Controller Thread

I'll start.

That dildo looks like it hurts.

Can you bind keys to the prostate?

Filename says it all.

Neat but handles look really tiny from that angle.

Not the perfect case but the modular approach is the right one. Wish there was something like this with The Duke as the base and all modules needed for compatibility to all gaming systems.

This is fully modular too. Don't know if it's shit or not though.

Forgot pic.

You can even do this shit with it.

Uh oh masterpiece alert

If you get one of the later print runs where the analog sticks don't rot the Dualshock 4 is the most comfortable controller I've ever used. Only thing I'd change about is instead of the textured lower half for the chasis. I'd like a rubberized lower half

Fully-modular. I like it. But that shit probably costs more than an Xbone Elitism

I just found out the fucking things costs nearly as much as a console.

Honestly my favourite controller ever. It's not even the one I grew up with, it's one that came later when I got a top loader after the cartridge slot stopped working correctly in the original model NES.

Newfags pls

My 360 controller for PC is still going strong after five years.

The left analogue stick has a little deadzone when moving to the right and ZR has become a little lame (I blame my hardmode run of Metroid Zero Mission, I hammered the shit out of it). Otherwise it still holds up great.

The complaints about the D-pad are also overstated.

the Dpad is really a wheelbarrow of dicks. Even playing Souls is a pain with it compared to a DS.

Looks like they made it for browsing menus, not actually play
The Bone feels like it too, the Duke wavy version was definetely for it
The DS2/3 feels like it was made just to add space into the controller, i remember the DS1 (original) being awkward but had a good feeling

money

If you apply lateral pressure to the d-pad it will hit the side of the housing before ever registering an input. So if you keep your thumb in the centre and use quick side to side movements, you're fucked. There are YouTube tutorials on how to sand down the d-pad so that this stops happening. The fact it's even an issue is proof that Microsoft are fucking retarded.

You are clearly a manlet

anyone here actually own a steam controller?
is it any good?

I was looking for something for one of my HTPCs that's wireless and I can use with all my emulators (from the Wii downward).

Okay honestly now, how are these threads any better than reddit threads? You guys are fucking cancer.

You tell me

The fuck is a reddit thread?

Fuck Valve and fuck Jewben

I actually got a chance to use the chainsaw controller.

if i remember correctly it was designed around RE4, right?
How was it? Did you play it with RE4? Is it general enough to work with other games?

Someone actually made it to Winners Semi's at a smash tournament with that controller

It happened recently.

I have one and I like it, but you can pretty much only use it with Steam unless you download a bunch of shit that makes it usable for non-Steam games.
The concave shape feels really good in your hands and the buttons have a satisfying feel. Also, the haptic feedback is a nice touch.
You're better off using it via a USB cable though, because the wireless capability of it is fucked and you'll find yourself constantly needing to recalibrate the piece of shit or restart Steam.

Also, Big Picture mode sucks massive cocks.
It'd be nice if you could just use it through Steams interface, which you can't.

It was a friend's, it worked fine from what I tried and yeah I did only try it out with RE4.

It was really awkward but funny enough got used to it quite quick(the human brain is an interesting thing).
But it put a strain on my thumb and wrist since I had to twist and stretch to tap the button and it start to hurt.
It's just a cool/dumb collectible you show to friends unless you wanna end up getting arthritis when you're 30.

I own one.

It's very interesting as a controller. That's the only way I can describe it. I wouldn't say it's better than a traditional controller or a keyboard or mouse. Either device does a better job. The Steam Controller is this awkward, but highly customisable, middle ground. Seriously, the things you can configure in the Steam menu (that only work when Big Picture Mode is on for some fucking reason) are insane. Everything from the deadzone on the touchpads to how much feedback they give, to combining weird multiple inputs so if you hold down the left paddle the ABXY buttons turn in to macro keys.

That said, I don't use it anymore. I initially got it to use when my RSI is playing up and I wanted to play a mouse-driven game, but instead I just went back to playing games designed for a controller with an Xbone pad.

Is it just me or does that PS1 skin make the controller much sexier than it should be?

Honestly, having a controller that big is the reason I hated my Wii U. It just felt like I was holding a fucking brick.

I think I may have a problem.

I have one. It's great for Gamecube emulation, but I don't use it for much else.

Color plays a big important role in design.
It could also be the exoticness of it all. Just look at all your electronics and shit..most of them are in black cases.
Its the default color because it goes with everything but it ends up not striking your interest or your eye.

Post pics, faggot.

One day I'll find a third-party controller that doesn't suck.

I'm gonna be looking for a long time.