44 Days to Monhun Generations release!

44 Days to Monhun Generations release!

6 weeks to go till the biggest and according to nipland best Monster Hunter game yet, i loved 4U till the apex stone bullshit and its nice to actually be excited for an upcoming videogame release in this age of mediocrity and buggy releases.

playing MH4U with Holla Forums was like being a kid again it was so much pure untainted videogame fun and im excited as fuck to do it again.

Who else is ready for the qt huntress storm of 2015 to show up again this July?

Other urls found in this thread:

kiranico.com/en/mhx/mon
gbatemp.net/threads/mh4u-mhx-rom-hacking-guide.425059/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are they adding anything from X? I got it on import and was…a little underwhelmed. Mostly because some weapons had pretty bad stance imbalances.

Also the whole thing felt really easy, even the stupid ticket fights endgame.

No idea yet but i imagine they will make some changes.
Its a sad fact now that the japanese market is in fact far more casual than we are now -largely due to new generations raised on casual mobile games requiring no timing or hand eye coordination and so on- so a fair few games will be easy on import now because they are 'tuned' for the casual japanese audience.

Never thought id see the day where that was the case but apparently its a thing.

So is the release in 6 weeks it's first release in Japan or do you mean it's being released over here in 6 weeks? I only got into the series recently with MH4U but it's been pretty great and I wouldn't mind getting a new game that has some of the older monsters and areas I hear about but don't see.

I hope it doesn't get too casualized. Part of the reason I liked MH was because it's one of the first games i've played in a while that had some challenge and that I could see myself getting better at as I played. Beating some of the tougher monsters I struggle with feels so damn satisfying.

Its been out in japan as Monster Hunter Cross for months. Generations is the english version to be overfilled with french shitters.

What are the odds for a Linux release?

Anyone got a list of monsters not returning

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pardon

They're all returning aside from monster like Ceadeus being a monster that only fights in water

sorry i mean full of
HONHONHONHONHONJESUISUNMONTEHONHONHONHONHON

PLS NO KIG, IS MUSLUM MIGRANTS NOT TRUE FR HON

Nope, OP is also wrong as there are only 64 large monsters in the game, more if you count small monsters for whatever bumfuck reason.

Citation: kiranico.com/en/mhx/mon

70*, my bad

100%

This might be the game to make me pick up a 3ds. is it coming to the states?

parts and materials?

The monsters themselves are not the main meat of the game.

Yes.

Actually i think murrca gets it a couple of days earlier, our releases are a tuesday not a friday.

When you get hit mid charge by a spawned in Bnahabra or charged from across the room by that one rheneplos you didnt notice now and again they matter enough id say.

If you're on top of things, you can play it now on a hacked 3ds. Been able to since japanese release.

I was tempted but my friends finally got into monhun with 4U the last 3 months so ive had lots of extra play out of big guy edition and honestly i kind of want to support one of the few releases in the west not diluted for 'wider market appeal' lest it become another final fantasy or worse dark souls.

It's pointless to hack a 3DS since the only games worth a shit on it are MH games.
It's a MH machine.
You buy the system, buy each MH game, and then that's it.

And don't give me your shitty turn based cheap ass JRPGs as "good games", if i wanted that i'd get a Vita.
If i wanted a good nintendo handheld library i'd play the GBA library until the day i die, the 3DS literally only exists for MH and anyone thinking otherwise is a giant deluded nintendrone that can suck my ass.

MH:Gen is the weakest 3DS monster hunter.
So it's a moot point.
It's also probably not going to have a second version, and it's gonna be the MH3rd of this batch of MH

Hasnt Capcom already been teasing MHC:g at the last shareholder meeting?

I know they confirmed a new monster hunter game announcement that isnt generations or stories.

You're trying way too hard to fit in here, redditfag

I'm a little disappointed. I can see why there's none of the water monsters like Ceadeus and Abyssal Lagi, and for Ivory I know that out-of-water regular Lagi already kind of fills that role the equipment just looks so badass though

The lack of G Rank is really cruddy, but I'm sure the game will still be fun. I'd like to think of this game as a testing ground for stuff to put in/not put into Monster Hunter 5. Maybe so they can add even more hunter arts, balance all the weapons/styles, etc.

I can't wait for Bushido Longsword, Aerial Bow, and Striker SnS though.

Fuck me then

why isn't this thread plagued by the "shill" shitposters that literally every other thread is always full of?

also, console game, shit game

Come on now disninfo goon, nobody shills handheld games, look at peacewalker. nobody bought that shit.

