Vita Thread

"Omega Labyrinth English version ==NEVER EVER==" Edition

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/SCRs0
archive.is/DXnho
nisamerica.com/blog/CG2
ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-WiFi-/152111868092
ebay.com/itm/152076477133?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
at2.metalbat.com/?p=537
archive.is/guVkY
nichegamer.com/2016/06/03/fateextella-costume-redone-looking-nazi-like/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Remote playing Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- and playing Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
Cold Steel II.
Just beat Trails of Cold Steel.
Saving up to get a second Vita

oh well that's swell. The title looks retarded now. So much for my red text.

Gundam Breaker 3 and DangItRonPaul on PC 4free

English-Asia version of Omega Labyrinth, cheaper memory cards, someone at Sony to actually give a fraction of a fuck

DangItRonPaul and sort of Gundam Breaker 3. I'm moving slowly through both, though it didn't help I spent all day building gunpla.

Nothing much now. Gotta save up for school books and a new laptop.

Is there reason to believe there will be a sale, or are you just guessing? I'm a newfag to the Vita, I have no idea when to expect sales, especially for the Japanese PSN.

I know the NA PSN store has "weekly deals" and flash sales, but you can't really pinpoint what games will be on sale when. You can only pretty much just cross your fingers.

Is there any way of knowing the specials before they come out

Muramasa Rebirth DLC I bought it a while ago but never played it because I'm a fag
Odin Sphere.
Just beat Ys: Memories of Celceta for the second time. Might go for platinum eventually.
I should get a bigger memory card.

EDF2
Gundam Breaker 3
EDF2
Nothing at the moment

Oh yeah, guess I could follow suit.

Persona 4 Golden

A few games. Muramasa being one, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and maybe the Trails in the Sky Evo games for another. I'll wait until Digimon drops in price though (if it ever does, it's been out for over a year in Japan and is still like, 65 dollars), and as for the TiTS Evo games, I'll play the PC versions first to see if I'll like the series.

Not a damn thing, I just started.

I'm good for now.

i dont know, user, that game looks very problematic

the more problematic the better

here's to hoping we'll wind up getting those VD & Uppers releases sometime soon-ish

Playing : prison architect
want: everything
beating: Septerra Core finally
Buying: new computer that doesn't sit itself when I use armor games

I really ought to play Omega, I've been sitting on it since launch. Does it use the touch screen extensively, or should I go ahead and play it on my Vita TV?

Just finished the story and the first half of the post game of Gundam Breaker 2, getting my ass handed to me on the second half, so now stepping back and trying to decide what weapon types to focus on maxing out and what to put into my suit. The Gekkouchou is too damn good, so the body absolutely is going to be Turn A or X, and the rest of the Turn parts having regeneration is very tempting as well, but I wonder if I shouldn't be looking at incorporating other body parts as well. Does anyone know if there's a real difference between HG and MG parts in the end? HGs go up to 20 and MGs go up to 10, so it seems like they might be identical statwise at the end. Otherwise, playing Demon Gaze and MSD 3 Return, sitting on SRW Z3 Jigoku and Tengoku, Masoukishin 3, Omega Labyrinth, Valkyrie Drive, Monster Monpiece, Tokyo Xanadu, Odin Sphere, Senran Kagura, and I know I'm forgetting a few others.

I've got preorders down on Caligula, Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain, Ys 8, and Seven Pirates. I'll be buying Gundam Breaker 3 when it gets cheaper, or if I get impatient as soon as I finish 2, though I should really try and get every part possible for data transfer.

Goddamn that's lewd. Is that from a Vita dungeon crawler?

I dunno, never played it because I can't read moon.

Yeah, it's from Omega Labyrinth. Same for the image in the OP and this pic too. Speaking of the OP, I fucking forgot the Vita Guide again, here it is while I'm still thinking about it.

You better get on that ASAP user, it's not like Japan's going to stop being the source of 90% of playable games anytime soon.

I know I know, I had started at one point, but fell through almost immediately once I got overloaded with work

But maybe I should go ahead and pick up the Jap version, since it'll probably never get translated anyway.

The best thing to do is to stop playing games in English period and force yourself to learn.

Omega Labyrinth is a Matrix Software (while relegated to being a mobile port dev recently, they've made stuff in the past like Alundra, Dual Hearts, Dragon Quest V PS2, Avalon Code, and various other games) developed dungeon crawler where the main character is questing for bigger boobs, underwear counts as an equip, and titfucking crystals until they explode into an item is a gameplay mechanic. So yeah, it's lewd and revels in it, to the point I sadly think no one, given the current state of localization, is ever going to pick it up. At least not without butchering it in some form.

Reading some prerelease Nichegamer articles, it does seem to have at least some touch screen usage, namely for freeing characters from traps. It's also apparently used to outright touch the girls.

As long you don't get too comfortable with English games, there's nothing wrong with playing them sometimes. I've been playing games in Japanese for quite some time now for practice, but I'd play some Japanese games in English too. Nowadays I almost always play Nip games in Nip. The only Japanese game I've played in English recently is Dark Souls partly because I play that with friends and partly because English fits the game better. Though I still play English games in English of course. I don't really do it for practice so much anymore, I just prefer it. Almost tempted to play Trails int he Sky in English because I really like what I've seen of the localization (a couple hours), but I don't know. If TiTS FC Evo happens to go on sale again before I get around to them (probably not because it was on sale recently, but I probably won't play it for months), then I'll just get it.

Don't play TitS EVO. Just play it on PC.

This is basically the only reason I'd say to play something in English, but barring a handful of things here and there like Shantae or Shovel Knight there really just aren't any English games anymore. Ironically, for Shantae's 3DS title, if I wanted physical and to not have to import an NA 3DS I'd HAVE to play it in Japanese, since despite being an American game it never got a physical release there.

Almost-obnoxiously-jap-kun, you do know you can just hack your 3DS for region-free, right?

But seriously, we get it, you're from Japan. You don't have to mention it almost every post.

Been playing Altier Rinona. Ranona? Stressed girl.

I hope I get to freely explore and alchemy at the end of the game without the deadlines.

Has anybody tried cladun sengoku?

I hope it come stateside.

So I've heard, but never bothered. No real benefits, and I'm probably too far up on firmware anyhow.

I don't go out of my way to bring attention to it, just the same way I'm sure most people don't mean to bring attention to the fact they live in America when they refer to the US as "here." It's just more natural to speak like that.

I think 11.0 firmware can be downgraded, but it has been a long while since I got mine going, so take it with a grain of salt.

Akiba's Beat, another game in the Akiba series, was announced for the PS4/PSVita. It's an Action-RPG apparently. So it already looks different from Akiba's Trip. Hell, it may not even be a sequel for all we know. I figured it'd be a rhythm game, or at least music-based, with the name being "Akiba's Beat"

archive.is/SCRs0

Rorona? I've only ever played Ayesha and Escha & Logy+ so far. Firis looks cute though.

I don't know if it's even out in Japan yet. I haven't played the original game(s) before anyway. It looks neat though.

Its random and varies, Summer time is almost coming to Japan so summer sales.

This entirely list can be disregarded. Obviously it's loaded with trash just to pad it. Even if you want to argue that Minecraft is good, what dipshit would recommend playing it on console?

When does Cold Steel get fun? It's really comfy, but I found Lost Dimension to be the better game.

Near the end and the sequel its a trilogy

A Japanese one.
archive.is/DXnho

I've finished the game on the handheld, and am still playing through on the Vita TV, since unfortunately it saves on the system, not the cartridge.

Omega Labyrinth has a lot of FUN things you can do with the touchscreen, but almost none of them are mandatory - and all of them are possible to do on the Vita TV, although less fun.

