Why cant DC do something this good and original again?

Why cant DC do something this good and original again?

Dwayne Mcduffie is dead and there only mistake with this show was Static and Gear not showing up in justice league unlimited

Old Static shows up

Orginal ideas don't sell.

To be fair that was an adaptation of a comic not an original show. Still would be nice to see something like this.

I want to say a majority of the shows episodes were original and overall better than the comic

How does Holla Forums feel about Zeta?

I loved it. Gave us a nice view of the future when it's not so focused on Terry.

And the original comic was basically even more nerdy Spider-Man, and when I mean nerdy, I mean flat out playing Dungeons and Dragons at the back of the tabletop and collecting Pokemon cards. His favorite was Pikachu.

Though looking back on it, he reminds me more of Chuck Dixon's era Tim Drake in his home life.

Technically, Static isn't even a DC character. He was conceived by a publisher that happened to have a publishing agreement with DC.

Is the Jaime Reyes run of Blue Beetle comics any good? I felt some Static Shock vibes from the character in Brave and the Bold, or at least felt that something about the characters were similar.

Man.

The original run is really good, though it's got the Kyle Rayner problem of every hero showing up and reminding us that the previous hero was great.

Fuck you, OP.

t.Richies Dad

That always made me sick when I was a teenager.

You know this is one of those shows which never arrived to Slavlands because whe have zero black population. But anytime i hear about my favorites from the 90's this shows always come up and people praise it to heaven. Call me paranoid, but this show is really good? Just because it's about a black young boy it didn't show current years bulshit, right? Should i try it?

P.S.: Before leftypol goes apeshit, my problem isn1t with the black protag, but the "nowaday so common" bitching about "ebil whites". For fuck shake, we didn't even was near America back then, but those dyed haired weirdos still call ous a slavers. Fucking commie-tier history forgers!

Virgil's a cool kid, and his friend's a fag, but one of those cool fags like Freddy Mercury.

You would like the show its about how an explosion gives a bunch of gang bangers super powers and Static decides to do the reasonably thing and becomes a super hero to finally clean his city up.

It's not "current year" bullshit. It came out in the early 2000's. It deals with racism and issues facing the nigger community with more nuance than just going "EBIL WHITES".

I honestly think Static Shock was one of the few shows that did very special episodes right

That monkey's paw, man. That monkey's paw.

Sounds like the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. You guys convinced me, i will give it a try! Thanks a lot!

The soundtrack is full of Hip Hop and R&B so I guess you wont like that

The only one of those type of episodes I didn't like was the school shooter one. Since they put so much focus on the kid getting bullied yet they come to the conclusion the guns were the problem not the kid getting bullied.

JIMMY'S GOT A GUN!

It was moving when Static was actually able to save bang babies from becoming villians, and get them help.

Webm

I rewatched it just last year, it's genuinely good. I think it has two episodes total that mention race. And one of those episodes is, "Well some people are racist fucks, not much you can do."

I remember the other time race is mentioned is when he visits Africa. All he said was something along the lines of "I love my home, but it's cool to visit a place where I'm not the minority". Nothing wrong with tribalism so long as you're not a subversive hypocrite about it.

The Africa episode was a bit dumb but it wasn't retarded as shit. It did manage to offhandedly create one of the coolest superheroes ever.

The Spider was a smooth mother fucker.

I honestly wish we got to see more of him.

I think Virgil was calling his friend Richie when he said that, and I remember him punctuating it by asking "Is this what it's like for you all the time?"

I remember the awkward look on Richie's face. The best part was that Virgil wasn't asking to be political. He genuinely wanted to know.

That was why the episode isn't irredeemable trash. It wasn't, "This is how black people think," it was, "This is how this black character thinks."

It focused more on the fact that Virgil lived in the inner city than it did on him being black. His dad being a community leader and helping troubled youth was an interesting part of the series.

dammit, Jimbo

Unfortunately the previous hero was Ted Kord who Giffen and Dematties had him to a complete joke. I mean dude was a gadgeteer genius and acrobatic as hell, hell the stink was so bad that's the reason Ted died. Sure, Booster's the only guy who trusted Ted and he was put out of action during that story.

Not Reginald "No way in hell a white man can fight a black man to a draw so I write a mini series that retconned it so that Black Panther won against Cap" Hudlin. Anyone but that.

