normalfags for its cute little girl/minion factor and closet pedos who fap to 3D CG lolis

This, The Incredibles is by far the best PIXAR movie and possibly when CG movies reached their zenith

Will these new gpus run on windows 7 with DX11?

They should, yes.

That happened 15 years ago.

You haven't watched a lot of 3D movies.

tbh, not even the 3D CGI lolis from that movie are any good. There are other PIXAR movies that have better lolis.

16nm is a brand new process, what the fuck are you talking about? Also, you have it backwards. Nvidia's Pascal is using 16nm, whereas AMD's Polaris is using 14nm.

I was just answering his question. To answer yours, there is a very big difference between knowing someone is being a fucking shithead and having hard evidence that someone is being a fucking shithead. Compare and contrast the DmC "journalism" debacle and GamerGate.

Prediction: your prediction of it failing to outperform Intel/Nvidia for the same price point will be true, but only for Nvidia™ GameWorks™ Power to the Players™ Experiences™

Is that I.M. Meen?

Yeah, NVidia snuck into the lap during the making of the Fiji and they fucked up the circuit boards, and that's why the Fiji was a pile of shit, amirite?

Pixar doesn't make good movies, and never will. No, not even Toy Story.

Wall-E was only good for the first half, then the movie went into generic schlock.
The robots are cute as fuck, though.

Did any of those anime pictures get dubs?

archive.is/2EDnj

Well at $200 it's less of a hurdle to build a new Zen based rig. If the VR hype fizzles out they're fucked though.

Third time's a charm. Here's a (you)

Difficult to say. Literally no one is buying VR because of the $1000 price tag except for idiots who have nothing better to do with their money than throw it at impulse items. There's no killer VR titles, and there's no killer VR titles with killer controls. Like you're not going to see Yggdrassil the game any time soon.

Until it gets a much broader adoption rate, VR is just a fad. I mean given we're much further than we ever were before, VR is an actual proof of concept these days, but it's so fucking prohibitively expensive that no one's buying, especially considering that the VR devices run you more than video cards and even entire PCs.

So banking on VR was a dumb idea in the first place.

That image predates exodus.
It's from halfchan, after they cut double-digits out of the post-count.

You think it'll fizzle out the way 3D did a few years ago? I have a feeling it's a repeat of that except instead of Sony getting buttfucked by the failure it's Fagbook.

those console ports are optimized for console hardware aka they are optimized for amd hardware.

so if trash developers do a quick and dirty pc port, it will be optimized for amd users.

Even for AMD processors?

Please be something good so nvidia stops shitting all over amd

Please no

I don't know. I would like to see VR get more acceptance and more market adoption, but at the same time, I worry about how it will affect the ecosystem of games. A lot of the neat looking VR titles coming out on Steam have forced VR that requires specific devices (there's no standard at this time, so if a dev doesn't use every SDK, then you can only use the device they did develop for). There are of course Rift games which don't require a Rift, but there's a lot of games on Steam where Valve is literally paying dev people to not make a non-VR version to push for the Vive. And it's just not going to work like this.

The way that people adopt things is "I love thing, I think thing would be even better if I could extend it, oh look VR extends thing, I want VR." But they think "this looks neat, I want VR to play thing." If no one has any experience or inclination for thing beyond "that looks neat," then it's not going to make someone pay $800 just to be able to play thing, they'll just not play it at all. Valve needs to fucking stop.

of course, the consoles use 8 cores and now amd are finally releasing good 8 core cpus (zen) and not charging your left nut like intel. dx12/vulcan will ensure that multi core is the future.

that was only on Holla Forums and Holla Forums, retard

You're putting a lot of stake in optimization, even though today's developers are fucking awful at it.

High IPC is king because it can power through shit software. Zen has to do more than just be better, it has to be fantastic.

Just making sure, because my first rig is going to be AMD then,

I really liked intel, but if this is the way it has to be, then so be it.

