Nintendo Movies Incoming

archive.is/prMOE

So now Nintendo is really making movies to expand their "franchises" and even has Miyamoto working on them. How do they have time for shit like this, but no time for a real Mario or Metroid game? And they're actually wasting Miyamoto's time with this instead of games? Wtf?

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/ratchet_and_clank/
archive.is/mALnP)
archive.is/v4JIT
dailymotion.com/video/x2y1t9p
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Into the trash it goes.

finally the mario bros sequel we all deserved

Might as well, since they clearly aren't going to be able to do that selling 10 million consoles.

assuming any of this is true it's safe to say Nintendo really doesn't care anymore. hell, they outsourced Star Fox, F-Zero and Metroid, good developers or no, so who's to say nothing else is up for grabs?

Oh boy, an animated adaptation of my favorite video game franchises!

No way this one can go wrong!

It's going to be a star fox movie sold as being the sequel to Zootopia

Wheres the image with the tombstone and just sonic's legs?

Hey now, Sonic Boom cartoon had its moments

Not gonna lie, the show was better than the shit game it's based on.

Lmao

rottentomatoes.com/m/ratchet_and_clank/

Also Rachet and Clank had a budget of 20mil and box office of 11 mil.

Why isnt Sony dead yet?

The reason those characters look fine in Smash is that Nintendo is extremely anal about how characters are represented. Allegedly, Sakurai told Namco that either he wouldn't use Pac Man if he had to use the new design. When Wreck it Ralph was being made, Nintendo was sent a clip with Bowser, and they complained about how he was holding his fucking teacup. (archive.is/mALnP) At the very least, I trust Nintendo to not make terrible redesigns.

They still make mad cash from their general electronics division so they can afford to constantly shit the bed in the videogame division

Movies are a massive waste of money.

fuck me

All these poor decisions… Alright, which group of jews is giving Nintendo all this "advice" lately.

Wreck it Ralph was also nearly 4 years ago. that's plenty of time to stop giving a shit especially when one of the old guard died.

Their new president is a banker.

Why are people acting like this is necessarily something new or bad for Nintendo? Are you niggaz forgetting that one of the most popular Nintendo franchises was/is Pokemon, which is a multimedia franchise complete with board games, trading card games, animated television shows and films as well as video games?

Heck, I never have sat down through a normal Pokemon game in life (not even the original Red or Blue), but I could still tell you all the original Pokemon when I was a kid because I watched the cartoon and spent tons of money on the card game (just to get them all stolen at Toys R Us tourneys).

Based Yakuza-senpai knows what he's doing. As long as they're sticking with animation and as long NoA isn't allowed anywhere near the final product, I don't see what the big deal is.

Do you really want Miyamoto being in charge of games nowadays?

Alright fuckers post yer best and worst case scenarios.

**>Paper mario movie based on sticker star
OR
Legend of Zelda movie for the fangirls and hipsters**

Either they want to keep him away from games or they want their movies to bomb so hard that the CD-i games will be seen as complex

Because back when that was created, they were still making some of the best games in video game history. Today, they're making Amiibos.

What are you trying to say?

Are you actually surprised? What do you expect someone from that kind of background to do?

they are reacting to the fact Nintendo's new president was a banker, not that the president of Nintendo, who was a banker, did this.

Has anyone seen the Pikmin shorts directed by Miyamoto?

Were they any good?

Miyamoto doesn't directly work on games since at least the Gamecube days.

besides, the one time he butted out of development we got Splatoon, so maybe it'd be good for him to be busy with something and leave the younger devs some breathing space.

Veedyu gaims.

I would fire that fucker immediately and tell him to go work at a bank, or at least move him to resource management to get the best quality developers for the lowest price, but having him as the lead, decision making faggot is the worst idea ever.

I hope it's animation and not live action.

Top that.

pro tip: you can't

shouldn't her name be Princess Watermelon?

WE WUZ MUSHROOM KANGZ N SHIEEET

I think we all do. What I'm praying for is traditional animation, not flash or 3D.

Make money?

