How shit is it?

How shit is it?

people only play it for the story, its that shitty.

Yeah it's a bad game because the graphics aren't Crysis foliage tier, bad graphics make a bad game

I played a buggy pirated version when it first came out, it played alright. Combat was weird and at times straight up unfair, but still fun.

Do people only play it for the titties? I remember playing TW2 and fucking hating it because of how shit the combat was, but I liked it in this one.

Combat could be much better, but the story is okay to great at points. It's around a 7/10 I guess.

It's good.

I can't tell if you're asking for real opinions or absolutely disregarding opinions about it…

I get the impression it's a troll thread.

It's one of the most enjoyable games I've played lately and a solid 9/10; maybe even a 10/10 if you have a rig that can run it maxed out.

Polish barn magic is real, user.

Now I need to wait for all of my mods to get unfucked because the new DLC landed ahead of time and broke everything.

This
I'd give it about a 7/10
Combat is better than 2, still not that great, just spam protection sign and dodge
Story is a bit hamfisted at times, they really tried to ram the books into the game and ended up rewriting characters, cutting out half of two, basically copying the plot of the first

It's worth a pirate at the least, if you're buying say $25/30

The first expansion, Hearts of Stone is way better than the base game since it avoids the "muh epic quest"

Pretty much the last two witcher games. Gameplay is bottom of the barrel trash, rest is top tier.

I got bored after the tutorial area. 7 hours in and I figured that I would do the same shit found in it over and over ad nauseum.

In TW3? Hyperbole as fuck.The combat isn't the second coming of christ, but to call it trash is ridiculous. You can cut guys in half and set his friends on fire, FFS.

Combat in something like Skyrim is trash; Witcher at least tries.

And I'd be interested in hearing what RPG has good combat.

I don't think I've played an RPG with good combat. I guess Dragon's Dogma had good combat but that game got old after the cyclops fight.

Also TW has what can be called Arkham combat, and I fucking hated Arkham's combat so I'm calling it trash.

The last expansion is coming out today, right? Does anyone know exactly when?

Poles are slavs?

been enjoying it, i dont why fags shit up on the graphics, game looks pretty damn great on ultra at 1440p. Combat is pretty simple but if you play on pc, theres mods that can change up combat so you dont spam quen and light attack like a faggot, you can also try not to be a fag and parry any humanoid enemies instead of rolling around. Story is entertaining, more so the side quests. Heart of Stone is top tier though.

BamHam is straight up a rhythm game, no matter what difficutly you play it on, its piss easy. Witcher 3 also has a timing effect but shit is different on deathmarch

today

Action rpgs with good combat made outside of japan are rarer than unicorns, user. Most of them are worse than W3, in fact - but after two games and millions of dollars for a company to learn how to do it, that CDPR decided to just copy and paste arkham is almost an insult to everyone that plays it.

silly user, they couldnt make the game run in all systems, so they started over and lowered everything to run in consoles.

No, none of the TW games has Arkham combat. For TW3 they said they liked its counter system and wanted to add it, they did add it but you won't be using it most of the time as it doesn't work on monsters.

I know nigger, I meant how many hours we have to wait for it?

I think it's because RPGs focus so much on the stats that they forget "oh yeah, shit, there's supposed to be combat in this, too."

my bad user, i though i typed the hour. im mountain zone and it unlocked around 6pm today

Wait, it's out already? Fucking hell I didn't know

Hm. I don't think TW3's combat is perfect, but for the game it is I think it's fine. Personally, I found the need to switch between seals, potions, and all that shit more annoying than the actual swordplay.

I'm not sure if Dragon's Dogma's combat is better or worse than Witcher 3's. I feel like DD's is pretty shallow but you notice it less because you're surrounded by pawns. I will say that the whole 'jump on the monster's back/arms/legs/etc' would be absolutely at home in Witcher and is something CDPR should have stolen.

This is Reddit-tier justification. "Oh you can see some fancy pre-rendered kill moves, what a fantastic and novel game!". Fact is you're not swinging specifically to cut him in half, you're pressing a button and the witcha does a bunch of fancy swings. How is this any different from what others have mentioned with the Arkham-esque combat? Of course they added shitty rolling and spells to the mix, but most of these are shit and only Quen really has any real use.

