Yuria is bae, Dark Sword is balanced, and magic is gay

Yuria is bae, Dark Sword is balanced, and magic is gay.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/18/?
youtube.com/watch?v=F5SIx5_WHOI&feature=youtu.be&list=PLYZhYRHkOZobqi_6ozqPZSzUSU9sVoP2f
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Your asking for pain around here. Besides you got the wrong girl anyways.

That's strike two, DS furry

God, what a shit fucking game.
Terrible PVE with poise and hyperarmor fucked, terrible PVP revolving entirely around a handful of weapons and 99% of your arsenal feels stale and samey anyway.

All the fun weapons aren't viable.

What a

s
h
i
t

g
a
m
e

maybe you should just git gud, faggot

Is the whole game going to be like this? Because if it is I'll just drop the game now. The first 3 Souls games didn't need to rely on making bosses hyper aggressive after 50% health for their challenge, why do we suddenly need this weak mechanic?

There are some bosses that could have passed for Bloodborne bosses, but they aren't all like that. As far as the 50% health thing goes, boss phasing in Dark Souls is nothing new. It forces you to adapt and improve.

Yeah, in the sense that none of them are even remotely as fun as even just Gascoine.

The dude can't fucking draw. Just take a closer look at that image and notice all the problems.

What's your idea of a fun boss then?

I found quite a few of them to be entertaining (dancer, soul of cinder, dragonslayer armor for example)

Is this birdslut actually in the game? I've seen fanart but I've never seen a screenshot of her.

Crow demon merchant legacy character: you can interact with her nest to trade items and talk to her, but her perch is out of camera view.

That's her nest at about 1:10

So people are just assuming harpy and not talking crow because boner?

In the entire game i only found the following bosses fun:

-Dancer (cool design and ONE move that requires some skill to dodge)
-Princes (i liked the attack into teleport gimmick)
-Cinder (nothing special but worked well for what they set out to do, only has one dangerous attack and that's it tho)
-Champion Gundyr (straightfoward, but aggressive enough to be fun)

I consider them all IMMENSELY inferior to even just Gascoine himself.
Nothing in DaS3 even remotely comes close to how fun the bosses were in BB, and nothing in DaS3 is even remotely on the same level of mechanical perfection that is the Orphan of Kos in BB, to this day i consider that the absolute best boss in terms of mechanics and balance they've ever done and probably will ever do.

Yes.

hollowfuckers and those who consort with beasts need not apply.

It's funny, because this game is about as bad as DS2, just for different reasons. For everything this game nails on the head, there are things it fucks even worse.

The amazing atmosphere is back from DS1, but the world revolves around the player.
The combat is faster and weapon arts are cool, but there's no poise.
The visual design is unparalleled, but the music is mostly mediocre besides a few standout tracks like vordt and the abyss watchers.
The level design is back to being pretty good, but the world itself is linear as fuck.
The writing and characters are pretty good, but their questlines are convoluted and some NPCs are rehashed for the FOURTH time since Demon's Souls.
Half the bosses are great, as in, fucking amazing, but half of them are unsalvageable garbage
The graphics are good, but it's optimized horribly.

I just can't make up my mind on whether I like it or not.

I think your preference for BB might have something to do with the game being a different "style" if that makes any sense.

BB is about aggression meanwhile DS is more about patience. That being said, I did enjoy BB with how pants pissingly fast paced the boss fights were.

DS3 is just boring. Every bit as much as DS2, if not more. I forced myself through well over half of it hoping it would get better at some point. I took multiple lengthy breaks but it still felt stale when I went back to it. I got to where I only played it because I had nothing else to do, but I eventually found a more fun game to play and stuck to that. Hopefully Fromsoft's next "new IP" will actually be unique somehow. Not very hopeful though, why would they change anything when the current formula gets them so many shekels?

The PvP is a joke as well.

I smash weebs and edgelords with biggie's hammer all day every day.

You just need to git gud.

I'd a Dancer so hard.

DS3 is the best souls game to date, git gud bitches.

I'm not sure if I like them using the whole final boss with flowery arena thing again though.

Not really. I often find that 2 was better. And 2 was only decent really.

Oh please, ds2 was bad but even that didn't need to constantly remind you that ds1 was a thing

I would a Solaire in full armour

with the shit performance? no thanks

Demons > DS1 > ds2 >>>>>>> dogshit >>>>>>> POWERGAP>>>>>>>> ds3

I feel like DS3 is a genuinely good game. It just has two major problems

Comes down to a very linear world, a lot of gimmick bossfights and very few viable builds, plus the option to just respec existing characters

Comes down to no poise, general balance issues and Int/Faith builds being complete shit

The biggest issue is the replay value. It's just required for souls games to have good replay value. The PvP i assume hope they'll fix with patches.

Right now i have absolutely no interest in getting back into the game. I played through NG and NG+ half, started two new characters and stopped with both halfway through. The PvP is incredibly stale and the world bores me since i've seen it too much.

Don't kid yourselves, DS2 was complete garbage. Only the most cancerous PvPfags would prefer it to any other game, and even they should be disgusted by Soul Memory at least

Did you expect it to be any different from 1 or 2?

Bloodborne remains superior, unfortunately.

Strange, I thought that the bosses were mind numbingly boring to fight until they became aggressive halfway through.

DaS3 was okay, not DeS/DaS1 levels of good but way better than DaS2. Plot was meh, bosses weren't that memorable, and the areas are forgettable but the mechanics are great so I'll keep doing runs of it. I don't give two shits about PvP and always questioned it's existence so no opinions there outside of enjoying it getting shit on with invaders usually getting ganked.

yeah sorry m8 but the game has more problems than you think

SEASON PASS
E
A
S
O
N

P
A
S
S

the only thing das3 did better than das2 was slow down leveling up.

in das 2 the amount of souls needed to level up was too little, by halfway of NG+ i was around level 210, i had OP as fuck pyromancies, some miracles, Dragonrider Bow+5, was using havels greatshield, and switching around Large Club/Giant Club/Demons Hammer when the durability called for

in das3 the level up speed is downed back to its original roots, and durability is pretty much infinite, the only way to break a weapon is to purposefully hit every solid object a hundred times, which makes having durability pointless, you will never break a weapon in das3.

2 was better than 3 because 3 performed like shit, fps drops everywhere, and this garbage really? season pass for DLC that wont be released a year from the date you bought the season pass? they went full jew and are suffering the call of duty syndrome, +popularity = -quality

Don't have that, can't comment on it. Wouldn't be a first for the series though.

Both true but both part of PvP, at least mainly. And both are fixable with patches, unlike say bad level design or other fundamentals.

DS3 has one more boss (20) than DS1 (19), base game. Better criticism would be that there are almost no bonfire to boss paths in the entire game, and way too many shortcuts right before the fog wall.

True, but DS2 somehow managed to have more enjoyable covenants. Like the arena in the blood covenant. And at least poise worked.