Same here nigga. I started a new character a while back and just hit G rank with him last night.

I'm dying for some fresh material. I really hope we get that eShop demo soon, and I hope they do it like they did for MH4U.

Meh

Soon, Capcom is just testing, hopefully

They need it if they wish to be alive.

I hope so, they must know by now that there is significant money out there in the pc market for them.

fixed that for you. dont tell me im wrong.

I'm like you. I played solo low and high rank, then went online and grinded to G-rank, but as soon as I hit that I stopped playing. I fucking love the game and I don't even know how many hours I put into it but I just kind of lost my appetite. Which is weird as I played Solo 3U on my 3DS up until the last few missions that were just broken solo I'm looking at you, Hallowed Jhen

Here is your reply

It's fucking garbage. Hunting arts and styles make the game retardedly easy
That won't matter because the flood of casuals will all praise them as the greatest thing since they'll let them breeze through the game with absolutely no challenge.
Yeah, but all the casual sales and praise will just encourage Capcom to make the series even more "accessible" to the point they'll probably add QTEs and cinematic finishers.
This game marks the death of Monster Hunter

I bought + played it months ago.

So they insist that there'll never be a Generations U, right? Which means attack values are normal numbers and not gay overinflated coefficients? And no purple sharpness on goddamn anything? If Kiranico is right, there aren't even weapon trees anymore, you just build [monster] sword 1 then upgrade it to 2, 3, etc 9, then some final form, none of which seem to change visually. I'm finding it hard to get excited. No G rank automatically means 50% of the content is missing when compared to a real MH game.

There are weapon trees, the only difference is that there's an at least semi-viable endgame option for every branch on the tree.

The way it works is that levelling up your weapon and upgrading your weapon are separate things. The higher you level up your weapon, the more options you have to upgrade to; the more branches you can choose from.

…I should mention that each branch itself has levels that you can increase, too. So once you upgrade there's still plenty of upgrading that you can do.

Another thing that separates leveling weapons from upgrading them, is that leveling weapons only usually requires 1 specific item, and then the rest can just be a cumulative value of a certain ingredient/monster part. While leveling up a weapon, you don't need to have a specific amount of plates, scales, claws, or what have you - maybe there will be one or two requirements, but the rest should just be a more lenient requirement for you to give enough value of a certain item set. For example; it might want Rathalos parts - lets say it wants a value of 10 of them. Maybe a regular ass scale gives 1 value, while a plate gives 8, and everything else is in-between. It's not exactly those values, I'm pulling them out of my ass, but that's generally how it works.

Personally I thought MHX was fantastic, and way better than MH4U - though that's just my opinion.

Hm, that does sound interesting, and far, far better than what the site appears to indicate. What are the differences between levels and upgrades? Levels are the numbered ones, like sword 1, sword 2, etc? Do swords still switch monster parts at some points, like, just as an example, Ludroth gear becoming Lagi gear as it gets higher?

Yes and yes. Each weapon has a level, and leveling up weapons strengthens them while unlocking more upgrade paths. Upgrade paths are more or less the standard weapon tree from the previous games.

YOU'RE GIVIN' ME A GIGGLE M8
If by "cb balanced" you mean it's the exact same strength but the skill ceiling and floor were dropped harder than Evolve's playerbase, so that shitters can just mash B and kill everything while invincible, then sure.

Glaive is the same strength, other weapons just got a ton of bullshit like above to catch up.

also

So i downloaded portable 3rd hd texture pack and im really enjoying it. Are the changes from freedom unite to portable 3rd in the newer monster hunters? If so, i might actually pick up a cheap 3ds and the new MH.

Monster Hunter Cross is more or less Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: 2

This the one with the Madoka crossover right?

Noticeably not as good as 4U, especially without the effect extender.

Level is just "weapon becomes better"
upgrade is "weapon changes appearance… maybe

Honestly I dislike the upgrade system, I felt like there was less progress when I actually did upgrade because it was just the same thing but with more attack. (I like it looking different more often)

Honestly I think it's the weakest 3DS MH. There's not much to do, I mean you can hit super endgame in.. I have 100 hours clocked and I'm 100% finished outside of RNGing a perfect Palico

Monhun on big screen when?
I mean it's a genre the least fit for portables, yet games like this are mostly on portables.
What the fuck japs are thinking?

Portable consoles are the best selling consoles in Japan this gen. Publishing on them allows for largest userbase.

Development of HD game from "scratch", including HD textures and such is very expansive and time consuming.

