Mythology and Folklore You Would Like To See In A Game

I honestly think devs focus too much on dragons and orcs when it comes to fantasy settings. What type of mythology or folklore would you like to see thrown into games more? I feel Muramasa and Onimusha seem to be one of the few games that throw around spooky Jap folklore. Like the giant centipede boss in Muramasa.

yokai.wikia.com/wiki/Ōmukade

Other urls found in this thread:

yokai.wikia.com/wiki/Sazae-Oni
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coatlicue
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xipe_Totec
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manticore
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sacrifice
books.google.com/books?id=Jw2TE_UNHJYC&pg=PA120&lpg=PA120&dq=Fernand Braudel public executions london&source=bl&ots=wSfxuGmy4k&sig=7fcmQIpinXxBHZCVfBh4NiFh-f4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKjp_Lp4DNAhXCWCYKHcmpCJ4Q6AEIIDAA#v=onepage&q=Fernand Braudel public executions london&f=false
books.google.com/books?id=Glt_AwAAQBAJ&pg=PA220&lpg=PA220&dq=V. A. C. Gatrell, london executions 75,000&source=bl&ots=snzUpSHDjY&sig=tQxgXZdot2D7itsOR078e6RSWFw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwidstG3qIDNAhXMNSYKHZB8A40Q6AEIHTAA#v=onepage&q=V. A. C. Gatrell, london executions 75,000&f=false
youtube.com/watch?v=wgT4sjRiLAY
youtube.com/watch?v=cvw0-KbvtXo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aos_Sí
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Aztec action/adventure rpg

Or just playing as a conquistador hunting for El Dorado

I won't disclose details on where i live, but i'll tell you of our local folklore.

Where i live, there's a legend of spirits that would enter your house at night while you were sleeping, and rape you, kill you, or both.

This legend is actually something people would say to cover up the actual truth to their sheltered families (especially their daughters, after these incidents): each house had a well in their basement, that well connected to an underground area that had running water, so in order to get fresh water they would pay men to work down there and they would fill buckets with water and you could pull the buckets up and that's how you got some fresh water without going to a far away source.

However, these wells connected your house to these underground tunnels.

So sometimes, in the middle of the night, these dirty, unwashed people would crawl out of the wells and kill people, steal, or rape your daughters.

So when this happened, people would just blame it on evil spirits, and since the men were often covered in filth, the naiive believed it and assumed they were evil spirits or demons.

I'd like to see a horror game implementing this story in it somehow.

That does sound pretty fucking horrifying.

Found another neat one while looking up the Yokai site in the OP.

yokai.wikia.com/wiki/Sazae-Oni

Makes me wish we had some spirit detective adventure game that's like Hotel Dusk.

That's some pretty cool stuff, despite also being horrifying.

I'd like to see a Kalevala mythos game. There's so much crazy shit in there.

Of course lot of it has comparisons to slavic folktales, but man, I'd love it.

You could easily do the Cú Chulainn cycle as a cuhrazzy game, he even has a super mode with the Warp Spams.

Proof you have zero creativity in fantasy list:

I want some hindu mythology in Bayonetta. It makes no sense considering the setting but the boss battles would be fucking out there and crazy

Mahabharata JRPG could work.

A lot of it is similar to baltic mythology in general, for example, Witcher 3's botchling is based on a rather common creature in both baltic and finnish mythology. Finnish version was called Liekkiö, angry and malevolent spirit of an abandoned baby or discarded fetus that was ditched in the woods.

Would like to see Enochian mythology (see Book of Enoch). With Angelic beings/demons, shapeshifters, giants, hybrids. degeneracy.

I had a similar idea of making a horror game inspired by local folklore. A lot of medieval records have people being described as witches and warlocks, but mine has the first instance of a person being described as a vampire. The legend goes that he got vampiric powers and undeath thanks to him being a warlock. The legend goes that people got a knock on the door and a few days afterwards a person from that household was killed. His widow also complained that he would appear near her house and sometimes he would force himself inside and then beat or rape her.
I don't know what the true story behind it is, but according to records of the time in the part of the country the myth originated from, if nobles wanted to they had the right to deflower a virgin wife of any of their subjects. The alleged vampire had none of that crap and the noble had to shut him up somehow so that his other subjects don't get the same idea, so he made it look like it was a suicide, he thought he killed him, but he was actually just unconscious and the even though they did bury him, they did so haphazardly because victims of suicide didn't get a proper burial, which is why he managed to get out of his grave.

That would also make a great shlock-horror anti-abortion film. Something like Chucky, but instead, you get a mangled fetus running around mutilating abortion doctors, looking for his mommy.