It just seems DS3 took all the worst parts of DS1 & DS2 and mashed them together while adding some aesthetics from Demons Souls and Blood Borne.

DLC never made a souls game good.
They can only improve on what already is there.

For example, let's talk about fist weapons.

In DaS2 fist weapons did the correct poise damage, but didn't do much actual damage, and the moveset left much to be desired.
Then in a DLC the bone fists were added, and while they weren't the best weapon ever or anything, they did have a medium reaching and fun moveset that complemented the poise damage so you could correctly flinch enemies and beat on them and have a viable fist focused build.

In DaS3, between poise being broken and enemies having 10 seconds of hyperarmor every other attack, it means that even if they bring the bone fists back, they can never, ever, ever make a fist weapon build viable now.
Even with 2 million poise damage it will never be enough to break the stupid amount of hypearmor, so they'll remain shit.

This is only ONE of the balancing problems and bad design decisions in this game, and one of the reasons why DLC won't be able to fix it, unless they decide to seriously reword and rebalance specific core mechanics that utterly plague this game to it's very core.

fuck off, nigger

I have found that you can sort of put a bandage on the broken poise by using Havel's Greatshield's special ability or the Iron Flesh pyromancy.

neither is a good solution though

That's just wrong. It stands head and shoulders above DS2, apart from PvP.

More or less. If you're getting hit in PvE you're doing something wrong. The main impact of no poise is R1 shitters in PvP all day.

I was just pointing that out because the other user said

What's with all this talk about performance issues? I played on a fucking laptop and only noticed a handful of slowdowns at high settings

not him but dude, when you meet Havel "fucking invincible" The Rock, you expect him to not stagger.

i was staggering havel on 3/4 hit combos with astora straight sword and scoring halfcrits on him thanks to him running out of stamina.

in the end, the only game that programmed Havel right was the original Dark Souls, in dark souls 2 havel had infinite stamina and could swing his tooth around forever, and in 3 he is too weak, no poise and low stamina.

Oh, and there's also a mod that enables poise, you just shouldn't use it online:

nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/18/?

simply put, the game performs like shit on several video cards, both AMD and Nvidia.

Stop playing on toaster fucking subhuman, it werks perfectly fine.

What fanservice? What moments? DS3 has gameplay superior to DS1. Superior to any other game in the series really.

Just finished DaS3 for the first time. This game is really fucking short. Really fucking short.

I thought DaS2 was dogshit until I played 3. I actually want to go back to 2 now and deal with the garbage soul memory bullshit than play this game again.

In what way? The only thing 3 beats 2 in is level design coherency. Dark Souls 3 is very bland, always with churches and the same type of level designs generally.

The story like most dark souls games is nonexistant, shown mostly in item descriptions, which are far less interesting this time around than anything else. And most of the bosses are boring as all hell. Not from a mechanical sense, but from a lore sense.

The entirety of the game is overall extremely boring. I wish it had been better, the game reeks of miyazaki and from mashing it together to help pay for the next bloodborne. Which he obviously wants to do considering how badly they shit on magic and all of the Bloodborne aesthetics and enemies shoehorned in to the game.

pretty good

now if only fans could fix the shit performance, i remember fans fixed the 30fps720p on das 1, im pretty sure they can do this too given enough time, fire be with them.

i ran both previous games at 60fps1080p, i didnt even have slowdowns on blighttown
sorry kiddo, the game is coded like shit

ayy lmao m8

that is and will remain bloodborne.

DS3 is what you get when you try to return to an older style of gameplay for the sake of giving DS a proper sequel.
and then nerf magic to the ground, seriously just get great magic sheild's required 18 int and 20 fth for DP and sunlight straight sword then go full stronk and pick up a great shield.

congrats the meta means nothing to you as your shield can eclipse the sun and block 4 faggots with ultra greatswords while still regenerating stamina which you can then dump into retaliating.
lingering dragon ring is a must.

let me guess, 30 hours aprox?

I'm on NG+2 now with my first character, and I'm at about 27 hours.

There is only one answer

0.02C have been added to your bank account

Level design != Theme

You mean lore?

I don't know man, at least they actually have content and don't all end with "..which purpose and origin has long been forgotten." like in DS2.

The first version of DSFix was uploaded 30 MINUTES after the release of Dark Souls. I don't know what it is, but it certainly wasn't anything that had to be made or coded, something very fundamental and obvious was missing from the game files.

That's a good point. I remember how refreshing BB was, for example the part that you can't just backstab every single grunt enemy in every level. This game deliberately had to take absolutely no risks. And yet they still fucked up linearity, for fucks sake even Majula connects to more than one area

Allowing scrubs like you in was a mistake.

well shit, i admit i took my time on my first playthrough, i clocked in 25ish hours, and i had to use a trainer for Pontiff and dragon archpeak because i was getting 5 FPS, it was the last thing i wanted to do really but i had no choice, game was unplayable.

to me the game smells of rushed, they should have taken another year to dev it, but it sounds like they needed the cash and released it as is.

yes i remember the "lets get this shit started guys >30 MINUTES ebingoldface.jpg" very vividly, fun times.

go buy another season pass retard

Oh, i dunno, all the returning npcs?
The repeating areas?
The same armor sets?
Weapons?

That first version of DSFix introduced lots of bugs related to the framerate.

The developer likely tried this, found that it introduced many bugs, and decided it wasn't worth fixing all of them.

The story is fine. By souls standards it's almost gratuitous just how much it does away with the vagueness and "what happened here and what is this place? we just don't know…" lorefag shit. You just have to pay attention.

Quality of the enemies and the bosses leaves 2 in the dust. It's such an important part of a good game that I'd say 3 beats 2 solely because of that, would beat 2 even if everything else was worse, which it fucking isn't. Only meh boss is yhorm, and on the enemy side the only problem is that there aren't enough types to populate the entire game - thralls being in almost every area is pretty galling and makes no sense.

However what I'm least happy with is the streamlined nature of the game and the lack of ambition and effort the linear layout of the world reveals. Should have been multiple themed worlds like demons souls, all accessible after high wall or the prologue, but like the poise and equip load and covenant systems from were just too lazy to balance them properly. End result? A game that's awesome on the first playthrough only, at least until all the DLC is out.

Lower settings or roll back drivers. Sucks, but it works and the game doesn't look that much worse. Quit being a bitch.

What the fuck does this mean? What is this nigger speak?

is the fire shooped? i honestly cant tell this time

user all the settings were at minimum, either low or off.

google the problem "dark souls 3 low FPS", you'll find tons of people on steam forums complaining about it.

heh you fags

This is what she looked like in Demon's Souls

Over the course of 3 days I did not get one summon. I gave up. You're better off farming silver knights.

Fashion time?

Na, his preference for BB is entirely based on its exclusivity. We saw the exact same thing with DeS, where it was lorded about as the best RPG, nay, the best game ever created, and then DaS came out and just crushed DeS, making it feel like a cheap beta by comparison, yet DaS was constantly shit on by butthurt sonyggers who were mad their exclusive wasn't hot shit anymore.

