What's Holla Forums going to do when all the original controllers for retro consoles dry up?

Doesn't matter if you're on an emulator or actual hardware, nothing beats the OG controllers.

But they become harder and harder to find and more and more expensive every year. What do when there's no quality 3rd party ones?

Just build your own.

Buy pic related of course

I will print them

WHY THE FUCK ARE THE START AND SELECT BUTTONS TILTED

IF YOU'RE GONNA MAKE A FUCKING RETRO HIPSTER BULLSHIT CONTROLLER AT LEAST FUCKING MAKE IT PROPERLY

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I dont use them

The only game console controller I've seen that has shit 3rd party controllers is the N64.

I hope by the time my N64 controllers die, quantum computing based hardware emulation is possible and I'll learn to play with whatever Wii u Pro controller exists at the time.

The Gamecube and 360 had some truly awful controllers.

Total nonsense. Modern controllers have superior ergonomics and have all the functionality and inputs of older consoles.

Stay in school, kid.

None of that matters. What matters is it handles like the OG controllers.

I owned pretty much all the major systems growing up. It doesn't make a difference. Something like an Xbone controller does everything you could want an older controller to do and do it more comfortably.

The older, thin style of controllers is objectively inferior. The only one that remotely holds up is the Saturn.

This. Even now to find a Gamecube controller is a real bitch. You either get third party shit, or the special Smash Bros one, which that ones triggers are made a lot more cheaply, my triggers would stick constantly only about a month after getting it.

If all you actually need is the d-pad and two buttons, the NES controller is very comfy because your hands barely have to connect with it, whereas your whole hand is grasping the 360 controller.

How the fuck are you people breaking all your fucking controllers?
Even the N64 and gamecube ones that i've had for over 13-17 years and put shit tons of hours into still look great.

i expect nintendo to start re-releasing old hardware

I can see this happening. But they're going wait until this shit is good and expensive aren't they?

I dont live in America, here people just cant see how valuable the things they have are so they sell them cheap.

It's more worthwhile to buy old hardware than amiibos.

My N64 analog sticks are totally trashed, but all buttons and Gamecube analogs are fine.

You guys do know that stuff like this exists right?

Yeah, I've noticed the N64 ones in game shops.

All that means is that you're a filthy casual :^)

They're garbage, user.

For the most part, the controllers are the most durable parts of old gaming hardware. I'm probably the least worried about them. Plus I have a surplus of backups for most consoles.

N64 controllers really do require special care. Anyone who cares about theirs should really look into how to lubricate them. It's the best way to keep them from wearing down.

I was 6 years old.

Nes controllers hurt your hands, they're like the Cap'n Crunch of console input.

It'll be a long way away OP, plus, people make their own. In fact, for the original hardware too. The SNES and NES pads are honestly pretty bad. SNES especially when you compare it to the Genesis.

It wouldn't surprise me if they made reprints of old controllers simply because there was demand for 'em, hell they made special Gamecube controllers and adapters for Wii U because of Melee autists and anybody else who didn't want to play Smash 4 without the GC controller.

I had a hard time finding original GC controllers and memory cards, cause almost no one owned a GC in Easter Europe and whatever was available was being sold to scalpers in the west thanks to the whole retro boom. It also took me so long because I wanted sane prices.

Finally managed to get a 59 MC for 2$ and 251 for 5$. I got my GC controller for 12$.

For OG XBOX getting those short cords for the controllers was the biggest bitch.

Finally managed to get

I was too, and most of mine are now fucked. But I still use them sometimes, and I take damn good care of the ones that are still alright. I'm saying that anyone out there who still routinely uses theirs should look into proper care.

Opinions. I never liked Genesis pads much.

everything about this is wrong, and that's not even taking into account the fact that someone made a fucking sandwich person OC

Or you can't take care of your shit (^:

How badly does this trigger you.

Nostalgia or hipster wise ? no

But you must be a madmen to think there isn't better technology and comfort in modern gamepads and i am not talking about chink plastic knock offs but newer designs like the wii u pro etc

I still have one of these new in the box.
Some guy included it over a decade ago when I bought use floppy UFO drive

DUDE VAPE LMAO

But why would you do that to those? Hopefully they weren't working models.