Persian and Babyloniabn please

WHY IS THERE STILL NO ANCIENT GREECE OPEN WORLD RPG?

I just want a game where I can explore and fight ominous colossal monsters, Ancient Greek setting would just be the cherry on top, only Monster Hunter, EDF and Titan Quest scratch these itches man.

Dragons Dogma and Dark Souls as well.

shit….no plot, just randomly running into spoopy shit, might be cool

I just read this book by a little known author Lovecrast, the monster is giant octopus but with tentacles, super spooky, more games should use that

Pics related are all we have in the way of representation, as far as I know.

Mi indio
NEVER EVER

because they had slaves, and they were ray-ciss as fuck, so triggering

It's not specifically Irish mythology, it's shared stuff from whatever the fuck the isle would have been back then.

Is this what it feels like to be culturally appropriated?

Sure, it wouldn't be an accurate display of So. American ancient mythology, but if it played like some kind of Far Cry/Survival horror mix where the goal is to survive/escape until the next ship from the Old World arrives I'd be interested.

yeah 8^]

I was thinking more like Souls games (more hub based, less open world) based on your description.

What gets me is how all the Western medieval-fantasy rpgs just rip off the hellenic period.
Are more closely related to the greco-roman period, than the medieval period (which was usually boring as batshit).

to the japs centipedes have more meaning other then being the edgelord of the bugs, it's the avatar of kegare which is morally corrupted blood.
this is important in bloodborne as a calling card of mensis who's weapons attack blood via poison or bleeding and occasionally frenzy.

Australian folklore.
Like the great kangaroo war of 38'

Also this
Greek and Roman mythology is the shit and it barely gets used in favor of Tolkien's stuff

Multiple references to this in BB and an entire covenant dedicated to it even, yes.

I'm pretty sure my mom once told me she saw something with this exact same premise.

Just head over to the Dominions 4 thread you niggers.

I'd love for something to just stop going for the typical Tolkien stuff and just make shit up while still acting completely straight. I don't even give a fuck about having to fight a shrimp-pig-thing, just stop giving me generic evil bad guy grunt with tusks and horns.

I'd love a game that plays heavily on the Judeo-Christian myth.

Like if you can actually play as one of the apostles and follow this rambling hippie Jew around in Jerusalem.

The end game is watching him getting killed on a cross. Shit will be so cash.

I want to see less settings which are based around a single theme (Slavic, Skandinavian, British, etc.) and instead go with strange hybrids.

TES did this in-lore with the Imperials initially, giving them a combination of Roman and Japanese inspirations; people walking with the kimonos and katanas in cities with classical architecture. And to give it the fantasy aspect, what do they add? Moths and dragons. Moths and dragons everywhere. People with moths flying around them, dragons bathing in the waters outside the city. And so forth.

Then comes Oblivion just to say fuck that and discard any possibility of a cool, original setting being implemented in a video game. Hence why Oblivion is the worst game in the series.

That all being said, there are a lot of creatures I would like to see implemented. Throw in a Gashadokuro or something - a giant skeleton monster unkillable by any regular means, forcing the player to weaken it so it can be exorcised instead. Made more difficult by the whole "turn invisible" thing.

Might as well take the opportunity to shill Dom4 right here, since it's the only game where cannibalistic Jewish giants can fight Mediterranean beastmen while Romans from the early christian church try to keep mind-enslaving fish in the water and demon-worshipping indian monkeys in the forest.

Also may include fucking viking elves.

Better idea, this, but the workers end up digging into some fucked up eldritch bullshit underground, and in addition to rape and killing, we've got sacrifices, mutants, devil possed individuals, and some fucked up R'leyh-esque lost kingdom.

Can I play as a culture of aztec skandinavian illusionists who construct massive stone temples to preserve the corpses of their arch-magician rulers?

Check this game out.

sounds interesting.
you know, the more i learn about the christian god the more i realize that Lovecraft was highly derivative.

THIS WHY THE FUCKTITS ISN'T THIS A THING ALREADY

READ THIS GOD DAMN SHIT

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coatlicue

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xipe_Totec

Actually it'd probably be because it'd have to be AO now that I think about it

In any case, what I REALLY want is just a game where you can explore aztec cities. Tenochititlan sounds like something out of a fantasy novel, but more on that in my next post

Anyways, so the Aztec capital it wasn't technically the capital, but the Aztec empire was essentially an alliance between 3 cities states who conquered other groups and made them tributary states, and Tenochitlan was the main city state of the 3 that had the most power . It was built on top of a series of lakes, so in essence is was basically new world Venice.