So about AMD's Zen and Polaris CPU and GPU lines, is it worth the wait for upgrading next year?

most zen reports were satisfactory, unlike their last flagship, bulldozer. amd is reporting 25% increases in performance across the board, seems like it's actually going to be a competitive chip. Especially considering AMD typically undercuts Intel's prices by $100-250 for similar performance.

yeah, zen won't be out till the fall and vega, amd's big cards (fury x/980 ti), wont be out till 1st quarter next year.

they better pull some crazy ass shit out of there asses. a card that can do 150 + FPS in 4k for most games. that would be the only way im buying an AMD card.

I swore off AMD years ago when there shit divers kept crashing my laptop.

Being an AMD user is suffering.

Well shit man, not even NVidia has been able to achieve those kinds of numbers.

I've also read some reports that AMD's Zen CPU's are on 95W output. Is that a good thing unlike from their previous series?

can't even emulate dolphin correctly on my fx6300+7850

It's a laptop. That's pretty much working as designed.

Do you have any sources on that? Because it sounds pretty stupid. The majority of games that will work well with VR will be completely stupid or disfunctional when played in non VR. I doubt that any current dev is stupid enough to try and make their game both VR and non-VR compatible.

archive.is/2EDnj

AMD Polaris is 200 dollars

I'm not falling for the price tag again, I'll wait to see what Logical says.

there people that defend this shit

Do I have a source saying that? No, I just have a growing list of games on Steam that REQUIRE VR and can't be played without VR. So yeah, I'm talking out my ass, but why would so many developers in such quick succession make games that don't allow for non-VR?

doesn't Nvidia pay the developers to make games run like SHIT in amd cards on purpose?

I have an FX-8350 and overclocked it to 4.5mhz, and multi-core performance is equal to a 4790K.

It still lags in single core.

Also there are a lot of demos that show that non-VR and VR can be made together quite easily.

What the fuck are you using to cool that thing?

Intel it is

help

Yep. Nvidia GameWorks

they are saying its comparable to a 980 but the (non TI 980s) are shit with vr

Corsair H80iGT

You're a big gal

well, if you have a 8350 and overclocked it to 4.5, im beyond fucked, i have a 8120 and it caps at 3.6 GHz, drops are hard on my end

Well, to be fair the halogroups situate the northern native americans closer to the original japanese/siberians than to other amerindians, like the southern mexicans, who are belived to have mixed with some bizarre ethnicity 1500 years ago

for>>9521422

M-MUH UNDERDOG.

Well, because they want a piece of the VR market. People who currently have VR are mostly people who have quite a bit of money to spend (because VR is expensive atm), but very little good games for the very expensive thing they bought. So they will buy nearly every game out there in an attempt to find any good ones in them.

The majority of VR games that can be released right now (smaller ones, using the VR tools as their main gameplay aspect) will not function well without VR, so you do not make them available without VR. Games that would function without it are generally a bit bigger to make and have more competition (for example a eurotruck simulator like game).

You don't always have to assume its a company being evil because certain things happen (except if its EA or bethesda). It can always be other companies wanting a quick cut of whatever is most popular.

In this case getting a cheap modern GPU now for a Zen build might be worth it thanks to HSA which will allow different cards to share memory. When the better cards come out later it'll still be useful as a host GPU for virtualization.

If there's one thing AMD is good for it's that their sockets don't change much. Buying a moderately powerful PC and incrementally upgrading it might become feasible again. Instead of completely replacing your GPU you can still use the old one. And few years later you can upgrade the CPU.

With intel a socket change each year keeps the goyim in fear. The AM4 should be around for at least 5.

last incident I remember was crysis 2. AMD cards that gen didn't handle Tessellation well, so Nvidia payed those guys to run Tessellation on EVERYTHING. Flat boards and walls, invisible water layer below the map.

AMD cards somehow don't perform as well. This is considered legit by nvidiafags.

AMD gets a strong edge on nvidia with DX12, decide instead to not compete at the high end because reasons. Shoot for the cheapskate crowd instead. Lets wait and see how many AMDfags (if any still exist) try and defend that.

Holy fuck, the delusions.

I bet you have this grand vision that AMD developers live in tents and NVidia and Intel are living in opulent skyscrapers beside them with infinite money.

