Kayin and Abeni: Afro Space Adventures Issues 1 and 2

The second issue came out last week.

WE

WUZ

so, why is Hellboy 2 black guys now?

New issue will come out next month. It seems pretty standalone, so maybe I'll just storytime that one issue instead of all three. Or if you guys don't like it let me know so I don't waste board space.

Its ok. Seems like an interesting series so far.

I kind of want to give them shit for creating an African-themed sci-fi adventure that's all generic tribal-looking aesthetics and makes and shit, but at the same time, it's charming and interesting in its own way.

SPACEMEN

WE WUZ SPACMAN N SHIIII

Thank you for the storytime OP. Book obviously "borrows" a lot from Mignola, but subject matter sets it apart far enough. It is also better than other Mignola-like books like Anchor for example. It's nice to see design that was informed by author's experiences and culture for once, instead of just low effort mixture of vaguely African things and pop culture references.
Art is good, but has the same weaknesses that Mignola did and still does to a degree: perspective, architecture, and occasional panels that have too little visual information. Infusing some originality would help it a bit too. Writing is straightforward and competent, and that's exactly what you need for a good action and revenge story.

Overall, pretty good, especially for two rookies. Publishers should look for books like that instead of hipster-pandering and politic-baiting garbage.

It's far less generic than other African-related settings and characters you see in comics. Only things close to it aesthetically are Hellboy issues involving Africa and Jumanji cartoon. Mignola imitation artstyle aside, this looks far more original and thought-through than art direction from Black Panther movie.

That existed? Was it good?

It was a Klasky Csupo abomination, so everything about it was horrendous, especially the art.

I saw an episode or two as a kid and remember thinking it was decent. Something that stuck out to me was a scene where the younger brother picks up some toys Robin Williams had on the shelf in his home (in the cartoon, the kids go into the Jumanji world instead of the creatures coming out into the regular world.) The sister chided him, but Robin explained it was ok because they didn't belong to him, they belonged to the kids who didn't make it.

Klasky Csupo had nothing to do with it, it was just designed by Everett "Duckman" Peck

Show would be a lot better without the hamfisted life lessons/scenes outside of Jumanji

I liked it as a kid. It got creepier than most shows, had unique aesthetic going for it with mix of the Indian and African jungles and nearly every animal being dangerous, and it gets creepier and weirder than most kids' cartoons. Villains are also more interesting than in most kids cartoons.
Protagonists also had a clear goal, which was freeing the Robin Williams character, and worked towards it on most episodes, which made it interesting. Especially since they almost accomplished it few times but had success ripped from them due to technicality or their oversight.

bump

Does that guy even have a job anymore?

I got an email telling me this series is going on indefinate hiatus, and it reminded me to buy the 3rd (and, for now, last) issue.

/end storytime

I got an email from the creator saying that he's working on something new though.

The good one is : I have a good reason!

So is this board run by Redwood now? What's with all this generic nigger shit?

I've been banned for pointing out a VA being black before becuase it was "irrelevant" and "bait". Meanwhile, autistic shitposters are running wild with no consequences.

Get your shit together man. You just look like a drooling retard when you post like this.

Well that's a shame it ends like that. Still it was fun to read. Thanks OP!

Considering I can call you a shitstirring niggerfaggot that gets fucked by niggers I would say no.
Shitstirring niggerfaggot.

Fuck off, false flagging nigger.

Storytimed this on halfchan. The artist of the comic showed up and posted some stuff from the projects he was working on.

First pic is from the new project he is working on, the other ones are from Felix and Macabber. I don't know exactly what it's about, but it involves a monster kid and a wrestler.

user, you need to kill yourself.