The easiest way to out a sonygger is to get him talking about BB. He won't be able to stop shooting off his mouth about how it's the best souls game ever, and how the rest of the series is inferior.

There are several of them in this very thread.

DeS is still the best of the series but bloodborne sucks

I don't own a PS3 nor DeS, but i still wouldn't deny that DS1s second half is unfinished and that DeS is at least on par with DS1. Sounds like a case of sour grapes to me, user.

it's always fashion time

Fuck, I just done done farming the blade grass for my ring achievement.

God that ring achievement sucked, that shit was pure pain to do.

Terrible

Yorshka disagrees with you.

It's babe shortened. I've seen them use it a lot so probably. Polite sage for offtopic.

r8 my build anons
going for sorceries was a mistake .
my Homing Soulmass do only FUCKING 50 damage with fucking 26INT

Farron Flashsword is also meh 90 damge with the two dragon rings

i hope the crystal chime will fix this
any advice anons ??

i like the 1st comfy knight and 4th pic fag knight
others are eh

I played co-op through the entire game with a friend, meaning we did everything twice and I have 21 hours played on that character. I DID EVERYTHING IN THE GAME, TWICE, AND ONLY HAVE 21 HOURS PLAYED.

Just the thought of the endless reddit salt if From added an 'Again' to the ending

Its simple user, dont use anything but darts and flash sword in pvp and GHSA, GSA in PvE. Every other sorcery is garbage

use soul stream in boss fights when youre at 60 int and 10 court staff, you can 3 shot them if you feel like being scummy

Hey John.

Babe is a fucking four letter word. Why does it need to be shortened? I mean, whatever, use your shitty niggerspeak, but it just makes you look like an idiot.

What are you thinking?

k
no sorry bud i worked hard at that face
i will not cover it
NO
i don't plan on welding any greatswords and the onislayer scale with dex

k i will try them
i can't offered 45INT i will rise my faith to use the crystal chime and fix weaker sorceries
i hope so at least

they look better up close
i wanted a faggy looking eyes you know

>mfw if she was full crow you wouldn't even tenderly love and care for her

Fam I hope youre not planning to use offensive miracles?

Whats your build plan btw?

crystal chime/onlislayer greatbow build

i plan to use the Divine Pillars of Light and other healing miracles

Oh in that case dont use sorc at all, just use dark miracles like gnaw and ToD is a complete joke in PvE so you should be fine

I wouldn't fuck her though.

Is DS3 good on PC yet? I want to play it but i don't want to feel like I'm wading through shit to get a good game later.

BAE = Before Anyone Else

b but the build theme is angle like blue phantom

i don't want dark miracles ;_;

best boi

BEA = Bureau of Economic Analysis

Blacks aggressively enriching.

start using pyromancy, put one more point in str then go full into dex and make sure to pick up the painting guardian's sword and then enchant it with dark and use the dark clutch ring.

no one armors against dark since the spells are shit save for black fire orb, which with your low att is the best one you can get.

That is most bosses in the game. First half of the fight requires no thought at all, completely trivial. The second half is hyper aggression, sometimes with combos that just never seem to end. If you don't like that type of fight then just drop it.

How is that any less retarded than just saying X is my "babe" or "baby"?

Ballistic Anus Explosion
Barbaric Ass Entrepreneur
Bitch Ate Everything
Blowjob Agitated Esophagus
Boring Ass Eurofags
Bountiful Alcoholic Existentialism

r8

b l a c k p e o p l e
l
a
c
k

p
e
o
p
l
e

Nice to see that DS3 threads have already descended into waifufaggotry and shitposting. Must be a new record.

The voice of Pickle-Pee is ridiculously cute, squawking aside. It gives me heart boners, I'd love to hear other characters she's voiced.

Near the bonfire you unlock for beating Ancient Wyvern, there's an area where you can be invaded and get stuck on the wrong side of the fog-gate. If you crack a dried finger, hop into the way of blue and just sit down you can never be harmed.

I can relate.

see

no dark or pyro stuff for this build

the theme man
the role playing

then you probably should get more att, although i would suggest a max of 18.

out of normal sorcery the great soul spells are really all that does good dmg for the FP cost.

using the crystal chime you could go great soul arrow for an attack divine pillars for AOE and chameleon for hiding in addition to the obscuring ring.

i'd still suggest using a dark or chaos infused painting guardian sword as they scale at B with dex int and faith.

that is what i want bud

Divine Pillars of Light
i don't need soul arrows i will use greatbow

i have this pyro build already and will try the dark PG sword with it

I do the same but to put the blueberries to work cause I feel fucking bad for them. I'll be wearing the Darkmoon and dont get summoned for several hours.

honestly thats kind of funny

im 50/50 on fight clubs, sometimes i try and destroy them, sometime i try and participate

I only find it funny when I'm not on the receiving end of it.

Flop?

Just beat the Nameless King. Damn that was a good fight, best in ds3, and far better than anything ds2 could offer.

DARK SOULS III
Current: 8,508
Peak: 21,661

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Current: 1,898
Peak: 5,406

Dark Souls II
JUST

It was supposedly financially successful, but it's going to go the way of DSII if they don't fix their shit in the DLC. We all know they wont fix anything.

I got a lot of enjoyment out of it. It's much more alive than DS1 and not so tedious, but the lack of poise guts a lot of the content. It's also very short, unless you piss away your time on shit weapons.

Fucking incredible, Fromsoft.

Why are butt crushes so sexy?

Macro is a shit fetish and crush is outright fucking disturbing.

You're a shit fetish.

Also crush is just the name. You rarely see it a case of t he person getting flattened, it's more of just totally smothered.

git stabbed because you rolled too early from the bullshit delayed attacks

why do boss weapons always, ALWAYS suck fucking ass?

you'd expect them to be the ultimate weapons, but in every dark souls is the same, in das1 the drake sword and the Black Knight sword were the best weapons, or if you liked huge damage, big clubs

the only boss weapon i remember being better than the normal shitty equipment you buy in NPCs is the Meatcleaver, from Demon Souls, and that was only because it had 2 Ss and 1 A in the scaling

there are notable exceptions but it is far too common for boss weapons to be utter shit even at what they were designed to be.

like how they will have weapons designed for casters to have a physical element, but no scaling just damage to run into another fucking defense stat.

It's true, boss weapons are too rarely good. But, I'm managing through NG+ with the dancer's swords okay. They're worse than a +10 lightning longsword, but there's something about their moveset that makes most enemies (including invaders) utterly unable to recover from staggering. Plus, one sword is fire and in that game it's always nice.

NG+ is fairly easy in general.

Oh God why is the Archdragon Peak tanking my framerate so hard? Even Irithyll ran fine, but this shit is a fucking slideshow.

i had to use a trainer program to beat archdragon peak, it was fucking impossible

Blueblood sword.

blueblood was a boss weapon? i dont remember that, which boss soul it needed?

is the storm curved sword any good ?