The type of games VR currently has are mostly tech demos, for those that try to have the "full VR experience", using the special controllers. The rest are generally older games with VR tacked on, but usually they are not well designed for VR unless they got lucky. The VR games we have atm are pretty much all small minigame like games. The type that are about as stupid as a newsground flash game if they would be played without VR, but with VR are just slightly more fun or at least more unique.

that's the witcher 2 game works didn't even exist at the time

To be fair, intel is one of those companies that is still pretty close to the infinite money scenario.

i dont buy Intel or Nvidia because of their jewish practices, they're like the EA of hardware.

my amd card ran das 1 and 2 at 1080p and 60 fps, i blame nobody but FROM for this mess. das 3 is a rushed, poorly made effort to cash-in what once was a good franchise.

It'll be called the 480 because that's the only resolution it can get 60fps on

I like you.

To add to my Athena build:

I've been using AMD hardware for years, ever since Nvidia fucked up during the 6600 and 8800 cards. Exactly 1 year after getting a 6600 it completely died, the 8800 after 2. Ever since switching to AMD I've been impressed with the longevity of the cards.

Performance wise though, it's hard to justify going full AMD. Might bite the bullet and invest in an Intel/Nvidia rig. Maybe the 1080.

LGA-2011v3 is likely to last you for a while.

Honesty, you're likely to be replacing everything else, anyway. When my CPU needs swapped, I also generally need a GPU and more RAM, so the motherboard is getting swapped, anyway.
Even if I wouldn't need to swap it, I'd still buy a new board so the old CPU could go back into service at the heart of my fileserver.

whatever faggot, keep sucking that jew dick I guess.

Nvidia is pure cancer as a company, and AMD are idealistic tools. You, however, are a dipshit.

Are you the guy who was gonna lose his virginity to a prostitute.

No?

I'll still not use Intel for specific reasons.

It was two years ago iirc, you said you were lonely and never found a loving relationship or something.

Then I gave you some advice.
Maybe you just saved it.

Its definitely the same image too.

That's Rustle, bro. I have a million Rustle reaction pictures. I even made some new ones, like this one.

One of the only good tech channels I have found with detailed information.
youtube.com/user/adoredtv/videos

thanks, I was curious about more information compiled about Zen. Nice trips.

Yeah but not too many people have several desktop computers nowadays with low cost NAS. Most wouldn't find a need for keeping a headless PC in a closet. That extra CPU can be traded for some ram or a discount on a new GPU at a shop.

Whenever I save images from here I always keep the original filename/timestamp. Makes tracking unique posters more difficult.

Dropping 2k on nvidia stock tomorrow morning.

AMD stock doubled recently as well, going from like $2 to $4, I should really buy some. I can easily see it steadily rising moving closer to ZEN's release. Investors seem to be pretty happy in the direction AMD is taking, hope AMD can pull it off, intel needs a true competitor. Will probably make a new computer when ZEN is released.

And thanks for the trips complement.

If I wasn't such a apathetic shit I would probably do the same.

The girls were.

why not post results that include the fury x, amd's answer to the 980 ti?

also 1080p plus super sampling is 4k right? the gap between 980ti and fury x shrinks as you up the resolution and the fury x out performs the 980 ti at 4k.

Imagine them in 2D.

Oh wait, Rustle already did.

Actually fuck, I might just buy AMD and Nvidia tomorrow. There's a good chance both will go up.

ABSOLUTE MAD MAN
It goes without saying, not to invest money you can't risk losing, but good luck to you user.

NO YOU CANT YOU IDORT

i can't be the only one whos absolutely incapable of understanding what the fuck these people are saying right?

I thought you were exaggerating but it took at least 30 seconds for me to figure him out, and I'm still missing sentences.

He sounds Irish.

It's a scotish accent, I can understand it perfectly well, although I'm from Wales.

Their live stream is about to start… lads.

he seems to make a compelling argument, but what the fuck, seriously put some subtitles into that shit.

it's on!

Then why aren't you the leader in performance?

I've been waiting for this. My current graphics card dies when I try any remotely recent 3D games with it (Silent Storm and DS emulation seems fine, but everything else bad things happen. It's getting worse too) but wanted to wait for new cards to have been out a month to replace it.

What is this shit? We powerpoint now?

the issue with VR isn't the fucking hardware

ALL OF THE GAMES ARE SHIT

Who is this Viyar guy and why is he supposed to be on everyone's computers?

