github.com/espes/xqemu/commits/xbox
my.mixtape.moe/iylwkb.mkv
my.mixtape.moe/kmisjq.mkv
my.mixtape.moe/vknslh.mkv
github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commits?author=Sonicadvance1
github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commits?author=lioncash
github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commits?author=AdmiralCurtiss
github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commits?author=unknownbrackets
forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-setting-up-the-steam-controller-and-what-you-need-to-know
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Texture_Packs#Sprite_Replacement_(2D)
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation_Portable
wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
pcsx2.net/
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Simpsons:_Hit_&_Run
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Every console in existence has no games to you retards who can't be bothered to do some simple research

Gamecube actually had like 150 good games.
Be glad it's not any xbox console ever

Is there a list of Wii games that actually run at bearable framerates?
This is ridiculous.

OP you are so dumb holy shit

Xbox has metal wolf though

Are you both retarded?

I can run NGC and Wii games at 60 FPS.

kek, nice try op

ok.

You're a moron.

Buy a crt tv and the original consoles. Emulation is basic bitch pleb tier.

Well how about you name me a few games that actually RUN at 60 fps.
Because shit like dynasty warriors 3 or sonic colors is locked at 20.

I just want to play Baten Kaitos.

No

Reminder n64 emulation is shit.

Update to the latest SVN.

Bump.
I fail to find a 60 fps games list for Wii anywhere.

Sonic Colors and Super Mario Sunshine can run on 60fps
there are guides out there, you will need to use gecko codes and alter some settings to achieve 60fps

It feels strange knowing I have games that will probably never be emulated due to lack of effort put into N64 emulators.

Even if said game is generally hated.

What? Essentially everything Nintendo put out.

Are there any good HD texture packs for Melee? And how do i make the HUD and menus not look like shit in 16:9

Both the Xbox and Xbox 360 had more exclusives than the GC and Wii. Particularly the Xbox which has a fucking lot of great titles and niche jp games.

m-maybe with vr we could emulate the controller.

Don't despair, if whatever game you wanna play runs with the current angrylion plugin then you just have to wait for the fork of that that uses compute shaders instead of the CPU to render and shit will run at playable speeds.

Toasterfags plz

VFPS =| internal fps

pastebin.com/hicNfpCV

mega.nz/#F!WRcEybiS!XkS89zjkXlgscw9AJjXwrQ!aAVl0RBJ

youre lucky i never clear my history

Reminder that both of those images are emulated.

Nigger
Game is coded to run at 20 fps regardless of display rate.
Why am I even answering? Fuck.

Anyone tried playing Okami or NMH with a DS3?
Not sure how to config the controls.

Misread the post, but yeah if the game is made to run at 20 internally can't do much about it outside of a few games that have hacks to change the internal framerate, and 60fps internal framerate is far from being the majority.

I don't know what you're trying to say here. The Nintendo games, on real hardware, update the game state and render a new image at 60hz, locked to the video signal.

I always laugh at this.

And that isn't the actual framerate of the game.

60 is the VFPS / VI/s or whatever the fuck some emulator call it, the internal framerate of the game is totally separate from it.

If your reasoning was even remotely true we wouldn't have gotten any emulation for quite a lot of consoles.

All it has is a handful of games that weren't released on PS2. Garbage like the virtualboy, while utter trash has games you won't find anywhere else + the novelty/nostalgia factor to it. Xbox doesn't even have that.

And the library is generally only part of what drives people to make an emulator for a certain console.

What do you mean by this? On the real hardware, everything is synchronized to the video scanout. The video scans frames at 60hz. The rendering and update is driven by this.

You're completely missing it. Games like Super Mario Galaxy or Smash Bros. Brawl ARE in fact 60hz. As in, they produced 60 _unique_ frames per second. If you were to emulate it, the "internal frame rate" would be 60hz.

Now, the refresh rate of the TV may be 60hz regardless of what content it is displaying, but I am specifically referring to the frame rate of the content.

forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-vps-and-fps-difference

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. The games both display and render 60hz. They do not scan out a given frame more than once. They complete their entire update loop in under 16ms. They poll the controls, simulate the game logic, and produce a new unique framebuffer 60 times per second.

You're missing the point the number of times the video signal is sent to the screen isn't the number of frames being rendered internally, especially if you're talking about dolphin which has a separate display for both of those values, Melee for example is 60fps internal SMS on the other hand isn't and runs at 30fps internally.

Some game do but not every single one
fr.dolphin-emu.org/blog/2015/02/07/game-modification-60-fps-hacks/

Nintendo's games are all nearly flawless 60hz.

Jesus christ, get it through your skull. The frame rate which we are referring to is the same one that you are referring to here with Melee. We ARE talking about the frame rate of the content.

The link I just posted says the exact opposite, the fact that the console refreshes the screen 60 times per seconds is only a good thing if the game itself can render those 60 frames otherwise it.

