Which should I play first?

Which should I play first?

Seasons or Ages?

Seasons

Maybe you can get a loaded gun and play with that.

A link to the past (SNES) -> Oracle of Ages -> Oracle of Seasons (order based on difficulty) -> Wind Waker

Feel free to skip Majora's Mask & Ocarina of Time.

I say start with Ages because it is a little slower then Seasons.

I can understand OoT, but why MM? Its the good one on the N64.

How does that one figure in?

Ages always seemed more story driven compared to Seasons, maybe because there were scenes focusing on Veran's plotting.

You mean the one with only four mediocre dungeons and only one decent boss fight.

Wind Waker wasn't any better and Majora's Mask managed to have a very compact, living world compared to OoT's big and empty one. I will admit though that the boss fights sucked dick. The dungeons were mostly solid though. Except for the water dungeon.

I've always felt that Ages fit better as the conclusion. Not sure why. Maybe because the stakes seemed higher?

user, you have shit taste

I tried emulation Majora's Mask on gamecube and it didn't turn out too well. Which is a good N64 emulator? I hear Project N64 is filled with malware

Majora's Mask is probably the ten on my top ten, and the first Zelda I ever played, but stop it with the "le darkest game" meme anyway everything turns out okay in the end just like any of the others with the exception maybe being Twilight Princess

But the dark and edginess of MM is great because it does have a lot of bright moments. It's what really adds to the atmosphere of the game is that even though everything is shit it eventually gets good.

It did have a darker atmosphere though. Everything about it was screaming "things are fucked". And sure, while things ended up fine in the end, that doesn't change that. It just keeps it from being a tragedy. That said, I think more people like MM because it had fuck all to do with Zelda since she shows up once in the whole game.

Though I will say I do like Twilight Princess more than OoT. Its pretty much the same, yeah, but TP was better in my opinion.

What I mean is just because it's dark doesn't make it automatically high quality or rather the best in the series. And Zelda 2 and Link's Awakening both pulled the unconventional Zelda card before it and better anyway.

I mean I like MM plenty but it's reached the levels of being pretty overrated.

To get back on topic, OP, I like to play Seasons first then ages since that's how it works in the manga.

Majora's Mask is not dark without purpose. It isn't even dark, it's just weird, but in a well crafted way. It subverts elements and themes that Ocarina of Time brought up, and presents them in a pitiable, caustic way that Link learns to deal with and be happy through regardless.

Just look at Twilight Princess for what I'm on about. Did you feel the twilight realm areas were morbid or sinister, or that they just had a funky aesthetic? Did that really strange cutscene explaining the origin of the twilight people seem like weirdness for the sake of being weird? Because it was, and that's why no one praises TP for being 'dark' but praises MM, because it had method to its madness.

i wanna lick loli witch through her panties

None of this changes the fact that in the gameplay aspect Majora's Mask is lacking, even in comparison to Twilight Princess.

But dude, did you not get the point of that cutscene explaining how the dark magic of the Twili corrupts shit as is seen throughout the whole game with the fused shadow and mirror pieces?

I wouldn't describe TP as dark anyway more Melancholic it doesn't end as happily as the others.

Do you dislike going fast?

Better is definitely objective, but I can tell you right now that Zelda wasn't unconventional since Zelda was your goal in the end.

*Zelda 2

Just pick one already you faggot.

-Ages is more puzzle-oriented and has time travel, better story-telling
-Seasons is more combat-oriented, overall easier, prettier I guess

If you love these games you'll be playing them up to three times each (switching them as you go) anyway.

You'll end up playing both three times if you want the full experience. Both games give you a code when you beat them that you transfer into the other one for a second, enhanced playthrough. This second playthrough gives you yet another code (not just the first codes again) that you transfer back to the first game for the final playthrough with all the content.

Both of y'all are misding the point, half of Majora's Mask was being about the NPCs and feeling a part of their world. It's more eerie than dark but whatever you want to call it you're supposed to appreciate it for the very impact it tries to leave on you. Sure the dungeons weren't the biggest aspect of the game but that's totally fine, the structure is still there and priority was just moved out into the field instead which is just one more thing that gives the game it's own identity. If there's anything MM actually deserves shitting on for it's the dreadfully long tasks like with the zora eggs and a precarious save system.

Also that TP cutscene was shit, don't say anything to defend it. What they were going for is apparent enough but it just falls flat on it's face.