Isn't he also the guy who shoved Storm and Black Panther together because, 'They're both black, so they should fuck'?

Same guy.

Fucking loved it, too bad that it didn't get enough love.

I hate that guy.

What a fucking nigger

Well, he is a nigger. Dude used to the be President of Entertainment for the BET.

That explains a lot.

Anansi is actually a character from West African folklore. While they have (even though they profess Christianity or Islam) loads of gods, Anansi is thier generic "devil". Though he's more like an incompetent Loki.
I have a bunch of translated stories about him in a 30's volume of Chums, but I'm thousands of miles from it.
Anyway, look up the KFC comics if you want good clean fun from DC.

Okay that explains why Anansi is such a smooth mother fucker.

Yes.

Anansi's more like Coyote than Satan.

Hey man, he ain't no devil, he's just looking to have a fun time and trick whitey.

So him being a spider is sort of supposed to represent him trapping and ensnaring others in his illusions as a spider would with their web?

B'cuz current year kids like radumb stuff like waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles and burritos v xburguer

That and he's a storyteller, so his web is like the tales he spins.

See I like how esoteric that sorta theme is. It's done in a cool way.

No, they don't. I have a 12 year old sister, and her favorite show, since I introduced it to her, is Avatar and Legend of Korra. She wants the comics for Christmas. Kids aren't stupid, they know what good entertainment is, it's just producers knowing they can shovel whatever from 9-5 and people will watch it because it's the only thing on, and get approval ratings merely because having only one thing on makes it so highly viewed.
Kids these days use streaming to watch most of their shows. The Netflix and Amazon Originals are where kids entertainment is headed.

That kid is essentially asking to be dissapointed for Christmas.

Ah. Are they no good by Average standards, or just no good by Holla Forums standards?

The Avatar comics are pretty terrible. The art is by Gurihiru, so it's excellent, but the writing is complete trash. It's nothing but drama drama drama.

Give her the crossed Comics

…Are you shitting me? I'm trying to decide whether you're being a troll or the chans are so desensitized on how to handle kids normally that this is an actual suggestion.

There is no real plot without the threat of the fire nation. So it's mostly filled with relationshit drama, Mai leaves Zuko.

Either way why are you acting offended? This is a chan, you should expect these kinds of posts.

…Huh. Yeah, it's been a while since I've been on a board that has a "normal" community. My home board is rather chill.

post-2015

They're not good. Mostly relationship crap and one deals with finding Zuko's mom which once you learn why she left it becomes disappointing. That and the Korra comics are worse and pozzed as fuck.

That's some pretty clever bait, I'll give you that.

I unironically want the full Static Shock soundtrack some of the tracks were good.

Girls of age 12 love drama stuff, especially when the main character has to decide which boy she wants. She won't be disappointed, she will be more than happy.

Fair enough. Don't know how she'll react to the Korra comics after season 4 though.

Just give her the 2000's Power Pack comics. Art by Gurihiru and comfy as fuck…or just get her Super-Sons.

SOOPA-HEERO
STAATIC SHOCK!

GOTTA GET UP

GOTTA GO

So whats the deal with the show in regards of the DCAU? Like apparently it was never really connected with it until they did the Justice League cross-over then suddenly its part of the DCAU.

HERE WE GO
HERE WE GO, YEAH
HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY

I don't know if it was intended to be part of the DCAU but they did some crossovers so I guess it is now. Though funny enough he was supposed to meet the Teen Titans but for some reason that show got split away from the DCAU.

Ebon: Great villain or GREATEST villain?

Honestly, I'd rather let Bendis take Static and make him a carbon copy of his Miles Morales instead of letting that fucking cunt get near him

I'm going to go with greatest, I still didn't understand his motivations beyond wanting to organize Bang Babies for crimes.

Hell, we could've had the Titans AND the Legion in the DCAU….shame, huh?

Look on the bright side.
In Teen Titans Go they're constantly crossing over with Justice League and Batman and Commissioner Gordon are a gay couple.
That was not the bright side.

Before he was a bang baby he was a lowly gangster doing small time crimes when he got the powers he was the only one who realized just how much power they could obtain by being a bang baby

…what?

Batman and Commissioner Gordon are the (un)ambiguously gay duo in Teen Titans Go?

Fuck that show with a rusty shovel, man.

No thanks. I don't want to give my gardening implements AIDS.

Funny enough his birth name is Ivan.