And that framerate is unimportant it just means that if you hit it you're running at the same speed as the console should (in practice it depends on the accuracy of your emulation and some hacks like emulating an higher clocked console)

A game that runs 60VFPS and 15fps internal will still look like a stuttery pile of shit.

THE CONSOLE SHOULD AND DOES RENDER 60FPS

Dolphin says otherwise, pretty much any emulator that has the ability to show internal fps says otherwise even.

Abort yourself.

In terms of actual precision the best emulator is most likely nestopia, given the fact it is a cycle accurate nes emulator at a point you can actually develop NES software on it.

Why not just emulate the PS2 version?

Can't do that if you don't have an Nvidia GPU currently, unless AMD fixed their shit drivers in the meantime.

Because PCSX2 is shit.

I'm getting a smartphone soon.
I'm so excited to emulate the DS on it.
I should really look into buying a controller for it, though.

Nigga, just get a 3DS with a DS flashcart and CFW that shit.

It's honestly more for music and wifi browsing than gaming.
I'm not even getting a phone plan for it.

Get a tablet then.

How do you fit a tablet in a pocket?

How do you fit a ta– wait, someone beat me to it.

Just shove it in

user, first off; Don't ask a question after 5 hours have passed; I feel like people do this to give the illusion they have proven their point here.

Secondly; Brawl, New Super Mario Bros Wii, basically any of the essentials.

Also, You didn't ask for good games, just games that run at 60

Just modify your pockets to be larger or some shit. Sewing isn't that hard, and it's a rather useful skill to have.

More on topic, but not really, has anyone made homebrew for the dreamcast to load games over a network through the modem so that you don't have to get a shit ton of discs? I know this is an emulation thread, but I don't really want to start another thread for a single question.

I'm not an American high schooler, though.

Then why are you on Holla Forums :^)

Then you should get to school already. No wonder you can't even afford pants to wear.

But school's out for summer.

It really is.

Dolphin actually runs fucking great now, meanwhile every single PCSX2 build runs worse than the last.

AMD user plz

Nigga it's a 2003 mess.
I hope Play! get somewhere. PCSX2 is a lost cause.

I remember I was playing Spider-Man 2 on an older build of PCSX2 and it ran fine except for the textures being fucked up. Then I heard people talking about how the nightlies are so much better, so I tried them, and it wouldn't even run anymore. I'm guessing the reason that they sacrificed overall accuracy for hacks that make certain games run better. I'm glad that I figured out I could just pirate games on the actual console without spending a penny with the network adapter and a spare HDD I had lying around from an old computer.

Enjoy your backdoors. :^)

It has seen more progress in the last 6 month than in the previous 3 years and pretty much 90% of the remaining problems with it are GSdx related.

It's 10 year old and needs a dynarec, or at-least a better one than the thing they currently have

Look up AMD Platform Security Processor.
And before you go "but you can deactivate it" you could also deactivate iME at some point

The last ATI card I used was an X800 XL over a decade ago.

My 3570k and 670 kills Dolphin at 3x internal res, but can't run anything at 100% on the latest PCSX2 builds regardless of the renderer used.

Dunno what you're doing wrong, shit has never worked that well for me, I can even play ZOE2 at 3x without slowdown.

EE hits 100%, while using using ~30% of my CPU.

What game?

Jak and Daxter, DMC, BG:DA

You unlock frame rates with gameshark codes and shit, same shit with PSP games.

Yeah nah you're not playing that, ever

That should work fine though.

Snowblind engine games aren't emulator friendly at all, even on Dolphin it used to not work properly until recently.

Kirby Returns to Dreamland, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super Mario Galay 1 and 2, Sin and Punishment 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy as well as Other M, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, Kirby's Epic Yarn, AC City Folk, Super Paper Mario, etc.

These all run at 60 fps

If you get super mario sunshine to run at 60 fps it fucks stuff up, all the timers run out at twice the speed, it makes it impossible to get blue coins. Sonic Colors works decent at 60 though.

If CEN64 ever comes it, it will work a lot better.

I don't use APUs on desktop, do you?

Which is weird, considering it's essentially just a PC with a Pentium III.

I refute your claims. I have an i5 4440 which is a budget i5 and it can run most ps2 and Wii games at x3 Internal res also my GPU is an R9 270 i suppose that helps a lot.

How cute, he worries about government spying via his CPU when all his data and activities are tracked in real life. I bet you think Linux completely shields you from the outer world.

CEN64 is made by a guy who constantly jumps between different tasks only works in small bursts and has strange priorities, it will be very good when it comes out but the question here is will it come out before something better is done.

x86 isn't easy to emulate unless you lift VM technologies which is complex as fuck, the GPU and most of the chip are blackboxes, it uses a custom API for most of the stuff, despite of that it's not actually that hard to emulate just a very long and tedious process which is why the current XBOX emulator can boot almost every games and run them at terrible speed (interpreter + SW renderer doesn't help)

github.com/espes/xqemu/commits/xbox
As you can see here the guy works in very small bursts and each time thing get way better.

Well two of the games he tried don't run well on anything, DMC though runs well which makes me think he is doing something very wrong.