For capcom it's simply more money to release on 3DS

What are 4X, RTS, fighting games, etc? MH is a Jap game, which means it's for use on the train or bus or whatever public transportation. If they tried moving it to a console, the console version wouldn't sell because they just don't actually buy home consoles. Also what genre are we talking about here? Action games? Mostly on portables? In what universe?

Well I'm not japan, fuck portables.

As a matter of fact anything turn-based work perfectly fine on anything, portables and phones included. Action games? Absolutely not.
Just no.

If you're not the target audience then you can fuck off for all anyone cares.

But shitting on SJW games here is ok, even though Holla Forums isn't target audience? Nice argument there.

idk fam, works fine on my machine B^)

Has there been a CE announced yet?

Clearly SJW games and walking simulators do try to appeal to the largest portion of the population by pushing their crappy agenda and making it seem acceptable and hip.

Hence mainstream. You (we) can criticize those all we want.

The only good things about this are

Mega Man X mobile was a mistake.

We don't demand that SocJus games change their message/appeal to interest us, though. We really just want them to stop being corrupt Marxist scumbags. The fact that they make shitty games is really just a detail.

And killing shit to wear it as hat is somehow niche?
U dunno man, I love me some monhun, but I want to play it properly, not like some fucking subhuman from africa.

Stopped reading there. You're full of shit.

Oh, I forgot to ask something.

?

still Charm autism
don't you worry

Same system as MH4U.

Charms were a mistake.

(Checked)

That's like the ONE THING I want Capcom to go full fucking casual on. Let me pick and choose what charm I need based on game progress. Make me trade that Rajang dick for it idc.

Capcom's catering to casuals the wrong fucking way.

What was different about how previous games handled charms? At least it's not the bugged system from 3U, where some tables actually contained zero good charms and were a permanent part of your file.

Enjoy the nonsense.

Oh, and the stealth keys needed for the big four too. Keep an eye out for those fuckers. There's going to be a lot of "WHAT QUESTS DO I DO AT 4 STAR OFFLINE" incoming.

Good thing it's FUCKING EASY MODE minus Blagonga

Besides the fact that individual kitchen food upgrades are less important since there are so much more of them now, I'm pretty sure MH4U had egg quests that were needed to unlock ingredients. Also, cat missions to unlock more cat shit makes sense doesn't it?

I'll admit that it's been 6 fucking months since I had to deal with 4 star offline, but what was the deal with that again? I remembered having some annoyances unlocking the quests for the "Fated Four" or whatever the fuck Crapcom USA is calling them, but it wasn't really that bad.

Unless they change it, there was literally NO MENTION as to what you need to do to get to the fated four without a guide.

The story didn't mention it, and you just kinda had to dick-suck the different regions with similar missions. They didn't highlight as keys either, so you would be theoretically searching blind until you got lucky and/or looked it up.

Not like the offline's fun in MHG/X anyway. Online's the shit, otherwise.

Ackthually…
In MH4U the egg delivery crap was paramount to access Red Fatalis in caravan offline

Crimson*

I'm pretty sure at least one of the egg gathering quests gave ingredients too.

How is that any different from some of the earlier games? Anyway - if I'm starting to remember right, you just had to keep doing sidequests for the village elders right? I'm pretty sure they were going for a MHP3rd thing where you had the Bulldrome quest that led into Zinogre… but with all 4 of the flagships. Hell, didn't the Tamamitsune one have a Bulldrome in it too?

lol no thanks.

Pretty much this, every time I played MH on my 3ds I felt like I was going to break it

Fighting games are fun on portables though. I've had many a good hour playing Fate/Collliseum with some friends, and i'd kill for even a port of Virtua Fighter.

If he liked pirating he wouldn't get a 3DS, he'd get a PS2, PSP, or Wii

This looks cooler than MHG.
What the fuck man.

I've heard a lot of shit about Monster Hunter Frontier G being complete shit. I've heard they have a lot of monsters that are just copies of other monsters with a different element and a bunch of spikes applied to the design. A lot of people don't really care for the over-the-top shit in that video you posted but personally I think it's sort of neat, as it's like it's reimagining Zinogre as an Elder Dragon that could bring nations to ruin.

It's kinda cool but I've seen some designs and some shit that puts me off, but it still looks kind of interesting. Personally I think 4U is the best Monhun yet, which makes me happy as generally I'm a huge faggot for the older games in a franchise; my favorite Kirby is Super Star/Super Star Ultra and I like the designs of the first generation of Pokemon the best. But damn if 4U isn't a beautiful game. Takes Monhun and makes it play a lot more smoother while still retaining the core gameplay. It even adds a bunch of features too.