(The most common-one is titty-fucking unknown items to appraise them, which for obvious reasons requires two-handed touch - but you almost always have the option to skip those scenes. A good gameplay decision, because, while a lot of fun, it's very time consuming to identify ALL your unknown items…)

The same goes for leveling up your characters' skills, which involves a fun little "massage" minigame. You have to find the best point to poke your girls, which changes from time to time. Totally doable on the controller, but again, more fun on the touchscreen. (Also skippable.)

There are unskippable lewd "rescue" scenes where you have to get your girls out of spider webs, slime, whatever by rubbing it - but those aren't too hard to do with the sticks.

The rest of the touch interaction is just being able to poke your girls at any time (in cutscenes, menus, the trap close-ups, and the little portrait in the corner).

The art looks very nice on the big screen.

So it's a matter of personal taste, whether you want the touching minigames to be more fun or to enjoy the art in giant size. I liked it enough to play it twice.

Damn, I wish I liked Lost Dimension as much as Cold Steel. Lost Dimension has some of the worst characters in a Japanese game I've ever seen.

I thought Mana and Nagi were pretty cute. Got really disappointed when Himeno turned traitor.

I can't find any of the grills in Cold Steel to be likeable, but I've only just started playing.

Was Mana the fake accent girl? A couple of them weren't too bad, but still felt cheap as fuck. The characters just seem so shallow. Everyone's 2D drawings are pretty shit too. It's probably one of the only games I can think of where the characters look better in 3D. I still need to finish the game sometime, but the whole premise with this "The End" guy seems like it's taken out of some shitty comic book and it's just hard for me to enjoy any of the story.

Yup, Mana was the one with the fake English accent. I will admit that Lost Dimension's story was really weak, and I felt lost after beating the final boss. There's more content once you befriend every character in the game, but that's gonna take two more playthroughs.

Gameplay was good though, so I'll probably try new game+ mode after I'm finished with Cold Steel.

The gameplay can be pretty fun, but if it had better environments and enemies I'm sure I'd enjoy it more. Most SRPGs seem to have the added benefit of having good stories to go along with them too. I tend to think SRPGs usually do better than your average JRPG with their stories anyway.

That is very enheartening news on top of a helpful and informative post. Thanks user!

The pic here is from Record of Agarest War: Mariage (yeah, one r, don't ask me why), which is a PSP game. The other pics are Omega Labyrinth.

I don't remember that, but I actually really like Record of Agarest War. I wish Vita had the games or they were all at least available physically on the same system.

man, now I REALLY gotta pick this game up. Not like I wasn't going to before, but shit nigga

I played Lost Dimension for about an hour and couldn't stand it. The atrocious voice acting, for one, really turned me away.

oh really? I was mistaken then. Thank you for clarifying! I'll have to move that out of my Omega Labyrinth folder

I didn't even know there was an Agarest game on PSP though. But I couldn't get into the first game on 360 nor Zero. They were both just really grindy unless I was just retarded and not playing it correctly.

Mariage is different from the other Agarest War games- instead of a SRPG, it's got a standard turn-based battling system. The good news is that it was fairly well-balanced and somewhat grind-proof: after you got a few levels, battles would give you terrible EXP unless you moved on to the next stage. The other fun thing about it is the generational system, where you marry ("mary"?) one girl and then start with your descendant + a new party. Since you got to choose your descendant's gender, yuri lovers could go with an all-female party.

.>>9509892
Forgot the pics. I'd say the game is worth trying if you know Japanese.

I don't know if that's rare or what. I just can't get into things devoted entirely or almost entirely to fanservice very often, because it usually detracts from the parts of the game/show/comic that I actually care about. A bit of occasional fanservice is okay though.

I've heard that the Senran Kagura games are fun brawlers despite being fanservice city, I'll have to try them at some point. I don't mind if there's constant fanservice as long as the gameplay is still solid. Basically, if you can take the fanservice out of the game and it'd still be just as good, then it's fine.

I found it more disappointing than anything. The premise is pretty much Danganronpa turned into a strategy game, which could be really interesting, but their characters manage to be even worse than the worst Danganronpa ones. it just feels so incredibly bland. I realize they pretty much had to dub it for the traitor events too, but most of the English VAs just sound horrible. i really can't feel emotionally attached to anyone in that game. Their most standout trait they share is being annoying.

I really liked the descendant thing in the first game. (Although, sometimes you would get stuck with some shitty kids.) I couldn't believe how many generations there were. that game was long as fuck. I really liked Elaine.

Mariage's game engine itself is solid, if nothing really new. Each character has to choose an Attacker, Defender, Supporter, and Conductor (think buff/debuff and traps) role, and they all bring their own quirks to each one. Choosing who will be what during which battles helps with game variation and is necessary depending on the enemy types you face. Nothing revolutionary, but it was done surprisingly well for a game series with such a spotty reputation.

I actually never played the first Agarest or Zero because of the grindy reputation they have. Maybe it wasn't as bad as I heard?

Considering how many Agerest games have been brought west, I'm surprised I haven't heard anything about a possible fan translation for that PSP one at the very least being in the works.

Tried out Estival Versus, and it's pretty severely shit. The titties are nice, though.
I'm now playing Pokemon: Persona Edition aka "Digimon Cyber Sleuth", and it's fairly decent. Nothing great.
RPGs with deep party customization mechanics that are worth a single god damn. I think I've already played all the ones worth checking out: DT2, Demon Gaze, Persona/SMT franchise, Atelier franchise.
How is this different from PLAYAN?
Is "kek" what you're looking for here?

I'd compare it to Neptunia or something, where you can grind for hundreds of hours if you want, but you don't need to just to finish the story. Getting all the trophies for that game or whatever would be insane.

I'll consider it next time it's on sale then, thanks for the info.

No problem, just remember the game is long as fuck as it is before you just start doing battles for the hell of it. I think they give you a worse ending if you spend all your time grinding for shit anyway.

I just got my Vita a day ago. Got it for $40 off craigslist, and it works pretty nice.

Gravity Rush and Dokuro. Planning on gettin more gaem soon

I'll probably buy @field and P4Golden soon

Nothin yet

see wantan

I haven't actually played the game, but it looked rather dull to me. Maybe try Trails In the Sky? Lost Dimension seemed pretty cool, though. Would you recommend it?

I imagine Minecraft is fine if you don't mind not having mods.

Trails in the Sky was pretty terrible.
It's got a standard bland story, forgettable characters, and the core of the game is really shallow combat that tries to hide behind half-assed puzzlish/strategyish mechanics but ultimately it all just falls flat.

I'd say the gameplay is good enough to get a used copy. As the other user pointed out, it's pretty weak storywise.
I know I didn't regret the purchase like I did with the game I bought with it.
Tomodachi Life…

I played the demo and knew that wouldn't work out with me. Sorry, bud. I'll probably pick up Lost Dimension somewhere down the line, though.

Well, I haven't played through it myself, but I have the first two Legend of Heroes games on PSP. I liked the first one quite a bit, but I never finished the second one. Trails In the Sky looks similar to those, so I figured I(and someone else) might like it.

I'm sure people will like it, just giving my impressions of it.
I keep hoping for a return to the action-platformer-RPG formula they did with Legacy of the Wizard, Sorcerian and Faxanadu, though.

Dark Souls III

The new Doom

NO SLEEP TILL NG+100

probably the new Doom

Shinobido actually turned out to be pretty cool. Looks nicer in-game than it does in video.

Haven't played those, but I'll check them out.

nudoom is actually pretty decent

at least wait for the 75% discount, that shit is way to expensive.

Killzone Mercs. Could be me, but I honestly like this more than the first two games.
Rockstar games to go on sale again, didn't have money at the time. Also God Eater, Odin Sphere, and Yomawari, I'm honestly surprised the handheld still seems to get support
Nothing so far
Nothing right now after the last flash sale.