When are we going to discuss the best emulator ever with the only game you'll ever need?

You are not proving any points retard, just keep talking out of thin air about stuff you clearly know shit about.

Record you starting and playing the games I mentioned here:

All you need is the complete island loop that you watch on the main menu for Jak, and the opening tavern cutscene and a few seconds of you walking around inside the tavern, and the ability to play DMC without crashing on the cutscenes.

Provide video proof or get the fuck out.

Ah shit. Time to upgrade my GPU.
Current one won't do 3x internal on Wii games.

Or:

Gee I wonder which is better.

Because surely the government gives a fuck about someone playing games and fapping to Chinese cartoons. It's always some poorfag with a toaster making this argument, too.

I just played Pikmin, Pikmin 2, and Super Mario Sunshine. All 3 of them render at 30 FPS. Then, because the various analog TV video standards didn't support anything other than 60hz signals (or 50hz in PAL), they display each frame twice.

Some games run at 60 FPS, others at 30, others 20. Some have variable refresh rates. Some run at 60 FPS locked in some sections and 30 locked in others. It's not fucking hard to understand.

He's pissed that even though he can emulate at super duper HD resolutions with full antialiasing and anisotropic filtering, the games he's playing are still locked to very low framerates due to the choices of the game developers, and the only way around it is with hacks that tend to break things.

This is not fucking hard to understand.

I've got a modded xbox 360 for 150 bucks and it can run retroarch, mupen64 and nulldc. I don't know mayne…

You know well these games don't run anywhere why do you suggest the most glitchy games around?, i gave you that answer because you clearly said that you can't run anything

Use an official release, the builds lack a pre compile profile optimization which helps a lot in CPU heavy tasks, nigger

You sure about that, I run about the same in stable 1.4.0 and latest git, (in games that haven't been fixed since that is)

I'm gonna humor you, but what do you mean by "play DMC without crashing on the cutscenes" you mean like the in-engine ones or something else?

profile guided optimization makes little to no difference in machines that can brute force it's way, it would only help in cases where you are already hiting the limit of what your CPU can do

Oh yeah you're right I get a 10-15% boost in Ace Combat 4 using software mode, I should probably learn how to PGO myself one day that could be useful.

You can have variable FPS but not variable refresh rates without something like FreeSync.

Think he meant that some games have variable framerate (most likely 30 ingame 60 in menus), the refresh rate is always 50 or 60.

In that case, any game where framerate can vary without affecting game speed is variable framerate.
I actually don't know how that works, probably has to with how timers are programmed.

Generally they have hard limits for specific sections but a few games like R&C do switch framerate ingame on the fly, also pretty much all ports of DOOM and doom engine games to console have fully variable framerate from 10 to 60 but that's more of an oddity than a norm.

I used the wrong word there but you got what I meant.

How to do NTSC/PAL (60hz/50hz) compatibility:
You program the game with speeds in units per second.
Then (either at runtime or compile time), you divide these speeds by the number of frames per second (or rather, multiply by the reciprocal).
This gives you close to the same results on both tickrates, barring floating point precision error and general physics wonkiness.

Super Mario Sunshine and a number of other Nintendo games did exactly this, the games query the refresh rate at runtime, divide it by two, and multiply that by all of the per-second speeds to get the values to move by per frame. The way the 60hz (and higher!) hacks for these games works is to alter the refresh rate constant then cajole the emulator into emulating the games fast enough and displaying the desired number of frames per second.

How variable framerate games worked:
Normally you divide speeds by 60, or multiply by 1/60. But if a frame took more than one frame to simulate and render (thus dropping a frame), for the next one, you instead multiply by 2/60. So you get a microstutter (and potentially glitches if enough frames were dropped), but none of the slowdown that would occur if you kept stepping by 1/60.

Two more approaches:
Quake etc. is just the first approach, but the user specifies the tickrate.

Modern multiplayer-oriented PC engines (possibly since Quake World? I don't remember) go a step further and stop tying physics to rendering rate. Instead there is a fixed tickrate for all players (reducing desync errors), and you interpolate between ticks to get physics states for rendering. This is very obvious if you ever replay a Source engine demo at low enough speeds, you can see the players snap from point to point.

Do you know much about Source engine demos? It's an oddly specific request but their demo system gets me harder than diamonds and I want to know as much about it as possible without slogging through their dev wiki to try and dig up information

I have no particular knowledge of the Source engine demo system, just of how they work in general. Sorry.

So here, BG:DA runs bad because all snowblind engine games do (even on dolphin you need a desktop i5 and a decent GPU if you want to play fullspeed).