It had tons of aqueducts, causeways, and so on all around the city alongside gardens and actual urban centers. It was actually among the 5th largest cities in the world around the time the Spanish arrived, only behind Bejing, Cairo, Constantinople, and some other city I forgot the name of, and the aztecs only had a little usage of bronze so it was more or less built all without metal tools

The Spanish describe it in their accounts as being beyond anything they could have imagined

This is from Bernal Díaz del Castillo's "True History of the Conquest of the New Spain", which was a conquistador's first hand account of how everything went down:

Chicken leg houses

Fun fact, Cortez broke down crying after he conquered the city since he had to destroy it to get the Aztecs to surrender

And here's some shit in a letter Cortes sent to Charles V

tl;dr Tenochitlan was some rad ass shit. But as you know, conflict broke out, and eventually the spainish (alongside 200,000 native soldiers that cortez rallied from various tributaries of the aztecs that wanted to rebel, which you probably didn't know( won, basically leveled the whole city, and made a colony called New Spain on top of it…

…Which you know now as Mexico city, the modern day capital of Mexico. The lakes were drained in the 1700's to make room for shit and it totally fucked over the natural ecosystem and is directly why axolotl salamanders are extinct in the wild.

It's literally worse then the burning the library of Alexandria.

sounds like massive bullshit, how does 30 spanish guys with barely the tools they carried in a couple of ships manage to "destroy" one of the 5 biggest cities in the world?

yeah, no.

Go play it if you havent allready, it's not perfect but there's tenochtitlan, aztecs, conquistadors, even El dorado and such shit.
Only "annoyance" is slight sjw-themes mostly with "hurrdurr women can be conquistadors too guise :^)" but if you dont like it just dont pick any bitches to your crew at start-up or do like i did and execute the vapid cunts and white knights once they step too much out of the line.

Truly a pity the spanish didn't wipe the heart eating mexicans off the map like the english did to the north american indians.

Politics are universal m8. Even Inca empire fell because of civil war. Playing factions one against other is modus operandi of every empire ever.

It wasn't too SJW really considering how much of a gigantic piece of shit everyone in that game is.

Most of Central America hated the Aztecs and helped the Spanish under the logic of "well at least they aren't going to rip our still-beating hearts out."

Apocalypto was pretty spot on really, can't blame them for allying with the first somewhat capable stranger they met to take down those savages really.

I was even quite surprised i could just larp go the "evil route" without any backlash like usually happens and it wasnt just some genocidal maniac bullshit either.

The game was even more fun when your starting party had personalities that clashed with each other instead of going for the optimal setup.

You do realize that the aztecs's entire empire sacrificed less people per captia that london (the city) alone executed people.

The people being sacrificed were well treated and were outright venerated, wheras the people being executed in london were treated less then animals, the executions just as bloodhtirsty as any of the sacrifices, and the vast majority of the people being executed did barely anything

No, they sacrificed prisoners of war.

Also, there were people being burned at the cross and killed over religious disputes all the damn time in europe and eurasia in just as brutal ways, and much like them, aztec sacrfice was religously moviated, except perhaps more justifibly so since they litterally thought the world would end if they didn't do it.

Dumb trumposter. I'm also american and mu family has been for 4 generations, prior to that they were in eastern europe, i'm not a spic

I've played it but I want a hugeass AAA production with this shit

I think it's pretty comparable. Tons of mesoamerican history was lost as well when the spainish colonized the place, and it was, you know, a whole fucking city that was destroyed.

There were 3000 Spaniards. Cortes and many of his troops were invited into the palace to keep tensions low and cortes lived there for a few weeks till a dispute over a shrine and a statue of the virgin mary broke out. Cortes then took Montezuma captive and everything went to shit.

Even after that, the aztecs chased the Spanish out of the capital. The only reason that wasn't gg no re for the spainish is they had previously based in Tlaxacan territory (see pic related), who hated the aztecs, so they went back there, rallied them and a few other nations up, and marched back to Tenochitlan with about 200,000 native troops.

By the time they got to tenochlitlan smallbox was in full effect and eventually the Spainish and Tlaxcalans won and most of the aztec population had bit it from said smallpox.

if you doubt it, seriously just type in "tenochititlan ruins" in google and you'll see plenty of photos of the dig sites in downtown mexico city

Apocalytpo was the mayans and wasn't very accurate. it got the broad strokes right but the moment you look at anything in detail it was incorrect. The mayans also mainly practiced blood letting rather then actual sacrifice.

Why do you insist on ruining everything with your cartoonish idiocy? Go read a comic or something.

Your point?

I'm willing to back up all the claims I made with statistics and evidence. Want me to do that?