Kimishima's a businessman, pure and simple, which is exactly what Nintendo needs at the moment. Iwata, as chill of a dude as he was, was way too sentimental and stuck in his ways to be running the show for as long as he did. Also, Iwata made the mistake of focusing too much on video games, which were always only one aspect of the Nintendo brand, just because this was the part of the company he was most attached to himself. Kimishima, not being a gamer, has more potential for looking at things more objectively and see where Nintendo has potential simply to make more money off its franchises which it has built and consolidated by not confining them strictly to video games in the first place, but which includes video games, toys or animations. People forget that Nintendo is not a video game company anymore than Sony is. They're a toy/entertainment company that just has a vidya games division, which started making playing cards for Yakuza gangbangers in a shitty part of Japan.

Kimishima's not out to pander to just one group of faggots who will just pirate Nintendo games and bitch about them anyway. He's out to make that paper by any means necessary. Either pay up or step off, nigga

Too autistic for me.

No shit.

Making money is not the same as being a respectable business.

As a banker, he'd be happy selling a box of shit if he could get away with it (or get enough money to run for the hills).

While I do agree Nintendo could expand into other entertainment, focusing on the software they made could have given them a consistent, loyal fanbase.

Now they are stepping into the world of Normalfags- and everything they do for them will either be throwing away money, or makes enough money to tempt them to ignore the people who built their damn company.

Black characters incoming

They already did that with the Wii Nintendork.

It's makes me sick that people will waste their money on plastic pieces of shit, but will torrent video games any chance they get.

Aren't they about the same about this point?

Precisely. They're trying to get him the fuck away from game development because he's been fucking things up.

Metroid needs more diversity!

Wow, I didn't even realize Iwata was a natural banker.

If they did a Wario movie that was as whacky as the Mario Bros. movie, I think I'd be okay with that.
I don't think anyone but danny divito could pull off a Wario impression though.

Stop it already freddit

Except that's not the case. If it weren't for the fact that Nintendo has always been a merchandising and multimedia heavyweight who doesn't focus strictly on video games, it wouldn't have the consistent & loyal fanbase it does now. The reason Legend of Zelda is a major franchise isn't because it's just a video game series, but a brand in and of itself, with toys, comics, apparel, and other stuff. Same thing with Mario & the others.

People complain about the amiibos but how is that out of the norm for a toy company? Nintendo has always been making toys of its franchises for years, but suddenly when these things give you an extra costume on a game in addition to looking nice on your mantle, suddenly this is the most kikish thing they've done when it's far behind the sheer Jew tactics of Disney with Infinity.

With animated films, this isn't new territory either. Again, Pokemon is just as well known for its non-video game merchandise and media, with the anime and movies being a major part of that franchise.

Yeah, because Nintendo's never done that before, right?

What, pray tell, is a meme about naming a fucking actor? Can nobody say anything because suddenly everything is a fucking meme?

Name a better actor that already practically looks like Wario.
The guy is short, fat, and ugly, who could fit the role better? Unless you know of some obscure jewish italian dwarf with obesity.

As if distracting him from the games isn't a positive thing at this point. -not that I expect a New Super Mario Bros game after they made Mario Maker or another Paper Mario game after Color Splash.

why are people replying to an article that's nearly a month old with stale old memes?

Nintendo panders to a casual audience and will no doubt create yet another dumbed down manifestation of a staggering industry. Is anyone surprised?

I know you're posting this sarcastically but shit needs updated.

You realize Nintendo themselves doesn't produce amiibo, right? And you act like Nintendo licensed toys and merch hasn't been produced for decades.

Princess Cotton.

I think it proves how much of a dead-end the game industry is, every company who works in the game industry just ends up diversifying

And before you faggots think this is anything new, might I remind you the Pokemon Movies are a thing and Nintendo did produce them through Project Pikachu, and they were box office successes in the early 2000s and even broke box office records in Japan in the late 2000s

Why is "franchises" between quotation marks?