Jak runs like shit on anything past native and has bug out the ass.
my.mixtape.moe/iylwkb.mkv

DMC runs way above 100fps even on 4x native and only has a minor HUD problem that fixes itself randomly and doesn't seem to crash on cutscenes or FMVs
my.mixtape.moe/kmisjq.mkv

And as a bonus ZOE2 which just werks
my.mixtape.moe/vknslh.mkv

newest buid of pcsx2 can run snowblind games

use iishiruka, a modded dolphin build for toaster pc

At sub 60 fps on an Haswell i7 / GTX770 regardless of renderer, funny thing is that the jiggle physics on the elf makes the framerate shit itself harder

I was just saying that even on dolphin this particular game has unusually high requirements, and yeah I know about that modded build.

And who exactly said that Pikmin, Pikmin 2, or Super Mario Sunshine run at 60FPS?

i have just an GTX650 at 3GZ i5 and still run it at 60fps

Doesn't for me.

Na, unless you're doing shit like 1:1 frameskipping, there's no fucking way you're running at 60 with that shitheap pc.

the reason pcsx2 has progressed at all in the past two years is because some of the dolphin programmers had nothing to do because their code base is so tidy and there's so few things even left to improve, and decided to come over and fix its problems in their free time and brought the spaghetti bs it used to be up to an actually workable standard

yes….. and gsdx is the plugin that emulates the gpu and produces visuals, as in, the most important part of actually playing a game.

is this what pcsx2fags actually believe?

t. dolphinfags

The dolphin devs came one or two times to point and laugh at the PCSX2 devs can't really blame them though since pretty much everybody did the same and then left without doing shit outside of pushing avih to make the stable releases setups malware free, they didn't do shit outside of that, most of the progress comes from PCSX2 team member (and it's not like you can't check the commit log to see that).

That also means you only have one thing left to fix for 99% of the library to be playable in decent conditions and making a decent dynarec (which is what Play! would need to even pretend being as good as PCSX2) for the PS2 is not in the same league as rewriting GSdx.

github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commits?author=Sonicadvance1
github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commits?author=lioncash
github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commits?author=AdmiralCurtiss
github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commits?author=unknownbrackets (this guy's floaty but he does big commits on a lot of emulators and was working on dolphin mainly at the time)

it's more like, they gave it a month to try and help and kinda lost interest. if they really didnt do shit they wouldnt have been listed high enough in commits for me to easily grab these big names.

but sure, you can believe whatever you want user.

>github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commits?author=Sonicadvance1
>beginning of an x64 port that will never be used because no gains
So yeah you were right on that point but

>github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commits?author=lioncash
Don't wanna shit on lioncash because I know him and he's pretty cool but that's mostly things that are either peripheral to PCSX2 working properly or deprecated plugins, although there's a few GSdx related commits and a few core emulation related cleanups so yeah he did fix some shit but hardly anything major and nothing close to fixing the problems PCSX2 has

>github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commits?author=AdmiralCurtiss

>github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commits?author=unknownbrackets

Would somebody post webms of psx games running on Mednafen's new Internal Resolution hack?

First I've heard of this, was about to replay the Spyro games too.

If you mean the GL renderer half the shit is broken and things that aren't aren't that interesting to webm.

If you mean the original one then you won't see much either since it's not possible to run it at acceptable speed if you go past 2x.

I mean mednafen's method that was added recently into it's retroarch core. Thanks for the concern.

What games do you want to see?

Well fuck.

Well I made a quick demo of the two.

The GL renderer kinda got better since it's release a week ago but yeah it's still has bottlenecks and problems everywhere (which is why the framerate shits itself when you spin.

Don't mind my trying to slide jump like a retard I was trying to NSJ but I can't seem to be able to do it anymore

My question is

AMD or NVidia for GPU?

Do you care about N64/PS2/WiiU/PS3/x360 emulation?

If yes then Nvidia unless you really want to use Win10

If not it's almost entirely irrelevant

As to why it's like that, the answer is simple AMD can't into OGL support.

Ah the OGL thing is a fair point

Is AMD more viable on Win10, or something?

the only emulator for original xbox games is really shitty

noice.

I'm grateful as fuck they're still working on it, but for me, 2xIR + software is basically perfect.

Ideally you wait until Vega is released and see how that shakes out (and how Nvidia responds with the 10 series pricing), or you just go Nvidia right now if you absolutely can't wait.

I plan on waiting anyway, but I would like to know more about this, since I would love to emulate some stuff I missed

Wait for Vega seems a bit long though

AMD utterly shits on Nvidia with DX12, will probably do the same on Vulkan but that's not for a couple years in most emulators.

There's a very small chance AMD might get their shit together with OGL support but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Anyway I'd suggest you wait, Polaris and the upcoming GTX1060 are gonna be just the right thing to never have GPU bottlenecks with current emulation.

They want all the feature that currently could be implemented for PSX emulation so brace yourself for perspective correction and faked Z-buffer at some point.

Are the 10X0 NVidia cards at least doing a better job with DX12?

It is, but hey, at least in the meantime the gen1 bugs will be getting ironed out of the 10 series.

I never minded having to fuck around with plugins with epsxe or pcsx-r, but the shitty accuracy was what had me abandon them for retroarch's mednafen fork. I'd hate to see accuracy suffer in the process of adding these new features, but if anyone can pull this off I suppose they can.

