Lore inconsistencies Thread

Holla Forums can someone explain to me why flatulence still exist among the monsters when they don't have to defecate?

Oh boy

What of it?

autists here dislike it despite not having played it.
Mettaton a best

I don't need to eat shit to know it's shit

You guys are just entitled autists. We make the lore, not y-

Oh, this is an Undertale thread. Carry on. But I'll be watching.

Really? Source?

One of the monsters in Grillby's says that monsters absorb 100% of monster food. Human food is different.

>muffet has no relevance whatsoever to the rest of the game there again what does? toby wrote it as he went save for the beginning and end, it's why flowey and toriel pretty much cease to exist outside of the ruins and final bosses

Please, stop.
We've all been through this enough, haven't we?

we need more autism

we can't rest until the big two of autism come in screaming "FUCKFKUF OFGFH TUMBLRJBAALAE" and "i got ripped off so fukkin bad i want tumblrmemetale to leave here's the same three or four sets of images i post in every undertale thread even though half of them have nothing to do with the game"

Muffet was a backer reward character, the same way that So Sorry was. The only difference is that one of them tried to integrate a new character into the game's setting, the other argued with developer, forced his shitty fursona into it, and got a refund when people (rightfully) harassed him. At the very least, it had a continuity nod back to the ruins via the spider bake sale.

All bosses pretty much cease to exist once you've passed them.
Although in certain runs, you can see Flowey following behind you out of the corner of your vision.

yeah muffet more comes down to the game being a hastily-written pile than it does any fault of the backer or trying to force the character in, from what i've heard of so sorry (or his owner samael rather) there's a very good reason he's tucked away in a nigh-invisible corner and named as he is

For what it is, its a good game. I liked the demo from 3-4 years ago, the soundtrack was good, more or less the game came out and played how I wanted it to.

Can't say any other KS-based game that did this

So if you do like I did and just watch someone play it Uncle Jobel a best am I just watching someone shit?

game =/= feces :)

Maybe there is a time delay from when a guardian dies and when the next one is chosen. Kain might have been chosen as the guardian of balance only after he became a vampire, even if it was long after the death of the previous one.

Pic related is the biggest lore inconsistency I can think of.

An important piece of the guardian had to be brought to the pillar to restore it, remember?

Transcription errors, user.

I think this is the better answer.

Your answer couldn't have worked, anyway, as Kain was corrupted by Nupraptor as a baby, which could only happen if he had the link all guardians had to each other. Also, Janos states guardians are chosen upon birth, which is why humans instead of the original vampires were chosen as guardians.

memetale =/= game you faggot. go back to tumblr

I never get the autism behind those fags, undertale may have an awful fanbase but it's pretty alright if you ignore all the memes.

Wasn't Cyrodiil supposed to be a jungle? I know about Talos removing the jungle and stuff like that but why? A jungle would have been much more interesting than a generic forest.

whatever problem they've got they're dedicated i'll give em that much, they stop by in every thread where undertale is so much as mentioned and in the case of that "memetale" guy (who may've already shown up, 95e916) he doesn't rest until the whole thread's devolved into calling him a fucking retard for having a worse argument as to why the game's bad than people who've actually played it in depth

apparently he really has played it if his screenshots are anything to go by but he talks about it and focuses solely on the fanbase as to why it's bad as though he were a total drone who hates it because Holla Forums says to

Congratulations, user. You won an argument on the internets.

Consoles, for one thing. A jungle would mean a lot of foliage to render at once. Another was the surging popularity of the LotR movies and "standard" fantasy, so Bethesda probably wanted to appeal to that. Lastly, it was probably just easier than making something like what was described in the previous games.

What do you mean?

Personally my biggest issue wasn't the jungle -> European fantasy change, it was the shittiness of the Imperial City. It's supposed to be the central hub to all the major races and cultures of an entire continent and rather than seeing Khajiit rug markets in the streets, Nord thugs in bars or High Rock pilgrims, you see the same 6 shops in a completely static and tiny little slice. If it were up to me, at least 40% of the explorable map would have been the city and the rest would be the surrounding country side if not taking place entirely in the city. Have another expansion pack like Bloodmoon be about wandering the wilderness. TES games have always felt really static and stiff but the biggest let down was the plainness of it all. I'm imagining White Gold Tower maybe not being made entirely of (white) gold, but not made of dull grey slabs. Morrowind had houses made from giant mushrooms while the Imperial City, a place that has existed for generations looks like a brutalist soviet bloc truck stop.

100% ending triggers an extra fight with this guy that has shown he's absorbed the final boss into him meaning he now contains 3 legendary weapons within him + a god on top of fragments he already had that multiply the power of someone who is alone.

In the next game he's shown to have none of that but it's brought up by the new villain that this guy is the biggest threat to them because of it.

Games great but this guy just shows up like 3 times and he uses none of the powers he obtained in the second game and then pulls the 100% bullshit again by saying now he's harnessed the same power the main character has in this game.

Like if this game ever got a 4th game this dude will have a fucking Madara copy pasta.

Still don't get that meme

Genocide route should have had it so that when you kill major characters you absorb their souls.

The souls could then be used in combats as special attacks which each have their own unique minigames for deciding how damage is dealt.

I got one

"Holla Forums is for video games"

whoever wrote the story for that dropped the ball hard

Maybe someone could make a mod for Undertale among those lines?

Can anyone give me an example of a game with NO lore inconsistencies?

(I don't think you can, but try anyway)

Tetris

But that game has no loreā€¦ Unless that's the whole point, in which case that sounds about right.

thats pretty much wrong.
everyone hates the game because its not cool to like the game anymore

erry time

I played to see if it was good as everybody said.

And the only thing i got was dissapointment. It's a shit game, with a shit fanbase.

Because it's SJW memeshit with mediocre at best gameplay that we only hear about because SJW memesters love it.