The main complain most people have with the game itself revolves around CDPR removing much of the prior preparation both the first game and the books tend to emphasize about the world, and that a witcher is only marginally stronger than the average schmuck. But when you're swinging around and cutting guys in half as you mentioned, it forms both a break in the lore (which many people cite as a main draw for players) and player agency in actually accomplishing anything, due to the simplified nature of one button combat.

yeah changing potions and shit is rather annoying. shouldve been more options for pc to let us bind them to keys instead of having 4 options. Dragons Dogma in my opinion has better gameplay as they actually focused on making it fun to play. CDPR seems like an afterthought. Not saying is terrible but it has so many issues. They did build an awesome world with interesting stories, been entertained by that

If you're okay with the gameplay part being clunky and awful, you'll probably be in for a good time.

It's a bonus, user. The mere fact that I cannot think of any big name game from the last five years with something similar is proof enough. Aside from Chivalry, I can't remember an RPG with that kind of combat-based dismemberment. Feel free to list a few games that have it since I could be misremembering.

Also, a properly-swung sword like the one Geralt uses could absolutely cut a guy in half unless he was in armor.

And while playing, I never felt appreciably stronger than anything else in the world, save for worthless peasants and human bandits. Anything larger than a man seems like they'd be able to easily push a Witcher's shit in.

The world building in TW3 is, in my opinion, unparalleled. I can't recall a RPG where I felt like I was actually in the world instead of just in a video game.

Dragon's Dogma is more combat oriented with a 'yeah, there's a plot sort of' wrapper around it, so I'd say its gameplay is a bit more fun. Almost everything else about the game is inferior to TW3, though.

I played it for 1 hour before refunding it, boring combat and the edgiest and gayest fucking main character ever

cat eyed, white haired, scars all over his body, and a deep raspy voice, he's coldsteel the hedgehog tier tbh, and a complete ruiner of whatever story that tried making simply because that's at the helm

Is it really a role playing if you can only play geralt of rivia, so you make a couple choices and it's a roleplaying game now??? Nah it's an action adventure user

Fair point. I'd say it's an RPG because you can customize the character and make story-critical decisions and aren't just given a guy you can't do anything with.

I, for instance, play Geralt as a womanizing, ruthless cunt because it seems the most fitting for the setting.

Whether it's bait or not, he's not wrong. Ger is one of the worst protagonists in the history of RPGs.

None of the PC RPG games are actually RPGs if you think that way, Bhaalspawn, The Nameless One and most other ones all have complete backstory.

Also they need to overhaul the combat completely, it was even more unbalanced with HoS

Because he's gravely and unemotional? Do you think JC Denton is a shit character too?

And Geralt's better than goddamn anything in any of Bioware's recent RPGs for starters.

Nice try Jacek

this, I couldn't get past the combat but every other aspect of the game was near fantastic.
shit still looks better than 90% of games that came out this year, sad it didn't meet full potential thou.

JC Denton had interesting dialogue and a personality which made up for his grave and unemotional behavior. Geralt is lifeless, boring, has shitty dialogue, no personality, and is a completely uninteresting character. His voice actor snoozes through his lines and he's Mary Sue Sonic OC as fuck, being an edgy cat-eyed white haired anime character who all the dimwitted sluts that inhabit Witcher's world want to fuck constantly and repeatedly with absolutely no reason why or explanation why. At least in shit like Mass Effect you're given a semi-charismatic that you can play the Captain Kirk role off of. With Geralt it's just fucking stupid.

It's bait because it's the opinion of some shitsack teenager who started gaming on the 360.

And do you honestly think CDPR is paying for marketing for the game this far after it's initial release? Christ.

So what you're suggesting is that, when writing the fucking books on which the game is based, the author was going for an edgy OC? Is that honestly what you're saying?

And I've put almost 30 hours into TW3 and the only people who wanted to fuck Geralt were the primary female characters from the previous game, some whores in one of the big cities, and some handmaidens who were giving him a bath. 95% of the women I've interacted with in the game don't give a fuck about Geralt.

Have you even played the goddamn game?

Maybe because he looks and is written like what some 14 year old chatango girl would make for ideal lover on her dogirl RP

He even has a fucking ponytail, this dude was clearly written by the most depraved and gayest nerds in existence. Witcher fanboys stop shilling and admit that your franchise character is a humongous faggot. OP was asking if it was worth it, and in my opinion listening to "psshhh nothing personal kid" for more than 30 minutes gets exceedingly annoying, it doesn't help you can't completely turn off his voice or change his appearance or gay fucking eyes

It's pushing its boundaries a ton, I'd say it's as much as an RPG as fallout 4, I think it falls more into action than RPG since every game does allow you to choose the actions you're able to do, but this game already has it setup as you're a witch hunter and geralt of rivia

It's a narrative based action

If you met a guy who said his persona was a witchunter with a youthful appearance but with white hair, cat eyes, and deep dark scars that he got from battling from mighty monsters across Eastern Europe

Trust me geralt is an edgy faggot

You didn't finish the sentence, I assume you were gonna say "You'd think he's edgy".
No I wouldn't, I'd think they're a faggot but not edgy.
To come to that conclusion I'd have to personally speak to that person, Geralt is boring as dirt but he's not "edgy".

