How do you guys like to RP in rpg's? What playstyle/class do adopt usually?

How do you guys like to RP in rpg's? What playstyle/class do adopt usually?

Dishonourable self bump

Noble and wise wizard. Always human too, because seriously fuck the elves.

I like to be a wandering female warrior who actually is terrible and only gets by using her body to overcome her problems.

suffering.

I'm pretty sure there are some mods for Skyrim that let you do exactly that, for example, getting mugged by bandits? Just have sex with them. e.t.c

True neutral duelist

i usually just play a warrior like class, since i'm stuck with the idea from WoW that warriors are underdogs

skyrim mods definitely let you do that
there was a mod that let you surrender in battle and your opponents would rape/enslave you

Full innawoods ranger, complete with animal companion and hiding in the trees shooting arrows.

Yeh warriors are usually the underdogs because they're the most basic

I'd usually go as a knight, with a heavy sword and shield in hand.

I personally like playing a former soldier married to a lawyer, with whom I have recently had a son who later becomes the villain.
Or sometimes, I like to play as a lawyer married to a former soldier, with whom I have recently had a son who later becomes the villain.

Problems at home, user?

That's.. quite an inventive story there user

who always gets trips

Masked hero of Justice

Want to talk about something?

I'm glad my innovative RPG ideas are finally getting some appreciation around here.

When given the choice, I like to start with a "good for nothing" character and then mold the character as the game progresses.
In salt and sanctuary I started out as a cook.
feels alright

the god damn cook?

Same here, starting as a deprived character for that rags to riches story. Zero to hero.

That or a thief/assassin with a heart of gold.

Games nowadays are so bad i cant insert myself enough to care, so i kill everything that gets in my way wihtout a second thought

Btw magic is the easy mode in every rpg, only fags use magic.

War veteran(the most recent/big one in the RPG story) while blasting Fortunate Son for all the game.

fucking mountain blade is the best for this shit, hopefully butterlord will be good

never played one…
what's the best one for that in your opinion?

Mountain Blade is awesome,it's a shame that the combat can get little awkward on account of the soldiers screaming "Yaaargh!" really unenthusiastically, and the less than stellar graphics, but i dont hold it against the game

I always used to play the wizards or mages in any of the games I played because the spells always looked really awesome.

Then I started playing a warrior with a 2H sword and felt like mowing down enemies was just the right playstyle for me instead of just waiting for mana regen or chugging pots

No point in "role playing" in computer rpgs, I just try to make the best character or class.

OP didn't ask whether you find a point in rping tho

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT OP WANTS

Mount&Blade is even better for this if you use one of those mods that let you play as a common soldier before you become skilled/famous/wealthy enough to lead your own army.

The game already has troop upgrade trees, so you start as the lowest rank with shitty gear and can work your way up depending on your desired playstyle. Personally I really like being a standard Rhodok crossbowman, or a Nord viking warrior.

In short, chaotic neutral but not the wicked sense of nihilism type.

Usually a lone warrior going around the world and helping out people, who over time progresses and sees how bad the world really is, or a danger which no one else is noticing. This motivates him to fight for a greater purpose, either by supporting a side or more often creating his own kingdom/faction/force or taking one over. Fighting and seeing all the atrocities the world has to offer, he becomes cold, unmoved by emotions and often willing to do whatever it takes to achieve what he thinks is right for the world. As he achieves more, and survives things which no other man could, he thinks of himself as very important and sees others as inferior. He is truly loyal only to himself, and if he has supported anyone else before, he will not hesitate to betray them if he thinks he's more fit to rule.
Over time his character can take a big turn. He goes from protecting the people and hunting all who would oppress them to someone who has no remorse killing anyone that stands in his way, regardless of age, gender or number.
He also has a very emotional, loving side that he has to keep hidden and buried because of how he lives. If he does find love however, he will do everything to protect it and it will be what keeps his inner monster in check.
But there's not many games that let me do this so meh.

As for equipment, it's always a greatsword (or any slow hitting weapon with very high damage, if one isn't available) and armor that gives some protection while allowing me to go fast.

Wew lad, must be amazing being that tough

You wouldn't understand.

Coldsteel pls

Top kek

Most of the time when I hear chaotic neutral, I always think of some edge Lord spouting "nothin personnel kid"

because it's usually the case
which is why I'd rather use a different term but nothing comes to mind

What about Law enforcing but morally ambiguous? I'm not sure of other names to replace chaotic neutral I'm just thinking of random ideas

Mystic knight, if I can. I love playing the jack-of-all-trades, though I skip fucking faggot areas like theives and archers.

Otherwise, McGiantArmor Sheidlington Bighealthbartholemule

That's just Lawful Neutral, user.

I'm the cook.

Chaotic evil or chaotic neutral, I like to play as a Demon.

Call yourself Nietzsche:overcome your nihilistic sense of humor and become the übermensch

I love playing the traveling doctor who would heal people and collect shitloads of meds to sell at traders.