I still adore Freedom and Freedom Unite though. It's just that 4U feels very refined and it has a shitload of content. I'm kind of interested to see if they'll make a Generations Ultimate and if they'll have over 100 monsters in it and if they're refine the gameplay and fix the flaws people have been talking about. I'd like to see Nyantas become stronger considering that I've heard they're weak, and I wanna see some of the styles and weapons fixed. Maybe have Bushido take like 1.3 times more damage but be a champ at evading, and make Striker attack a little faster. I've heard Long Sword is shit when compared to Switch Axe, so maybe give it a basic power/speed buff? I unno though so, hey. I'll see when I play it as maybe Generations might fix some of the balancing issues.

Lets talk hunter etiquette, Holla Forums.

I was playing MH3U on Wii U today and a good portion of my pet-peeves were performed today. Here's my unspoken code of conduct:

When hosting a room I:

I will kick you if:
>you criticize my weapon choice, I main GS

When entering a room I:

I will leave your room if:
>I'm the first person to enter and you say "post a quest"; I'm hr 500+ I have everything and I'm here for fun, I entered expecting to join something, If I wanted to do something specific I would've hosted my own room

I will quietly dislike you and be less likely to use lifepowders if:

So, is this supposed to be the hot new copypasta or

w-what's the big issue? don't all you have unspoken rules as well?

I'm pretty sure they stop being 'unspoken' once you start virtue signalling that you have them.

Could be just me, though.

Listen, buddy. I love Monster Hunter and I don't wanna be rude here or anything. In fact I'm happy to see someone who likes playing the game, but, let me explain..
I can understand this if you're trying to focus on one quest and not go silly with crazy stuff but that conflicts with
Because you're essentially forcing them to do your quest, which isn't the case from what we see here. You just want people to be polite for whatever reason when politeness should be a thing that is given to you by others and cherished instead of something forced out of others mouths whether they mean it or not because you can't stand to see someone not use the word "please". It's more genuine if people legit mean it. Don't let them become hollow, dead words.
Why is it so important that people say hi to you? People aren't there to always say hi n shit, they wanna beat the shit out of some monsters. They're entering your own room to help you fight that monster you wanted to beat up so desperately or to enjoy your company and play some good Monhun with you; take that as the most polite greeting they could give you. You'd kick a man and prevent him from playing with you and having fun only because he didn't physically take the time to type out "Hello" on the tiny-ass 3ds keyboard.
I can understand this. Sometimes you just wanna chill out and you don't want some guy sperging at you for silly reasons, y'know? This is completely reasonable.
So what you're saying is that, while you want to have fun and don't want tryhards, you kick people who dare wear a certain set of armor or don't set a trap? What happened to being polite and trapping the monster for your fellow hunters? What about helping newbies get that fresh, new set of armor and imagining that smile on their face as they had that pro-ass bro jump in and let them take up a slot on their team just so he could get them a comfy, fresh new set of powerful armor that will help them stand stronger against more powerful monsters?

Listen, buddy. I'm sorry to say this but, fuck, some people just want to have fun and hunt monsters without going "Hey guys lets hunt this!". Some people are happy to jump in and help others with their hunts, even if they don't ask. And saying hello? C'mon that's silly. They're happy that you're there to help them and they're probably smiling on the inside at the fact that they have a hunter to help them. Not everyone has to say hi to you and, if they do, it's not because they respect your rules, they just took the time to randomly say hi. Why would you hold a grudge against someone for not greeting you? It's silly.
Now, alright, buddy. You're going to leave because someone said that they thing GS is a little slow and they don't like it? I can understand if they're being a dick about it but, hey, if they don't like using GS that's okay. And if they think it's weak? Prove to them that your favorite weapon can kick some major ass.
They're just monster drops. It's a game and you're here to have fun. You said you hate tryhards, right? Just smile and laugh at the goofy shit that happens.
Fair enough. If some guy thinks he's the boss of some stranger and you don't really wanna go all pro and destroy a monster in minutes, just leave his room. I don't really wanna play with DOTA 2 players either.
I can.. sort of understand this? The fact that you go XDD to make them look like they're bad instead of just saying that you don't like it is always something I've associated with shitposters and fags, but, you don't really seem like a shitposter, so, hey.
Now you're gonna leave because someone used a different kind of greeting? C'mon that's still greeting you, bro. They took their time to say hi to you and that's pretty nice I suppose. But it's mad wicked silly to get upset because they said "what's up" I mean shit isn't greetings what you wanted from others? You want greetings so bad and when it's the wrong form you leave.
So, someone lets you pick the quest. They go out of their way to go "Hey buddy, you wanna pick the quest?", being polite, something that you adore so much from others. You're there to have fun, right? Not to be a hard-ass about it. Just go and play some Monhun with your bros and pick the quest. They're offering to help you kick the ass of a monster of your choice. That's pretty polite and bro-tier if you ask me.