A GTX 1080 is marginally faster than a Fury X on Ashes of the Singularity and almost twice as fast as a GTX 980 so it's not quite there yet but there's some progress.

Will you let me fucking post already

Ah well that sounds like NVidia at least sort of got its act together with these new cards when it comes to DX12. 1060 might be something to keep an eye out for.

The software renderer isn't going anywhere and no change should affect it's accuracy, the GL renderer will probably not be as accurate but that's not it's job it's here for improvements over the original hardware pretty much exclusively, and obviously the rest of the system is still original mednafen code so it's gonna stay as accurate.

But at the very least Simias intends for his GL renderer to be done as cleanly as possible so it won't be quite as bad as the series of forks of a 10+ year old plugin you still have to deal with everywhere else.

Yeah and that's about it from what I've heard. If you're using anything older, the cards really don't have that much of an improvement which sucks for users like me who don't want to go to windows 10.

Well that's still true. Mario Kart Double Dash, Metroid Prime, F-Zero, Smash Bros. Melee, all the GC Mario Party's, Kirby's Air Ride, Starfox Adventures, Eternal Darkness (IIRC), etc.

100%-accurate LLE is (aside from homebrewers/fanlators) for fags. Just like PC games, emulated games should be played in as good a form as they can, HLE 4 life.

Well, the end results in this case look kind of shitty, but the method an interesting idea. This would be neat way to get cheap HD remakes of games.

you say that now, but what about when some kid is playing your favourite game 4 years from now on a HLE and the sound is completely wrong, the colours don't match, there's some wishy washy shader garbage all over the screen and it's projected into holovision or whatever. you will be fucking mad.

I mean 40

What's the best way to go about Dreamcast emulation? I tried to use the reicast core for RetroArch, but it always crashes, even when I tried different versions of the BIOS.

Is this a new type of zsnes-posting?

Anyone know a good adapter and controller for Dolphin?

I hear that the official Nintendo GCN controllers ones aren't nearly as good as their older ones. Is that true?

DS4 for everything :^)

Sure, go with this, so that Pewdiepie can enjoy playing your old favorites and the new kids on the block can too!

"Kill meeee"

the official adapter works perfectly in dolphin, older adapters like mayflash are known to have wonky analog and often dont support the pressure sensitive triggers which, admittedly arent a big deal but it makes mario sunshine annoying as piss to play.

if you want to play wii games a third party makes an ir sensor called the dolphinbar which you can use with a normal wiimote and a bluetooth adapter

The white reprinted GC controllers that were made when the Wii came out are fine. No idea about the new ones they made when they were shilling for Tr4sh though.

Demul

How the fuck are you supposed to setup the BIOS for that shit?

I find absurd that people cares about accuracy in emulators where there is almost no real difference in compatibility aside from 5-10 obscure games that probably suck. Like in 16 bit console emulators and below and maybe psx. They wouldn't be able to tell the difference 99% of the time. I am not saying that people shouldn't care, but shouldn't be picky about the situation when you are an end user and devolve into fanboyism over emulator superiority

Emulators are for poorfags. Why haven't you stepped up to the flash cart / modchip master race?

well you actualy have to download the games first ya dummy

Serious question:
Do you shun texturepacks in Doom? Do you play it at 320×200 low res? Do you shun source ports to emulate it in DOSBox? With a CPU limiter to simulate the FPS drops produced by the underspecced hardware most people played it on? If so, you may be suffering from severe consolitis.

There is no reason other than masochism to put up with stuttery blocky garbage necessitated by hardware, instead of the developer's true vision, and I almost never see this attitude outside the console retrofag community.

I like SuperJoyBox for a GCN -> PC adapter but there's no rumble support due to the drivers not existing for Win 7+.

Ah yes, the ambiguous and what-if scenario of the "true vision" not the amazing vision cobbled together through anticipating and working with hardware limitations to create equally stunning results that actually happened. Go fuck your subjectivity. Half your questions are loaded to the brim with stupidity. In an emulation thread, you ask if we'd be against emulation.

It's about getting as close to the original experience as possible without sacrificing as much of the original content that is there.

lookin good

He's actually making a half decent argument, but the specific example he posted with that butchered SMB was just disgusting.

I think we can all agree that tastefully enhanced emulation can be better than 1:1 reproductions. Throwing on a nice CRT shader like Lanczos or Easymode with some brightness/gamma boosting, and bumping up the internal resolution to x2 provides an incredible experience with PS1 games that I would argue is superior to original hardware.

Nobody's made any good sprite sheets, but there's no reason something like HDNES couldn't be good if somebody drew one. There are already hacks to substitute awesome full-PCM remixes for the BGM (and theoretically SFX) of 8/16-bit games, even on the original hardware with flashcarts.

This negro knows whats good.

Best 32X emulator still. Genesis Plus GX is best megadrive emulator, but only available on Retroarch on PC and Android, and other systems.

You know these games you picture run at 30 fps on the wii and dolphin, unless your pc is too slow.