I hate this Holla Forums, the Farron Greatsword is absolutely crazy but it's scaling is bad and all of the crazy moves it can do with the dagger are completely worthless compared to R1 spam for most enemies.

I HATE THIS. WHY IS MY SHITTY REGULAR VANILLA SWORD OUTPACING SHIT THAT STRAIGHT OUT OF DEVIL MAY CRY

I really disagree with Dark Souls making Demon's feel like a cheap beta. Demon's had a whole world cut out of it and it, along with Bloodborne, still managed to feel more complete than Dark Souls given how rushed it felt post-Anor Londo.

I haven't played 3 and 2 was awful, but the first Dark Souls just didn't leave the same impression on me that Demon's and Bloodborne did despite being very good regardless.

I recognize those eyes.

2 was great, fuck you m8

It's a metaphor for the real name of the Moon Presence, Flora.

I just want to be the one to help her make sure she doesn't bump into shit on her way to the table before giving her breakfast goddamn it.

Then give her the eyes faggot

this game is so shit that even the enemies want to kill themselves

i didnt hit him or shoot him with arrows a single time, he just stood on top of the fire

took picture 1 minute ago, update: he killed himself

I did.When she stuttered while saying thank you, I almost died.

I thought the whole point was that it was a pvp weapon with a cuhrazy moveset that throws players off

.Best girl

Friend of mine told me everyone in pvp would be expecting the spin to win, he was wrong.

The reach is pretty great and the spin can hit someone in a roll timed right.

You guys still don't get it, do you?

I'm about to drop a truth bomb: weapons like all the normal straight swords or the dark sword and such, aren't imbalanced.
In fact, they're balanced.

THE ENTIRE GAME IS INSTEAD BROKEN in such a way that makes those weapons super strong, it's the other way around.

Since moves have hyper armor out the ass and there's no poise, the specific balance of moveset, attack speed and reach makes normal straight swords so fucking strong in this game and everything else sub optimal bullshit.

Why are big slow weapons viable usually?
Because they go along a tanky build so you poise trough the blows and can deliver your blow trough it.
But without poise, you flinch, and get interrupted.
So instead what do you have to do in this game?
You use your hyperarmor to plow trough the attacks.

BUT STRAIGHT NORMAL SWORDS ALREADY HAVE HYPERARMOR, same as the big weapons, so you can just use THOSE.
So what happens when you've got two weapons, one big and slow, and one small and fast, and both of them rely on the same exact mechanic?
The game is broken and the small, fast weapons will always, always be the better pick.

Anyone shouting "get gud" doesn't understand game design at a core level, by rebalancing DaS3 so that poise is back, and that hyperarmor isn't as fuck you ultrastrong as it is now, the entire game would be for the most part fixed gameplay wise.

You can adapt to how things are balanced in this game but it's not real balance, it's a both job, it reeks of something that happened like 1 month before release when the dev team was under pressure and decided to straight up turn certain mechanical aspects of the game off instead of having the time to propely balance them.

The fact that people just DON'T UNDERSTAND what the fuck is actually going on with this game and think it's a git gud issue is mind numbingly retarded, it shows a complete misunderstanding of basic core souls combat mecahnics from these games even after playing 2 fucking souls games before this, it means that some people here straight up don't "get" game mechanics and just see "i press button i hit target" in their monkey little underdeveloped brains.

If you persevere there you can actually get over the cave with all of Dusk's stuff, though I couldn't figure out a way to glitch back into it when I was there.

Exactly. Not only that but there are people out there that simply want stuff removed or nerffed because they don't like it rather that getting gameplay mechanics nice and tight.

She can see her surroundings.

So they are imbalanced and would be balanced if they lost their hyperarmor?

All they have to do is enable Poise, and everything is fixed.

No, not LOST, rather just slightly tweaked.
Hypearmor is not a bad idea in itself, it just has to be recalibrated to allow for certain moves to be staggered if hit by big enough weapons/weapons that do enough poise damage.
Poise needs to be fixed, but without tweaking hyperarmor it's only half the solution.
DaS3 is really close to being a good souls game, at least mechanically, but it's shit balance is what's holding it back from being good.

If you do pvp with anything but a 2handed thrall axe regardless of build then you are a nigger doing everything wrong

Found the fag who owns a ps4.
DaS is one of the best iterations BECAUSE of how many weapons were viable.
Why don't you faggots actually play the game, instead of making up flaws that didn't exist in order to defend the newest shit iteration.

Why is she so perfect?

Because she's blind so you know she doesn't have to see your ugly face.

Perfect relationship.

Appreciate your essay, now I understand why people use Dark Sword. I actually didn't realise straight swords had hyper armour.

Problem is From insists that poise is "working as intended" even though the fuckin enemies have actual working poise.
One of the reasons why this guy was so difficult to fight when you first met him was because the poise works on him whilst you don't.

What I don't understand is how From could say it works as intended. They intended for it to do nothing? Then why add the stat in the first place? It seems so pointless.

Maybe I just can't into game programming but wouldn't a patch that sets Poise value = 1 fix everything or is it more complex than that?

Wow user, you didn't need to hit the nerve quite so hard like that.

Don't worry, I'm gonna kms.

what i find really fucking stupid is that Hollowing is opt-in now.

what the hell? when you got your ass handed to you in dark souls 1 and 2, you went hollow, and to turn back you needed humanities, end of the matter, why the fuck is it opt in now?

Because hollowing is actually good now, so the opt-in thing now is being a flaming embered fag

this kills the lore

Because being unembered is basically the same mechanically as being hollow, just that you don't look like a zombie. And hollowing also serves a purpose now by unlocking the third ending.
The fact that you're unkindled rather than regular old undead is the lore reason why you don't hollow automatically.

Hollowing isn't good, if you choose the lord of hollows ending rather than the only sane ending which is the end of fire then you are a massive faggot.

i wanted an ending where i actually got to fuck Anri

From can't code for shit. Their default response is to say it's "working as intended" when it's clearly not. Like the durability bug from DaS2 on PC when the framerate was higher than 30 that was "working as intended" that magically got fixed with SotFS when it was re-released on consoles that weren't single-slice toasters.

i carried a large club, a giant club, and a demons warhammer, and had to switch them around as they broke due to that shitty fucking bug.

also so many bosses resort to delayed combo bullshit, so cheap.

So I guess we have to wait till Dark Soul 3: Gibe me mo money edition comes out for poise to work

its the same fucking game on the same fucking engine, why does it have to run like shit

Due to a bug, assets loaded in memory are not loaded out the way they're supposed to be.

Don't you get softbanned for using that? I'd download it but I don't want to risk it.

Also yeah it runs like ass, which is weird because I run DaS2 fine on native settings and my pc meets the requirements. Though in fairness it runs better than it did in launch but I still get dropped from online during boss fights.

Too bad you get softbanned for using it if you want to use it in mulitplayer. I really wish it ran better though.

I just want to get the type of shit I found in the first game.