Well shit, you showed me.

It's not like it's the PS4 - people actually own Vitas, so games are going to continue coming out for it.

Well, the PS4 is selling really well in the west - and it's not like it hasn't been doing pretty damn well in Japan the last couple of months, either.

Doesn't matter to devs for the most part, only the AAA tier guys can afford to wait for foreign sales. Most devs live release to release, and a game bombing in the home market is a death sentence.

Better than before isn't exactly "doing well." I've no doubt the PS4 will do fine in the long run, mind you, same as the PS3 did - it'll just be a long fucking run of no games until then, just like the PS3.

VITA MEANS LIFE

Is that why it gets so many titty games like Omega Labyrinth and Senran Kagura?

Precisely.
As a wise man once said: "Tits are life. Ass is hometown."

The wisest of men. I really need to get to playing Senran Kagura more, though at least I finally got around to starting Omega.

damn. I haven't felt this awful in a while

I left it on top of my car after getting home and my retarded ass must have forgot it
sry4blog

I normally only do that with drinks. That really fucking sucks though. I hope you find it (or if you get a new one you be more careful with it). I need a wrist strap to make sure I never drop mine. Playing away from home can be scary sometimes.

So can it be hacked or what?

It's been like four years of the same answer, so I'm sure if something changes it will be big enough news that you'll hear about it.

If Life is Tits, and if Vita is Life, then we can that means VITA IS TITS

i'm sorry for your loss

still nope. If/when the Vita gets busted wide open, you'll surely hear about it like with the 3DS. Though in the case of the Vita, even if it does get busted open, there's still the issue of memory space.

I'm sure we'd all notice by no publishers localizing games anymore too. There's no way this NEET device would be able handle piracy. People have already been saying Xseed won't touch Vita games unless they're multiplatform or can be ported to PC, which doesn't seem that far fetched to me with their increasing faggotry.

Killzone is pretty good, so it's not too out of the ordinary.

Can it? Yes. Has it been? Not to any significant extent. The main homebrew platform is just inconvenient to get running.

Thanks for the spoonfeeding.

There is a way to play "pirated" games but it takes external hardware that has to be connected over net to another external hardware that has to be connected to another Vita with legit copy of game. So it's more of license mirroring.

In the future, you can check out wololo.net for new on Vita hacking and whatnot.

That thing seems so stupid. Does anyone even have it to test what games people even have connected so far?

Bookmarked. Thanks a bunch.

Demo models have already been sent out.

Someone made few videos showing it off, it's proof of concept more than anything. It's the same as the PS4 license cloning trick that needs one dev unit with legit game connected to normal PS4 in restore mode. Technically interesting but not usable for general public.

As far as I know there's just no guarantee that the games you want to play will even be available. I'm sure people will be sharing the more popular ones, but what's the odds that someone even has Omega Labyrinth hooked up to it when you want to play it?

I imagine anyone actually keeping up with the hacking scene is a dedicated buyer. You'd probably have plenty of niche titles available if people were to actually buy this thing.

The thing is I really wouldn't be surprised if the niche japanese games that would cost me up the ass to import weren't available, but then the niche games that were lucky to get published here in the first place were. Say when GalGun gets released it'll probably need every sale it can get to make it worthwhile and get them to localize more, so I wouldn't mind buying it, but when it came out in Japan I'd have liked to play it without paying $65. I just feel like it would probably be too backwards like that to even help me if I did want one. Unless people in Japan actually use them too, but it seems like piracy isn't nearly as prevalent there.

bump

Bump

Why on earth would you put your Vita on top of the car in the first place? I try to avoid putting things on top of the one I use in general, namely since the grackles that live around here seem attracted to the car and like to sit up there and shit all over it, and I don't want that getting on anything. Really need a garage.

Phew, I almost missed it. I don't mind having to start over since I don't save that much, I'm starting to have fun playing.

I still don't know if I want this game. it is cool that they're including all the DLC for free, but the art just kind of bugs me.

Is that game being published by NISA?

Pretty sure it's being localized by them too (thus letting them potentially fuck with the code), not just published/distributed by them.

Yeah, Spike Chunsoft published it in Japan and NISA is here.

How's the current state of Vita CFW? Am I missing anything if I update to the newest official firmware?

see

Neat, that sums it up.

Bandai Namco has released update version 1.04 for PS Vita Gundam game Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force in Japan.

On top of an updated Free Battle Mode (which lets you select consort plane-exclusive Mobile Suits and some Mobile Armor as CPU characters), the update adds the following playable Mobile Suits:

Extreme Gundam Type Sthesia Excellia from Gundam EXA
(Pilot: Sthesia Awar, Cost: 2,500)
Tallgeese II from Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
(Pilot: Treize Khushrenada, Cost: 2,500)
Gundam Virsago Chest Break from After War Gundam X
(Pilot: Shagia Frost, Cost: 2,500)

Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force is due out for PS Vita on July 12 in the Americas and in 2016 in Europe. An English version is already available in Asia.

RIP game

Just 4 more weeks until I can be excited to read a Gundam game, then be disappointed that it is this one.

I suppose it depends on how close an eye Spike Chunsoft keeps on them in localization.

well, give how well/un-memed the DangItRonPaul games turned out from what I understand anyway, I would imagine Spike Chunsoft keeps a pretty damned close eye on them. I'd like to think so anyway

This ALWAYS fucking happens with Vanillaware games.

I thought that was coming out in a week or two? Or are you on a review copy?

She has a nice outfit.

Bingo.

Lord, so I pray; bring this game to the west with a great translation, no "localization" AKA censorship/memes, and a good LE physical print. Please make it so since there are too many hard kanji for me to play it raw.

I'm conflicted on whether or not I'd want the blood to be red or pink, though. On one hand, it's pink in the Japanese version and thus should be left alone, but on the other, pink blood is fucking lame.

It's Idea Factory. They're generally alright for translations, and even if they don't end up bringing it over - I'm sure it'll get an Asian English release.

I know the game isn't out yet in Japan (at least to my knowledge), but has IFI expressed any interest in it coming west, or is likely to be one of those games they've said that if it had to be censored, they'd just opt to not bring it west?

How was Operation Abyss anyhow? Saw a boxed copy at a local store and it's gotten me wondering.

Nobody's gonna change the color of the blood. It's part of a stylistic choice in the game, so they'd have to change a bunch of stuff with it or it wouldn't even look right.

I haven't heard anything, but there is some pretty lewd stuff and they've even been showing more, so I wouldn't really get my hopes up.

Operation Abyss was… flawed. Very flawed.

Fukken sold.

How so? Bad translation/bugginess people expect from NISA these days, or general issues with the gameplay itself?

Eh, I kinda dig the pink blood thing. It's neat-looking and matches the art style.

NISA is bring over Criminal Girls 2! And yes! They are butchering it for western audiences! Thanks NISA!

The gameplay. Combat is dull and exploring dungeons ends up being the hardest part of the game. With so many other DRPGs on the system, I can't recommend it.

Expected as much. Hey, on the brightside maybe it'll get ported to PC along with the first one, and then mods can uncensor/unfuck the games plus you could pirate them too

Knowing Compile Heart, it'll at least get an Asia-English release, unless IFI brings it over for whatever reason. I would think the Asia-English release to be the more likely of the two though.

No, you'd need all the higher resolution assets and stuff which won't be available since there is no uncensored PC version.

nisamerica.com/blog/CG2

Literally SJW shit. Fuck.

Oh…right. Nevermind then.

What fuck is that even supposed to mean?

IT'S A FUCKING VIDEOGAME FOR CHRIST'S SAKE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Power Distance is LITERALLY an SJW term. Not that it's any surprise, but it's fucked.