Their is a 60 fps cheat for sonic color and dolphin can run as a overclock wii.

Their is no list, but most of sega, capcom, namco. nintendo, askys, xsseed, and ea run games run at 30-60 fps.

Only thing either of those lack that would be really nice to have is 68k OC, having to use MAME just for that is pretty painful.

Yeah, and the only other emulator that does is regen

Blastem and HazeMD too but one is alpha (for now and the other is just an outdated standalone version of the Genesis emulation in MAME.

How do I get this shit working with my Steam Controller? I've been trying to follow a guide, but I'm pretty sure I'm just fucking retarded.

Hopefully the genesis plus gx in retroarch would add it one day

did you switch to directx rendering?

More right than you know :^)

forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-setting-up-the-steam-controller-and-what-you-need-to-know

Have tried literally every renderer, and it looks like the only solution for Jak or BG:DA is to use the OGL software renderer and get a fucking 4790K.

Jak has no solution, it won't run properly on anything, unless you somehow went totally insane and bought the new 10 core intel just to play with software rendering and 8 extra rendering threads and even then I'm not even sure you'd get fullspeed.

At least you can play the superior port in Dolphin anyways, sucks for champions of norrath though since it's the same engine and the same problems.

Since this is an emulation thread, can someone share their PS2 BIOS with me? Thanks a bunch!

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files

Thanks a lot, friend.

I never thought to try the GC version. Downloading it now, thanks user.

What the fuck happened to the rest of the thread? Did Ron fuck something up and roll back the entire board?

What emulator feature do you think should be common, but isn't?

Hotkey remapping

Just tested BG:DA with Dolphin, and I can run it at 123% speed (74FPS) in the starting tavern with 3x internal res where I couldn't even break 45fps at native res with PCSX2.

Dolphin wins again.

Wew, it's showing up now. That was fucked up, in every thread I could only see shit from yesterday.

THE FUCK IS THIS

MUH HD™

fixed :^)

Sheesh, it's just supposed to be proof-of-concept, here's a video using a somewhat less fugly spritesheet. Read more about the idea here:
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Texture_Packs#Sprite_Replacement_(2D)

A full HIG-compliant WIMP GUI interface for every single feature. Retroarch, I'm lookin' at you

Also, here's an example of a mod chip supported by certain SNES emulators (and even flashcarts on actual consoles!) to replace music/sound effects with external PCM audio files and trigger FMVs, with modified ROMs.

Being this retarded is for fags. Emulated games should be played in a non-historically accurate form as they can, HLE 4 life.

Is this bait or are you just ignorant? What the fuck are you laughing about? Your own ignorance?. Look up a list of all the great exclusives that the og xbox had, go on.

Also the GC was the biggest failure of that gen by a long shot. Evem the DC had better exclusives, Nintendo fanboys are always delusional though.

It's true the XBox has a few good exclusives/best ports of non-PC multiplats, and that the GCN had the worst lineup of the 6th gen… BUT the GCN library's main attractions were Nintendo's 1st/2nd-party games, which of course never get ported to PCs or other non-Nintendo platforms. On the other hand, the cream of the XBox's library (and the DC's, to a slightly lesser extent) almost all got ported to PC.

SonyGAF is really reaching now.

Why did I never look for any of this?

bump

need more psp recommandations.

Oh wow it's still shit.

Looking to try metroid prime trilogy on the wii using m&kb.

I understand that some difficulty settings locked at the beginning (I hate this), are they well implemented or just have bullet sponge enemies? If there is actually a balanced challenge I might get a save file online somewhere that lets me play straight away.

Are there any better ps2 emus than the PCSX2?

No, sadly.

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation_Portable

Play! is pretty far behind PCXS2 right now, but it's still being actively developed, and has a much cleaner architecture, so it may eventually eclipse it.

MUH HD™>>9554483
Honestly you're better off putting your hopes in hps2x64, it's only four year old and already is closer to being usable than play!.

I know right? Like, it even has the same problems as emulation does in that it won't run every single game in the library, you have to choose from ones that work.

Buying a real PS2 and softmodding it to play backups doesn't take more than $30 - $40

Okay this fucking video is awful.

I'd be the first to advocate for HD visuals as some games like the Zelda franchise and Yakuza greatly benefit from it, but never mess with the color palette and assets, the reason some video games are timeless and emulate well when you upscale them like wind waker is because the palette was a conscious decision that was made to get the most out of the visuals.

What is in that video was an abomination that completely missed the point and made it look like a newgrounds flash game.

i think the objective of the video is rather to show off the technical aspect (replacing the pixels with textures probably) rather than a real visual overhaul of the game

I suppose that's fine, but when you want to show off something, you should wait till you can show how appealing it could be rather than how much it could butcher an art style.

There's nothing wrong with asset upgrade mods, PC gamers do them all the time. The adherence to the original style varies, true, but the same is so for official remakes/ports, too. Asset replacement is absolutely necessary, rather than just helpful for 2D games as opposed to 3D, anyway.