Oh c'mon that's the funnest shit. You don't take any damage and, if you're not carving anything and just wandering around, it's hilarious to set bombs and make you and your friends fly all over the place. One time I set a bomb behind us as the quest was ending and we all struck our flexes right when there was a huge explosion behind us; one guy fell over because of it and it was honestly a pretty funny freeze-frame for the quest to end on.
Aw shit man, female characters have different armor looks. Why wouldn't you want to play as a girl in a save file just for a little bit to see what the armor looks like? I have a female in MH3U and a male in MH4U, Freedom, Tri, Freedom Unite, and Portable 3rd. It's fun to have different kinds of characters to play around with. You're gonna deny people healing when they're just having fun like you want so much from the game?
So you don't want people to choose the popular picks in things? You don't want people to use popular armor sets and you don't want people to name themselves after fictional characters you don't like. Buddy, listen. They're having fun and they're showing what kinds of fiction they like; they might be shitty fictions in your eyes but they love them nonetheless. Opinions are subjective and you gotta open your eyes to the fun that others could have.
So someone gives you tips and info about a weapon and why you might not like it so you can make a better choice on what weapon you wanna use, and you deny them an extra bit of healing after they write up a big message just to try to help you out? For all of these; I can understand not wanting to heal someone as often for some reasons but these are just silly.
Yeah this is sort of a silly thing to do but, you're not a tryhard, right? You just wanna have fun, right? Who cares what the other players do when you're just there to have fun and sit back with some good hunts. You have a fair bit of cognitive dissonance going on there. Why don't you wanna have a rainbow of meats all over the ground and watch the Jho play Pac-Man? What's wrong with them using a weapon of their choice when you explicitly stated that you hate being criticized for your weapon choice? Fuck man, you hate when others choose their own armors as well and you still hate it when people don't like what you choose. Don't be so petty over silly little things when you're just there to have fun; it ruins it for other people. You don't seem to understand that other human beings are playing and they have their own desires, too. You want them to cater to yours but, fuck, you really don't care at all about what they think, afterall, you can just leave and reap around for the next batch of people who will cater to you.

I'm really sorry for being rude about it when I said I didn't want to be. I just wanted to fill you in on why others might have a problem with what you said and why I thought it was silly to do all of this when you stated you weren't a tryhard. I took the time to write this up for you and while I might've been a little rude, I hope you can look at what I said and realize what others meant. I spent a fair bit of time on this just for you.

You are almost as bad as your average french fucker.

This thread is why I'm glad I'm just going to stick to playing with the japs.

wew

Are we being raided or something?

Its just their way of venting their autism user, raid or no raid.

Same dude that criticized you. I suppose I'll bite and share my general idea of what I do when I hunt. Generally I'm like:

```When hosting a room I:```