They were.

You sound like a faggot. You're probably 12 or something.

I have an OG NES controller

All these underage fags, they probably think they're made of ABS plastics like modern game controllers

They're not, NES controllers are made of very heavy-duty thick plastic, like you'd find on an old arcade controller board, I think that's what they were trying to go for, this plastic does not crack like modern ABS plastics, when you beat these controllers they get little dents and scratches, but they will never crack of shatter

3D printers use ABS plastics

its not about technology (controller technology has changed very little since the 80s, aside from the introduction of modern control sticks)

Controllers back then had significantly better build quality, then they started getting cheap around the N64 era

fucking savages

Why do hipsters have to ruin fucking EVERYTHING?

bump

You can't replace those classic Nintendo D pads.

lolno. I was a Genesis kid growing up, and still prefer its library, but the controller is far worse. Less inputs than the SNES, and due to the button layout, you can't hit certain combos without moving your whole hand and doing a claw. You can't hit A and C on a Genesis, or A/X and C/Z if you have the six button controller, at the same time, but you can hit any combo of buttons on the SNES at the same time. If you have the six button controller, you have as many buttons as the SNES (except select), but it's still better to have those two buttons on the back instead of sticking them on the face of the controller.

That said, the D-pad is one of the best. Saturn too. Don't know why they fucked it up so hard on the Dreamcast, and why Xbox made them so small and shitty when they finally brought somewhat similar d-pads back.

Four button diamond layout > three/six button layout

Shoulder/back buttons > no shoulder/back buttons

Symmetry > asymmetry. My hands are symmetrical.

More inputs are better as long as they don't get in the way of the shit that's already there.

This is why stoners are the worst people to ever live.

This is the worst tier list I've ever seen.

Hotgluing a Pokemon amiibo is better than ruining a controller.

I mean it's a comfortable controller, but make sense?

That faggot ass share button is the worst. The only good thing about it is to freeze the console when using remote play, since the PS button works a little different on Vita. I'm not sure how many times I've pushed it thinking it might be something useful too, only to remember it always has that retarded function.

The "Share" button is garbage, but its stupidity is a software issue. Plug it into your PC and just pretend it's Select.

And the trackpad doesn't get in the way at all. It's in the fucking middle of the controller. At worst, it's a few extra buttons. Once again, if you plug it into the PC it makes using the mouse a lot easier from the couch (I can swap games without going to use the keyboard/mouse). I'm not judging the games, just the controller. When the trackpad is used well it's cool, like in Tearaway.

Just get one of the ones that look like cigarettes instead of a mouth fedora.

I just don't see why they couldn't have left it as the fucking select button and make start and select at the same time take screenshots. Now there's just one less button devs get to work with. Also fuck them and their facebook integration bullshit. It's always showing me pictures of real people and asking if I know them for some stupid ass reason when i don't even have any of that shit.

You must have actually logged into facebook for that to happen. Which means you actually do use facebook to some degree. You brought it on yourself.

Due to the placement of Start and "Share" I map the right and left sides of the trackpad to be Start and Select when using it for emulation. The DS4 still has more inputs than previous controllers, but yeah, a fucking "Share" button is so damn stupid. If they needed that feature to attract the normalfags, just make it so you press some buttons in conjuction with the PS button or something. The PS button is already the designated button for stuff that isn't part of the actual game. No need for a second one of those.

No, I certainly didn't. The only thing that I can think is when this one girl requested my real name it started asking me to add her friends or something. I think that's when it started it, but it might be people that work for Sony or are popular or something, since their pictures look like something out of an ad.

They do show me devs and shit to "follow" (even when I find one that made games I like and follow them, I don't get what it does), but it never says I know them. Just says I might want to follow them, since they're devs, not friends.

PS4 controller is almost N64-tier trash.

The original controllers were plastic, rubber dome buttons, and PCBs. Any replica is literally exactly as good. It's not like they were made from a long lost magic or some shit.