Again, like I said I'm just thinking of random ideas

Wizard who is always in pursuit of ultimate power of knowledge. Petty needs of other people are just stepping stones for the greater good and everyone's expendable.

i like to roleplay a thief

like a hardcore thief that tries to loot everything that isn't bolted down
that gets frustrated when he cant carry all his shit
as he cumplusivly hoards as much wealth as posible as he remembers how it was to have nothing
to be cold hungry and alone
the fear of a cold cell or the headsman's axe is nothing compared to his fear of hunger of poverty as he consumes anything that he can get his hands on and drinks to forget his fear of being cold and hungry.

I want this so bad user.

I like to make my character the ultimate good. Nothing less than moral perfection from my character. Every single innocent is saved, every criminal is killed. If there's a morally ambiguous choice my character does whatever puts most responsibility in their own hands.

My character has no respect for gods and will do with their earthly aspects as she sees fit.

Most of the time I play a mage because they end up being the quickest class at dealing with thieving scum and saving innocents.

are you 12?

Some people just like to be the good guy user.

It's bait, user.

Akagi pls go

I only have one character I usually RP as. He's just an inexperienced monster hunter (sometimes a Witcher, if I can squeeze that into a scenario) that gradually becomes more mature and battle weary over time.

I'm in an active RP thing with another person over skype. It's kinda fun.

I like to roleplay as you, user.

Yes, you.

12 inches deep in YOU'RE MOM

Human nationalist tank.

Free lance paladin. Loyal to his work and his religion and his land, but willing doesn't bother with shit that doesn't bother him.

Currently playing div original sin with that idea for a char. Seems fun.

SS13

I like to play as a seductive rogue that steals valuables and daughters virginity from nobles

I almost always try to play as a mage who wants to be an assassin or a warrior, depending on whichever is more fun in the game. By that I mean I'll play as a sneaky subversive mage or a mage built for close range combat and tankiness. Generally the former in TES games and the latter in most other RPGs. As for RP'ing, I'd say generally a psychopath who will go to great lengths to kill or torment any NPC that annoys me, which is why I hate modern RPGs that have invulnerable NPCs.

For real though spells are fun but not if you're just sitting in far away from the fight chucking them in the general direction of enemies.

If it's single player, dick-ass thief.
Otherwise, semi-competent wizard.

sark douls

A Lucha who wanders the lands fighting evil with his fists, unfortunately unarmed combat is normally shit in RPGs.
Failing that a Paladin dedicated to just one of the gods in the setting who goes around crushing heresy.
Both if possible.

Usually as one of the following:

Mostly the second one.

It hurts.

As for me, I usually just go with a ranger type. Jack of all trades, but master of none, at least starting out. They can fight, sneak, use bows, do a bit of hunting and alchemy, survival. They wander from place to place, doing work. Then of course get caught up in some big moment and are now the chosen one because RPGs.

A human mercenary infantryman who only cares for his own well being and that of his friends, and money of course.

OP you've been reading too much Storm light Archive.

Also, for some reason I've picked up a bad habit

Lawful neutral anything.

You can do the most horrible things and get away with it just appealing for "the greater good", which is something subjective as of itself.

I actually don't RP. I just play as self insert.
Not in terms of omg I am powerfulll wizardo but I just do stuff I would do in situation. Not necessarily what game would consider as good option but usually I turn out to be good guy.

In terms of classes I generally go with paladin or at least spell sword or battlemage. I like having arsenal of healing and plate armour on me.

If it's a fantasy setting, a qt grill with a big sword and some form of holy magic aspiring for sainthood.

I usually self insert, though I sometimes play a sexy chick. Even though there's no actual RP. I like my office lady outfit in Saints Row 2, and when there is RP, I try to be good, because evil for the sake of evil is just edgyness.

I'd like to play a little dude who gets constantly teased by a smug /ara/ Oni tbh.
And then acquire the smugness when I romance her.

I RP'd on WoW Private Roleplay servers.

If there's quality control with only common folk available for roleplay it can be good. Anyone from Slaves of Armok back in old 'Prologue'?

1 and 2 look really bad at protecting the nose, it's the best looking aventail I've seen though.

In my first playthrough on a fantasy game I play a simple warrior. No magic, no special skills, all he has going for him is his weapons and the items he finds in his quest.

My second playthrough when I kind of know what I will be facing I go for the biggest spellcaster I can find however.

That's just the plot to PIG, you hack.

Life is suffering. I just want to command animals and shit.

The tools don't matter, only The Path; people who think they are good must be shown otherwise.

That's why I still love Morrowind. You are fucking piece of shit nigger and have to prove yourself, or just fuck it all up.

Usually like to do a lawful good brawler kinda guy if the game allows you to, but there's almost never any way that fists/fist weapons can keep up with whatever flaming dick sword they end up giving you.

Paladin or righteous warrior type if paladin isnt available.

My negro.