```I will kick you if:```

```When entering a room I:```

```I will leave your room if```

```I will quietly dislike you and be less likely to use lifepowders if:```

Is it coming to PC? Otherwise i don't care about shitty handhelds lmao.

Sorry for the autism, Anons. I just wanted to explain to that one user about why others might've been shitting on him and to tell him why I thought some shit he said was bad. One short idea of a post turned into a wall of text and I didn't really feel like stopping since I had so much done.

I have a bad habit of going on forever because I just get lost in writing shit, and my posts tend to go on forever because of that, sometimes.

It's not really fitting into what others want from others here but I just sorta wanted to go and explain that to him. Didn't mean for it to be that long at all but, by the time I was done with it, shit, it was huge.

Hopefully. I'd like to see it on PC and yeah, spending a chunk of money on a new system isn't always the funnest thing when you just wanna play a single game. It works great on the 3ds but I'd like to see a PC release, too.

I just think it's incredibly rude to barge into a room with three other hunters whom may have done some pre-planning expecting, and in some cases demanding, that they all stop what they're doing to help you out with your quest.
Saying any form of "hello" when you enter is the bare minimum politeness you can show to your fellow hunters with whom you'll depend on in the quests to follow, I don't require any more chatting, just a hello. I only host "Turns" rooms where each hunter posts a quest after eachother in the order of the playerlist so anyone entering should come in expecting to wait their turn.
If they're playing MH3U over the internet with their 3DS they shouldn't be playing in the first place IMO since it would require a Wii U anyway. Chances are they're playing on the WiiU Gamepad or a Pro controller with which all it takes to say hello is to use a shoutout or use the larger-than-the-3ds's keyboard.
Helios Z is ugly, has bad resistances, and is the first G rank armor you can obtain and says plenty about what kind of hunter you are.
I think it's dickish to demand everyone back off the monster and use one of their only traps to fulfill your desire to cap.
That's all fine and dandy, just communicate your desires before we begin the quest so I can prepare accordingly.

Like I said before, it's the bare minimum politeness, friendliness and respect you can show to the others in the room.
My light purple username will show that I'm at least hr100+, I think that should be enough experience to tell you that I chose this weapon for a reason. Saying you think the GS is slow and shit isn't what gets my goat, it's shit like "hey this thing is weak to water, don't use the Cera Symmetry, the GS with the highest raw attack power in the game, use a weaker one with water element."
Don't you dare say that when I had to grind 40+ Diablos over a span of a few days just to get one Hardhorn
If you're purposely hitting me when I'm trying to gather then that show's your the epitome of a dick. I consider this the worst disrespect you can possibly inflict upon your fellow hunter.
This is purely autism on my part, I don't like to talk much when I play and what does a complete stranger care about how my day went? I won't take the time with the chat's 30 character limit.
What's Holla Forums's character limit btw?

Autism on me once more; I have to be in the mood for it. The more fun and talkative the group, the more I tolerate and participate in it.
I just think it's gay. I don't buy the whole "I like to look at the girl's butt" thing. Also, the male armor is better 80% of the time, but that's just, like, my opinion, man.
Autism on my part once again. I feel disdain towards people who follow trends or choose the easy way out. I often find myself a fan of underdogs or obscure stuff; my favorite armor is Nibelsnarf X which I rarely see used. It looks great and Quick Sheath is a fantastic skill.
See my prior weapon criticism explanation, though, if your intent is to be helpful, my "you think you're better than me?" autism flares.
If he eats one kind of meat twice, the second won't take effect because he gained some immunity to it, he just gets a full belly and regained stamina.
Kelbi bow is for lazy people who want to cheese their way through the quest and while I'm charging my GS they make the monster stagger right out of range of my level three swing too damn often because I don't like to use the Focus armor skill.
At least I'm not rude enough to straight up tell them their armor is shit and they should change it.
All I want catered to me is a hello and some respect. 9 times out of 10 if I stay in a room where these two are not met the quests go awfully.

fucking avatarfags

Do you even play the game? All of your posts are shit.

I thought he was gonna take things and think about it rather than try and defend himself. It's why I wrote the post; to try and explain things to him since he was confused.

I guess he's not into that though so, eh, if he's gonna go his own way I can't really do anything about that, can I? I wish him luck in whatever he does; no hard feelings.

Still can't believe he legit wants to continue acting this way about it, though, but I guess we're all different.

Don't go acting all high and mighty just because you're repugnantly nice with the people you encounter online.

Does that include small monsters? If not, how many new large ones are there?

Favorite Monster, every one?
I like the Kecha Wacha a lot.

Forgot to add that I'm really happy that he's coming back in Gen/back in X