Cause OP is a shitposter

There was also the Captain Falcon anime, the Kid Icarus promotional shorts and other things. Most of these television and movie efforts were focused on Pokemon though.

Kimishima probably means only that franchises that haven't had big animated productions before will get them. Stuff like Mario, Zelda, Metroid or maybe even Splatoon.

Because Nintendo thinks you can just go around selling Mario imagery in and of itself. They are clueless. Mario is a video game character. You can supplement the video games with other things. But they are so greedy and lazy they actually believe selling Mario licensed bullshit is actually going to make them rich.

Yeah, it's not like Mario merchandise @ Hot Topic & Spencers sells or anything.

They should cast Ron Jeremy

fucking hell, dodged a bullet with Amiibo's.
The collector in me partly wants to sperg and splash out on them.
I only have the Link one to see what they actually did.

Nobody said you had to collect them all.

What about Donkey Kong Country?

This is the exact same logic Disney and Pixar use

Fuck that

archive.is/v4JIT

Is he right?

I think it's a given that the first movie they'll do is Zelda, especially since Shiggy Diggy is being relegated to overseeing the film division and Nintendo is just going full Zelda mode @ E3 and because the Zelda fandom is in general an autistic & obsessive bunch

Shit, he actually would make a good Wario.

They just gotta throw money at the marketing teams

Thats what Disney does and their garbage movies are all sucessful

You could sell shit in can to muricans with enough marketing

Keep in mind though that this is Japanese branch that's gonna be in charge and whatever they make will also appeal to Japanese tastes and likely bring in Japanese talent from studios like Production IG and the like.

That's the joke. They want to be the new Disney.

You say that but nothing indicates that's going to be the case.

I'm sure it's real in his mind.

Except for the fact that this decision seems to have been made without virtually any consultation or involvement of the other branches of the company and Nintendo already has a history of working with established animation studios in Japan like SHAFT, I.G., OLM and such for promotional materials as well as feature films and animated television series, much moreso than it does any American studio. There's also the fact that no mention has been made at all of the role Nintendo of America will be play outside of marketing or localization. The fact that they're putting Shiggy in a position of authority over the project. And also I remember a similar thing happening when Nintendo mentioned they wanted to get into the theme park business, which ended in a deal with Universal Studios of Japan and not much else as of yet.

Nothing indicates American animation studios or even Nintendo of America has any prominent role to play yet in this venture. So, I don't know why people are acting like this is Reggie recruiting people from Pixar to make a Mario movie. Sounds more like Nintendo wants their own batch of Japanese and Korean animation slaves so they don't have to collaborate with the likes of Pixar.

Ron Jeremy.

if its any kinda of quality like they've been making their games past few years its gonna be complete shit

a kirby movie wouldn't sound so bad if they did it right, i guess

but im not quite sure if everyone would enjoy kirby

Well, just going by the official youtube channels, Kirby, Star Fox & the Squid Sisters seem like their most popular characters at the moment

i see. they've probably lost tons of influence over kids because parents would rather their kid borrow their smartphone for 20 minutes than buy a gameboy and 40 dollar games for it, in addition to the wii u being dead in the water. knowing video game movies in general, they're going to suck shit

i honestly can't think of any video game movies that weren't below average, and i wouldn't count the pokemon movies since they were basically just making movies from their tv series

All I know is that the honorary kike better fix Intelligent System's trashy streak of software, I could care less that he's spreading out assets for more security.

What if it's just more anime?

I remember the creator of Custom Robo talking about an anime in production that got canned. Maybe they're gonna start making anime based of their IPs?

From what Kimishima said, it's animation and nothing else, which seems works better for video game movies.

I think one interview did use the word "anime-ish" or something like that. If we're lucky, Nintendo will just make children's cartoons and more waifufag shit.

Yup pretty much

Maybe they'll try using their extra IPs as animes and then gather popularity that way. Like say a Golden Sun/Sin and Punishment/Custom Robo/StarTropics anime is distributed and depending on how popular the anime is, a new game can be created.

Well, keep in mind that in Japan, anime is just a general term for animation. If Kimishima did use the word "anime" it doesn't quite mean what you might think it must mean.