I'd literally play VR just so I could play one shooting game and lewd games.

We want the VR audience.

this is it boys

the videogame crash will be caused by VR

my body is ready

DESIGNATED 199 USD

Can any of the mustardmen in this thread just bottom line it for me? My rig just died and I've been putting off replacing it until the 16nm cards came out and I had the intention of buying AMD. But that Witcher 2 FPS comparison really pissed me off enough to get me to throw my hands up and get NVIDIA, but then some other faggot said NVIDIA cards have shit build quality and die in one or two years and I can't tolerate that either, I would rather take a big hit in FPS as long as my fucking shit lasts for at least five years.

What should I do?

Oh my.

He knows

The guy who told you NVidia cards die in 2 years is a fucking faggot and a liar, I've never had any of my NVidia cards die on me before I replaced them, and we're talking 5 year life spans for each card that I bought. I just replaced my 550 from 2011 with a 960.

Never trust faggots with namebrand bias. I've never had ANY video card (AMD or NVidia) die on me prematurely, anyone who tells you to be wary of video cards poofing either used beta drivers or was doing something fucking screwy.

But they're daughterfu bait. You're not supposed to fap to them.

You got any of the youngest one? For purely scientific reasons, of course.

Honestly, I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy, but as far as GPUs go, AMD and Nvidia trade blows pretty evenly. Various aftermarket OEMs have varying build quality, with shit and good ones on both sides. AMD has had the price/performance advantage for a while now (and it looks like its going to get wider), but that's about it. Also they aren't jews.

Poor AMD system performance can mostly be attributed to poor CPU IPC. Even AMD's highest-end CPUs have roughly half the single-core performance as Intel's mid-tier. Hopefully Zen will fix this.

tl;dr: Buy AMD/Nvidia GPU depending on your price point for GPU, Intel (assuming higher-end build) for CPU, or wait until Zen.

Seems p efficient?

Naw, I've only seen r34 of Margo.

exclusive DOOM effects for AMD

b-but nvidia game works is bad guys

nvidia cards don't die in 2 years, its just that nvidia stops optimizing the drivers for those cards after their new cards come out while amd kept on optimizing the drivers for their older cards.

NVIDIA GETTING REKT

ON SUICIDE WATCH

GTX 1080 btfo

Except that AMD's shit is open-source. Nvidia is completely free to implement it, and probably will.

I guess? Eh.

I decided to check paheal. They got some.

Nice trips Satan.

Thanks lads. I never had any intention of buying anything besides Intel for CPU since even if they're giant jews I already have enough driver problems just with AMD GPUs to subject myself to that experience with a fucking CPU. I wouldn't do it even if the performance was actually competitive.

So what you're saying is NVIDIA cards are better upon release but AMD cards remain competitive for longer?

C H E C K E D

Someone get a pic of John Stamos checking doubles

There's nothing wrong with AMD CPU "drivers", since they don't really exist.

Also, don't worry, Nvidia GPU drivers are shit too.

kek, okay? But if you do 2X 1070 for just $100 more, you'll get way more fps. And if you do 3X 1060 for the price of 2 1070s, you'll get even MORE fps…

This move smacks of desperation if they actually do retail for $200. I have a prediction to make, though, which is that the 199 price is just the price that retailers are going to pay, and you're going to end up with another $50 to $100 more on that price.

Who gives a fuck?
This is just the GTX 1080 again. Call me when you have High Bandwidth Memory already.
These performance gain increments are shit. Where are muh gains? Where's muh HBM?

what in the fuck is a i7 6500U

The only one that I've had die on me was the 8800GT (which, admittedly, had a lot of reliability issues), and I had to bake it once, but I used it for like 5 years.

The 1060 may not even support 3 way SLI. Even if it does, you'll need a shitload of power.

HBM is too expensive for poorfag cards. This is $200, not $2000. You're going to be waiting for Vega.

They've said they aren't targeting the high end, just the "average gamer." They don't give a shit about you.

Incorrect, AMD and Nvidia have different architectures. AMD has made theirs work better with multiple GPU's.

Vega will have HBM2 which will be even better than HBM.