So you want a time travel cowadooty where Jack Steel the generic marine went to Tenochtitlan to shoot shit up? just gidings

I allways wonder with this era of everyone and their mother loving the shit out of open world games there's barely any such shit based on earlier eras than the 30s and on cities like Tenochtitlan, medieval London, Venice, etc etc.

Sure you would have to think how to make the traveling around more fun without cars but well… maybe going to it asshitsins creed style jumping on the rooftops like some parkour faggot or just plain ol fast travel?

Go ahead, I'm sure there must had been some crazy motherfucker that ate people's hearts, flayed them alive and bathed on their blood somewhere in Europe, but never a whole civilization of them.

I'll be waiting forever probably but it'll be worth it if you can find any European cannibals.

I'd be completely happy with that. The asscreed games gameplay wise lack innovation and are merely competent but they do a damn good job of making the environments and people in them feel alive and true to the settings they take place in

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manticore

shit, this meant to quote

I'll get you some numbers in a bit.

Regarding cannibalism, that wasn't very common with the sacrifices, and I assure you i'll find equally brutal reports for regular religious killings or unwarranted executions in europe to anything the aztecs reportedly did.

Seriously you SJWs are fucking sick, you know that?

That goddess is a Pretender God in Dominions 4.

If you wanna know what units can be found from various myths all over the world in this risk-like strategy game then head over here.

larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

Go to units and select a nation.

I just waited for someone to mention leftists or SJW.

People used to play polo with the heads in Europe so accusing one civilisation to be more brutal is silly. Humans are brutal by nature, and stop projecting your values on to the past.

scourging someone for stealing money is not the same as making human sacrifice to some Mutombo serpent god

Closest in the game is incan bird-people ruled by their mummified royalty, but there's probably a mod for that.

They were alive when they ripped their heart off their chest.
Disrespecting a corpse is just rude, but torturing someone and then eating a part of the corpse is on a completely different level.

The reason that Europeans didn't have human sacrifices isn't a lack of brutality, but a lack of sacrifices in general. Or, rather, they already had one.

Nearly ever religion in the world has a deity that calls for sacrifice. Christianity is one of the few which does not - Jesus is the final sacrifice, whose death brings about redemption. There is therefore no further need to sacrifice animals, people, or anything else.

Pagan religions in Europe, on the other hand, could be quite brutal. The Celtcs in particular just had a fucking hilariously good time.

It's always Incan or Aztec bird people. Why are there no Nordic bird people? Penguin men of the deep south?

Ancient german tribes threw romans into the swamp so the next harvest will be blessed.

Ok, just go here an look for a place in world that DIDN'T have human sacrifice at some point in time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sacrifice

fund it

there's my ancestors, the celts.
but that was more about obtaining their power, it worked to scare the shit out of the romans.

Vlad Tepes made kebab out of kebabs to scare the shit out of the invading armies too.

Well how else are you supposed to make yourself eligible for the Lancer class in this economy?

Even unlocks Berserker and the shota trap class at the same time, that guy was certainly power-gaming.

Didnt he get ganked for good in the end though?
if i remember right rest of Yorop didnt like his brutal yet effective methods and fucked him up, Western Europe being bunch of sjw-sissycunts even centuries ago for fuck sakes

I'm not an SJW you fucking moron, and i'm not saying that what they did was okay, i'm just saying it's stupid to make them out as being especially bad when they factually killed way fucking less people then most nations in europe did, and they did it just as burtally.

I have as much hatred for professional victim white guilt hypocrites as you do. More then you do, i'd wager, since I actually waste my fucking time arguing with them.

Anyways, here are your numbers and brutality comparsions

books.google.com/books?id=Jw2TE_UNHJYC&pg=PA120&lpg=PA120&dq=Fernand Braudel public executions london&source=bl&ots=wSfxuGmy4k&sig=7fcmQIpinXxBHZCVfBh4NiFh-f4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKjp_Lp4DNAhXCWCYKHcmpCJ4Q6AEIIDAA#v=onepage&q=Fernand Braudel public executions london&f=false

The above details the relative brutality of executions in europe, detailing heads being parraded on spikes, bodies being implaed around steets and strewn around, etc, which is all pretty similar to the Xipe Totec cermoney I explained in , as well as having huge croweds

Now, from another source, this being: books.google.com/books?id=Glt_AwAAQBAJ&pg=PA220&lpg=PA220&dq=V. A. C. Gatrell, london executions 75,000&source=bl&ots=snzUpSHDjY&sig=tQxgXZdot2D7itsOR078e6RSWFw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwidstG3qIDNAhXMNSYKHZB8A40Q6AEIHTAA#v=onepage&q=V. A. C. Gatrell, london executions 75,000&f=false

This also talks about public excutions, well past when the spainish conquest happened, that had huge vistinng numbers. But here's the important part

We know that England had a population of about 3 million at that time; that you can easily find yourself. Now, I am under the impression the aztecs had like 10x that amount of people, but I can't find a source for it, so let's use 5s the amount as a lowball estimate

So, if you do the math, going by that low estimate, the english killed around 1500 people per year, or 3750 people. For the high estimate, that's around 7500 people.per year.