But if there's a non-Mario, non-Zelda IP i think they'd probably make something out of, Splatoon seems like a genuine possibility, but I imagine they do want to focus on their more established and popular IP's.

My own gameplan would be to make a non-Mario movie but make Mario shorts to attach to the beginning of the films.

yeah, you're probably correct about us seeing more established IPs like Splatoon and Star Fox. but hey, maybe we'll get that Custom Robo anime we've always wanted. Then again, I'm just day dreaming at 1:30 in the morning

If Nintendo is smart, they'll definitely use animation more as a means of promoting the games. They already did that some extent with Kid Icarus Uprising where the shorts from Shaft, Production IG etc. were well received.

So, it's not impossible that a Custom Robo anime movie or series could one day be made, but it would probably be after a new game is made that hits pay-dirt, not before.

The reason Splatoon is a good option is because it's new and the game has been very successful as a fresh IP. Mario, of course, along with Zelda & Metroid are self-explanatory. I can't see them making anything Custom Robo or Golden Sun related at the moment.

Now is the time if any to make video game movies

the Hollywood myth of comicbook movies being only rarely successful has been smashed and people in the video game industry must be thinking that there truely is away to adapt wacky source material into a feature length movie for some dosh

they're squids you dolt

And Angry Birds has probably shown that it is possible to make a critically successful video game movie.

As dumb as this shit sounds, I'd be down for new Pikmin movies. Far as I can tell, the short movies they released a short while back did pretty well.

I watched the movies online and they're actually pretty great. The first two are a little short, but they all stay true to the overall style of the games as a whole. My only problem with them is that they haven't been made sooner.
dailymotion.com/video/x2y1t9p

I think that's because it is less straight-up adaptation and more standard children's movie with subtle humor and imagery for adults that just happens to take place in a video game world.

Everything gets made into a movie. Battleship of all things got made into a movie (an even more stupid one than one would expect before seeing the trailer). -and it's not as if this is unprecedented. You act like you've never heard of any TV show or movie that supported the sales of games, most notably the Mario Bros movie that made Nintendo swear off it for the longest time.

It's always possible they could make some short movie at first like the Pikmin short movies and the recent Star Fox The Battle Begins short, which were both overseen by Miyamoto and pretty good.

Where's Sonichu on there?

What would a Splatoon movie look like?

Something like Interstella 5555 or similar wordless movies - where the characters speak in gibberish but the message is inferred from movements, facial reactions, et cetera.

And it would be an OVA special like 40 minutes long, just summarizing the events of the game, culminating in Agent 3 fighting with DJ Octavio and the Squid Sisters bringing musical backup. Might be good if they focus on the musical aspect and make it a glorified extended music video.

Sauce for image #2? Is it kinky?

This is a terrible idea! All those awful Pokemon movies and that pokemon anime that completely flopped! What is Nintendo thinking!?!?!

DAE REMEMBER THE MARIO BROS MOVIE IN THE 80S LOL!?!?!?!?

Get the fuck out, newfag

Considering the series is dead, i can see it now:

>she's just some strong brown womyn who don't need no man
>samus beats mother brain by admitting her long lost lesbian love for it

I'M ALREADY DEAD, I'M JUST FLOATING THROUGH HELL

Lurk more

I completely agree that video game movies such balls because people making them don't like games as much as you do, but how was Mario 3D World NOT a real Mario game?

It's just some anime screenshot they superimposed over. Low effort memes.

powersuit samus is best samus.

I think the safest test would be shorts, especially shorts that they could attach at the beginning of current movies. Disney has been kind of doing that, though with its own shorts/feature length films. But if Nintendo could work out a deal with a certain studio to showcase Mario CG shorts at the beginning of a major motion picture release aimed at their target demographic, that would be a great way to test the waters and show audiences what they can do. I'd go watch a shitty family blockbuster from Universal or Paramount if I knew there was going to be high quality 10 minute Mario shorts done in classic Warner Bros./Disney fashion after the trailers