Not that Twilight Princess is particularly deep either but seriously it's a game that people only view on a surface level while Majora's Mask has been over-analyzed to death at this point.

Seasons, then Ages.

Also, I think there was a ring that only dropped if you played Ages on a GameBoy Color? Wait, no, it was the GameBoy Advance. Also, it's better to use the link cable method than the stupid passwords.

-and I'm not saying it's the most bonerific trip of a game ever but I maintain that the appeal of it is the NPCs and how the game world changes with your actions, which the insides of the dungeons have no little bearing. If the game had ignored dungeons altogether I think it would be rightfully frowned upon but it didn't, there still is an acceptable amount of it all things considered. Majora's Mask very well could have done a lot of little things better and by all means analyze what you will but if you're just being anal about a formula and upset that a game shook things around then it's as if you've held a grudge because of some fake rule broken.

neither

But it didn't do that. Zelda 2 shook things up by practically being a different game, aLBW shook things up with atypical progression, MM didn't change much of anything about the formula you still need to clear the dungeons in a particular order to beat the game, and those particular dungeons are bad compared to ones found in other games. I mean you'd think with only four and considering the effort they put in the npcs they'd be able to apply the same energy to the dungeons right?

I'm pretty sure you bought that ring from a shop only accessible on the GBA. I don't think it even did anything.

I have to ask, did you play the game through and through?
The story elements mix with the gameplay through the side quests. You do someone a favor or help another person out, you get a mask which can be used to do something neat or further another plot element. Even if you're just wearing a random mask you'll get unique reactions from many NPCs.

If you play through the main game and ignore everything else you only get like 30-40% of the game. And only understand very little of whats really going on.

This was why most people hated it when the game first came out, cause they're used to playing the main game and ignoring everything else. And honestly I thought The Great Bay Temple and Stone Tower were both pretty interesting dungeons by themselves. (But that's just my opinion.)

And if you want to get technical, The gerudo area and Ikana Castle were basically dungeons, albeit on a smaller scale. They all had their own bosses and such with their own reward. Theres also areas like the spider houses. Which were essentially hidden.

Which makes the world much more interesting to explore because you can actually find interesting places.

How many times are you going to ask this. Just pick one, they're both good. I remember seasons being easier though

When I was a kid and played the two I got stuck figuring out what to do on Seasons early on and moved on to Ages.

I guess seasons is overall easier, but onox is kicking my ass and im missing a few heart peices.

Seasons is easier because it's designed better. The map is a little less all over the place and flows nicely, especially when changing the season can radically affect different areas of the map.
You need to play them both anyway, when you complete the game you'll get a code to put into the other, which acts as an extension of the previous game and brings characters over as a nod.
Once you've completed the second with that code run through, you'll be given a bonus bit to complete to tie the games together.

I know, ive played seasons before a long time ago. Im playing through the 2 games proper 1 last time. onox phase 2 is too hardit needs to be harder

Link's Awakening > Oracle of Seasons > Oracle of Ages

Ages is all about puzzles, Seasons is all about combat. I prefer Ages because it still has combat but it has the better puzzles.

But it's was confirmed even before the Official Timeline that Oracle games happen before Link's awakening.

that fairy really wants his dick

I recommend Ages and then Seasons.

Some people believe Ages requires more skill while Seasons has more puzzles.
I find it easier to handle two ages than four seasons (hence Seasons map is smaller than Age's).

Its the other way around. Ages is puzzles and seasons is more actiony. fuck onox, i still cant beat him

Yes, there is a ring that should only appear when playing from a GBA or GBA-emulator system.
Ring does nothing.
I believe that a third of the rings did nothing and were just mementos or trophies.
Another third of the rings just did stupid stuff, like changing a sprite.
The last 33% of rings were interesting. Inmunity to spikes, firing your sword with only 1-heart, etc.

Collecting all the Oracle rings is one of the hardest Zelda achievements and I'm not sure it can be done.

Yeah but they aren't connected storywise, but I prefer to play games in release order because often there is some assumed knowledge in later games. And Link's Awakening is still the best of the three.

storyfags get the fuck out. I like autism as much as the next guy, but if you're judging Zelda games on their story, you're retarded.

So when going through the Zelda games, you recommend playing Zelda 1 and 2 last?

Play For the Frog the Bell Tolls. It's canon to Link's Awakening and better than any of these games anyway.