Now, trying to find a reliable source for how many people the aztecs sacrificed per year,

He had his own family selling out and betraying him all throughout his entire life.
He was even sold as a slave when he was a kid in order to make a temporary peace deal.
Poor guy had a hard life.

Fuck, forgot to type out "If they had the same number of people as the aztecs and everything scaled up" at the end of this sentance

Certainly enough for every single neighbor of theirs to ally with these Spanish who thought so little of them instead of tolerating them.

That says it all really.

Etruscan mythology is criminally underrated.

It's essentially a blood cult. The traditions, belief and myths are very disturbing. I feel like having an Etruscan-centric game would make for either a good RPG, a good horror game, or both. Having it set in the primordial stages of the Roman civilization would be interesting.

Or maybe you could play as a haruspex. Perhaps, whilst examining someone's entrails, you could divine a warning from the gods entailing the fall of Etruria.

You know what, fuck it, i'm not even gonna bother to continue. You aren't worth my time.

Also, many of those neighjboring states ALSO collected sacrificee's from the Aztecs; pretty much all of religion in mesoamerica was closely related in the same way roman and greek mythology was, so they had the same "if we don't give enough blood the universe will shut down" shit going on to a degree

I wouldn't call it strictly voluntary, especially since the amount of people the aztecs sacrificed shot way up about 80 years prior to the spainish came due to a particular high priest called Tlacaelel rewrote aztec religion to put more of a focus on it, but it wasn't strcitly something they wer doing against their will either.

Tlaxcala in particular did not want any part of it at all though, and they were the ones who helped cortrez.

Considering their descendants are alive and well in California and Texas now instead of merely being aztec human excrement I'd say they took the right choice.

Not so much for the ones still in Mexico, but it old habits die hard.

I always imagined a RPG with a race of not-so-humans whose look was based on their early statues. Hell even their tombs would be good dungeon material.

Non sequitur.

If we employ Occam's Razor, we find that ordinary geopolitics is more than sufficient to explain why all of the neighbors chose to side with the Spanish.

There's no reason to suppose that extraordinary brutality should be the cause for their wanting to throw off the yoke of their conqueror.

Meanwhile, we have every reason to suppose that the Spanish would exaggerate every flaw, and perhaps invent a few new ones, to justify their conquest in religious terms. Regardless of how much religion may have motivated the conquistadors, there was a need to explain their actions to the Catholic Church.

Especially since the Church was already getting upset over the way the Spanish were treating natives on Cuba

Given the growing computer usage in Latin America, there's a surprising number of weebs down there. So we might be able to look forward to seeing games based upon their indigenous mythology.

I'm personally exceptionally curious what we'll see once Thai and Indian video games become a thing. They both have the crazy polytheistic angle to play up, and I reckon that their injection of Buddhist influences will be a lot more interesting that what we've seen come out of California.

African mythos games could be neat. The continent is larger and more ethnically diverse than it's given credit for, so who knows what crazy shit they've got to play around with. Unfortunately, I think it'll still be a few more decades before we see anyone there pull their shit together. At least Latin America and Southern Asia can rely on having a certain degree of stability conducive to the development of a tech sector.

Hey user, mind recommending me some reading material on prehispanic cultures? You seem pretty well informed.

He also killed his own subjects and Christian monks in his court for saying that his brutality and torture against his own christian citizens for crossing him or for petty crimes would send his soul to hell.
I think it's telling that his own subjects would have rather betray him and put up with the turks rather than live under his rule any longer.
Dracula dindu nuffin he a good boy.

Their economy and them being third world countries mean they have very little chances investing on such dangerous ventures which really delays every attempt of development there.

When your entire country is pure as hell it's pretty hard to find someone to hire you to make vidya, it's hard enough in the first world as it is.

It was actually greedy usurpers from his own family.
Read up on his story, not the fucking movie, he was certainly a really interesting case of political drama, heroism and backstabbings.

even were that bullshit real, it isn't, he succeeded in defending his kingdom from slavery and eventual genocide at the hands of the turkswhere are the armenians, turkey?.

he did his duty.

