What are things we used to do that causes damage to our games?

what are things we used to do that causes damage to our games?

I know I used to blow into my cartridges as a kid, the alcohol + q-tips were saved for an "if all else fails" scenario. Today, turns out that alcohol or brasso then alcohol is the best way to clean cartridge games. You get all kinds of shit wiped off after you clean someones old carts they used to blow into.

Yes, we know you sucked dick.

You don't know me, I could be anyone.
I could even be you.

I accidentally spilled Sunny D all over my old N64 when I was trying to get a game working

Oddly enough it started working after that

kek

Hahah that was a hilarious joke my friend. exhilarating indeed!

what the FUCK man
I just tried this and gas started coming out of the cartridge and I'm pretty sure I have to leave my house for a few days
FUCK OFF

tying the wires around your controllers can actually really fuck them up if you do it too tight.

When I was a kid with an N64 for some reason i thought you had to slam the cartridges in. I'd lightly put it in the slot, then slam my hand down on it to push it in place.

Thank god for Nintendium or I probably would have broken everything. I bet they expected kids to be retarded like me.

I've found part of the problem is people don't firmly press the cartridge in, slamming it is obviously not the best idea, but definitely do a firm insert.

I don't think I've ever had a old cartridge based game stop working on me, and I used to blow into those fuckers all the time. Gonna assume it's minimal damage at best.

If you insist, user.

LOTS OF BLOWIN' IN THIS THREAD

take some brasso to your carts, clean it off with 91% alcohol, you'll be surprised.

I used to bite and gnaw on the cords of my controllers like a Dog would a bone.

If I went back in time I would slap myself and then give me some fucking gum.

You'd probably swallow it.

Man i used to put dust covers on my shit so i didn't have to blow anyone's game

I've seen some people with chewed on analog sticks. Even when I was a kid and the ps1 dualshock came out I never thought of doing that. The fuck is wrong with them?

I used to leave all my PS1 discs lying around on top of, or around, my console.

My parents thought CDs were indestructible because they grew up with vinyl and that was the meme at the time, so they never saw anything wrong with it.

I wish I could go back in time and slap myself, looking back I had a lot of really nice games that ended up ruined because I was a lazy tard.

Yeah I did that too. I wish I could tell you why, but honestly I have no idea what compelled me to do it.

Science doesn't know shit about shit when it comes to nintendo games.
You could dip a NES cart into black tar, but a single puff of air from human lungs will have it working perfectly.

I get the natural, human appeal of wanting to chew on a soft but resistant thing, its sort of like teething for infants? Still, it never even occurred to me as a kid to want to do that. I was usually the kind of person who would idly fidget with stretches or pressing buttons while the game would load, click around the sticks.

I had no idea the backing of the CD had anything to do with the data on it when I was younger. I thought all the data was stored inside the plastic using lasers and it didn't need that reflective coating for anything other than looking flashy.
But just a tiny scrape in that shiny sticker and the entire CD is useless. If only I'd known, I actually would have used CD cases instead of using stacked CDs as coasters.

That is not only retarded but also really disgusting

That's like sucking on a doorknob, but with more sweat

Oh boy you were that fucking guy

Isn't doorknob sucking some kind of deviant japanese fetish or something?

I have chewed-on analog sticks, but I didn't do the chewing. Webbum related.

If you can imagine it, then someone has masturbated to it.

Yeah…yeah that's pretty accurate.