Wait, wut… I could get over 100 fps in League of Legends with my Phenom II and GTX 550 Ti… Why would you need the FX series for that fucking game?

Not according to leaked (admittedly synthetic) benchmarks the 480 has 90% of the performance of the 1070.. Also, two 1070s will cost $760, not $500.
not officially supported :^)

Eh, not really. CrossFire and SLI have pretty similar scaling.

AMD are now coming out with FX-series APUs for some retarded reason.

Holy fucking hell. Why are they shilling Windows 10 so goddamn hard?

how many people like windows 10 ?

1 guy

MY FUCKING SIDES !!!!!!!

Just saying, but "$100 more" is $600 not $500.

This is a Microsoft rep speaking.

Does anyone want to hear anything windows related?
Just.

I said architecture not CrossFire and SLI. Nvidia has no asynchronous compute while AMD does, this is why you see cheaper AMD cards beating Nvidia card with DirectX12 and Vulkan.

Microsoft is working with the CPU manufacturers. To get support for the latest processors you will now need the latest version of Windows with the most up-to-date service packs. Don't you love it when Microsoft pays off the hardware manufacturers to do stuff like this?!

That's on a laptop without a discrete video card.

The red line makes the llaptop go faster, fuckers!!!

What do we get for 10 dollars?

What is that thing they all have on their suits?

Dammit NSA

Tumors.

are those LoL "pro" players? What sort of comedy show an i missing here?

probably some ping pang celebration festival

SHOTS FIRED

TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBES

DUBS MANIA! WHAT A WIIIIILLLLLLDDDDDD RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDEEEEEEEE

It's not as funny as the Nvidia show

Nice trips.

No one give a fuck about budget laptops.

Tell us about Zen you chinks.

AMD conferences never fail to make me cringe

They seem to be way behind nvidia in terms of marketing and communicating.

What happened? I completely missed that one?

It was a month ago…
They showed the 1080 and 1070 off.

This shit makes me miss E3, and that's a scary thought because E3 is filled with mindless hype.

I thought there would be a 16 core desktop one?

so have they announced an R7 450 yet or something

EVERYONE in E3 that arn't press are paid to be there buy the companies.

Yes, please hold it up for an hour so everyone can take pictures.

No, but if they come out with one, it'll probably be like ~$100, since the 480 is only $200.

I do not comprehend.

Nice dubtrips.

People waving those clapper things together was comical.

Welp, that was gay as fuck.

Liking that 200 dolla gpu tho.

I hope zen is not shit.

I AM ZEN

Wait, so what are the prices for the new gpu's, I heard people in it say $150-$300

ok

According to meme, it's $200 for the 480 which is their alleged flagship card for the generation. I can see them pulling a fast one and releashing a 485, 490 and 495 and tricking people with increments of 5.

we did it guys, we beat nvidia

You're literally just parroting what one fucking faggot said on Holla Forums you massive tool. There is a massive amount of evidence to the contrary simply by looking up "driver comparison NVIDIA" on YouTube. It's either an FPS increase or a plateau in every single situation.

Not really. 480 is polaris. Vega is due Q3/4 this year those will be the real "Flagship" cards.

Was hoping for more details but whatever, it was more or less what I expected.

you made it seem like there was a good story…

Awaken my dubs!

They only announced the RX 480, which is $200.
They also generally announced that the RX series will be in the $200-$300 price range.

Nah, the actual benchmarks of the leaked benchmarks aren't very useful, but they do confirm that there's another GPU in the works. Given it has more than a 10% increase in the bullshitmark, it's surely not just a rebadge.

this

that includes the 80's you can now put that meme down. they are specifically talking about people in their 20s 30s as they are the ones with the money and the need of a computer

dead?!!??!!

It was a good story. The CEO had to stop the show mid way to….
Ya know, it really was worth watching.

is there a link to the full video of the stream? i missed most of it.

they gave no indication that this was a flagship card.

that said affordable vr

i can see nvidia doing the same shit with two 1060's in SLI vs what ever AMD comes out with next year. look its better on this game that allready runs better on our cards.

i just want a newer video card that doesn't require me to buy a new PSU and Case while not getting potato-tier performance

I know Intel are kikes and there should be more competition, but come on.