Welsh mythology Except King Arthur, which we have a great deal of games of would be pretty cool to see in games, even if Tolkien did get a lot of ideas from it there are still some shit left untapped.
Hell, a game about the Four Branches of the Mabinogi could be fun. A shame that weeb RPG nicked the name even though it's based off Irish myths

He thought the movie with Jack Palance was based on real facts.

The man was a ruthless motherfucker but he pretty much had to in order to defend his tiny clay from the Turks.
Those guys were no fucking joke.

The Epic of Sundiata
Its an orally kept story of a real African king, thing is its orally kept so there are countless versions of the story out there and its got some cool shit in some of them.

In one version the villain; the illegitimate king Soumaoro (also a real person) is performing a ritual to make himself invincible using the Quran, and a bathtub filled with ink, but its interrupted by Sundiata who is ridding on his older sisters back, who herself is riding on top of her spirit king; who is a spirit that lives in a mountain when, by them breaking into the room and Sundiata saying "what did you say" to which Soumaoro says "what?" and pretty much goes like that for a bit, like that scene from pulp fiction.
Just imagine all this magic shit with the letters of the Quran flying around a room when a guy riding on a woman who is floating; only she can see the spirit king, busts through the window and the guy says "I HEARD YOU BEEN TALKING SOME SHIT"

You mean hollywood movies arent real!?

Great scott i've been lied my whole life!

you should seriously go re-watch steven speilberg's movies.

it's hilarious and horrifying at the same time.

I don't even know what movie you're talking about.
actually fam, even historians fight about what's true about vlad tepes, so which story are you talking about? The story as told by romanians where he's a national hero with no faults and any and all cruelty is justified as necessary evil and any of his own subjects tortured or killed outright must have been corrupt, or the german manuscripts where his cruelty towards his own subjects and even some of his enemies is reviled as non-christian but ultimately he is defending Christendom so we'll turn a blind eye to it. Because there's as much documentation and historical evidence for the latter as there is the former and you can file either of them under propaganda if you so desire.

I never said he didn't but it's not at all surprising that his support dried up in lieu of his fag brother and the ottomans and was betrayed (this is arguably as much for his treatment of the nobles which was allegedly substandard).

I thought that one conquest of elysium game had a neat concept for dwarves where they were basically ants and had a queen that laid eggs.

the only thing that historians agrees upon is that vlad wanted mehmet II dick so bad

he was a horny boy you know

Dracula

>People pissing and shittign themselves over his Mortal Kombat tier BRUTALITY kills with his sweet as Kilj that he mastered when he got sold off to kebab for a sign of peace (Said kebab was known to jabe jannisaaries, which were all young boys as his servants/bodyguards which some historians belived hinted at the guy's preferences) If you've seen Hellsing you know what he possibly went through during his stay there.

Vlad made you want to be a good law upholding honest citizen and Christian, because if you didn't you'd end up WOMBO COMBO'D as hard as possible to serve as an example for everyone else.

Oh right.

Vlad got shit done.

Only issue was the temper and his literally straight to the extremes and the fucking point attitude, but he was a guy who understood the rules of nature and the Stakes at hand, given he was fighting the combined super-mecca actually finded forces of ye olde ISIS.

Would like to play something with Scandinavian Paganism in a tone closer to the Witcher 3. Every time scandinavian paganism is done, it's either some cringy game like Puzzle Agent or marvels Thor Which is offensively wrong in almost every way

I also wanna see some scandinavian mythological creatures like Troll they lure children into their gold filled caves. You have to outwit them to get them out in the sunlight in order for them to die or Tomte Essentially tiny santas that lives in your walls and fucks with your shit unless you're nice to them

Aww shit, i thought /his/ was dead.

give common core a few years, it will be.

Fuck that shit in every way, especially for making Loki into a fucking villian when in the real myths he's practically the comic relief.

if they didn't immediately go into "loki is the villian" with him they could actually play up the tragedy a bit more in the main comics.
but we still get some short stories that play upon the bond they had as the reason for loki's constant failure in killing thor.

Less than you would think.

Loki may not be a villain the way he is in Marvel, but he is far from a good guy, and far from harmless. His role in Ragnarok is undeniable, and he inevitably takes a stand against the gods.

Of course, they do work together on occasion before them. The whole stolen hammer incident and all.

i'm the user who wrote out all the shit about coatlicue and xipe totec and the aztec captial and so on.

I'm actually not a spic: I'm american, and my family has been for 4 generations, prior to that they were in eastern europe.

I just think Mesoamerica is really cool. They have neat looking architecture, and sorta completely defy the convetions we apply to most empires in eurasia/africa due to the america's isolation.

