The Current State of FPS

I've been completely out of the loop of the FPS genre. Is it really as bad as this guy implies? Did casuals ruin the genre this much?

Worst part? CoDIW will sell a shit ton anyway despite all the dislikes on Youtube. The people will buy it anyway because gamers have no backbone, which is why publishers can get away with what they do now.

Because that means so much, when people have opinions on cinematic trailers.
I don't doubt it'll be garbage, but there's yet to be any actual gameplay proving it's shit.

Before anyone mentions anything about NuDooM, just remember that it isnt hard to make something better than the average when there hasent been a good shooter in years. Yes serious sam 3 came out, but casuals that bought nuDooM probably didnt play ss3.

Post webms, then people will actually look at it.

Anyway, doesn't matter if COD ends up being hated by everyone, because they'll just buy Battlefield instead. When the FPS genre is finally dead, they'll move on to the next popular thing to destroy.

Like tf2 clones?

Yeah I know dislikes mean jack shit. And we can't truly judge a game before it actually comes out. Saying that I'm pretty sure it will be shit.

I realize many won't watch it because it's not in webm form. I don't know where this mentality came from. We posted webms because it didn't give a certain few faggots views and we could keep it before it gets torn down. Now people think nothing should ever get views and you're somehow feeding cancer if you do. I don't even think embed links even go toward the view count. Maybe it's just a bunch of young people who want to feel rebellious.

MOBA or TF2 clones? Then again, LoL seems to hold the crown for MOBA as WoW held the crown for MMOs for ages. There are a few that stand tall beside it but many new ones that copy the formula fall off the map with little effort.

Its shit but casuals want it to be their own brand of shit.

I also have no doubt that EA did this as a marketing stunt due to all the likes they received after that shitty trailer.

Are you saying EA made CoD or somehow Activision and EA are teaming together behind the scenes?

Not to mention it's a ginormous pain in the ass just to show a video. I tried this retarded approach and quickly realized it's complete bullshit. Most videos dont compress below 7MB anyways.

Then why post it?

You posted a video with "Infinite Warfare Sucks" in the thumbnail. It's heavily implied in that alone that the person who posted it actually enjoyed the series up until this point. That to me, makes him a faggot I shouldn't give a view.

Sounds like you're being a whiny child to me.

The dislikes will have an effect on sales imo, still gonna sell at least 1.5 million coppies though. Another reason it's gonna sell is because limited edition comes with CoD4 which is the one everyone wants but can't get it any other way. This is the major reason that video has that many dislikes.

Also BDobbins isn't even bad, I watch him to keep up with what's going on with the major FPS releases since he shits on nearly every major release.

Im saying EA paid people to downvote Cowadoody and upboat Battlefield Juan.

They've been in competition for years now.

And you're a faggot.

I can believe this.

It gives you a in depth view of a person who is a fan of FPS games in general. While he does like some CoD games, that doesn't mean his opinion is bad. Why even join the conversation when you don't even want to talk about the topic at hand anyway? You could see his opinion, then argue why it's shit. The contents aren't even bad besides the clickbait title. Then again, why would you make a video and not want people to watch it? Unless it's something educational, of course it's going to have a clickbait thumbnail. It's made to grab attention.

I seriously doubt that. The vid got a million dislikes because it told people CoD4 remaster is being sold with IW, not separately. Many CoD4 fans were looking forward to that. And even worse? It has less stages than the original. It's a huge dick move and very disrespectful to the sheep who have been giving you money for years. Despite how conditioned CoD fans are to sucking on whatever Activision puts in their mouth, this dick was too big to swallow.

EA has used bots before. It was to sign some stupid ass petition. They got caught because signatures all had the same messages attached to them.

Casuals dislike the new way CoD is going because it strayed further from what they liked AKA MW2, even though they probably only like it because they had friends with them and because it was one of the few games they played at the time. I give the devs credit mainly because of the fact that they're trying to do something new with the series.

So, is there any real difference between this game and every other gay arena shooter out today?

Also

Someone needs to save us from this faggotry

Yeah most videos don't compress that low. I've only been able to do it with ones that are a few minutes long.

Why are CoDfags so stupid?

Which is why I stopped playing FPS games for ages on end. Last one I fondly remember was TimeSplitters 3. Last one I got into was Modern Warfare 2. CoD4 was good, so MW2 should be good too right? Oh boy was a I wrong. I know some of the backstory behind why it got worse too. It's the same reason why the rest of the series besides Black Ops was so mediocre. Publishers getting in the way and devs quitting.

I remember that. I think it was for some gay pride shit regarding Star Wars.

I wouldn't put it past EA to do this. But I think the fans themselves are just really upset about this. After it got a good deal of dislikes, others joined in just cause. I guess EA could join in at that point though.