So what does it mean?

Also, all the deflecting to the rating board. I think we'll see that a lot more often going forward.

Also, am I the only one who finds PARTY FAVORS to be the most fucking retarded subtitle? I mean at least in Japanese it was still "Invite Only" for the first game, but the Japanese title is just "Criminal Girls 2". The reason the first game had a subtitle was because it was an upgraded re-release of the original PSP game. This isn't that. The subtitle is pointless. These changes are pointless.

I'd actually buy these games if they weren't fucked up to hell and back too

They don't believe their alterations would be jarring to the experience. Hm.

Also they again deflect to the ratings board, saying that they can be pretty fickle about the line between M and AO.

I'm seeing this completely out of context, but I'm thinking of being given control over a situation.

WEW
fuck, i need to learn moonrunes

why are the devs even using NISA to sell their games to the west? are they really that retarded or dont give a fuck?

we wouldnt want that in a video game after all, giving control to the player? its 2016 people!

You fucking dick. tfw slow shipping speed because I'm cheap so I won't have it for 2 weeks

Isn't that a kind of spiritual successor to Grand Knights History? Too bad Vanillaware aren't doing the art for Grand Kingdom as well.

They're probably completely ignorant of the fact that NISA handles games the way they due, and that's probably largely due to the fact that they just plain don't speak english. So some asswipe from NISA who can speak nip probably tells them everything's going A-Okay and that the game will probably sell well.

Or, they really might not give a fuck. There's no way to know for sure. I'd imagine it's more like that former though.

the way they do*
wew

I think the blogger means given control of the situation in terms of within the game, from protagonist to girl. Having a clearly sexual abusive protagonist is ~problematic~

From our experience and the conversations we’ve had with ratings boards about the content, it is extremely unlikely that the game would have received an M (and equivalent) rating. Unfortunately, it is so unlikely that we cannot take that risk as a company.

I've wanted NISA to die for a long time, but now that they're honest-to-god trying to throw in with SJW terms to justify their censorship, I want all the employees to die as well.

Even the dumbest nigger/shill can't defend them now, right? What everyone's been saying about them actively wanting to censor can not in any way be argued against. They're not even making it subtle anymore. They're SJW fucks, and any and all censorship they do is their preferred state of action.

If you buy any new product they have had a single hand in, whether or not it was a "good" one, then you're implicit in this.

anyway to send them a fucking letter and tell them how aweful NISA is?

Brand new Vita's for $120
ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-WiFi-/152111868092

Not. Even. Once. Not that I'd recommend Criminal Girls to begin with after how utterly boring the first one was, but no game deserves this shit.

I'm pissed I missed the refurbished OLEDs for $99. These deals are fucking crazy.
ebay.com/itm/152076477133?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Man, I might have to skip on getting a new 2000 and just save myself $100 and get an OLED.

The OLEDs are gone. that's what I wanted so I'm not too happy. This is still only $120 if you're fast though.

There's more than just that seller doing the OLEDs. There are a bunch of OLEDs hovering around $90-100.

…also, apparently Amazon.co.jp has some new OLEDs still in stock, that are eligible for global shipping.

I was hoping that being a bunch at once, meant that they were barely ever used, if at all. I'd like to just buy one of these but I was hoping to sell mine to make up the cost. I just want an OLED without the crazy amount of hours I put on it. It still does seem to be working perfectly, so it's not a big deal right now, but I'm sure it's just gonna get harder and harder to find nice ones.

I do wonder how these places get "Manufacturer Refurbished" units though.

I would assume NISA works cheap, or take take a look at the list of all the games they've handled and settle for using them (the way 8-4 likely keep getting business, since they have a longass list of games they've done before). And with NIS developed games, I don't think they have another option aside from NISA. Though I think in the past Atlus and Mastiff used to handle their stuff before they actually had a western branch, or something like that.

Not sure how useful that would be, unless sent directly from someone living in Japan. Would really depend on if NISA is supposed to handle all feedback from fans in western regions and if any mail or email from someone here would just get rerouted to the American branch instead.

I'm pretty sure its a race on who localize it first by announcing they got the trademark registered in the west, NISA always gets first dibs because they are fast and most companies don't care.

Akiba's Trip has RPG now!

Looks like shit. Like they traded all the charm of the second game in favor of a plain-jane RPG a la Persona.

kotaku, please.

It looks like it takes more inspiration from Tales than Persona.

I have to wonder, considering NISA doesn't even seem to like what they wind up localizing these days (bit odd when a company's shtick is bringing niche games into English and the employees are all too happy to cut what they find "icky" or whatever) and seem to enjoy angering people who were possibly interested in their games before them fucking around is confirmed, whether they even care much for profit these days. Strikes me as more of them using the opportunity to ruin various games out here since usually when a game does come west in English, it's not apt to get a fan retranslation or content restoration patch down the line, leaving what they do as the only option for westerners (the ones that don't know moon anyhow), unless the translation is really, really bad and the fans devoted/autistic enough to see a retranslation through to completion (stuff like BoF II and AT2, though the latter is still in a Beta test stage).

Speaking of AT2, a Beta 4 patch is apparently coming out this weekend. Not Vita related, possibly of interest to someone here.
at2.metalbat.com/?p=537

so basically Akiba's Trip & Persona's bastard child. Looks neat though.

This is coming over. XSEED will be announcing it soon.

Or Tales since its ARPG

If you guys know about Xseed, please feel free to tell me what the hell this is about.

Sen 2, VD slim chance, Uppers, the other Trails games, or F/E

Pretty sure it's for TitS 3.

They're teasing a game announcement. We'll know what it is early tomorrow morning.

I'm not sure what it could be - I know what XSEED is bringing to the E3 show floor, but even if it's one of the games that's actually going to be at E3 I've got no clue.

In case anyone was curious, what they're showing on the show floor is Fate/Extella, Cold Steel II, Shantae: Half Genie Hero (they're distributing the physical copy), Akiba's Beat, some Touhou ARPG, and the new Story of Seasons.

Oh yeah and the Corpse Party 3DS port and some shitty Indie game that they're bringing to consoles that was published by Marvelous for PC (kinda like Half-Minute Hero 2 was).

At least on the show floor, they aren't having ANY Vita exclusive games.

For the physical copy, that includes those figurines and I believe a soundtrack? Same shit they do for Senran Kagura.

I guess we'll see if your words ring true.

I hope you're wrong and that they also show off Valkyrie Drive

also
> physical release for Shantae Half Genie Hero
what systems get physical releases?

That's still $30 digital for an old game sold for $15 elsewhere.

That's only what they're showing off on the show floor, I'm hoping they have more that just isn't going to be at the show.
Wii U, PS4, and Vita.

I sure hope so too. I'm hopeful, don't let me down now XAnon. I'm under the impression you either work with XSEED, close to them, or for E3 possibly? Either way. I can't wait to see how what you've said lines up. I hope you're right.

> Shantae Vita physical
MUH DICK

They usually announce some stuff the week before E3, I think. I really want Net High. Those English trophies were found pretty long ago now. (and Tokyo Xanadu, but I'm sure that would be a forced dub, so i don't care too much.)
I hope Kadokawa finally says what the fuck is going on with Root Letter at some point too. It's one of the things I've been looking forward to the most and when they said worldwide release I thought they meant at the same time.

My sources are legit, so everything I've said IS legit.
I'm actually going to be talking to folks from Atlus, NISA, IFI, Bamco, Natsume, Nintendo, Capcom, and more at E3.

nice nice. I still have my own doubts, i'd be a fool to just believe anything I read online. But I do hope you're right. I don't suppose you know anything Atlus has up their sleeves, Persona 5 aside.?

God why.

