ITT: Cardinal sins of a genre you love

ITT: Cardinal sins of a genre you love

JRPGS

That's called good game design. Do you think they're going to make the game a cakewalk?

jrpgs are a cardinal sin in a medium I love

You're just complayining about Earthbound, you fucking philistine. Consider suicide for having such shitty taste in vydia.

Flips Sombrero

That was my fucking point, you retard.

I really like inventories with differently shaped items. I like fiddling about.

Guess what: they're all part of the same genre.

You are my nigger.

Nothing feels better then being able to stuff that one extra item in there after playing some inventory tetris.

JRPGs

Fuck off with this shit, its a shame I can't enjoy trails of the sky.

All JRPGs are like Dragon Quest.
Pokemon is a just a more recognizable example.

nothing quite like it.

i think combat systems that are based around revives are silly

My biggest problem with JRPGs is that it's all just number crunching buried under a layer of flashy moves done one after another.
Since this is the stalest shit, they gotta throw in RNG with crits and misses to waste the player's time, getting them to think they might pull off something that simple algebra application would tell them won't work (without RNG thrown in).
And this is why the main draw for these sort of "games" isn't the game, it's story/plot/waifus.
But these aren't made into books, movies, comics, TV series, etc. either because they want in on the games industry, or because can't competently write it for any other medium.
regardless, I enjoy them like the faggot I am

Platformers

This is especially bad on Suikoden 1. You can't get the good ending unless you recruit all 108 people. If you talk to a certain guy at a certain moment (and it's a very casual moment, not crucial to the story) and you're still missing even one recruit, say goodbye to your file. You're not even given a warning.