Blue States Rush to Block Trump’s Emissions Rollback

archive.is/Yh6gS

They are stuck in 2008 hopeandchange land. Will likely never re-orient themselves.

Their only option is a state law mandating it. But good luck with the repercussions of that.

on what grounds can they challenge a President cancelling a previously implemented executive order?

This issue is Cali really has the country by the balls when it comes to auto regs. All they have to do is pass some state level reg and because their market is so large the Auto companies will comply and sell the rest of the states the same over regulated garbage. All they have to do is team up with some other high population leftist states like NY and IL and they can demand pretty much anything they want from the auto companies. The CARB standards are what have shit up the auto industry in the first place.

Can you be a bit more specific? California used to have a massive problem with smog that has been remedied to a large extent. I'm also not sure there's overwhelming support for worse fuel economy in the country.

Trump is a retard when it comes to the environment. We need fashy greens right now.

>>>/trs/

The problem's not the cars. It's the city.

Cities have been around for thousands of years. I don't see them going away any time soon.

THANK GOD
You know shit is getting fucked up with emissions requirements when MAJOR AUTO COMPANIES start fucking cheating. The Goals that were being mandated by the EPA violated the laws of thermodynamics and basic physics, destroying car culture turning vehicles into soap-bar-mobiles with 0 power.

Look at the gun market, we have NY/CA/MA specific guns, auto companies could choose to have specific configurations of their models only available in certain states. If the Manufacturers decide to use this to their advantages they could use it as a cudgel to beat the states into submission. Also he could use the full faith and credit clause and some loopholes to require them to register used out of state vehicles. So if you bought a Truck that was non-compliant at mfg. even if you moved to commiefornia they would be forced to register it.
We just need to smash the 9th district court, and have a few SCOTUS judges. Then the country is our oyster.

Yet their dwellers clear like rodents, when someplace more attractive presents itself. All it takes is a new road, be it railed or paved to set migration.

fuck off, TRSodomite

The Right and the Left have nothing in common anymore. The differences can't be worked out politically.

Like President Trump?

He'd rather live in the countryside, after his terms, last I heard. Do tell me how someone suffering in a city gives him no right to end the suffering of others.

After his terms he'll be pushing 80. That's not particularly uncommon to be moving on at that age. Considering he builds nearly all of his residential properties in major metropolises, I'm not sure he would view it as "suffering". I'm not really sure what this particular tangent has to do with the original point, though. Cities aren't going away and measures to reduce air pollution have worked. I'm not really sure where the issue is here or why it's an issue at all.

It's business, that's what. He had to do a lot of dirty deeds to get where he is, and like hell if he'll forgo what he did it all for. He was only playing the hand he was dealt.

That cannot be done without violence, and Trump himself is a man who has sworn to a bloodless presidency, especially within state borders.

The federal clean air act gave CA specific power to enact even stricter emission standards than the feds, other states are allowed to join them and follow the rules CA puts out instead of the fed standards, 12 or 13 currently follow CA standards. What this does is give CA an undue amount of power in shaping national emission and mpg standards. CA regulates the shit out of cars, a dozen other libshit states follow their lead and boom the auto industry applies their regulations to the entire country. What CA should be doing is changing zoning laws and building mass transit to get people out of cars but it will never happen as these gov shitheads in CA can't manage a lemonade stand.

Like a broken clock CARB might be right from time to time but almost everything they do is a shit show i.e. to nonprofits like this:
freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2646149/posts?page=2

If people wanted higher fuel economy standards the manufactures would build them. As it is (in the US) people want big comfy cars and lots of HP and they chose that over high MPG.

The real issue with Obamas EPA requirements is they are essentially impossible to meet. It's one thing to require incremental increases but it was a huge bump in the average.

Having different flash suppressors and pinned clips are fairly easy to localize for, emission systems and mpg standards are not. They used to do it though. Have you ever heard of 49 state legal cars? That happened because CARB had higher standards than the EPA, for a while they build cars just for the CA market, none of the cars for the other 49 states could be registered in CA. After enough states adopted the CARB standards they now sell 50 state cars and everybody in the country is now controlled by CARB. In fact CARB is basically writing the new standards for the EPA.