Because while you're an undead, you are not the typical undead. An ashen one is someone born from the ashes of dead warriors. You could say you're technically not a vessel, you have no soul compartment which is why you're unfit to be cinder. How that works with you running around without a soul is not explained but it does allow for the purpose of a dark sign sigil which is some soul collector. This hole is for absorbing souls and to strengthen the hollowing state. View it as some power sign, the more souls it takes, the more powerful you become and with enough hollowing you can absorb the first flame and bring in the age of man/dark.

What I think leads to a lot of confusion for a lot of people is that the player character doesn't hollow completely in all three games because gameplay mechanics. It's the same with Demon's Souls. Originally the game was going to have human form, you die go to soul form and then die and it would be game over. But that would have pissed a lot of people off so it's overlooked in favour of gameplay. Hollowing is supposed to strengthen the race of men but go too far and you resort to a souless husk. This plays at odds with an ashen one but I think what's at play here is the bell of awakening is influencing everything. The bell of awakening is being controlled by the first flame so it could be that it's guiding the ashen ones to bring souls for survival which means ashen ones can wonder around.

how do you know this?

why has no one fixed it yet? is it too deep in the code to fix?

FROM is inept as usual, and poor performance is just a byproduct of the traditionally rushed dev cycle. In this case it's an easily recognizable memory/streaming issue. Simply put, give it time, at least until the first DLC.

The simple, honest truth is that the balancing in this game was rushed because they haven't got time.
The BB theam is either working on a sequel or some new IP and they had to shit out DaS3 to make a profit that they will expand upon with the DLCs and it'll all go towards financing the next actual big project.

I'm not saying DaS3 is entirely a cash grab like DaS2 was, but partially it does feel that way.

I consider it overall to be better than DaS2, even with poise being fucked, as a game overall i think Miya keeping shit slightly more tight manages to pull it above what DaS2 ended up being, but it's clear that this was a secondary project to finance what From is actually going to develop soon, whatever that might be.

If there's one thing that i came to understand over the years is that the mindless worship of video game directors doesn't lead to anything good.

A director is just that, a DIRECTOR, he needs a GOOD TEAM to direct.

With DaS3 i believe Miya was able to make the best of a very mediocre team, and he manages to work with the team to make a game that's better than DaS2, but couldn't make an actual great game because he can't turn shit into gold, he needs to work alongside a good team to make something that truly stands out.

What settings are you guys running this game on? Im playing on a shitty 10 year old pc and I havent run into any frame rate issues. i hear it's shit on console though

metal gear souls anyone?

radeon 6870
Fx 8120 (overclocked 3.6mhz)
16gb ram

all settings on low or off if possible, and still framedrops fucking everywhere, cemetery, firelink, ithirill, lothric castle

or alternatively you can just use a fucking shield and not be shit.

did you perhaps reply to the wrong post?

yeah was for
seriously dragonslayer's greatsheild plus great magic shield and you can block everything in the game.

This is the solution to the poise problem without the softban. Just turn yourself into a fucking rock

THE WALL
THE WALL
NO ONE ON EARTH CAN MAKE IT FALL

LGK is still more arousing than Butterfaced Dancer

The very first thing i did was building myself to be havel once i realized poise was fucked.

And unfortunately he's fucked too.

The shield is awesome and blocks everything at little stamina cost, and the Dragon Tooth has the fixed DaS2 moveset for it that allows for decent tracking on one hand, but, once again, with everything having 500000000 frames of hypearmor, they slash you in the face over and over before you can finish most of your animations.

It's actually extra depressing because DaS2 also had poise problems (nowhere as bad as DaS3 tho) that were later patched and i had a dedicated Havel character on it, and after the patch that fixed it i could finally do the whole animation of slamming someone with the tooth without being interrupted assuming i was wearing the full set, for the first time.

It's sad to see something that was un-fucked in the previous game fucked yet again.

And in this game going full havel is quite expensive in terms of level invested too, even just to fatroll, and even with all the relevant rings equipped.

So much effort for such little reward.

No, faggot, don't go full Havel. Just use the shield and use the special ability to put the rock armor on. I'm using the Painting Guardian set and I'm tanking two-handed Fume Sword hits with that active with no stagger.

Butterfaces are the status quo. Either learn to appreciate helmets, or monstrous lower torsos.

i want to keep playing but the FPSs drop too hard, and im not gonna spend 3000 dollars to buy a new ultimate tier Intelâ„¢ PC to play it

m8…

So you'd get her hopes all up for nothing then? Just crush her dreams of tender love right when she thinks she's got you wrapped around her?

aside from performance issues, short playthrough, lore breaking details, and broken gameplay:

remember DaS2 NG+? how fucking hardcore it got? there were new enemies to fuck your ass up, you had to reinvent the way you played each area to take into consideration the new red phantoms and the powered up enemies, there was a reason to let the player level up so easily, thats because NG+ was a much harder challenge than just "pump enemies stats up"

now you see you faggots? you scared team B away but TEAM B WAS THE HERO WE NEEDED

TEAM B DID NOTHING WRONG

get out

I'M MR MEESEEKS LOOK AT ME

Problem is, this isn't team A regardless.
This is team C.
Team A is busy making game X.

I lost count of the amount of times I've done thrust attacks with my rapier into that immaculate ass. It was the only way I could win.

It's meant to be somewhat inspirational. Your character's soul fades in DeS/you go hollow in DaS if you ragequit and never come back. You lose your mind and your determination, much like the characters in-game to whom this happens to.

Can Holla Forums help explain why Siegward is such a bro?

Is also smaller than advertised.

I literally thought I was fighting an ooze and not a fucking Shoggoth.

Sullyvahn's the mastermind, not Aldrich, you faget.

One of four things happened:

I feel like the Cathedral of the Deep were meant to be much bigger deals than what we wound up with. I mean, for fucks sake compare Irithyll, the Cathedral, Road of Sacrifices, even Undead Settlement were used to build them and Alritch up to be some huge menace, it's like From realized they were making Bloodborne 2 and had to quickly throw the rest of the shitty areas together in a slapdash fashion, meaning people who were hyped up like Sulyvahn had to be dealt with quickly.

The Age of Deep sure seemed like a big deal - it was a new idea for Dark Souls, even if it's reminiscent to Bloodborne. So if you're right, then they must have a lot of unused assets and concepts left over from the deep.
The Artorias of The Abyss expansion came about from similar material, so maybe we'll get lucky with DLC?

Speaking of underwhelming areas, why was the Profaned Capital so shite? The real area before Yhorm is Irithyll Dungeon rather than the home he supposedly loved so much that he wouldn't abandon it. It's only interesting in any way if you go onto the treasure hunting path instead of the fight-the-boss path. And I still don't understand this Profaned Flame that never goes out, despite it being apparently a big deal.

THEY DID IT AGAIN, THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

they actually brought back that fucking bullshit gimmick from demons souls

Agree with you about that as well. It's pretty damn lame how we wound up with a very minimal area after the (Personally) impressive dungeon, you find a murdered callback to DaS2 and literal waves of re skinned enemies. The place had great potential to be just as amazing but we got nothing.