Except that NVidia doesn't need to do that shit, because they design their cards using hardware acceleration for shader technologies, this is why better looking games can get better performance on NVidia cards, because NVidia doesn't just try to render everything on the dye and expect all those software shaders to not drag it down.

There was some fuck ups and the ceo got mad. It was around 1:27 into this video twitch.tv/nvidia/v/64989878

who cares, they're shit.

This
RX480 fills that up really nicely and my GTX750 is getting groggy.
I might go for it just for the performance boost.

According to who?

Brand loyal retards most likely

according to me, I just said that.
also several friends of mine.

I say this because I used to have an amd card that couldn't play shit, (nothing optimized for it so couldn't run anything even on lowest graphics) and a friend of mine who got an AMD dual card which never worked for anything either.

kek

the full stream is up on youtube now

youtube.com/watch?v=ZwlQvjwYFEM

Thanks

So, its a cheap card with new tech, fishy to not see GDDR5X instead of GDDR5 as the memory type.
Thats ok for me, that avoid most of the unoptmized and bloated shit that gets released nowdays while only playing at 1080p tops.
It still feels like it will be wrecked by Nvidia in high end shit.
But what the fuck is VR Premium, why choose such stupid name ?

Maybe i will get it when my 7870 dies out.

So you and your friends? I am not convinced.

My card history has been (I had a HP pavilion before this with something I don't know) 6600gt, 9600gt, HD5850, R9 290.

I did notice that the 5850 can max all 1080p games even today at 60 fps however if I had the nvidia equivalent it would have its FPS go down with each driver release. if you can't get the card to work you must have a bad card or not be intelligent enough to get the drivers to work.

Something to think about with that 'brain' of yours. If everyone had bad experiences with AMD cards no one would buy them. My favourite card was my HD 5850 that card was a warrior even when the stock reference cooler died and I put an after market one on and got a massive temp drop and performance boost.

Loyalty to a brand? How pathetic.

"this is a card for the next 3 years "

really selling me on this bro

i'm not trying to convince you. my experience with AMD sucked so I am saying that AMD sucks.

Polaris has always been the cheap, mainstream, price/performance release.
Vega is slated for October, which is meant to be the Fury/FuryX follow up, likely with HBM2 (assuming they can iron out production kinks by then).

It isn't using GDDR5X because they only just started manufacturing it and its probably expensive as shit relative to GDDR5, same reason the 1070 only uses 5. Also, at the level of performance the card is going to put out there would be zero benefit to 5X, since it wont be able to saturate regular 5.

I can already feel the shitposting

I've had several AMD cards, a couple of ATi cards, and a Matrox, plus some other cards in the 80's and 90's. AMD/ATi cards were the only ones that I ever had serious driver problems with. An AMD card was the only one that had an unnaturally short lifespan.

Somehow I've never had an Nvidia card. Always seemed there was too much of a difference in price. But I've concluded that AMD plays fast and loose with their clockings to make their cards seem better than they actually are.

Really hoped to avoid AMD this go around. Guessed they would price at $249. Now that it's confirmed, that cements it.

But it's priced at $199.

For the 4GB model. 8GB will most likely be $249/$299.

I'm not in the market for a 4GB card.

don't insult my intelligence faggot. Games didn't optimize for AMD so the games didn't operate well with the card. I recall specifically trying to play TERA when it was new, and being unable to do so because the card couldn't handle the particle effects. Drivers were updated to all most recent. The dual card my friend had kept trying to be read as two different cards, and thusly had issues, as that set up iswont to do. It as well was incompatible with crossfire.

yeah, my old AMD's had a tendency to overheat at low temps. I would get to about 70C during stress test and see either crashes or stuttering.
can't argue with you there.

8GB is $229

Search for "229" and cry moar, faggot.

wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-480-polaris-10-launch/

(checked)
Shit, I meant for this faggot.

But the other faggot can cry moar, too.

Makes sense.
I was thinking that since the X uses a similar manufacture structure to get manufactured, they would use it all new cards.
So it will be like this ?

Well shit, but i dont think my 7870 will last until than, fuck.

it was already known they'd go for a "mainstream" audience, vega will release later(probably 2017) which i assume will compete with the 1080ti

so are the new cards good?
I didn't want to watch a boring ass stream

I need to build a new pc pretty soon

Double dubs of truth

no but its cheap

Hahaha no, Skylake-E will be a new socket.