Just let it die a peaceful and fulfilled death. Don't ruin my former raison d'etre you fucking pieces of shit. I can't bear much more disappointment in life, and seeing this magnificent series being whored to western secondary peasant trash fills me with a weary exhaustion like none other.

Nope, they aren't doing booth tours this year. You'll know when I know… I haven't heard shit on my side of the grape vine yet.

This is the game that XSEED is bringing over.

Any chance you can double check with Namco about Tales of Berseria coming west uncensored? I know they said something about it before in regards to Velvet's outfit tying in with her personality or something, but considering that since then Namco has apparently opted to censor the new God Eater out here, I'd like to know if that statement still holds water.

Also maybe inquire about a western release for Tales of Innocence R, preferably with a better translation than Hearts R got?

I'd guess he works with Techraptor or Nichegamer or some other group; seen at least one of them around before. I highly doubt we've got another XSEED employee around after what happened to Xseeddude on halfchan.

That game was actually pretty good.

But that doesn't discount a single thing I said. Let it rest in peace. Don't desecrate the corpse like this.

Oh I see. Kind of odd they'd do that for P4DAN but NOT P5? Curiouser and curiouser. I wasn't aware XSEED was doing a 2hu game too. Certainly looks more fun than the one NISA is bringing over. It almost looks like Ys and Touhou had an illegitimate child

what DID happen to Xseeddude? I only hear he got scared off, but never what actually happened, if anything.

Xseeddude was a she, and she got scared off because someone from /jrpgg/ on halfchan went to her workplace with a fucking bouquet.

I actually talked to her at last year's E3, and I'm definitely going to end up talking to her again, while we geek out about kiseki.

Some autist in either vitagen or JRPGgen apparently wound up stalking her in real life. Not entirely sure which; never went to Vitagen at the time since I didn't have the system, but JRPGgen certainly had some odd people there. Not sure if it was some random user or one of the tripfag squad; I'd since stopped going there prior to that due to some people doing spoiler campaigns about games they felt the west didn't deserve to be getting.

Are you that guy who gave a correct leak about something a few months back? I can't remember what game it was, I just vaguely remember it happening.

fucking hell, sheesh. That'd probably scare me off too having a stalker send a bouquet to my workplace

is she cute? :3c

creepy as hell. Sad to hear it ended that way. I only ever really some-what lurked halfchan's Holla Forums, and that was only a year or so before the exodus. I never even knew about JRPGGen or vitagen, so this is news to me.

At least we have this techraptor/nichegamer/some-other-site user.

Yeah. I talked with her before about Tales and some other JRPGs sometime before whenever it was happened (I wasn't around at that time). Seemed like a nice enough person. Too bad someone there just had to blow it, and apparently couldn't see the difference between the light hearted (as far as imageboard culture goes) ribbing some people gave her, and sperging out and actually tracking her down in real life.

I do wish that there was a good replacement for /jrpgg/ here, but /vg/ here's pretty dead (I've checked through the catalog before and found nothing as far as JRPG general), /jrpg/ the board is outright dead and was already for months before I'd even known it existed, and I've only ever seen the occasional JRPG focused thread here on Holla Forums turn out all that good.

yeah

well, there's the falcom threads I guess?
It doesn't help that Holla Forums has seemed to be slowing down too, and codemonkey fucking with shit isn't helping from what I can tell.

And there are people in this thread that enable this bullshit by giving NISA money

Not me; if you didn't notice, they give me their shit for free.

Man, you're actually just as bad as the Japan guy.

We get it. You're a reviewer of some sort. You don't need to say it every single thread you go in, multiple times no less.

I bought Disgaea 4 used. Don't plan on picking up Grand Kingdom until it's out and available as "used", given the game isn't memed/fucked up to hell and back. I'll confess, I did buy Escha & Logy+, but only because I knew they weren't localizing it. Forgive me Holla Forums, for I have sinned…

You've got a point. Sorry.

bumpan before bed

i sin all the time, bought stranger of sword cityLimited edition

From XSEED's latest PR release. Like I said, my sources are legit.

UNF

Alright alright, I hear you.
oh god I hope they announce something with VD soon. The last tweet Takaki wrote out about it made it sound as though it COULD come to the West after all. I find it amusing that even Limited Run games said they'd be happy to help give it physical releases. Though I would imagine (and hope) that XSEED would get it over LR, since XSEED would probably package it with goodies like the Senran games. But the extra support there is pretty nice to see all the same.

DROPPED!

They aren't mentioning the PC release because there's no PC physical, therefor XSEED isn't touching it.

I donated a hundred bucks to it and this is my own recording. Look at the jiggle that I cropped. It was 1080p

Also, the implication here seems to be "casual" as in "people who don't want to 100% the game"

Delicious.

Did none of you see the bait hook flag?

I didn't….

well, I sure feel silly now…

Why is this so cute?

goddammit Carlos

The Asterisk War / Gakusen Toshi Asterisk game was trademarked in Europe. I wonder if that Asian English one is still coming too then.

Nice, I didn't think you were lying, but you never know. There's some game called Exile's End coming out for Vita too.

Goddamnit Carlos…

That's fine for discussing Falcom related games (including their RPGs), but discussion of stuff other than that would be pretty unrelated.

Codemonkey's done a pretty good job actually helping get the site usable again, considering how badly it was shitting itself before he got involved. I think the issue lately has been captcha related problems. Had to fill out like twelve of them yesterday before it would let me post.

Neat. I wouldn't mind having a Shantae title on here.

What do people like about those Shantae games so much anyway? I never even played one.

How often does the digital edition Persona 4 Golden go on sale? Just doing a quick search, it was on sale on PSN last November, and on Amazon in April. I just got a Vita, so I missed both of those. Wondering if I should wait a bit. If it'll likely go on sale in a month or maybe two, then I will, it's not like I don't have other games to play.

Platforming, metroidvania-style adventure game with colorful characters and decent mechanics.

Holla Forums goes nuts over it because big-hipped, delicious skinned cuties with fun characterizations that they can waifu.

Definitely hold out. It doesn't go on sale often, but it DOES go on sale. Unless you have some burning need, it's fine to wait for it.

Any idea when it's usually on sale? During certain holidays? On weekends? I have no problem waiting, I'm just concerned about missing it.

It used to go on sale all the time, but I think Atlus kind of slowed down with their constant sales. It'll probably just be at some random point in time. I'd just check whenever new sales go up. I think Tuesdays and weeekend specials.

Oh okay, I can't say I'm a big fan of the art, but I do like metroidvania type stuff.

Golden Week is usually a safe bet, but that already happened.

The last PSN flash sale (North American, anyhow) it got into was in April, so I'd expect it to be a little while. Still, I've seen it go on sale a fair bit in the past (Atlus isn't averse to letting their stuff get into sales, while with some other companies, like TK, stuff like Atelier might get mark downs once or twice a year here), and the physical version wasn't too expensive last I checked either.

If you're new to PSN stuff, flash sales happen fairly often, usually with a theme to them, but it's usually not clear what's included until it happens. Here in the US they seem to occur every month (not sure what the exact parameters for when are, but it seems to be Fridays that fall in the 20-27th of the month, so that's usually a good time to start checking). They also do various sales every so often, as well as having a yearly Golden Week sale for certain Japanese games.

It'll be a periodical thing. They might have a vendor sale coming up (like how Ubisoft, Activision, etc had sales last month), or you'll find it in a rando. It's just something to keep an eye out for toward weekends or Tuesdays. Cheapassgamer will let you know if things like that are on sale, too.

They've been pissing me off. Half of the time smaller things aren't even mentioned, yet every fucking new game is because of Amazon Prime.

The US PSN sales are what make me consider using my (neglected for years now) US account on my Vita. Only problem is I already bought P4G digitally from the Japanese PSN, and because Sony went full Jew with the Vita, I'd need another memory card to do it, or format my current card whenever I wanted to play downloaded games from a different region. It's really quite annoying.