Well he does have 2000 acres in VA and 230 acres in NY outside of NYC with huge mansions on them of course.
nydailynews.com/life-style/real-estate/donald-trump-vast-portfolio-private-homes-article-1.2305847

So the government on a federal level ceded power to California. That sounds like it is what it is.
No, I don't believe that for a second. Higher turnover for oil companies is very desirable in the US and they are a premier power bloc within this country. They set hard policy, domestic, foreign, and economic.
The bottom car in the pic related easily surpasses 54mpg and it just uses aerodynamics to achieve it. The top car is an experimental Maybach from 1938 Germany the builder used as a template.

Oil companies can't tell you what car to buy only you can. The Oil companies haven't gotten a single law enacted on their behalf that sets a cap on MPG. Higher MPG cars have been available in the past and are still available today and never sold well nor do they sell well now, people in the US at least choose heavier higher HP cars.

Personally I'm obsessed with MPG as I have long drives and am an Engineer who is autistic about that kind of thing. People choose cool cars with V8s over that kind of thing though. I got 54+mpg in my 91' CRX HF and 65mpg in my 00' Insight, neither of those cars sold well, at all. And those aerodynamics didn't help that car in the picture much, the Civix VX already gets 51mpg.

No, but automotive companies can collude to make certain vehicles unavailable and less prevalent. Sometimes the government can even do things like granting huge tax write offs for SUVs that get poor gas mileage. They might even mysteriously destroy electric cars from a pilot program that testers overwhelmingly wanted to purchase.
I think smaller cars actually tend to sell pretty well. Cheap buy and cheap to run. When you saddle lower MPG cars with extra batteries in the trunk and novel powertrains that increase cost, it's no wonder they don't sell the way they should. And it's certainly not like American companies aren't aware of the effect aerodynamics can have on efficiency. They're the ones who practically perfected it.
The Aerocivic averages well over 60mpg and can push 90+ in ideal conditions [flat road, highway miles].

Ah huh and I'm sure that car has a five star crash rating, can go from 0 to 60 in less then ten seconds, can comfortably seat 4 people at the same time and cost less then 30k too right user?
People are doing their usual overreaction to this anyway. Trumps not going to just throw everything away. All he's likely going to do is lower the 2025 standards to sane levels (i.e. something that's not going to make every single car cost an extra ten grand in eight years). Though knowing these people, maybe that was just the plan along. Cars are still a mostly white thing in this country after all.

Sure. 100%.

I just want to own a sub-$10k-retail shitbox. Is that so wrong?

They can eh? So…..do they? How exactly is this accomplished? Apparently there is this huge market out there for bare minimum tiny high mpg cars that look like dildos but every single auto manufacture isn't going after it because…….collusion? Kickbacks? I'm sure the shareholders would love to know why all these sales are being left on the table………
Thats a red herring. What % of car buyers took advantage of that tax write off? which I agree shouldn't have existed in the first place
It's not a mystery, they were experimental cars and they didn't want to deal with the liability and keeping parts in stock for whatever the mandated amount of time is. They disappeared the INSTANT they no longer needed them for CA regulations. That group of cali virtue signaling faggots who wanted to keep their leased experimental cars can get bent. GM was already losing a shit ton of money on the cars. Should the gov have forced them to keep making and maintaining them before the tech was viable?
the Rav4EV was mostly off the shelf Toyota parts, the EV1 was very custom and the parts were made in small numbers making the Rav4 a lot easier for Toyota to deal with long term.

You "think"? Take a look at the sales numbers. If there was a huge demand there would be supply ready to satisfy it in short order.
Hybrid is one way to go about it. Making them smaller, less seats, lower HP, higher gearing is a better route to go than hybrid (case in point my 91' civic got better mileage than a modern hybrid), but people want all the bells & whistles and 350hp. And they don't like their cars to look like sperm.
Why do you think every single car looks essentially the same in 2017? Because every single car company is chasing lower Cd numbers.
Your average punter is not an autistic hypermiler who pulses and glides their way to 90mpg on flat land in a stripped down 25 year old car. They want a car with 10 airbags, modern crash standards, traction control, 15 speaker stereo systems etc. etc. etc. and right now gas prices are still too low for that to be as big of a consideration as comfort, speed and looks. If gas was $10/gal that consideration would change and people would buy small high mpg stripped down cars.