As for theorycrafting time one that seemed interesting, but seems bullshit if you ask me since it contains some pretty serious leaps of logic, is that Elium Lloyce became the profaned capital, with Alsana being the oracle that Yhorm both failed to protect and whose sisters set off of the curse that destroyed the capital, with the profaned flame being the last vestige of the chaos flame, but even then it doesn't make sense since in all other references the fires of Izalith ate shit with the ODK being the last remnant of it.

is this a problem with amd cards? my much older nvidia card has never chugged frames

Ya the Deep and the Profane flame really need to be expanded on. I think its like 50/50 that the Deep is just the abyss that is has changed over time somehow.

I think maybe the Profane flame is like the Chaos flame, someone just tried to recreate the first flame. But instead of making demons this flame actually lasts forever, but is tainted and just makes you soulless. Regardless it is a VERY big deal because this is somehow a flame that does not go out.

did you guys notice the corpse of gilligan the laddersmith in the profaned capital bonfire?

Best talisman if you going for 50+ Faith ?

Ya, surprised that fucker lived so long

Doesn't even make any sense. Doesn't DaS3 happen before DaS2? This nigga died and then came back to life for the sequel.

Before 2? Where the hell did you get that? There are references to DS2 being very long ago, look at the Shield of Want

Hey now, Storm King was a fan-fucking-tastic fight and it deserved a shoutout. Yhorm was not the fight to do it on, though - a grounded target like him is a waste for the awesome force of the storm ruler's attack.

saw it immediately. It made me laugh and cry. Poor fella.

Isn't the Saint's Talisman the best by default? Is there one that's actually better?

I guess I need to do some more digging since Iunno what Elium Loyce or Alsana are. Despite the amazing design of most of the game, some parts do seem underwhelming when they were clearly meant to be more. I guess it's a good thing that Lothric, the Settlement, Irithyll, Anor Londo, Untended Graves and the final boss left such a powerful impression on me.

Yorshka's Chime.

Do I have to kill Yorksha to get it ?
I dont think I can do that. She is too cute

Also, when the fuck do Faith builds start doing damage ?

I have been using a raw astora straight sword because everything else I have tried has done less damage.

Do i need to just lightning infuse weapons with S scaling for faith ?

Literally never, the raw ass is never outclassed.

I think Sulyvahn was in a weakened state because he was turning into a tree or some shit.
his second phase almost seemed like he had split himself.

It's interesting that the Deep is referred to in terms of the darkness of the deep ocean, whereas the Abyss was merely dark. Things about soul dregs being heavy and sinking, and especially Aldrich's soul flat-out referring to a coming "Age of the Deep Sea".
I'm hoping this means we'll get a spooky deep sea DLC.

the deep and the abyss are the same thing.
"the deep" is a result of translation error.

DaSII was an age of deep seas, just speculation but I think the coming age of deep seas would burn out the sun and end the cycles for good.

'no'
the deep is a completely unrelated concept to the abyss. the abyss is dark, while the deep corrupt simply by being. the deep also has a lot of association with water, which causes erosion. the closest thing we have irl to corruption simply by being.

yeah, no.
you can test this with the wolf knight greatsword and the flipsnshit sword which both have an increased effectiveness against things of the abyss.

and both of what you described being unique to the deep are things we encountered from the abyss in the first game's DLC.

further the abyss doesn't corrupt, it challenges you and you're found wanting it will take you over.

You know, I had an interesting thought about the nature of "Souls" in Dark Souls.

See, we in the western world may be inclined to consider a soul as the consciousness of a person and while this game does look very western in visual design, there's things that I think still bleed over from the eastern culture. Such as the death/rebirth cycles and other things..
So it got me thinking, what if the souls in dark souls aren't actually consciousness souls like we would consider them but just the force that animates "life" (or I suppose unlife/undead).

This would explain why particularly powerful creatures would have bigger "souls" or more mightier souls. They have far more of that animating force. It would explain why the chosen ones of all these games are always on a quest to gain more power, basically juice their soul so powerful that it can be a really good fuel source for that flame.

I mean, yeah its kind of a bit insignificant but sometimes a little tweaking of understanding of what is meant by certain terms could make other things in the lore make a bit more sense.

thank you for proving my point. the deep corrupts simply by existing, and was once a sacred and peaceful place.
it really sounds like the ocean to me.

i didn't but you can keep deluding yourself if you want.
the abyss is always a test of will but all but the most tempered of wills erode over time and use, which is why we see the corrosive scoring of the abyss on artorius' armor and the offhanded version of his weapon.
the very same corrosion you can see in the cathedral of the deeps floors, walls, and ceiling.

see the cathedral was created by the way of white centered in irithill to seal away anything showing traces of the abyss.
eventually they fell to the powers they wished to once seal away.
why they use fire spells with a sorcery weapon i can only assume is more stuff from the profane flame.

no it's not. the abyss tests your will, the deep corrodes simply by existing. just the same as water.
replace abyss with deep and you are correct. there is murky, disgusting water at the floors of the cathedral not abyss.
this is also correct, but instead of abyss creatures it was the tiny insects of the deep. you can even see where they've nibbled away at the archdeacon set.
undoubtedly so, sulyvahn was a sorcerer under the way of white when he discovered the profaned capital.

he found the profane flame before he join the way of white and likely before the prison for the giant was made, which is before the the city itself was made at the foot of anor londo.

all is true except for before he joined the way of white.
the way of white founded irathyll with sylyvahn as an instrumental piece because he discovered the profaned capital.
he later declared himself pontiff after conquering Anor Londo proper.

Finally beat Dancer solo on SL40. Man, does it feel good.

I am doing an Anri cosplay, and it is so good, because of that fucking sword, man.

This thread needs more dancer.

citation needed.

The game refers to the Abyss and the Deep separately. If it were a translation error, all instances of the Abyss would be replaced with the deep.

The two concepts being separate is further enforced in gameplay. In DaS, weapons and magic associated with the abyss did physical damage. This was changed in DaS 2 to dark damage. In DaS 3 dark infusion still exists, but so does a separate infusion for "deep."

The Deep Gem description reads: "There is a darkness that lies beyond ken." Humans already know of and fear the abyss, as clearly demonstrated by the Abyss Watchers. The Deep is something completely different from the Abyss, something that lies beyond human understanding.

Here's the issue. Poise is actually working 'as intended'. 'As intended' being that Poise is now additional I-Frames instead of stagger resistance. Check that for the tests:
youtube.com/watch?v=F5SIx5_WHOI&feature=youtu.be&list=PLYZhYRHkOZobqi_6ozqPZSzUSU9sVoP2f

In light of shit like this, as well as the total fuck up that is the auto-summon covenants being based on account waiting lists, the utter trash that is the world design, continued issues with the netcode, the fact that they've completely dropped their own story elements just to force in more Berserk references, and the bumblefuckery going on with the game's performance, I'm pretty sure that Bloodborne/DeS are the only games they ever actually wanted to make. It's seeming more and more like the Dark Souls games were basically a frankenstein of Berserk references as call backs to DeS that they did to keep the studio afloat and it ended up being a fluke.

