Strange text messages/twitter account

My brother recently got a cell phone, and earlier this morning I got a text from that number saying: "Please help me." And then another right after "I'm in longitude 0 latitude 0, please help me." My brother can't even spell longitude or latitude with spell check, and never uses punctuation at all. This was not him. His phone was in his room shut off at the time. What could it be?

I also found this twitter which has exactly the same messages.

twitter.com/pleaseh34414915?lang=en
archive.fo/V2O2Y

woah this is something

i wonder what happened

is ur brother oK?

How did someone get an internet connection in fucking anarctica?

It's actually in georgia

I don't know but it's suspicious enough that I felt the need to post it here. He's fine.

here it is, senior citizens place.

I have seen 2 or 3 other people mention receiving the same messages online, all with very similar stories.

where 4cucks?

howretarded.ru?

Its scam
??????

ah, that makes sense.

also, I'm glad this is in the politics board. I always though Holla Forums had too much politics.

This. Either it's a new angle on an old Nigerian scams or it's a viral marketing ploy.

What fucking senior knows how to use Twitter?

Why are you posting your weird fanfic on Holla Forums, you disgusting faggot.

The twitter account looks like someone testing their app, does your brother have an 'I'm OK'/help me app installed or something?

Anyone know a remote viewer?

That seems probable, but what are the chances of a bot spoofing his number and texting my phone with it? Are you sure there's nothing deeper going on? Who was phone?

I got hit by this scam actually.
I was away at shcool, then came back to visit my mother - when I got there she was tripping the fuck out and said she'd recieved a call saying I had gotten injured trying to cross state lines and was at X hospital and she needed to pay the bill right now

I'll admit OP, that I didn't read this part.
I would take this over to >>>Holla Forums. I don't own a cellphone so I have no idea how hard it would be to spoof a number.

There are spoofer apps that let you use any number you want.
But what are the chances someone knew your brother's number and his relation to you?
the scammers that called my mother didn't even know my name, number, anything like that.

What the fuck does this have to do with politics?

Stop samefagging to bump your shit thread.

I don't know OP, sounds suspicious, but, like says, this isn't politics.
Make a thread on Holla Forums link it to this thread and we'll go from there.

Sick get and also /thread

Done.
>>>Holla Forums725277

This is now a dubs thread

I think we've got an X-File!

What the fuck?
a: there are ID's here
b: all of my posts have been saged you retard

Lovin this secret dubs thread personally fam

Goddamnit Nigger get back to Reddit we don't like your kind around here