That guy pissed me off every time he showed up in Persona 3. I played it in Japanese, and while I'm no Nihongo master, I've been studying it and translating it for a few years and primarily playing text heavy games in Japanese for quite awhile too, so I've gotten used to it and I can usually play games pretty comfortably. Edogawa liked to ramble on forever and never had a point though. It's easy to stop paying attention and miss details in English when I don't care what's being said, it's even easier in Japanese (though I was surprised that I still got the gist of what he was saying even when I sped through the text).

Actually I kinda think it would have been better to play Persona 3 and 4 in English given their social nature. I don't have any intention of playing Persona 1 and 2 in English (I've already played through them in Japanese) for a few reasons, one of which is I just don't want to, they're no trouble in Nip for the most part (though Kazuya and Baofu liked to used a lot of terms I wasn't familiar with). Kinda think I might have had more fun with P3 and P4 in a language I'm fluent in though. I don't know, maybe I'll grab P4G if it goes on sale on the English PSN as well, I'll just have to watch some stuff on Youtube to see what I think of the dub voices, and to see if I can stand the terrible mix of English and Japanese honorifics. Though by the time I play P4 a second time, I may have improved enough to where I enjoy the Japanese version even more.

Excuse my rambling, all I meant to do was complain about a rambler in P3 and ended up rambling myself.

I don't even mind the honorifics, but the forced dub is really lame. If P5 has it I'm gonna be pissed, but thankfully I think that will have finally passed.

Despite my own feelings of how to deal with honorifics in translation, I don't mind that they're in the localized Personas, it's the fact that they mix them in with English honorifics too. You'll see Yousuke call Yukiko "Yukiko-senpai" (at least in the English version. He seems to use an honorific much more frequently in the English version than he does in the Japanese, oddly enough), but the teachers are all Mr or Mrs, and I think they also refer to students as "Mr" and "Miss" too. It's damn inconsistent.

Persona 3 and 4 are from what I can tell worse in English - the translation is subpar at best, and can't really solve the problem that despite being a social focused game, most of the social interactions are just painfully boring and with people you by and large don't give a damn about.

That's terrible and stupid - Yukiko isn't his senpai, she's the same grade as him and I doubt she was held back a year. He pretty much always refers to her simply as "Amagi"

I'm being retarded, it was san.

Yeah, probably. I guess it would just be a small band-aid, I'd have to focus less is all. There are English games I've played that were hard to focus on too because they didn't hold my interest. Though I don't hate Persona 4. The main story scenes are fine and I don't have any problem following them or any social links I actually like. Hard to care when picking up sidequests and such though.

Yeah, that's really stupid. Big bro or whatever the fuck really bugs me too. Marie's bad poetry and stupidihateyoupevert all seems really wrong in English too.

Fair enough, still completely wrong though considering that the only possible reason to use honorifics in English would be to try and maintain the nuances of their relationships, and that completely falls flat when you have them address each other by the opposite name and add in honorifics that weren't in the original script.

Yeah, Persona 4 at least had much better writing and theming than 3 did, possibly because they were so clearly reading Diamond is Unbreakable while making it but if I were to replay for some reason I would still play it only in Japanese, that translation looks painfully bad.

But that's fucking wrong on all accounts. The theming is full of twice as much generic weebshit than P3 and the characters are 3 times as bad. The only thing it did was alleviate the edge a little bit.

I really liked both of them. Just because something has tropes in it that doesn't mean it's generic. I love how everyone likes to claim every single game that comes out is copying it and then still even call it stuff like that.

It's not even bad if you do like something that isn't completely original. What is these days? Not everything you like has to be highly original or a masterpiece.

I just don't find P4 generic and I don't agree that everything is copying it. I remember someone made a thread about Net High and even that was getting accused of copying Persona.

persona is the new "souls like" game.

Yeah, I guess, it's just weird how if you go somewhere and read the comments for Akiba's Beat, for example, there's 100 people saying Persona, when it looks more like it's inspired by something like Madoka or 100 other things.
The "souls like" thing seems to bug me even more when people apply it to 2D games for some reason too. Maybe I'm just getting old and bitter.

Wonder if we'll see places proclaiming X game to be the Persona of Y genre. I still remember that "The Dark Souls of Their Genres" article, with SMT IV being listed as "The Dark Souls of Persona Games."

Yeah, it is a bit annoying that they tied the memory card to one account (and thus region) at a time, while with the PS3 you can have multiple accounts and keep everything on it.

Did the PSP's have the same "one account/region" thing that the Vita does? Never bothered grabbing anything off the PSN for my PSP since I got the system late and just toss downloaded stuff on it since CFW makes it easy to.

Not to say that thiongs don't draw inspiration from Persona, but Persona is well liked that happens, but I don't feel like there's that much in common with most so called ripoffs.

Same here, so I have no idea. At least the PS4 is like the PS3, so I won't have to worry whenever I get one of those.

This sounds insanely sickening. I feel like it's probably for the best that I just ignore everything most of the time. I was trying to read a Game Informer the other day and it just ticked me off.

Oh yeah, Game Informer reminded me too, The Vita is pretty much shit and doesn't get games, so you're all lucky such an amazing game like Severed came out.

nah, casualfags are just getting more retarded.

Here you go. Not sure if the author legitimately doesn't get that SMT and Persona would fall under "JRPG," or if Persona has so eclipsed SMT in popularity that some idiots think Persona is the main series. Or maybe he knowingly did that just to piss off SMT fans, I don't know.

But yeah, I try to avoid vidya news places aside from Nichegamer and Techraptor these days.

It does if it's badly done.
What? Who fucking does this? No one but normalfags and shitty Journos say this.

P4 is still a shitty game, so is P3.

This never fails to irritate me when it's posted.

It's become some type of media darling it seems. The first sentence in the Game Informer's review is,

I still remember that one image of the SMT IV cover with text overlaid from early reviews with some people bitching that it, an SMT game, shockingly wasn't Persona, as if that is what every SMT game (even a main series SMT entry) should aim to be.

Reviewers were? I can see fans always wanting every game to be for them, but reviewers should understand that there's a demand for more than one type of game. I just don't think that has any business in a review.

Well, the image unfortunately didn't bother to include sources, just quotes people had found and compiled. I suppose it could have been either "professionals" or just "fans" giving their opinions. Or maybe a mixture of both, it's been, what, almost three years since the game came out? I'll see if I can go digging through some of the quotes used and see if the non generic "Persona 5 where" sort of ones have an actual source. That "Dark Souls of Persona Games" one was on there too. Some of these, like "The demon laughed at me, called me stupid, and bit me in the face" shouldn't be too hard to run a search for.

Haha what? I hope they weren't implying that was a bad thing. If I made games I'd have it pick on stupid players too. Shit, I'd even give reviewers their own easy mode with a joke ending.

I wish people like you were devs user. I seriously think they're all retarded.

Oh hey, got quints.

Checking through some so far, it does seem to have at least some vidya "journalist" sites as the sources for at least some of the quotes, including shitaku, usgamer, engadget, etc. Credit where it's due though, while it does include a section of a review from Gamestop, the image cuts out the part where the reviewer mentions that Persona is an offshoot of SMT, making it seem like the reviewer was worse than they might otherwise be. Unless Gamespot added that clarification after the fact. I don't know. I'm just googling the quotes and seeing what the sources are, rather then giving any clicks.

To be fair, some of the quotes on there aren't just of the "Why isn't this just like Persona?" variety. I haven't played it myself since I don't have a 3DS, but for example, the one about the OST not standing out that well might have actual merit behind it. I don't know though.