I'm a huge nostalgiafaggot, but what the fuck is wrong with you retarded nostalgiafaggots?

I just looked and there is "who to follow" that looks like dev and playstation help type accounts and then there's "players you may know" where it assumes I might know some of these random ass people because we share mutual friends. I think a lot of them are from Spain to as I somehow ended up with a bunch of people from Spain through playing my Vita and their names are Santiago and a bunch of stuff like that. It just looks really fucking weird, because half of them it's showing real photos.

Yeah, I'm not really worried about their ability to replicate it. You just have to look into what you're buying. There's actually people who review replicas down to weight and measuring them with a micrometer and shit.

nah, the trackpad is annoyingly place, I keep swipping my fingers when playing gta5 (friend gift) and switching the radio to nigger music that make me want to rip my ears out or switching my weapons when I try pushing the option button which is horribly placed too.
yeah, I also used my PC, witch is nice for 5min until you realize that I keep moving the mouse all over the place when trying to press the share or option buttons, its just way too big of a trackpad.

also those share/option buttons are cheap, I poped one on my first controller

at least I finished JSRF but holy fuck

Back to kidsworld faggot.

he's not even a stoner
he's a fucking faggot inhaling water vapor flavoured with shit and added nerve toxins

You can still find OG controllers for now user, that's why I've gathered tons of the fucking things. I've even got some terribly rare Japanese controllers. The trick is get good ones while you can so you have back ups in case yours break. Still taking good care of what you have now is pretty key, and thankfully really old controllers like NES/SNES/Genesis are so simple not much can go wrong with simple care.

How? Are you digging your hands in to the corners or something?

Do you have tiny hands?

The NES controller is super comfortable to me, I just barely hold it, and I have monster hands btw.

Vaping =/= getting stoned

Vaping is arguably even worse.

I sense this image was made by a Sonygger

Nigger you what?

Genesis controllers are god-like. There are exactly zero problems.

Hell, I'm even going to say something controversial:
Genesis Six Button>SNES Controller

The cig ones either aren't reloadable or can only be reloaded with cartridges or some shit. Might as well get a pen or a box.

Anyone who couldn't figure out the N64 controller is an inbread retard who was dropped on their heads as a kid. Go kill yourselves post haste.

I feel like the first one has potential. There's got to be a way to put a custom tank actually inside of the controller. I'd buy one if they could figure that out. The other three are just ridiculous (unless the GBC really works, because then it goes back to being neat).

Invest in decent USB controllers, I guess. iBuffalo SNES USB controllers are pretty good, I got two so that I could do Kirby Superstar with my niece.

A little off-topic, but what's the best SNES emulator? Or does Holla Forums have a wiki for that shit or something? I wanna play DQVI and the translation for the DS kills me.

Also here's a picture because you chromosome hoarders would end up hurting yourselves without one.

Higan is perfect from all my playtesting, I highly suggest it (and I'm a hardware fag, so my standards are absurd).

Don't show them the Twin Stick Shooter configuration, it would blow their fucking minds.

I personally use zSNES, Never had any issues.

Those are the ones that are made by R.J. Reynolds and Philip Morris. I didn't know they were shilling on Holla Forums now.

Hey kids, you like video games? You know, there's nothing more satisfying after beating that final boss than relaxing with a fine Camel cigarette, or vaping one of our fine E-Cigarette lines.

Remember, anything other than genuine Camel E-Cigarette is just a mouth fedora. And you wouldn't want to get made fun of over the internet would you?

Oh, and to clarify why I like Higan: I'd describe it as extremely accurate.

It's not just acceptable, it's perfect, to the point where it won't run a game if it doesn't like it's code just like a real SNES.

I use it to test hacked roms before I put them on my Everdrive to play on my hardware.

Nice, I dig it.

If higan doesn't accept the translation, I'll check it out.

It could have to do with the fire retardant that wasn't mandated in plastics used with consumer electronics until the mid 90(which were incredibly toxic), but you're right that the plastic back then was really different. It wasn't as hard but it wasn't flexible either, it was in the perfect middle ground.