I dunno what you mean, I was just poking fun at how the card names are similar to 1080p and 480p

I knew AMD was in bed with MS but this is absurd.

Note how he looks down in a defeated posture. He knows the audience isn't buying it. 3 salutes is way over the top.

a GTX 1080 is NOT $700 its $600 the (FE) of the card is $700. you're a dumb ass if you buy that card

there is only $100 difference between one1080 and two 480s.

also you will only see this boost in games made with this API in mind which is just a hand full at this time. have fun with many games not even detecting the second 480 , waiting weeks for hot fixes from AMD

You really didn't have any to begin with if the reason you don't like AMD is "I can't make the card work". I recently made a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 laptop work with modern games like a champion it took a bit of work but I can play anything that a 5770 desktop card can play.

Not an argument.

Company cucks are a dime a dozen.

and he tries to call anyone dumb. kek

Only dumb goym would think that Intel would take easy with their socket faggatory.

Thats rather high if you just want a 4gb card with a decent power efficiency, but not a great thing.
And 480 should be compared to 1070.

too bad there's only one game to play and that's quake

So will there be price drops in their other cards ?

I'm really hoping R9 390x comes down a bit, I would definitely upgrade if it did.

What? A laptop I got for a cheap price with neat features makes me 'dumb'? I have an ultrabook too for your information and a desktop workstation.

I you really need to read through your comments before you post them and consider "Does this make me look like an idiot? Does this make sense?" do me that favour will you.

When twitch shooters were big I was playing PSX and CRPGs I never really got into Quake.

you should have save the money and upgraded your PC. instead now you're stuck with something that is going to have issues and be more expensive than upgrading/fixing a desktop yourself.

and you're the one that started with the insults, dumbass.

Same.

Hopefully the 390x will be under $200 by black friday.

If I remember correctly there was supposed to be a game of Bombshell running in the 3d build engines

He probably has enough money to spend it on frivolous things.

doesn't mean it's a good idea.
a penny saved is a penny earned.

wait what the fuck ?

I'm sorry you think a factual observation is an 'insult' furthermore you didn't read the part about me having a desktop workstation. The gaming laptop is a fun toy, a portable gaming pc. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they aren't viable.

Also if I wanted a laptop for gaming I would just hook up my R9 290 to my ultrabook as a EGPU and play it at a 10% performance loss. Now about that using your brain before you post you really need to try doing it.

You can go on a 2nd hand site right now and get a gaming laptop for cheap even less than a netbook and clean it up and have it working tip top shape. It is a fun project.

I did do Doom and Duke nukem and Heretic and Blood 1&2 just mostly RPG/FPS.

a gaming laptop doesn't exist, it's an oxymoron.
too many issues with heat, functionality and service.

a gaming computer is always a desktop.

also

why you mad tho?

I agree, but they can be a bit more viable with 14 or 10nm process. Still wouldn't use one on principle but i get why some people would.

So me getting good temps and performance on my laptop or the thousands of people who use ultrabooks with EGPU aren't real?

You're an idiot, a genuine know nothing at least learn what an EGPU is before talking to me you embarrassment. The only actual argument you could have is "Laptops will struggle on CPU intensive games" even then modern CPUs are pretty good.

Even without using an EGPU modern mobile cards are pretty good. You are just a poor person who isn't well educated on the subject they are trying to talk about.

No one is mad at 'fun posting' user but genuinely believing something doesn't work well because 'I don't like it' is pretty silly.

nah, you mad tho

Imagine a teacher in a special needs class calmly explaining simple facts to their 'students' they struggle to grasp the concepts.

That is a valid analogy of what is happening here. Do you think the teacher would be getting mad at the retards or just feel pity for them?

You mind linking your pref? I have been in the market for a nonanemic laptop

not him, but i do know of osicomputers.com, which just sells refurbished/used Dell Optiplexes and Latitude desktops and laptops

Gaming laptops got a bad rap back in the P4 days and it stuck, some people will never accept that thanks to eGPU they're not terrible these days.

