US charges Russian spies over Yahoo breach

US charges Russian spies over Yahoo breach
Two Russian spies are among four individuals indicted by the US Department of Justice (DOJ) over a huge theft of Yahoo user accounts.
The members of the FSB, the Russian intelligence agency, conspired with criminal hackers, according to DOJ officials announcing the charges.
Previously, Yahoo said "state-sponsored" hackers were behind the 2014 breach affecting 500 million accounts.
The suspects are also alleged to have targeted Google accounts.
Hacking was directed at Russian and US government officials, including security, diplomatic and military personnel, according to the DOJ.
bbc.com/news/technology-39281063
archive.fo/6vaTb

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-yahoo-hack-indictments-idUSKBN16M25W
archive.fo/6Lz5Q
archive.fo/uU2Cw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Isn't Yahoo! owned by the Chinese now?

This is good news because you cannot actually prove that Russia did anything, especially with the vault 7 revelations. This also helps people understand that there is still government agencies outside of Trumps control and he cannot be blamed for everything the government does.

Read the fine print. They aren't accused of doing anything for the state. It clearly says in the indictment that anything they did was for "personal financial gain." But the lemmings won't read that part. The actual FSB members they tied to this, there is no evidence and they know they'll never be extradited. Just the shlomo's typical tricks. There's nothing here. it would be like if you and I hacked a Russian site trying to get Credit Card info and Russia blamed it on the CIA. It's bullshit.

If you are actually smart and care about this shit, read the indictment, it's not long. It says nothing about Russia being a "State sponsor." Very specifically charges them as doing it "for their own personal financial gain." It's more Deep State subversive shit. They're trying everything and anything to prevent a peace deal with Russia.

Oh my they are charging Russians for obtaining my data
Oh my the US government Lied to congress about NSA not collecting data - but then they do
Oh my the government is hacking peoples TV and phones OF THEIR OWN PEOPLE.

Oh my this is why I fuggin hate this fuckin Gubbmint gum

Scum sucking faggots…

this is big news, wish the story had more details as to how it all went down.

Take a guess why it doesn't? Because I'd bet you ZOG doesn't have them. Also, it's NOT a "big story." The Fucking North Koreans and Chinks do this all the time. China stole literally the entire personnel files of all Us military. And not a fuck was given.

2 supposedly Russian guys accused of being behind something Marissa Mayer fucked up? The Jews are doing this on purpose, daring Trump t call bullshit so they can then shriek "he's defending Russia!!!"

It's all jewish media bullshit spin designed to prevent peace with russia, which the Jews are terrified of.

just by the sheer number of people affected by the yahoo breach it is big news Of course the reckless media will pretend this is the Russian government hacking elections.

The indictment clearly says that ONE of the defendants did some things for personal gain. However, all of the charges listed are for typical computer fraud. One would think that if the FSB was targetting government officials, they'd have a separate charge for that. But it's not there…

One last thing, the FSB officers are listed as former officers. It looks like the written charges are different that the ACTUAL LISTED CHARGES! Sketchier and sketchier…
sage for double post

>Hacking was directed at Russian and US government officials, including security, diplomatic and military personnel
The recent spate of Russian ambassadors suddenly dropping dead is starting to make a lot more sense now.

Comrade, read the fine print from this other source:
>McCord said the hacking campaign was waged by the FSB to collect intelligence but that the two hackers used the collected information as an opportunity to "line their pockets."

Reported.

If you had read the justice.gov press release, instead of the sanitized BBC article, you'd see:

Dmitry Aleksandrovich Dokuchaev, 33, was an officer in the FSB…

Igor Anatolyevich Sushchin, 43, was an FSB officer…

There is a difference between was and is, faggot.

I did
www.justice.gov/opa/pr/us-charges-russian-fsb-officers-and-their-criminal-conspirators-hacking-yahoo-and-millions
Nothing in the source says that the defendants are former FSB officers.
Nice try, Ivan

it does say was

And what country forced Yahoo to hire a certain amount of dumb apes? That's right, Israel, the mother country of all things weak, stupid, and perverted.

And how do we know this isn't CIA pretending to be Russian spies.

Charged =/= convicted, and I'd doubt anyone who convicts based on the fact that CIA leaks prove CIA can pretend to be other nations while attacking.

That is a good question. Alex Jones pretty much shrugged this whole story off with

Alex Jones is a paid Kremlin shill who openly promotes Duginism on his site:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Wppr9d6aA
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdkfEKOVaFc

Oh no he interviewed somebody

Fuck off.

www.reuters.com/article/us-yahoo-hack-indictments-fsb-idUSKBN16N0CO

Reminder that despite the fact CNN always called for russian hacking in US election, it doesn't mean russian hackers don't exist. They are going to gather every single lowly russian hacker who participated in big hacking projects only to continue blame russia itself on their crimes.

Wait a second,
Dmitry Dokuchaev in January was arrested for state treason in Russia.
Now that's interesting.
archive.fo/6Lz5Q
archive.fo/uU2Cw
Not only they aren't working in FSB anymore, they are literally criminals.