Like, as I explained, they built this gigantic, magnificent city, yet didn'[t even have metal tools for the most part. They had extraordinary access to clean water, mandatory public schooling for everybody, bathed twice a day, etc, whereas in europe none of that stuff would go on for hundreds of years to follow despite europe clearly being ahead of the americas in so many other ways.

It's just neat. Their mythology is also the most batshit insane bullshit ever.

I'm actually really not a good person to ask about this, but somebody I know gave me recs once, lemmie see if I can find it.

I basically gathered a lot of public domain shit in a folder from what I knew, said "hey is this shit reputable", and he got back to me and said what was and wasn't and gave me some recs. I still have that folder on my dropbox, i'll link it once I have his ffeedback to go with it.

That said, you can find a lot of manuscripts they themselves made pretty much by just typing "aztec codices": into google and looking around there and via wikipedia/the extrnal link section of the pages for them. You won't be able to read them, of course, but a lot of places have guides on what each page is saying and the pages themselves are pretty too look at.

I'd like to see more Orkney stuff.

The Orcadians were freaking hardcore.

I actually won't be able to get this to you tonight, sorry.

IA really good place to ask questions and get info though is The AskHistorians subreddit.

I know, I know, but it's strictly moderated, and only in depth, detailed answers that can be well sourced are accepted, so it actually results in a system where people who know what they fuck they are talking about being the ones answering, and if they can't back their stuff up wiht sources, their posts usally get deleted. Check out their FAQ and look under the north american precolumbian section for past questions with good answers as well as their recommended reading list

I know, but it really triggers my nigger when people figure that Loki was EEEVIIIIL!! when he's more like Jeb Bush if he was also the god of underhanded tricks.

Loki had a hard life, we really shouldn't throw vilification on top of all that.
It's not that he dindu nuffin, he just wasn't the supervillain he is in Marvel canon and everything that copies from Marvel canon instead of the original source material

That went from zero to boring in a shockingly small amount of time.

Didn't they have Obsidian tools instead which were stronger than metal?

Also people overstate Europeans being unclean because they don't bath. The colder climates of Europe meant you didn't need to regularly wash yourself in comparison to warmer climates were you would get very hot and very smelly quickly.

any type of mythology that isn't popular or well known in the west. Just something new for fuck's sake.

also I know there's already thread about this, but fucking lovecraft, but actually done well.

You can build a party of racists, xenophobic Catholics if you want.

Just because the game has women characters in your party doesn't make it sjw-themed. Stop overreacting.

Is that pizza?

You havin' a giggle, mate?

Everything in the Bible literally happened.
Genesis is a history book.

2/10 for making me reply to your shitty bait.

That's why there's quotation marks you humongous plebeian!

No, I'm offering you a seat.

Those quotation marks would belong around "sjw-themes" instead of annoyance.

What kind of tall fatties did you date as a kid to think those are underage girls?

He probably got confused by the lack of busted up vaginas.

clockwork empires?

Loki was kind of a dickass.

fuck Loki man

Those quotation marks work on both words, it's "annoyance" as in not really ;KEK.

Loki is the goofus to Thor's gallant

It implies that it's not as annoying as annoyance would imply, not that it's not annoying at all.

Obsidian is volcanic glass. It's extremely sharp, when made into a blade edge, much sharper then even modern steel cutting tools such as scalpels. But being a glass, it was way more brittle then metals. Not like, "hit anything with force once and it shatters" birtle, necessarily; though.

A lot of the infamous aztec weapons (the Macuahuitl and Tepoztōpīll) used a wood base, with then the striking edges being lined with a series of obsidian razors; The macuahuitl resembling a large cricket bat with the razors studding the edges, a tepoztopili essetnially being a wooden spear with a sort of spade shaped tip with obisdian razors on the edges of that.

Beyond that, they used wooden/stone clubs/,maces/axes, atlatl's (basically darts the size of arrows thrown via a tool that extending the throwing range and force), as well as a limited amount of bronze weaponry. For the second image here; I know 4a/b/c are macuahuitl's, 5 is a tepoztopili, 2 is a tepoztli (it also had a much longer name but fuck me typing that shit out) and the elbow jointed arrow thing he's holding is an atlatl with the launcher. I know a couple of the shield names too but that's too much shit to type out

But for the most part, the aztecs and most of mesoamerica in generally really did not use metal for "fyunctional" purposes AFAIK. Obviously, they had gold/silver/copper jewelry and ornamental or economic usage for metals

Oh, also, worth noting that the Aztecs didn't all just go to battle almost nude like that. Much like any army or culture they had miltiary ranks and you got better gear as you went up, and obviously, being the aztecs, you moved up in the ranks by gathering war prisoners for sacrifices.