Sure the heat build up can be an issue but a laptop fan stand isn't hard to find.

I really hope they can achieve a similar price tag with (at least) the 4 core version of Zen, 6 would be even better. A ~$80 USD motherboard with ~$40 DDR4 would be excellent performance/price.

I use a local one not much help to you.

An online trading site they are common like ebay or even for the normalfag (making a killing off idiots who need the latest gear = getting top hardware for low price ) Facebook buy sell swap computer groups.

Honestly just a troll account with nothing on it for facebook and join your local trading group (watch out for stolen shit).

My most recent PC is made from parts of some guy who wanted to do a top tier build but then he changed his mind and wanted to 'quit gaming and get his life on track' Lol thanks for the cheap parts normalfag wannabe.

What broke my perception of gaming laptops being shit was when they started making ultrabook style laptops with GTX 970 and good quiet cooling.

I couldn't find a single flaw with them (except the price).

So bottom line, I get a 980ti to replace my 660ti, right?

Depends on how low they can go, otherwise a 480/1070 or whatever card holds the best bang per buck title would be wiser.

I lost count of the number of times AMD bullshitted their way through that announcement. My favourite parts were where they were comparing a GTX 1080 to two 480's and claiming there was no perceptible difference when you could quite clearly see that the 1080 was running at much higher settings even before Raja mentioned which side was running on which card (and multi-GPU is a joke in itself), and the part where the Microsoft rep walks in, mentions Win10, a few people put their hand up to say they use it, he then asks how many people like Win10 and only a handful put their hands up and he asks them to submit feedback (while a few people in the audience grin knowingly).

Oh and the fact they kept mentioning that the 1080 is $700 (but of course only the initial Founders Edition cards are, soon there will be $600 cards out). Though that's more Nvidia's dumbass fault for thinking a $700 launch for reference versions of a $600 card was a good idea.

This whole thing was a trainwreck. As a 970 owner this shit is even less interesting than I thought it would be. Suppose I'll be sticking to my plan to buy a 1080 in September unless a 1080Ti is announced by then, seeing as Vega won't be out until 2017 and I already own a 1440p 144hz GSync monitor (and Freesync simply doesn't cut it yet from what I've seen).

I'm sure it's all great if you're a poorfag but I'm done with budget cards myself.

Thanks for the laugh, i really needed it.

Those prices are really damn good. Have you brought anything there yourself?

Facebook is a gold mine for ripping off retards, but the downside is I would have to actually talk to them

Thats my plan for my desktop. I guess Ill see how the 480 v. 1070 turns out before I pull the trigger

Oh rabbi !

So that R9 390x is definitely going to drop in price now right ?

It seems to be around $400 on most sites.

Hopefully we can get that down to $300 range.

I've bought my shitbox Optiplex 790 from them, and just slapped in a new PSU, 8GB of RAM, and a smallish SSD. My only problem is with the Sandy Bridge i5, now my power bill is getting a bit too high for my preference, so I plan on eventually getting a low-powered quadcore ITX box for everything. I've heard somewhat positive things about those quad-core Celeron SoC's like the J1900, so I might check how the newer revision works out.

I found their website via trawling through the 4/g/ archives, for I hadn't seen anybody selling Thinkstations (desktop Chinkpads).

ISHYGDDT

you know why its called the 1080?

because thats the temperature it runs at when idle

Dude, what the fuck, why was he doing the Nazi salute? It's like he lost a bet or something and they were like "do the Nazi salute and see if anyone says anything"

Im looking at the Latitude 6320, a sandy bridge, 8 gigs of ddr3 and a decent graphics processor for that price is a steal for the games I plan on playing on it. I'll just take the SSD out of the laptop im using now.

it's an Inspiron 1545 and this shit is my baby. But it is long over due for retirement stuffed in my closet

Don't buy shitty consumer models from best buy, get an executive/business model.
For HP at least, the business models have full documentation with orderable part number caralogs and disassembly guides. So there is no service concerns.

Microsoft is a modern corporate cult. This isn't hyperbole, several high level lawyers who defected said as much.

He was trained on how to give 3 salutes when talking about how 1 billion devices will be running W10 soon. That's not an odd quirk of his or a lost bet.