Half the performance & art design issues in DaS3 are caused by them jerking off Bloodborne anyway. They basically took that game's engine to shoehorn all the enemies in and re-skin them while adding back the classic DaS characters/monsters, except they fucked up the meshes during that process, thus why stuff like Lycanthropes you can accurately predict but the Black Knights' animations are broken, and lets not even get started with the 'new' enemies that completely fuck you like the man-serpents. It's why almost all the character models look like you're a Russian bodybuilder with nothing but core muscles and you skipped leg and arm day or you're just Tim Burton's medieval knightfag, scarecrow figure and all. And as a whole, this dumb re-fleshed engine thing is what's been killing performance. It was a rushed, unoptimized hackjob that they did because this is the modern gaming industry so the byline is 'fuck PC gamers' and this is doubly so for Japanese devs because their culture and such creates an environment where they're either shielded from criticism or arrogantly ignore it because filthy white piggu.

You get banned if you use it. The performance issue is the bullshit from above.

Remove yourself.

Where is the second image from?

this is a form of torture.

i have gotten over 2m souls here and only 14 fucking ears

i think i traded in enough silver knight armor sets to outfit an entire army

also not a single fucking dork moon summon

What story elements did From throw out in DaS for the sake of Berserk references?

And where are the i-frames in? Just rolling or are they in anywhere else?

No. Fuck you, and your weird "tiny" shit. Go back to /d/.

Submitting is the worst. Absolute emasculate garbage.

if you asked me i cloud have turned into an Aldrich faithful and let you farm me

she is sooo beautiful fam
plz screencap the sliders
she reminds me of this painting

you forgot the best one

I appreciate the offer but Aldrich is dead already.

Up to 16 now.

Ill get thirty by mid day tomorrow as long as I dont go to sleep :^)

big booty full armor combinations are disturbingly low in this world

thankyou, i was looking for that image forever and was gonna ejumacate everybody with it

so this is what he looks like now? hes lost a lot of weight recently. I cant wait till he goes through a transformation again and becomes another person

thread theme

Yorshka needs to eat some more fucking burgers.

Seriously, I've got a ton of souls eat some girl goddamn.

I think of this song every time I fight the Dancer.

I need more non-lewd fanart of the Dancer.

Some of the enemies
(Ex. Bone Wheels, Evangelists, etc.)
A bunch of the (surprisingly limited) armor sets and weapons
Artorias & co
Much of the aesthetic
The list goes on.

The i-frames are in rolls. Which is absurdly retarded when you realize this means that the heavier, higher poise armors, that, you know, fucking require more equipment load, give you more i-frames in your rolls. VIT is apparently not a scrub stat. Welcome to Dodge Souls: You paid $50 for this Edition.

Bloodborne, MGS3 and MGR are connected, though. Anyone have that pic?

Lmao, is that supposed to be ENB ?

Thats pretty good.

I read that as "gonna ejaculate everybody with it" and I got kinda turned on…

the astora greeatsword infused w/ lightning has s faith at max and does around 600ar

Just like everyone else.

man that sucks, whats with all the ugly monsters in archpeak? they looked more like worm sandniggers than they did dragon people.

whats with their necks? its like they go HEY GUYS WELCOME TO DRAGON ARCHPEAK

theyre snake people

someone needs to edit that over one of them using their bite attack when they're too far away.
trust me it'll go far.

Faggot.

How can he even say he'd love her, when he wouldn't fuck her as a bird?

This proof on a concord kept nonsense in about to drive me insane.

i have been farming this place for two days.

this is getting fucking ridiculous, today and yesterday and im only up to 22 ears.

im literally about to fire up my laptop, run this game at about 14 fps on it, use my old desktop which could run it at maybe 20 fps then invade my 14 fps character with my 20 fps character and use my computer to be a blade of the dorkmoon and kill my 20 fps character as he invades hopefully with password matchmaking this will work.

if getting the pyromancy achievement is this frustrating as well, i might be done with this game, this is draining.

confirmed for never found any blacksmith embers

The drake sword is great until you can get your weapon past +5 at which point it is absolutely useless. And the Black Knight Sword is much worse than almost any of the other greatswords, let alone all of the weapons in the game in general. DaS1 has the highest amount of viable weapons in any souls game IMO, and this is coming from an autistic who has spent over 1k hours making coop/pvp builds in the game.

Dark Sword is actually pretty balanced
The animations on the sword are absolutely shit

Estoc is still Bestoc

You're better off just doing pvp straight up user, Darkmoon pvp in particular is ridiculously easy since it's usually 3v1 (on top of pvp being easy in general since so many retards play these games)

If you really are that awful, just get literally any straight sword or estoc and mash R1 when you invade, that shit will be successful a solid 70% of the time no matter how retarded you are.

yeah, i got a weapon to +5

the black knight sword +5, what a beastly weapon.

let me guess, you're a DEXfag aren't you?

I had to rewind five fucking times before I understood what "ay kip lote" was.

Fuck no, I use weapons that aren't dogshit like a +15 Man serpent greatsword which does more damage at 40 strength as well as requiring 8 less dexterity.

There's a dexfag around here alright but it ain't me

i cant get the invasions to work for the blade of the dork moons.

the whole time i have been farming i have had the symbol on.

then if i do get summoned i dont get proofs.

just before i posted i got an invasion in the aldrich faithful area, i was pumped expecting to get the double ears, BUT NO, i killed two slime ghosts and then a red and got sent home and i didn't get a single ear.

i got the success messages on my screen, but no ears.

im literally running out of things to buy with souls.
and i dont want to level up too high because i would actually like to try and use this stupid fucking faith build.

I half agree with you, but I personally see Bloodborne as the best game in the series while I think that Demon's Souls is the second worst (to DaS2 obviously). DeS did a couple small things better than the other games like a lot of the beginning, but ultimately DaS3 and Bloodborne are just a better DeS and DaS1 is great for different reasons (interconnected world and actually good builds).

What level are you? I stayed at 150 while I was doing all my pvp covs and got summoned every 5 minutes at worst (which was the watchdogs and darkmoon).

Top-tier comic writing.

I've gone through the game 3 times with the Blue Sentinels/Blade of the Darkmoon on but I've never been summoned, not even once. I've also never went above SL 130 so maybe this 120/5 meta isn't what people are following?

omg i just had to greatest shit happen.

im level 103 finally got a good invasion.

literally just got 6 ears from one invasion in the forest, i managed to actually 1v1 kill a person using a fucking 60 luck build LMFAO.

I AM 4 EARS AWAY FROM THE NIGHTMARE BEING OVER.

