Will Nintendo ever make another game with as imaginative well designed elements as Doki Doki Panic?

Will Nintendo ever make another game with as imaginative well designed elements as Doki Doki Panic?

Game of the year baybee

Nintendo is creatively bankrup just like every other AAA company user.

This, I think they should do an initiative where they employ anons on Holla Forums to be game designers to creatively enrich the market again.

Why does Mario have his leg in his crotch?

I really don't understand why they're not having younger people at the company brainstorm and try to make cool new shit. Are they really planning on riding on their old IPs forever? It feels like it's been the same thing over and over for awhile now.
(Things like Wonderful 101 or Splatoon might be neat ideas, but compared to their past achievements it's pretty much nothing. I find it kind of sickening how people act like they're such game changers.)

i think his right leg actually being his penis was his original, intended, design.

STIIIIIIILL THE KING

Didn't they throw loads of ideas into Super Mario 3D World just because they actually made a level editor thus didn't have to do a lot of manually?

They had baseballs, goomba suits, brought back kuribo's shoe as an ice skate, piranha plants as a weapon, a japanese themed level, transparent pipes, cat suit, etc. There were plenty of ideas in that game that weren't necessarily done before.

I would say they have more creativity than companies that crank out generic "cinematic" third person shooters that are so lazy they have regenerating health just so they don't have to place health items & do extra play-testing to balance them out.

Manchildren will ALWAYS buy the next Mario, Pokémon or Zelda user. They don't have to come up with anything new.

Ofcourse the problem is that Nintendo can't reach children anymore.

Jap superiority means whatever your elders/superiors say goes even if it's a bad idea and everybody in the room knows it, they're the elder so what they say goes

Though they're not creatively bankrupt whatsoever, 3D World was a melting pot of a shit-ton of goofy ideas like mentioned since they didn't have to do horrendously much as far as work on levels went, Splatoon's literally a post-apocalyptic game as well as Nintendo's take on objective-based/arena shooters, they've got way more left in 'em than most every other company.

Creative ways to shake things up is cool, but when Mario2/doki came out it just did so many things different that it felt like some crazy new thing to me. With how big everything was and all the different stuff you end up doing it just feels really fresh compared to most games, where you just walk left to right and jump on everything.

They killed Wario and Paper Mario, and if it wasn't for Good Feel I'd say Yoshi was dead too. They brought back Star Fox but they rushed it, and they didn't give a shit about Metroid this entire generation. Xenoblade X with all it's glitter failed to reach the heels of the original, and Fire Emblem is getting milked for all it's worth, to almost pokemon levels now.

They started locking actual non-cosmestic content behind amiibos now and that's absolutely fucking disgusting, and the fact that they are acknowledging mobile and DLC as huge money makers makes me think it's going to spiral downwards to irredeemable levels.

Not to mention the latest record of censoring and outright removing content, like how they took an entire ending out of bravely default because people might be sad. Fucking hell, they think their fans are babies, not even children.

Splatoon was a breath of fresh air I admit, but they've just been going straight down and honestly I don't have much hope for Zelda and I have zero hope for the NX.

I cannot imagine anything good coming out of their E3 presentation. I have just about lost all hope.

Well, for people who strictly want Mario it might be, but I'm glad this game was presented as something so big, because if they used the original characters and everything it probably wouldn't have stood a chance here. I suppose they could have released Mario 2 and reskinned the Doki game and called it Super Mario Something Else though.

Splatoon came out last year, OP

Wasn't that Square Enix's decision due to Nipponese metrosexual agnst testers?

Nintendo used to resist thanks to the American fanbase created due to the 90% of monopoly they had during the NES era. Also, let's not forget the record sales of Super Mario Bros (40 million units sold worldwide, 30 of which in America alone).

This 40 million of players have been more or less loyal to Nintendo consoles during the entire 90's and early 00's.

It's not until the WiiU era where I have actually noticed a decrease of support to Nintendo consoles, probably due to old Nintendo fans abandoning gaming, which, combined with the fact that there doesn't seem to be a new generation of Nintendo customers replacing those who are leaving, leaves Nintendo in a situation where they must do some drastic change.

Those people are exactly why Mario games have became such repetitive rehashed drivel now.

Honestly I'm not sure, though there's enough stuff about the treehouse removing dialogue and injecting memes to still put them in the negative when it comes to localization.

And I'm not trying to hate them, I've owned all the consoles since the N64. I know that they can do cool shit, but man, they're just doing poorly on just about every level now.

I miss when the biggest criticisms were region locking and saying that all mario games are the same, but now it feels like every franchise is going to shit.

Ohohohoho.

Not anymore, I haven't bough an actual Nintendo Game since Bowser's Inside Story.

Nintendo is shit now, shitty shit shit.

Except for Kirby Robobot
Kirby is always good

SMB2 USA > SMB2 JP everyday.

When the doki doki meme shit is gonna end?