If I were a programmer who couldn't draw, I'd probably just pick something easier to get right, like Arkanoid, Bust'a'Move, or Doctor Mario.

I used to think that abortion was morally reprehensible, but then I read this post.

So I'm using Nintendon't (Gamecube emulator for wii with support for wii controllers and shit) and I don't know what games to put on my usb, any reccomendations?

Custom Robo
Kirby's Air Ride
Cubivore
Gotcha Force
Metroid Prime 1 and 2
Mario Kart
Pikmin 1 and 2
Paper Mario
Viewtiful Joes

I suppose I could ask here since nowhere else has the answer. So I've been playing killer 7 on dolphin and it's been playing really well so far, until I get to the very end of ANGEL where I have to shoot kun lan's hand to end the level. The problem is no matter how much I shoot it, the level doesn't end, what could I do to fix it? I've tried almost everything.

Weird, I didn't get that.
Use OpenGL if you haven't already.

I lost it

Are you sure you're using the latest version? Keep in mind that the old site that hosted dolphin ages ago, dolphin-emulator.com, hasn't been updated in years and has pretty much zero relation to the current project. You want to be downloading from dolphin-emu.org.

This seemed to fix it. Didn't know I was using the old site. Thanks kind anons.

That looks really fucking terrible too because it totally clashes with the art style. It's like those "ULTRA MEGA HD" texture packs for minecraft.

low poly + low res textures = good

high poly + high res textures = good

low poly + high res textures = ugly

high poly + low res textures = ugly

Low poly and high res looks good though, just not in minecraft because it uses fucking voxels.

Has anyone tried dolphin netplay with Starfox Assault?

Can you give me any specific examples with console games? The only thing I can think of is like Thief Gold or other late 90s PC games with HD texture packs.

Anyone?

For 1 and 2, I believe difficulty just changes how much damage you receive from enemies. For 3, I think the hardest difficulty additionally causes enemies to go into phazon mode more often, which makes them much tougher, but weak to your own phazon mode.

Should I go with a gb/gbc specific emulator or mgba for gameboy and gameboy color emulation?

Mgba only does GBA and the best gameboy and gameboy color emulator is Gambatte.

Now I recommend retroarch for most emulators and it has mgba and gambatte cores available.

If you need help using retroarch, just use these two wikis

wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

and

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

The wiki page said gb and gbc support was recently added to mgba, though.

GB/GBC support in mGBA is not finished yet (as in shit is very likely to break) go with Gambatte (or it's libretro fork) if you ant to emulate GB/GBC

This nigga gets it

As much as I would love to play through my backlog of older shit on their original platforms I'm not paying hundreds of £s for it

Only spend money on systems with no decent emulators like the dreamcast, xbox, and the ps2 for the glory of ace combat

Speaking of RetroArch, has anyone heard anything about getting Linux X-less KMS/DRM to work on an AMD GPU? I am drawn to tales of perfect lag-free emulation.

Running an R7 260X under Linux Mint 17.2, I can get to the menus, use my controller to navigate in RetroArch, and load cores, but it segfaults as soon as I try to run a game. From what I read around the web last time I looked into the matter, it seemed like nVidia dGPUs and Intel integrated work, but AMD users are screwed.

I remember one of the devs on that is a fucking dramaqueen who causes shit everywhere they go.

Mostly happens because he doesn't really gives a fuck about the ego of other devs and has a pretty intense hatred of closed source and paid for emulators.

From what little I understand, my issue isn't actually RetroArch's fault, but because neither the open source nor proprietary Linux AMD GPU drivers are properly supported for KMS/DRM by the kernel.

That said, whoever's idea it was to make a frontend-less API for emulators WITHOUT A SINGLE WELL-MAINTAINED WIMP GUI FRONTEND is a psychopath.

WIMP is shit user

VCR from the 80's didn't have menus, never took me very long to figure out how to do what I wanted to do either so I guess you're just shit at computer user.

I'm sorry launching a singular executable then using your gamepad (which you're gonna need for playing whatever you're gonna emulate) to do a generally simple series of manipulation that wouldn't be made easier or faster by using a M/KB is hard for you.

Yes having bloated shit everywhere and platform specific dependencies everywhere is so much better.

As per usual WIMP kiddies quick to defend their shitty looking GUIs and last to actually do anything about the lack of them, but don't despair it just took 2 years for one of you to make a mock-up in VB maybe we'll have the preliminary implementation by 2018

Anyone have any suggestions for where to get a ps2 emulator?

just because something is on PC, doesn't mean it's the best version. Just like today, 15, 20 years ago, PC had awful ports. Turok was a shit port, Halo 2 was a shit port, batman arkham knight and the witcher 3 were shit ports. Many PC ports during the 6th gen were using PS2 assets, while the xbox had unique assets.

That said, the GC has about 25-30 games that are worth a damn, the Xbox has about 60.

backup loading on original hardware is always better than emulation.

Except on PS2 where OPL can affect the ingame perfomance by quite a lot.