Hmm, maybe it was because I played very close to release. I think I got all my covenant stuff in the first week but perhaps noone is playing online anymore. I say that because I gave up on playing online once I finished the covenant stuff, PVP is pretty awful this time around and summoning makes the bosses hilariously easy.

Don't underestimate the power of luck builds, I used Anri's straight sword when I did all of my PVP and when I buffed it with blessed weapon the thing hit for 560 pure physical damage. This game is absolutely broken, balance is completely nonexistent even in PVE.

The Corvian Greatknife is going to be the new meta, mark my words.

On its own, I can get about 300 damage with the swing speed of a dagger and the reach of a shortsword.

A hornet ring riposte on a player hit once for about 1100 damage. It was out of control.

That's pretty bonkers, I'm gonna go try that out

holy fucking shit all of this is so embarrassing. anuddah shoah when

I played this first day with the blue sentinels when I got it, I waited for about 2 hours in the swamp with the giant crabs then I just started invading, unless you mean Japanese release.

Mucha Muchacha.

I was using a dark sword +7 hollow infused, i think it has like 280 AR.

I might try a Luck build though. I only respect into Luck for farming.

Hey, everyone I found the homo.

Also, just turned in my fucking 30 ears. And Yorksha has some lewd dialogue so i made OC.

They are pretty shit, though. Especially when they're made from something already pretty monstrous, basically dulling down the exoticism, like sugar in a faggot's coffee. Total Cosmopolitan garbage.

I'm running that area fine on my PS4, maybe it's your drivers or something

the PC version is always a port, and from is bad at PC porting not trying to rustle you or anything, just stating the obvious

however, you know when archpeak stops being a bitch? when you ring the bell

the bell summons an opaque fog-like solid texture (and you can stand on) that reduces draw distance to 10%, shuts off the fucking lighting, and at the same time stops you from exploring a chunk of the level until you beat the nameless king and his faggot dragon

literally all they had to do to make the game not run like shit on PC was add an option for Draw Distance, low/med/high/max, with max being what we have right now It wouldn't surprise me if Nvidia/intel paid them off to remove such a thing so all the dumb goyim rush to buy the latest 1080 & i7 combo

Well, yeah, I know, I'm just stating that if a console can run it fine at max draw distance but your computer's chugging at low, that's why I suggested it were drivers and not draw distance since I also know the port's bad Also not trying to rustle, just stating a fact

drivers are 15.7.1, the latest for my 6870 card

i dont even want to run it at max, im happy running everything on low/off except the resolution, which i do keep at 1080p. i know a 6870 is old as fuck

overclocking doesn't work either, it just taxes my CPU and GPU without actually giving any visible boost in performance.

>Just started fighting Gwyn's Firstborn
THIS IS THE COOLEST BOSSFIGHT IN THIS GAME, HOLY SHIT

Am i the only one that is pissed that Aldritch didn't have a intro cut scene?

The one you would expect to have one doesn't.

I swear scamco are fucking horrible publishers. Try to imagine what all the souls games would have been like if they weren't rushed to hell and had at least a year or two of more dev time. Every stinking souls game has been cut to hell and back, even bloodborne is victim to this.

Aldrich is a mystery to me.

He's built up so much throughout the first half of the game. He's made out to be special since he was forced into the Lord of Cinder role, he's referred to as "The Devourer of Gods", tons of items reference him, Anri is hunting him, Sully is stated to have used him. He killed fucking Gwyndolin, ruined Anor Londo, and you fight him in Kenan and Kel's room. The nostalgia factor alone hyped him up tremendously.

Yet when you find him he's just some schmuck ooze who doesn't even have a cutscene. All the other Lords got cutscenes and frankly were way more interesting fights. I want to say he's almost like Gwyn in that sense, but the way Gwyn was handled was purposefully done to show how withered and pathetic he had become over time while Aldrich was apparently supposed to be a big deal.

Am I the only one who got stuck in the Firelink Shrine for half an hour before realizing you could teleport to a new area with the bonfire?

Probably.

I got stuck there but not for that long. I was pissed that you couldn't walk from firelink to high wall.

Nope, are you on PC?

yeah as someone who tried it on a ton of weapons on my 60 luck build for the course of 4 NG cycles I think I can safely say that the hollow infusion is fucking useless.

QUESTION

I always hear people moaning about the covenants in the DS series saying that they're under developed but I never hear anyone actually bring any ideas to the table on how to improve them. If anyone does then please let me know because I'm scratching my head wondering what people expect from them.

Go fuck yourself, newfag.

Anyone know what armor I can wear for my Itachi Uchiha cosplay?

Better rewards. At this point just fixing them to make them work would be all we needed. Fuck playing on a alt account

Providing it doesn't lock out items for those that only play single player. It also can't be as unreasonalbe as it was in DS2.

See, it's shit like this that reaffirms my belief that DS3 was just a cash cow for from and Miyazaki so he could afford to make Bloodborne 2. It disgusts me.

From some russian tumblr type blog. There was a lot of dark souls fan art and memes.

I wonder why they made the catarina guy literal winnie the pooh.

Any word on a possible patch?

Who am I kidding, of course not.

Kike bastards

So before I fight this guy for the third time, I thought it would be a good idea to look at some of the lore surrounding him. In doing so, I have found my new favorite character of Dark Souls. Not only did he have a big enough dick to stand against his father, Lord Gwyn, but he enters the boss arena on the back of a MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON

Not just that but his lightning abilities and skill with spears are leagues above both Gwyn and Ornstein, respectively. They should be too when you consider he fucking trained Ornstein who was the leader of the Four Knights. His dad was so mad that he struck his name from history and revoked his status as a god, but the Nameless King gave no fucks in the process and kept living even as eons passed.

I might be talking out of my ass, but I think the Nameless King is the god of war that the Forossa knights worship. These are the same knights that produced legends such as Vengarl and Lothian. Speaking of which, that would imply that Gwyn's firstborn son's name is Faraam, but I don't think that's his true name. As a matter of fact, I would go so far to say that since the serpent people absolutely litter the dragon area in the new game then it would heavily imply that the Nameless King is Sen, owner of Sen's Fortress.

Sorry, Solaire, but "Sen, the Nameless King" is the true heir to the sun.

His name was stripted from history, why on earth would you think that Sen's fortress would still keep his real name in history especially at the foot of the city of the gods, Gwyn's own city.

It is more than likely the god of war had "Gwyn" at the start of his name, just like Gwynevere and Gwyndolin. Faraam was given to him by the lion warriors well after the events of DS1 which is understandable considering what little history is left of the god of war.

For the same reason that your character somehow knows the name of New Londo. Because fucking reasons

That can be explained by third person narration. I'm suprised you're not seeing it from this angle considering how common third person narration is.

Sound argument, fam

If you ironically or unironically use the word "cuck" in your character name you need to remove yourself from the human genepool.

I normally cant stand these meme name faggots, but "cuck" aggravates me to no end its literally "XDDDD I browwwze DA INTERWEBZZZ too ROFL SO RANDOM": The Name.