**Thats a tiny bit autistic user.
The only solid etiquette i have is
armwrestle anybody who accepts the challenge

That's righteous as fuck, user.

I don't know anything about this game, but tell me. Are Longswords usable again? I hated the pauses you'd get in 4U from spirit sword combos, so does anyone know if they're gone in generations?

I want to call you a faggot with shit opinions.
But sadly I know better. Industry crash when?

Who cares if we need the next crash? Do it anyways.

So, I'm pretty much getting this game for all the great monsters including ones retruning as well as new moves and the fun shit I can do with Hunting Styles. Does its content hold up?

I mean, I'm still getting it, but I was hoping for a 1500 hour game, not a 250 hour game.

try 100-150.
250+ if you're charm farming or trying to max out HR. or you know edit charms in like a sane person, they made the cheat detection way better so the charms actually have to be able to exist

So is it confirmed that Crapcom won't make an updated rerelease 4 months after X hits US shores or will they jew the fuck out of the playerbase?

Either way still fucking about in 4U, just finished Helios set as my go to Rank 10 armor, worth the investment but holy fuck was C.Maggy stingy with the contrary scales.

ROM hacking MH4U and MHX is possible now.

gbatemp.net/threads/mh4u-mhx-rom-hacking-guide.425059/

You can try replacing textures and music now but it could be possible to do something cooler than that like adding new monsters.

For MHX, too? Damn that's rad as fuck. Hopefully there'll be a way to add new music files and add new flags for them to play so each monster can have their own theme song. There are enough songs in the series to find a way to make it work, I think. And if not, then it'll be fine anyways because the new amounts of music will spice things up.

Also shit, doesn't this mean they can fix the balance issues in MHX if they get that far? That'd be great and honestly I'd prioritize that over new monsters, as a new monster seems like an awful lot of work. Unless they're shitpost monsters like n64 models that geddon all over the place and scream inane shit from youtube videos, then that'd probably be easier to make.

I don't know why but for some reason I want the monsters and locations from X put into 4U as some sort of 4 Ultimate Ultimate kind of thing. I guess it's because I kinda like 4U a little more than X. It's kinda weird but maybe not that hard since both games run on the same engine but I'm not too sure if anyone with the skill would care to do it.

Is anyone of you or know this autistic edgy faggot that comments cringey shit on every MH page's post on Facebook?

Figured to ask here cause the faggot uses chan terms like implying, mfw. Etc on Facebook
[spoiler]>Facebook
Yeah goddammit I'll killmyself[/spoiler]

Please kill yourself already.

One, you can't spoiler.
Two, the guy has a girlfriend so there's a 99.9% chance he's not from here.

Probably either from cuckchan or reddit or both and hopefully not fucking here

Yeah I forgot my bad. Haven't been here for awhile.

Nah, I'd rather be single and miserable than have that 0/10 booty.

>gbatemp.net/threads/mh4u-mhx-rom-hacking-guide.425059/

I fucking want this so badly.

Does it fall short to 4U?

Is this the working MH thread at the moment? If so, is anyone playing 4U right now?

make a hall and I'll join if you're still there user.

dammit I really need to pay better attention to time stamps

Not very well.
Basically the hunting styles are incredibly unbalanced and it feels like a game with good ideas but meh execution.
Hunting Artes vary too wildly for certain weapons ranging from Obscenely good (Duel Sword) to Fucking why bother (Hunting Horn). There are some generic ones (which you use if your weapon specific ones suck) but in general they're only okay and nothing compared to the good ones.
This leads to it basically being Bushido is the best unless if nerfs the fuck out of your move set, because the bushido roll is that good. Ariel style is only good for certain weapons, Guild is the old classics but once again you're giving up a super dodge for it so it really comes down to Does Bushido nerf your moveset horribly if no pick bushido. I've only seen people use striker with Duel Swords.

There is literally no reason to purchase or even pirate one single Japanese video game localized for the West. Not one single one. ESPECIALLY not a Nintendo one.

Is it you?

Are you viralling yourself?

So i saw there is no G rank
Will the dlc make it last as long as 4

Also what monsters/sub specied returning/not returned
I miss the gigganox

Top tier reddit post m8.

That's standard. Fuck off and host your own room dammit.

That usually means French/Spanish/German hunters.

Grills have best looking mixed armor.

If anyone has MHX, how is the Switch Axe? Do the different arts help it any?

The axe form effectively doesn't exist in generations. With the arts, you can stay in sword form for the whole hunt.

About the same, it's the best application of Ariel Style though, if that's gonna help.
The artes are pretty good, perma-sword (that gives either an affinity boost by 30% or a good attack boost I forget which. Whatever one it doesn't give gets it's own art) and the generic "you do a big hit".
Too bad the striker moveset for it is literal garbage or else it would maybe be worth it. Aerial or Guild for SA though

How fun is Aerial? It's actually a main reason I'm excited just because I'll be able to jump all over the fucking place with weapons like GS, SA and CB.

Is this coming out for pc?

This isn't a very good mehmay.

It's an honest question.

When Citra is finished.

