Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors

Remember all those characters made so shallowly "diverse" just so it's easy to make Buzzfeed headlines about them? The ones from books that were so badly written that sold so few books to the point where Marvel had to extort retailers to order them?

Someone did and thought this was a good enough idea.

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/DC-First-Superman-Lobo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh look, quarantine.

Stupid fads tend to die down after they make a movie about it. Hopefully that'll be the case with this one.

Did they made squirrel girl even fatter?

Reminds me of those shitty one-shot "for girls" animated movies back in the early 2000s.

It even has the same kind of shitty theme music with very cringy lyrics.

Cap's hair is back, though. And Squirrel girl doesn't look deformed. Tis but a cover, mind you.
And wasn't Gwenpool actually okay? (though more by accident than design).

That's Spider-Gwen not Gwenpool.

The only thing that would make this better is if the villain is Trump Modok. Though Hellcat is missing.

This feels like a swan song. From the editorial changes, it looks like Marvel wants to move on from the #HASHTAG heroes, but instead of throwing away the audience they garnered (and incurring their wraith), they give them an animated movie so they feel like they've accomplished something.

That's actually pretty smart. Marvel's attempting to keep the audience they've created through these books instead of just throwing them in the dumpster.

There must be someone on Marvel's staff that remembers the disaster DC caused in the 2000s when they punted the nineties fanbase for old fat neckbeards.

It's not a movie, it's a short series of five minute episodes. That's all they're worth.

Didn't this already happened with that "Champions" Comic?
They even brought Gwenpool as a guest character and she ended up so bored out of her skull about the non-issue she just walked out of the comic.
She was supposed to be in the wrong for not giving a fuck for the "muh racism" plot and wanting to fight a supervillain.
Storytime, I warn you. it's cancer

There's a difference?

Still, that's what most of them were asking for when they forced their way into this hobby: empty media recognition.

Remember when comics were fun and had fun with themselves and their readers instead of constant finger wagging and agenda pushing?

right, forgot link to comic itself if anybody wants to read too
readcomiconline.to/Comic/DC-First-Superman-Lobo

What, all 200 rabid fans from tumblr?

And this isn't an animated movie. It's an animated series full of shorts which they want to be like DC Super Girls or whatever it's called.

I want to be optimistic like you guys are, but somehow I don't think
is the equivalent of them saying
"Okay we're done with these characters."

Why does Squirrel Girl look like a little kid?

More like the 20 or so people who gets underpaid to write online about hashtag characters.

It's through those "outrage writers" that Marvel crafted such a very dedicated and loyal fanbase of Tumblrites that don't even buy the comics they write about.

What's the point of diversity characters if the entire point of making them is just to have diversity characters?

I doubt that's the case too. Squirrel Girl still has a show coming out, Carol still has a movie, and Disney is refusing to let Agents of SHIELD die so Quake will be around for years. So none of those characters are going to stop getting pushes for a long time. Now, I know those aren't the most objectionable characters there (though their current incarnations might be). Spider-Gwen, Ms Marvel, and America won't be tossed aside anytime soon either. They do well with the tumblr blogs/buzzfeed types places and, sales be damned, Marvel isn't going to let those characters die anytime soon. Especially as long as Sana Amanat is there.

The only characters that are likely to be thrown aside are the ones who are just there to check some boxes, namely the male characters.
Just there so they have a spic, because no matter what they say America isn't a latina since she's from some magical no whitey/men/hetero dimension. He'll be dead as soon as Marvel/Disney gets those X-Men movie rights back.
Just there to so they have a nig. No one cares about him and no one will miss his shitty costume.
I'm not even sure who the fuck this is, but I think he's being voiced by some feather Indian so in all likelihood he's Indian and no one cares about them either.

These are groups that mostly hate the US. There's no way they aren't doing this kind of shit as a middle finger.

Marvel's going to keep those characters around because it'd be bad business to just purge them, but that doesn't stop them from playing musical chairs with the talent behind them. That way they can change the books and the characters without earning the ire of those who were already "fans". You know, the fucking comics bloggers.

lel

Why doesn't marvel just make a "new" universe with all of their test characters to see which ones people like and a "classic" universe with all of the characters people already like? It's baffling to me that they would just push these nobodies without testing the water first

Because people will buy anything they recognize.

Oh, hey Lara Croft. Actual Lara Croft, not that pathetic snivelling wimp with the same name.

They kinda did that with the Ultimate universe which was an alternate take on the main heroes. It would be cool but they're run by retards now despite CB Cebulski becoming EIC.

How come I haven't seen this short until now?

There's also that fangame being developed in Unreal Engine 4. Looks OK so far, but needs work and lots of polish on its mechanics. Last I heard it was OKayed by Square Enix or Eidos or whoever is holding the Tomb Raider license at this point, so we shouldn't see an insta takedown like with AM2R.

You're telling me you look at this body and don't immediately think "Tomb Raider"?