Dust 514 shutdowns on May 30

Dust 514 or EVE Halo/CoD/Battlefield Edition shuts down, why did they think of making this game a Playstation exclusive when it was initially built on the PC?

archive.is/fHRL4

And is giving way to "Project Nova" because if you failed once, gotta try again for dem shekels!

archive.is/6Mxs3

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2813715
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This game are out?

*came

Came out on May 14, 2013, almost 3 years ago, but from hearing about the EVE community of autists, they didn't give a shit about hiring the Dust 514 mercenaries, because space battles seem more efficient.

It was essentially a metagame for EVE and not stand alone game of its own.

Why the fuck was this never released on PC anyway?

Apparently they are making one but its different and not large scale.

The idea of those spreadsheet fuckers in EVE hiring you to fight shit on planets sounded sick.

I'll let the autist from EVE explain it forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2813715

But tl;dr, they got an exclusive deal with Sony to make it an exclusive there, because Planetside 2 wasn't enough, they wanted another game!

The Shanghai devs protested this because the PS3 was limited and becoming old, and that year PS4 released, but hey, CCP suits who didn't know the PS3 market didn't give a shit about PC or Xbox.

And thus the game died.

A failure so nice, we had to try it twice!

Yeah, I was pretty excited about the game when I thought it was coming to PC.

The larger context from virtual corp warfare would have been cool.

Eve was shit from the get go.

If they had put it on PC, made the game look a lot clearer/less grey+orange+blue, and promoted it as a "CSGO, but with clan battles ever day!" They would have done great.
Waiting to see if Project Newfail is any good.

Rumor are coming out that Project Nova is following Overwatch and Battleborn's lead with arena fighting with some vehicles in the vein of "Gladiators fighting over the right of a planet" shit.

Just take it with a grain of salt.

Fucking terrible. An EVE FPS should be trying to give ARMA a run for it's money.

I'd want it.

Link is 404, by the way.

WELCOME TO… HALO REACH!

Great concept that went wrong in every possible way. Honestly when 90% of your potential player base is on PC paying subscription for the other game that is taking place in same universe on same servers then releasing Dust as PS3 exclusive shortly before release of PS4 using engine that isn't ideal for such game from devs that never worked on shooter with only minimal interaction with the big PC game is like begging for failure.

Just a question, what would happen if the mine was live and someone activated the sensors ? Would the backblast actually kill the guy ? Just blow his entire head up ? Or just snap his neck ?

Halo isn't at all like CoD or BF, why the fuck do people group them together when Halo is most similar to UT then any other FPS?

It's C4 explosive in a plastic case. What do you think will happen?!
Also: the M18 is not really a "mine". It is a directional weapon that has tk be triggered by a detonator. You can rig it to work with a tripwire or a timer, but neither of those methods are used too often.

I assume they were paid to.