That's kind of creepy. I remember I used citra as a character name in MGO2.

Anyway, that means it's for 3DS which means absolute discardment.

Tammy is waifu.

okay bud

Bitch if you're trying to bring up shit you read on the wiki without even reading the whole thing I will slap your shit

Is it bad to just focus on a single weapon when you start a new game? I pretty much scattered over all of them in MH4U.

Focusing on one weapon is a good way to master that weapon, but if you're just starting you you should try them all. Leave the single weapon only runs for later, once you're sure you've found your favourite. Also don't do a bowgun-only run until you know how to get as much money as possible, because bullets can be pricy.

Straight out of the mouth of the devs, all tamas you fight are male all gammoths are female. deal with it scalelord.

Most people main a weapon, but you should try them all out. For the most part I main long sword and Greatsword, but I also like Bows and Bowguns.

Every tama seen in game is male because the species is normally docile and would rather just run away but the males become aggressive during breeding season. To imply that females don't exist at all would make you retarded.
And this is just bullshit.

So I'm trying to adopt Gunlance into my reptoirre, but the fucking thing is so unwieldy it hurts, especially compared to the normal lance. It's bad enough giving up rolls, but with GL I only get one slow one as opposed to lances fast bunnyhops, so I wind up eating shit when I need to escape quicker monsters (Practicing against Brachydios was a mistake I think), but in general I just cant seem to find a rhythm to my attacks as compared to any other weapon. Anyone have any tips on how to make this awkward fuck work in my favor?

okay but it doesn't have g rank, does it?
the only reason to even play is to see the real versions of all the monsters

it replaces your dodge with a stupid hop, basically you sacrifice any and all mobility for that hop.
Certain monsters topple in like 2 jumps.
It also has an awful moveset on the whole. The GS loses the level 3 charge (it can instead do it while airborn but good luck getting that off).

CB it's useless on, you sacrifice a ton for basically nothing.

SA it's great on, the one weapon I'd say it's actually worth it, you don't sacrifice much outside of your dodge, and your damage is still good.

Since when has the MH community been so tryhard? I haven't played for 6 months and I got constantly kicked out of rooms without even getting to hunt and one faggot asked me if I had better set. So I guess it was my skills.

My set is quite good I think. Not the best, but for GS it is quite basic.
Focus, honed blade, crit draw and gloves off +1
got GQ weapon better than cera that had 1 more slots too so I got the skill for "free" since the armor already almost gave it

I have never kicked anyone out because of their skills. Though I have never seen anyone with joke gear. But as long as they can carry their own weight, who cares about their skills?

probably FR wanting a carry.

Honest question, why even have a G-rank? G-rank makes the inclusion of a low rank kind of redundant dontcha think? The low rank monsters die if you breath on them with G-rank weapons and armor anyway.

How many MonHun games are there? It's the fucking japanese CoD and you retards just keep eating it up and supporting Crapcom's shitty practices by buying this shit.
inb4 muh piracy.
Lmao, if you played one Monster Hunter then you played them all. Don't even get met started on how it looks barely better than MH Freedom from fucking 2005

[anonymous person on the internet wants everyone to know he doesnt like them liking thing they like, internet continues business as usual]

You input means a lot friend.

[anonymous person on the internet gets buttblastered over the truth about his favorite franchise, proceeds to shitpost]
Sankyuu

Sometimes I have thought the same thing. Just move the few new moves to high rank and make the difference between low rank and high rank behavior different. And some stat changes. Then the new high rank would replace the g-rank.

But I don't mind there being three ranks. And having more quests keeps me playing longer even when they are basically the same quests with harder monsters. In p3rd I wished there was g-rank. But on the other hand it was easier to get almost 100% save on p3rd. I think I only missed handful of crowns.

HNNNNNNNNGHHH

Is that only possible on modded 3ds?

Shingeki no Kyojin is shit and I'm sure it's possible on any monster hunter game, Tri and afterward, as long as the hardware has been cracked and allows for pallette swaps.

Yeah, you need CFW or homebrew for MH4U and only CFW for MHX

I just think it massively fits the theme of Devijho.
Did you know that texture has actually been used in a mobile mh game, and when that specific Devijho goes enraged, he emits steam just like the giants?
HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE GIANT MEATY DINOSAUR MUSCLE??!?

it looks cool, sure, but the manga/anime the skin was inspired from is shit

Same, but I don't let my dislike for the anime/manga change my tastes, cause I'm not a bitter fag and I like to enjoy nice things

I know its cancer but I want that model, hope I get a good monster and not shit

i actually have to preorder since my area actually sells out day one, has done since tri.

i imagine kids today would find the idea of pre ordering for reasons other than dlc utterly befuddling.

Dismiss. How to identify a retard on Holla Forums.

Nearly every 126+ kush room online right naow:
How do these guys handle Rusty Kush?

Every 126+ Teo room online right naow:

Gog has abandoned us.