But yeah, it seems like a fair amount of people expected more Persona from it, or hadn't played anything SMT related prior to it BUT Persona.

If I recall correctly, one somewhat recent game did have different endings depending on what difficulty it was played on, when some reviewer bitched about the ending, people that played it gave him shit for having only played it on easy.

The OST was fine. Not as good as the original SFC games, but still pretty good, and a far cry better than Persona 3 and 4. SMT 4 was not without it's flaws, a few of which are thankfully addressed in FINAL, but it had some good new quality of life upgrades, and things like giving Experience for winning battles through negotiation have been a long time coming. It's a mixed bag, and I don't like it as much as I like the SFC originals or Strange Journey, but it's still a good game.

If anyone knows what it is please post it so we can laugh. Sounds vaguely familiar.

Something I liked with the Shadow Hearts series. While they don't have joke endings, they did handle the idea of people apparently wanting an easy mode in a neat way.
Makes me wonder, if the games ever see an HD collection or PS4 PSN version (I kind of doubt they will on both fronts), would there be some sort of trophy ragging on people for playing the game on automatic as further insult to them? Would certainly fit with the cheekiness the games have at times (I mean, the devs even ragged on their publisher with one particular item).

Was mainly just pointing out that one since it was actually addressing a part of the game on its own (if perhaps as an opinion; I mean, I haven't heard much of SMT IV's OST, but that one you linked sounded pretty good), instead of whoever did it just trying to compare the game (or an aspect of it, anyhow) to Persona, as if it not being Persona is some sort of flaw.

I'm playing Malicious Rebirth, and I'm at The Malicious 2.0. Anyone got any good strats?

Also I'm dabbing on and off on Persona 1, I'm hoping to finish that one as well sometime soon. (although not likely)
How far am I into the game if I just beat the little girl by the statue in the school? Also how to get the good ending? no spoilers pls

Guys, I found a used copy of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
Is it rare in Europe as they say?
Should I buy it?

Thought I had it in my Shitty "Journalism" folder, but apparently not. And while a quick google does bring up something perhaps relevant, most of the first page results are apparently actual articles from the usual suspects about why playing on easy shouldn't be mocked. I'll keep looking.

It all bums me out. Knowing that Sony wants to get out of the handheld market and it will shut off opportunities for so many devs that make smaller scale games, has really been troubling me too. I guess they think there's room for everyone on mobile's oversaturated FTP market or PS4's hollywood multimillion dollar budget box.

That's pretty funny. I remember a lot of games used to actually abruptly end early on easy mode, pretty much encouraging you to switch to normal, further develop your skills, and finish the game.
I understand enjoying an easy going, passive, type game, but it seems like people have begun to think all games should offer that and it's just bullshit. I think people are getting worse at games these days too. It seems like been able to beat people at games I never played before and they own way too much for it to be normal.

I've really wanted to try that game. Hopefully, I can grab it on sale sometime. It's a shame it didn't get a physical version. I'm always worried about things disappearing.

It was removed from PSN, so it wouldn't surprise me if the price went up. A lot of people seemed to really like it. If you want it and the price is reasonable, you might as well buy it now, in case it gets hard to find or expensive later.

I remember that slew of "You shouldn't have to be good to enjoy games" articles that came out after that one journalist or reviewer completely failed at playing nuDoom for all the world to see. They seem to be making it pretty clear that they really don't have an interest in playing games themselves, or at least dislike the genres they find themselves being critics for.

Unfortunately I still can't seem to find that image of the guy getting called out for criticizing whatever game it was' story when he played on easy. I'll have to remember to ask for it in the next shitty vidya journalism thread.

Or conversely, drive everyone to Nintendo's handhelds for better or worse. Sony shouldn't be trying to get out, they should be using this failure as an opportunity to improve.

This sounds awesome, I've never played Shadow Hearts before where do I start?

What the fuck is the point? You're supposed to be telling me the quality of this game, why should I trust you if you're terrible at even baby games? These are the people that give good games bad reviews because they blame the games for their faults.

Now I wish I had actually gotten finished by now with this infographic I'd been making. They are great, especially if you want to see a JRPG series that isn't afraid to be dark but also really fucking weird at the same time. There's four games in the franchise, with the series having a chronology spanning from 1898 to 1929 in an alternate Earth where dark things still lurk, and generally have a certain amount of nods to the previous games.

Here's a sample of what I've had in progress for it (just not sure how deep in detail I want to go with it). But basically, Koudelka sets some of the groundwork for the series, Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts: Covenant are a duology of sorts where playing SH1 will cause the events in SH2 to have a LOT more impact (though I suppose most fans played Covenant first; Koudelka and SH1 sold poorly while Covenant got RPG of the Year from IGN when it came out here), and the last game, Shadow Hearts: From the New World, is a side game and is much lighter in tone than the previous ones (Nautilus never got to make the Shadow Hearts III they wanted, and their publisher shut them down). I suppose you can start with either Koudelka or Shadow Hearts 1, and FtNW is hit or miss with series fans (since, despite having the most refined combat in the series, the change in tone can turn people off of it). The big thing of note is to play Covenant after the first Shadow Hearts, as it is a direct sequel to the bad end of the prior game by about 6 months, and features a number of recurring characters directly from the previous game. Events in Covenant also mean more if you played the prior game and got attached to the characters there.

Worth noting that absolutely none of the games have a PSN version at all, even in Japan, nor have they ever seen official release on any platforms but their original systems. For Koudelka, emulating or playing it as an eboot on a CFW PSP or something would be ideal since the game itself is a bit expensive and physical copies have a fair amount of loading to them (playing it as an eboot reduces that down to somewhere from 1/2 to 1/4 the time in my experiences). With the PS2 ones though, I'm not entirely certain how well they emulate; seen online video footage (which I assume was gained in emulation) where cutscene video/audio in Covenant can lag badly under certain circumstances, as well as for spell animations in FtNW, neither of which happen played on a PS2 itself. Not sure if that's an issue with emulating or how they were recorded. The big thing though is that you want to make sure the Judgment Ring doesn't lag. I've also heard the games have issues played on the 80 GB PS3 models, while the NTSC 20 and 60 GB ones apparently work fine with them.

Apparently "writing" is the profession they feel involved in and get hired for, and then they fail at actually playing the games they're supposed to review, nitpick them for "icky" content, and get paid to shill. Funniest thing is, this sort of thing, in regards to how bad videogame journalism can be, has been called out since at least 1995 (and THAT particular image I do have saved). I'd certainly rather hear about what a JRPG fan thinks of a JRPG than what a sports fan or dudebro does, since someone that's a fan of a given genre is going to know what other fans care about, and/or put more weight on as important in a review of one. Though I think everyone can agree that whoever reviews games needs to be able to play them, and play them properly, to be able to critique them the right way.

Unfortunate that our shitty media still seems to be considered representative of western game consumers, even out in Japan, although some devs/publishers/distributors really don't give a fuck.

Project Diva F 2nd
Project Diva X, Neptunia x Sega Hard Girls
Project Diva F
Currently broke

wot bait?

TRON run/R
It's actually really fun for an endless runner.
when summer sale comes
Carmageddon games and Unreal games
DOOM64.EX
Mafia 2 now that it was back on steam

The problem is that it kind of is representative of Western game consumers, which is a distinct group from Western gamers. The former group, aka the mass market that provides CoD or WoW type numbers, is the one that companies are interested in, and is basically the only reason most companies bother localizing games for the West at this point - smaller ones can't afford to put anything more than an afterthought into foreign sales, after all.

Fate/Extella LE has a boob mousepad
archive.is/guVkY
XSEED PLZ

I also never realized that Artoria was in this game, I thought there'd only be one Saber. Too bad for Artoria that Nero is still best Saber

fuck you user, i thought it was for the west release.

