AHAHAHA NICE SPOOKS NERDS

AHAHAHA NICE SPOOKS NERDS
but seriously, recommend me reading. I'm bored af. Gibbe the most anticiv insanity you know of, fuccin succbois.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IEEHZdxkOfo
librivox.org/search
soundcloud.com/user-520921847
bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/598SVYJ2smP8qJlpH29y7Vj/podcasts
youtube.com/watch?v=HvsoVgc5rGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pBMTccP1hY4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

anticiv?

A N T I C I V I L I Z A T I O N
youtu.be/IEEHZdxkOfo

nobody here is anticiv (I dont think there are any legit anprims here), try Holla Forums.

I'm obviously joking. In all seriousness, give me some ppl to read.

I recently read 1984, pretty good stuff. I didn't like the last third though, it lacked many of the interesting looks into the society of oceania and was mostly torture.

I'm glad that the story had a happy ending, the epilogue is about the workings of newspeak, clearly written in a time after oceanias collapse.

1984 is bredy gud. Anything more obscure, though? I'm specifically looking for theory.

Do you like audiobooks? Librivox is a group of amateurs recording audiobooks of various books in the public domain. The site is flooded with low quality woo but you can also find readings of a bunch of better known philosophical texts there, including /leftypols/ fav, the ego and his own.

librivox.org/search

Have you read Capital, Conquest of Bread, Fields, Factories and Workshops, Mutual Aid: A Factor of Evolution or The Economic Theory of the Leisure Class (by Bukharin)?

Speaking of listening to stuff, if you like lectures, check out Humane Arts, the best series there is the one about the myths of the american mind. Especially interesting for us gommies should be the one on money, it was pretty enlightening, all the other ones are also good though.

soundcloud.com/user-520921847

Librivox is pretty good, thank you. I'll see iif they have anything interesting.

They probably have more than you could ever listen to, the problem with them is that there is 0 quality control so it's better to go in knowing what you want, maybe with an authors name for example, instead of just browsing blindly and getting garbage.

I'll check out Fields, but the rest I've read [and enjoyed. You have gud taste, user-kun]

Wes Cecil is based, thankya.

Yeah, that's true. Sucks, tbh. Could be so much better than it is.

If you want more podcasts, check out In our Time, they get a bunch of philosophers to talk about certain subjects or people, can be pretty interesting. Stick to the philosophy section, you probably know everything in the science one already and the others aren't that interesting most of the time: bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/598SVYJ2smP8qJlpH29y7Vj/podcasts

Cecil even made a lecture about Stirner, it's on his youtube channel: youtube.com/watch?v=HvsoVgc5rGs

The Stirner lecture was an absolutely fantastic intro. Definitely one of my favorites of his

youtube.com/watch?v=pBMTccP1hY4

Stirner is pretty interesting though, I don't subscribe to his ideology but his thoughts on social constructs have changed my view on many things. There are so many abstractions we use that don't really mean anything when you get down to it.

Definitely agreed, user. Stirner has some major problems, imo. I'd say a lot of his followers are a bit worse, tho.

I'm usually sceptical of anyone that is too big a fan of any philosopher. They all have problems somewhere, it's better to form your own worldview by taking inspiration from them, taking their ideas and reworking them yourself instead of just becoming a walking tape recorder citing from the ego and his own or any book for that matter. To me these people seem kind of empty, they think they are philosophers but they have probably only ever read books from one direction of thinking, if at all.
I recently took a look at the basis of lolbertarianism, Nozicks Anarchy, State and Utopia. It seems convincing at first but it's all based on Kants categorical imperative. I'm pretty sure the people repeating Nozicks views nowadays have no sympathy for Kant, they are probably Utilitarians or some other edgy shit.
All I'm saying is that everything deserves investigation.

or, in other words…

If you haven't read it already, I'd also recommend Debt: The First 5000 Years by David Graeber. It's very enlightening stuff, confronting ideology with anthropology and talking about the nature of reciprocity, debt and obligation in pre-market societies as well as the nature of both hard cash and credit from a historical perspective.

Read Graeber's shtuff already - pretty good. Had some issues with some parts, but definitely an astounding work of modern-left theory.

Can anyone here understand Hegel? I tried his stuff and can't shake the feeling that most of what he wrote is entirely meaningless. It doesn't help that people from all ideologies have used Hegel as their basis, it's almost as if people are just interpreting him to say what they want to hear.

There's some stuff I can link you, but it's honestly hard to relate just because I got it relatively quickly.

I read the german originals, or at least I tries reading the same 5 pages for over 3 hours, could not distil a millilitre of meaning out of them and gave up.

Are the english translations easier? To translate Hegel, one would first need to comprehend him and if the translator actually understood what the fuck he was talking about, he could have made it easier to understand in the translation.

In any case, I probably wouldn't try him again even if I found the Hegel for dummies edition. No need to listen to an ancient defence of Catholicism, religion belongs in the trash.

IMO, they are definitely easier. Also Hegel wasn't a C A T H O L O G A R L I C. I'd seriously recommend him even if he was, though. Once you get past his appearance of obtuseness, you get some really interesting shit.

Anti-civ? Read Baedan on the anarchist library. Read Jensen's Endgame.

Ted K