Today it's all glossy brittle plastic with a rubberized texture that wears off. Back then it felt solid. Even tupperware from before the 80's is entirely different, that plastic could last several lifetimes of daily use. Today it's thinner and feels off.

That's not even controversial.

Is that what Nintendium is made of? How do we get it back?

Are you actually posting that in defense of the N64? Because that's a point against it. Due to the retarded design, 1/3 of the inputs may as well have not existed. Devs were limited in the buttons they could use without making the player move their whole fucking hand or hold the controller in a manner to which most people weren't accustomed, which was not intended, and is usually considered less comfortable.

The Saturn 3D controller has as many inputs and you can use them without moving your entire hand. It came out a week after the N64. The PS Dual Analog controller was a little bit later, but it actually had more inputs than the N64 controller, while actually letting you use them all.

The N64 controller is wasted space, but you mongoloids act like "it's a feature!"

There isn't a mic on the DS4. But the console comes with a cheap earbud headset that plugs into the controller, IIRC.

That said, I wouldn't dislike a mic. It's an extra feature that wouldn't get in the way. I don't see the problem.

Are you playing PS4 on a CRT? How do you see the light reflecting off the screen?

Haven't had problems with the sticks yet. Granted PS4 has only actually gotten games in the last six months or so.

Facebook button has already been addressed. Software issue, not controller issue.

Touchpad is an extra feature that doesn't get in the way. Ignore it if you want. It gives more options though.

Battery life is pretty shit though. I'll give you that. But it's easy enough to just play with it plugged in when you need to charge it. You can use any USB cord and plug it into any outlet or the PS4 itself.

I'd argue it's too small a trackpad for a lot of things. But I don't think I'd want a much bigger one or the controller would have to be bigger and more cumbersome. I do dislike the size and shape of Start and "Share" compared to previous controllers though. But I've never had the problem of accidentally swiping the pad. When I first got it I would sometimes accidentally press it, thinking the Start Button was still there, though.

I'm sorry, but your nostalgia is wrong.

Didn't bother to post Wii Classic but I should have. It's pretty good. One of my favorites, actually.

Gamecube is shit. Has as many face buttons as the SNES, but on the SNES you could hit any combo you want. Go ahead and try to hit B and X or Y at the same time on the gamecube. You have to move your whole fucking hand. Don't act like that's a feature, it's a fuckup.

Also, C-stick a shit, d-pad a shit, and there should have been a "Z" button on the other side. In fact, the Z button should have been on the other side in the first place, since it was usually used by the left hand on the N64 controller. If Nintendo wanted to be dumb, they should at least have been consistent about it.

Xbox is shit because shit d-pads and asymmetry. Ok, not shit, but just the evolution of the minor but noticable ways Sega was fucking up before them.

Dreamcast is that high purely because of the VMU. VMU was the best.

The Genesis six button has as many buttons as the SNES, but unlike the SNES, you can't hit certain combos as easily. You can't hit A/X at the same time as C/Z without moving your hand. SNES put those extra two buttons on the back, where you can use them more easily. That alone makes it superior, even if it does have a worse D-pad. If the SNES d-pad was absolute shit maybe I'd rank it differently, but it's still good, even if not as good as the Genesis.

But you're the one who couldn't figure it out. You still haven't figured out that 1/3 of the controller was entirely wasted in practically every game because of Nintendo's retarded design.

Why, the most reliable and stable emulator of them all, user!

I always used ZSNES, never had any problems, but I've never played on a real SNES, so take that with a grain of salt. From what I understand NES, Genesis, SNES etc are emulated without a problem on PCs these days, so it shouldn't matter which emulator you pick, as long as it's finished.

Isn't Sega Saturn controller pretty much Genesis 6-button controller + L/R? I've heard it was perfect for fighting games. Is it because of the shoulder buttons?
Here's how I imagined it:
niggers always use those tournament gamepads to play fightan games, right? Well, I imagined they started out with a genesis 6-button controller, placint their right hand onto the buttuns as one would on an arcade pad.
Am I overthinking it and gamepads actually evolved from arcades instead of console controllers?