I can't say. I don't keep up with CoD or FPS in general as I said in the OP. Also I believe Arena Shooters would be something like Xionic or Unreal Tournament 4.

We're FPS ever good?
Outside of the occasional success of some old titles, they all either died or went off the radar, and it probably isn't a coincidence

Yeah this is why I've hardly touched any fps games made in the last 10 years. There are a few PC exclusive ones to come along like EYE, Crysis 1/warhead, and Stalker every now and then but for the most part its been console trash almost exclusively.

This is why I pretty much only old multiplayer fps games, and wads for doom and stuff.

Oh no capitalism.

Kill yourself faggot.

Entrance level "My tastes are superior to yours! COD SUCKS!"
Thank you Captain Obvious.

Go back to your circlejerk where you'll be better served.

>>>/reddit/

Watch the video in the OP and he talks about that. Saying how the Red Orchestra devs tried getting feedback from playtesters. All their complaints were "It's not like CoD. I'm good at CoD, and I suck at this game. Therefor it's the game's fault.". He also explains how CoD has turned more into a slot machine where you're always rewarded as long as you keep playing. It's designed so you can kill a few people because you saw them first. And then kill more people effortlessly with a powerup of some sort. The video shows a montage of what a good player can do and even he dies because someone just happen to see him first.

They would have never stuck as a genre if they were bad in general. It could be more that you're just not that interested in the genre. Roguelikes are very under the radar and they would all be considered bad by that logic.

I barely find myself playing on PC so the PC side of FPS is even more alien to me. If it wasn't for Holla Forums, I would be completely ignorant of the genre.

Remember to ignore and hide any effortless shitposting people. Some of us at least want to have a decent discussion for once.

Here's your groupthink
>>>/reddit/

Touche.

Still, how to save fps?
Maybe avoid the autismbux by not pandering to teens and focus on making a good game instead?
I'd love games with dark, adult storytelling, a bit like Metro or Stalker did

Probably because with recent CoD games they couldn't just abuse a glitch like quickscoping or they had to learn something else besides just playing it like they normally would.

Which is why they'll probably move to Battlefield Juan, because DICE will probably dumb it down so hard anyone can play it.

COD is fucking dead, there's no saving it. Even if it pandered to me I still wouldn't respect the series. Activision and IW realize their franchise is dying off so they're trying to save their sinking ship by releasing an HD "remaster" of a game not even a decade old for nostalgic 15 year olds to latch onto. It's despicable and any user who plans on buying any future CoDs or Battlefields because they're "faster" or "more realistic" than previous titles is delusional.

Oh, well I'm wrong there, but that's besides the point.

Honestly most AAA's are just going to keep trying to copy call of duty and make games for consoles for a while.

If you want good fps games then you either have to make them yourself or hope indies will do it for you. And if you see something you like support it and buy the game unless the devs are using bad business practices. Try to spread the word about new fps games that you think are good too. Especially free ones like xonotic that aren't getting marketed and commercial ones made by small devs who don't have the resources to shill as hard as todd howard.

You can also try out mods for older fps games that have proper map editors and/or mod support such as doom, quake, and cube 2.

Saving? It's far too late for that. Once you let the floodgates open. Casuals will ruin it. To save FPS, you must remove the crowd. The publishers want cash, so they will appeal to the biggest audience. Once that audience stops giving them money, they will change their ways. Essentially, you would have to change what gives them money. The masses.

You can't change the masses unless you do so subtly over time with tons of marketing and such. We obviously don't have that kind of power under our belt. You can't convince the masses to not buy CoD and why they shouldn't because they don't care about that "nerd" shit. They just want to have a fun time with bros and move on. They either have no clue it's ruining everything or do and don't care because they don't care about the medium. They care about having a fun time with friends.

So no, you can't save FPS. The answer is obvious, but the way to do so is impossible. Only time will cure this wound. When the casuals leave, then they will either stop making FPS or start making better FPS to get people to come back. Either way, you might as well stick to the more niche stuff for now and avoid games targeted toward the masses.

When talking to a friend who hated AW and BO3. He was saying how all the jumping around and moving faster was something he didn't like. I thought people would enjoy moving faster and having a vertical approach to level design. Then I realized that it's not mindless for the average person so they didn't like it as much. They actually have to look up and aim now. Not just at a big plane/UAV in the sky but a fast moving target.

Bump

Don't be a nigger.

Into the trash it goes

We can all take refuge in the fact that Escape From Tarkov will make FPS good again

OK that is like 5 nagging cunts that can fuck off.

You can't expect people to take the time of the day to put up a webm about COD since most of Holla Forums is full of shitposters and biased opinions.

And yes COD may be a bad game, but you probably won't even discuss why , just scream shill and fling shit at each other until the thread dies