The other issue is that only about half the battle is peoples choices. Crash test standards have added an immense amount of weight. I've driven the 2016 civic and it is a pig compared to the 91' CRX even with the CRX's tall tranny and tiny low HP motor and it's because they were so much lighter back then.

Nope, that two and a half decade old Civic VX is a death trap. Only simple air bags, no crash zones built into the frame etc. youtube.com/watch?v=5Y4yIjT83kA

The pro-choice people won't let you

forgot to mention I'm a88673 but my brother just got our IP banned like a retard which is why I'm now a torfag

Mass transit is bullshit make work program. We already have the tech and manufacturing to build 8K electric cars with fast swap batteries. Anyone can finance that. However it's a chicken and egg problem as no one wants to build the fucking battery swap stations to power these cheap cars sine they'll be no money in it. So no cars come with fast swap batteries. The problem with petrol based fuels is they are so damn convenient, profitable to the end users because time is money and the infrastructure is geared towards fast fueling petrol.

Exactly this. WTF? The only solace I take from the recent fuckery is that if a dem president ever happens again, now we have precedent set for some pissant district judge to block their EO's nationwide, and apparently now the ability for states to sue to block revocation of EO's. However, in truth, both of these angles of attack need to be put down hard.

Have people forgotten already?

I wonder, if Trump plays his cards right, he could use problems like this to mobilize Middle (True) America to perform all sorts of actions and projects that would otherwise be left undetected, let alone considered. Perhaps a great deal of crucial infrastructure?

Not much will really change if emission standards are rolled back. We are at the point where it's easier for manufactures to just cheat on said tests instead of making vehicles that can pass them.

These treasonous fucks will burn in hell for trying to block tye return of the mazda rotary engine.

TBH sooner EVs become universal, sooner the oil kikes go out of business.

That's one of the gayest things I've ever read on Holla Forums. And that includes all the black cock raids.

Yeah, the environment is important. 50-something mpg by 2025 is unrealistic. It's a push to put everybody in electric weemobiles, and eventually make cars so expensive that nobody can afford them, and they'll have to move into big cities where they can be monitored and controlled - and forced to ride buses with lesbians and jerks.

Granted, supposedly 100mpg was possible back in the 50s or some shit in an all-steel, three-ton, big-block gas-guzzler, but I honestly think that's just more tinfoil-hattery.

Cars are expensive as fuck now

the only reason the price went up is because I bought a newer car, I'm not sure where you are but cars are certainly affordable if you know how to save up money

they'll be driving the equivalent of pic related

Eat shit and die, faggot. You have no idea how what environmentalism is.

Since when did Ford take bailout money?

Yeah, if you just want some pile that you have to work on every weekend just to keep it road worthy. I was all about working on cars well into my 30s. I'm getting too old and busted up to be rolling around on the concrete in puddles of oil and coolant and tranny fluid.

idk I absolutely hate working on cars and neither of my cars have had any major issues. Pretty much all I need to do is change the oil and other light maintenence. Granted I had to sell my first car because the clutch just randomly stopped working and my current car I had to change the exhaust manifold, but that's only two things in 3-4 years plus my dad helped me work on it.

trs pls

Pure Coincidence

Yet again, I am wishing that this nightmarish vision the cucks have of him to come true. I want him to throw it all away, and strike at the heart of this disease, and not simply treat the symptoms.

>vehicle emissions standards set in motion by the Obama administration.

Are they talking about CO2 emissions? Because that has nothing to do with pollution, CO2 isn't a pollutant.

I don't know a whole lot about climate change aside from what was taught in school, but isn't co2 one of the bad things? the whole environmental issue area is still one I haven't been redpilled on, can someone help me out? sage for spoonfeeding request, but trying to read up on it myself was really confusing.

my gut tells me a lot of it is false but my conceinse doesn't want to hurt the environment or the earth

user when people say "95% of all scientists" or whatever the amount is, they are talking about 95% of a specific group that was selected to recieve the question.

CO2 is what makes plants grow.

Cali has nobody by the balls.

doesn't that defeat the point of such a question?

well yeah but we humans put out enough co2, right? if we put more out via fossil fuels wouldn't it affect the air quality for us?

Were you born yesterday?

Good goy, I mean guy. Just wait for Goebbels.

Did you know Mike Judge is a cuck? Also,
Has it really gotten that bad, here?