This was also how you would rise up in terms of your social status, the aztecs had a class system, and raising through the military ranks would allow people on the bottom to get higher upm though I found out earlier today that towards the time the spainish came that dyanmic had gone away and that was no longer possible

I could go on about the military ranks (pic related shows them), and more about how the class dyanmics changed along with some cool shit about how prior to the spainish returning to tenochitlan with the tlaxacalan native army they happened upon a power struggle in one of the 3 main city states that made up the triple alliance (since the empire was primarily an alliance between the city states of Tenochtitlan, Texcoco, and Tlacopan), and one of the two people fighting over basically the "king" title for that city state allied with the spainish, but I need to fucking sleep

haven't a clue what the stories are behind these pics.
dumping

Also, any videogame that can portray the aztecs, mayans, and incans as different races and not some SJWified mess of cultures.

A major part of SJWism is feminism and historical revision done to protect feelz.

So yes, it does have slight sjw themes.

Are there fantasy or paranormal elements in it?

It's not trying to be a historical game.

It's not revising anything.

It's a work of fiction.

If muh feelz was a factor then why would they then let you construct a war party filled with people who have the racist trait and let you be cruel to the natives?

You don't know what the fuck you're on about, and it's both really obvious and embarrassing. Stop being a giant walking joke.

What is going on there?

Girl drinking troll sperm, the fuck does it look like?

Fuck off back to your shieldmaidens.

That pic is beyond bullshit. It is so wrong that it will make you stupider by reading it.

Nice comeback, user.

Tell us the real story, user.

Honestly, anything that's not more generic white people mythology is a necessity for the industry at this point, but you need to diversify the creators before you can diversify their creations.

Some, there are a few quests dealing with spiritualist mountain hermits, or ancient gods

:^)

Neat, I figured the merchants and the boyars were kikes, but I never knew it ran so deep that they were directly connected with the ottomans and their local flavour of kebab bullshit.

In most history videos you'd only go as far as boyars, nobles and merchants, there was essentially no mention of yids.

Fucking sliding kikes, trying to shift blame.

Yeah but why? Is there some kind of story behind it?

I presume either the girl and the troll are interested in living out the rest of their lives together, or it's a hookup.

Nah the trolls migrated because of "war" to a land called Yesw-Eden where they corrupted the blonde maidens with their nasty troll ideas.

So you're saying somewhere there's an elf rubbing their perfectly greased and manicured hands with glee and publishing manuscripts and octavos on the benevolent mixing of troll ideals and culture into human society?

Fucking knife ears.

Ragnarok was always inevitable, Odin knew this and brooded over how to beat fate. Loki delivers a victory of sorts by bringing about the death of Baldur meaning that instead of being at Ragnarok and suffering permadeath like everyone else he is in Hel(the realm). When Hel(the goddess/ruler) dies at Ragnarok he is freed from his prison and leads the children of the gods out of Asgard and the circle is complete.

It is shallow and stupid to think of Loki as a villain at all, this is Odins oldest ally after all, his blood brother, more trusted then his own brothers Villi and Vé. This casting of Loki as a villain is the result of viewing the mythology through Christian duality of good and evil and seeing him as the devil when he is nothing of the sort.

RPG you choose between aztecs or conquistadors, both factions commit atrocites that net you good karma. Fuck old settings with CURRENT YEAR values.

I want an Incan game.

I was actually surprised at actually how much Norsmen morals were ambiguous.

I want a game where everyone speaks Quechua.

Good conan game never.

Things are never black and white.

African mythology: youtube.com/watch?v=wgT4sjRiLAY

Yes
It's porn

There was a planned MMO based on African mythology. This trailer is the only thing to ever come of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=cvw0-KbvtXo

The original Conan stories are public domain. Nobody can stop you from making a good Conan game as long as you don't step outside the boundaries of the original books.

Sounds like Africa.

This is true.

This is only true in theory. It is a minefield of trademarks with The Howard Estate and Paradox Interactive to get to use him without being sued.

I looked into it a while back all I took away from it was the urge to make my own character instead, which I did and promptly did nothing with.

Irish mythology. Particularly the faeries.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aos_Sí

I dont remember much what i wrote to it back then apart from being autistic and putting it full of Irish folk music in midi form but i do remember your country having damn neat history and culture to go with.

Shame i dont have that powerpoint shit anywhere anymore as it's almost 15~ years since high school.

M8 the Europeans had no issue with Cannibalism. Even Da Vinci recommended eating the dead for its "medical properties."

Play mdickie's masterpiece, the You Testament
Or the sequel where you follow muhammad