Let's give you an example.

Donte is edgy.

Dante isn't edgy.

One as an edgy personality, he goes out of his way to say shit like "FUCK YOU!", or throwing people's drink off their hands in the street just to show how hardcore he is and how much he doesn't give a fuck.

The other is pretty nonchalant about what he does even though he takes it seriously, he does his job, has some fun and gets on with it.

Made by dumb polacks. Pass.

Is it optimized better now or is it still total shit? My PC couldn't run it at any level despite being the minimum requirements. Minimum to me means at least Low on everything at 1080 and getting decent FPS.

This entire thread is filled with responses that look like they pulled up a how to shitpost guide on reddit. Absolutely fucking disgraceful.

Same as with MGSV, even with downgrading and shit left out and casualizing certain parts, it's still one of the best games of recent years.

One of the awful things of course in borken promises is the whole "50 different endings", by this they actually meant three different endings and 47 variations of single factors that might pop up in the "ending reel" after the ending, examples like "You killed Radovic so witchhunts stopped/You let Radovic live so witchhunts went on" etc.

But the actual endings were all quite good, and the Bad- ending especially, they had a lot of balls to put and ending like that into an 80+ hour "mainstream" game.

what was the bad ending?

Ciri dies, Geralt cries like a bitch after killing the last Crone, getting back Ciri's wolf medal and waits for monsters to come kill him at the Ladies of the Wood's altar.

try not playing on a toaster. I have a 7850, which is under the official minimum requirements and I ran it with most things on high and some on medium at 1080p

Combat is shit, the rest is either okay or great.

OK lets get this started. Who is best girl and why is it Ciri?

Also all the girls are shit, except Shani she okay.

Hey Holla Forums why I can't enjoy this game? I was getting close in buying it but my good sense told me to try first the free version and so I did. I can't move properly, and I find the whole camera and graphics annoyng, why? I am SO tard?

did you even play the first game?

Weak pc?

Yes, more than once and the second of course.
I feel dizzy when I play with this, tried also some mods to hide the HUD and change the camera, but it's not helping. The animations are so lame

My pc is fine

Yes, and I stand by my comment.

Sorry that was a missfire I thought you asked that to me

How old are you? Do you have ADD?

I have Asperger but that's not the point, I really can't go on and that makes me feel bad

Take your fucking meds.

I am.
The whole camera + movement system drives me crazy, what's wrong with him? That silly jump I can't understand. I feel good with DS3 controls, why this can't be the same? It's another universe. Why user? Tell me WHY?

Maybe it's because I'm playing with a pad? It would be better if I switch to keyboard+mouse?

But I don't wanna lose the whole analog experience

on one hand:

but on the other hand:

should have been a movie 5/10

From soft was making "soulslike games" for 30 years. Polacks was making games in NWN2 engine for a few years. Witcher have shitty combat because they have no idea how to make a good one. But I am pretty sure its your asssburgers acting. Take your fucking meds.

it's a shitty meme game.

Normally I'd agree with you when people bring up the term but Geralt does fit the edgy definition. People often confuse the terms "edgy" and "dark/grim", with the former being about going against the trend of the society they are in, and the latter is for anything tragic or angry.

But Geralt is certainly edgy within his universe, he is hated and feared by the regular folk, has white hair, actively hunts monsters, and is very sexually active. Edgy isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I wouldn't say it's always a good thing either. It doesn't make an uninteresting character good or the reverse, and I think Geralt with or without the "edginess" is not an interesting character. He's a brooding womanizer bad dude and there's really not much else there.

It's because the controls are inconsistent. This is true in any Arkhamclone, all of your animations for attacking are contextual meaning that different ones will play depending on your distance to the enemy. I hate that you don't have to care about your positioning or aiming in TW3 at all since you pretty much just press the attack button and Geralt will instantly leap towards the enemy and attack them no matter what. Combat in souls games isn't perfect, but at least they make you really care about positioning, aiming, and hitboxes like a proper game about melee combat should.

So are you telling me that I can't play that because of some polaki dudes?