Whore of Babylon is still a whore

Sorry, didn't mean to deceive. But maybe there's hope yet. It's a pretty simple LE, compared to previous Marvelous LEs, and we already know XSEED is picking up Fate/Extella for a NA release.

Who knows?

Now hold on, Nero may have been batshit insane, but I have my doubts as to Nero actually being the Whore of Babylon. or did they straight up say that Nero was in one of the Fate games? I haven't even finished Fate/Extra anyway.

In Fate Nero is the Whore of Babylon

Xseed will probably just do their usual art book and soundtrack if anything. Why not import it?

So I finally got my 64 gig card in, and went to download a bunch of stuff.

Helldivers and Wolf Among Us both downloaded super fast
Then Senran Kagura Estival Versus downloads at a crawl. It's downloaded like 300 megs in 7 hours. Anyone think of any reason this might be?

What kind of game even is Fate/Extella? Another VN?

It will probably have VN-like cutscenes, but it's a high-speed action game where players control Heroic Spirits and Divine Spirits known as Servants, and defeat hundred of enemies with overwhelming power that defies human intellect.

forgot picture

So, something like a Musou game? Or something more along the lines of DMC? Did the previous Fate games play like that, like the one on the PSP?

Yeah, it sounds like it has a lot in common with Senran Kagura.

There's a reason why they went with a mousepad and not a figure again for F/E

The Musou type Senran Kaguras, or the classic beat-em-up style ones? If that's a gameplay screencap I'll assume the former.

Differences in filesize maybe? Or when you downloaded the prior two, it was a less busy time on the PSN (it is Friday afternoon, you know, so maybe they've got a bit more traffic than they would during work hours on another day)? Just a few ideas.

Might also want to double check your connection speed in general, see if it's just the PSN being really slow or if something else is bogging it down.

Sony servers a shit.

Senran since Marvelous is being contracted to make it

Nah I was trying to download Senran and it was taking forever so I paused it and then Wolf just took the fuck off downloading at maximum speed.

So I tried them next to eachother and confirmed it's Senran only that's having the problem. I've since played games and downloaded other shit no problem all while this download crawls along at fuckall/second

Marvelous made both the beat-em-up Senrans and the Musou Senrans though.

oh vey!
nichegamer.com/2016/06/03/fateextella-costume-redone-looking-nazi-like/

Not clicking that.

Koreans false flagged as Japanese and complained to remove it

click what?

I'm pretty much convinced nichegamer writers post links here hoping for bumps in traffic, which I'm sure works once there's a normal thread. But, besides that, the amount of retards in the comments there is bad enough as it is. I don't even want to think about how bad they'd be for something like that. It might be impossible to find game site with just the right amount of autism. Always too much or not enough.

i never read the comments of any article, its a rule that have served me well.

Some of the NicheGamer guys are legit retarded. Brandon Orselli made a big deal about getting an "invite" to that Naughty America VR thing when they literally sent that email out to everyone that got an E3 press pass.

That's kind of funny, because I saw him bragging about a letter that Discus sent out, but when I looked at it it appeared to be a generic "good job" to pretty much everyone.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus. Maxing out Daidouji before going back to Dragon's Crown.

Shingeki no Kyojin game, the next Neptunia game (the high fantasy part picked my interest), Cold Steel II, Freedom Wars, Osomatsu-san: The Game tobone the matsus

Dragon's Crown with Amazon. Still doing the other classes, tho.

Saving up for FFXV and Pokemon. Sorry

Hey, I have a question. Does anyone have played Natural Doctrine? I'm getting mixed recs but I've heard it's quite hard so it got my attention.

Yeah, well, he's also the same fucker that complained about XSEED "blacklisting" them, got an interview with Kenichiro Takaki, and then CONTINUED to complain that he was blacklisted when I know for a goddamn fact that the Kenichiro Takaki interviews were proctored THROUGH XSEED last E3. I FUCKING INTERVIEWED THE MAN MYSELF.

God that site aggravates me sometimes. TechRaptor has its faults but at least my boss isn't full of himself and thinks he knows everything like that jackass does.

Not sure why you'd spoiler Pokemon, but not FFXV. There's probably way better odds that FF turns out to be the disaster (that took over a decade to make).
I kind of want it, but I can never find it as cheap as I'd like. I wish that people didn't say the story felt throwaway, because I would've bout it full price if it was on other SRPGs level. The story is normally what helps give me the push to keep playing and if it's harder than normal it sort of worries me.

I forgot about that Xseed thing. I'm pretty indifferent to Xseed, but I found it funny that people were using it as a reason to hate them. It just wouldn't have surprised me if he earned it from all the stupid things he's posted.
My main issue with the site is that they don't ever seem to have anything before comparable sites though. It kind of seems like they just look at shit like gematsu and siliconera and then put their own articles up about the stuff later.

O-oh…Like I said, I never finished Fate/Extra. Guess I should get on that though.

It looks like it'll be a musou game the same way the SK Versus games are, more or less.

So it IS TechRaptor you work for then…Eh, whatever. Probably better that than NicheGamer. I liked what NicheGamer had going a good year or so back, but lately they just sort of leave a sour taste in my mouth, but I still prefer them over Gematsu, sometimes.

No kidding. I have trouble taking some stuff he says seriously. I don't know the dude, obviously, but he just seems a little, unprofessional I guess?

I do like their mascot though. I know it's basically not-Kotakuchan, but still, Mika a cute

I've read that it has some trial-and-error moments when you have to find out which attack sequence or formation is the right one to not get fucked by hordes of enemies. Still, gameplay-wise seems very complex with skill trees and stuff, which would explain why some people bitch about it (I've heard the game anally blasts you if you fuck up). Graphics aren't the best, tho, but I can let it slide if the game's good, as always.

I got to play the Duscae demo and it wasn't so bad. What I do like about it is that SJWs bitched about muh lack of females in the main cast, so Tabata announced they could get Luna for the team… as DLC. Pretty subtle fuck you. Overall I see it as a game I'll pick up to kill some time. That collector's edition looked nice, tho.

Tell me there's a chance to see the Osomatsu otoge here or more VNs in general

Oh hey, Dragon's Crown is on sale. Just got a Vita and was thinking about trying that game out, it sounds fun. Played a bit of the Odin Sphere remake demo and that one seems fun too. Shame Muramasa isn't also on sale right now, that's another one on my list.

Dragon's Crown is a 10/10 game, get it.
I didn't like it until I found out about the dodge button, you should be aware of it

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to see if there's a demo available right now, but I imagine I'll like it, it seems like the sort of game I would. Will just need to format my memory card since I'm using a Japanese account, but I've only got one game on it right now that I probably won't replay any time soon anyway.

I may have a job! Which has me sitting around doing jack shit. What's some good games on this thing, does it have CFW, how much would it cost for a good quality screen, how much are memory cards and how many GB?
I may just use it as a higher quality MHFU device really. I liked the feel of the PSP 1000 over the PSP 3000. If I can recall it's a tad bit thicker more towards a 1k with better screen resolution. Speaking of how's backwards compatibility?

I played it for a little bit for the first time today. It seems pretty deep for a sidescrolling beat em up. I'm looking forward to really starting it, but I might go with Odin Sphere first.

Did we get another Uppers demo yet? I know they were saying there'd be a new one but has it come out yet?

Sounds good. Should I play the PSP one first?

Guessing that's only for the foreign PSNs? It's still going for 7180 here.

New thread

Muramasa and Dragon Crown are 29.99CAD in VGP (~24$?)

Yep, US PSN. Japanese PSN prices suck. Don't think I'll buy many games from it unless I can only get the game in Japanese of it's one of the ones I simply feel I need to play in Japanese. Even then, I can usually get a physical copy cheaper anyway.