I've had no problems with OPL, but I'm aware of some shortcomings. Backup loading also includes using burned discs, which if your game has compatibility issues, you can just burn the DVD. Still better than emulation. HDD loading is also about 3 times faster than DVD loading.

I know I have two PS2 which both have a FMCB memcard, both a slim for burnt DVDs/SMB and a FAT for HDD loading, never actually use them unless the game has very visible issues in PCSX2 so basically just Snowlblind engine stuff, RRV, R&C and Jak

Nigga this shit is simple math

a pc isn't free, and pc can't emulate 360.

Poorfag/underageb& detected.

Oh yeah, I forgot another problem with its interface, it's COMPLETELY MODAL, meaning you can't fuss with settings while monitoring results. Not to mention if it's something the goofy menus can't do and you're kicked out to the config files/CLI, you need to RESTART THE WHOLE PROGRAM.

Anyway, most consumer hardware didn't have as many options as the dozen-layers-deep RetroArch menus, nor were they pressed into service for digging through hundreds or THOUSANDS of items.

Wow, yeah, all the times I had to do that, especially the times official web documentation EXPLICITLY INSTRUCTED ME to do that, must've been in my imagination.

Linking to standard libraries that are already installed by default on every major distro, for an optional frontend, for an optional piece of software whose function is to provide frontends, is hardly bloated

If you enjoy pounding nails into your dick so much, why aren't you just using the emulators bare from the CLI?

pcsx2.net/

The issue with those ports (Arkham Knight possibly excepted due to ridiculous initial performance issues) was that they were bad compared to real PC games, not that they were actually any worse than the original console versions. Also, PC games are far easier to improve than console games.

The poster child for both issues would be Dark Souls, which worked almost identically (too identically!) to the console version, but was improved within days by modders to an exemplary PC game.

What are you posting this on?

Jesus, the emulator sounds like it is about to keel over.

Is it possible to play ppsspp online with certain games? I really wanna wreck shit with Zidane in Dissidia Final Fantasy.

and bad ports that didn't get community attention? Simpsons hit & run? Halo 2? Yeah, sorry, they aren't going to play well regardless of how good your PC is.

a PC I built myself, and paid for the parts with my own money. Now, some emulators happen to run well on specific hardware, hardware I may not have. If I have a modded PS3 or 360, the same type of emulator may run certain things better, who knows? This goes back to my previous point: Just because something is on the PC, doesn't mean it's the best version. Shit happens, ports suck, hardware issues, whatever.

Runs fine on my PC.

Very true. It's amazing but you actually need a pretty beefy PC to emulate consoles well. Can't do it on my i5 laptop with nvidia850m. Motherfucking Xenosaga.

Unless you're already a PC gamer it's likely you won't have the hardware for it.

I'm not sure where you're getting this from, most settings take effect immediately, some do require restarting the current core, and a handful require restarting the whole thing and those are rarely things you'll ever touch again so I don't really see what's the big deal here.

The handful of things that need those manipulation are things you shouldn't touch during normal usage.

And yet again I never had to do any of those things while using it, so whatever you were trying to do doesn't fit in the normal usage category aka no reason it should be made simple.

If the goal was to support main x86 platform I'd agree, it's not RA's goal so I don't.

WIMP isn't the be-all end all of GUIs just because you're too bad to use RA's GUI properly doesn't mean everyone is, and in fact most people aren't since two of the menu drivers are copy paste from devices millions of people use without any difficulty.

oh, you have an emachines from 2002?

The number of ports that are flat-out worse than their console counterparts (buggy, unplayably slow, etc…) and stay that way more than a couple months is tiny. I'd say that's a much better situation than the mountains of flaky or stunted console games that will almost certainly never, ever be fixed. And Halo 2 will run on a potato, the issues people had with it were its supposed reliance on M$ bloat like Vista and GFWL.

If you don't have PCI slots, you're gonna have a bad time.

Yeah I mostly play older PC games and Japanese ports. Things that can run on a toaster so its not such a big deal.

You are behind the times. Linux 4.6 has Libre AMDGPU DRM patches. They should make the 4.7 stable target.

Make it yourself. Maybe people such as yourself could benefit from your creation. Meanwhile, everyone will do everything else.

No. I'm running Win 7 with an AMD FX 8350 (or whatever the number is, I'm too lazy to check), a GTX 970 and 8 GB of RAM.

Hm, it looks like Mint 18, supposedly shipping sometime this month, will have a kernel just barely new enough.

I'm just saying it's a very counterintuitive decision not to include something like that, even Kodi's default interface isn't quite as backward. Anyway, if I were going to write a universal frontend for emulators, I'd do it for something with a real API that could be used with mainline emulators through hooks, rather than a perverse agglomeration of repo trees full of single-purpose forks that requires full source access for anything.

The game has been fixed on modern systems for quite a while, thanks primarily to a fanatical cult of community modders:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Simpsons:_Hit_&_Run

How could AMDGPU be supported in Linux-libre if it requires proprietary firmware?