P O L L T I M E

Alright, Holla Forums - who fucked up worse, the Duke or Doomguy?

strawpoll.me/10337269

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20160526104419/http://www.gamesradar.com/wait-doom-has-a-farming-simulator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dont understand why they dont do Sasuke vs. Riku

They're both fucked, user.

i voted doom for its dubstep soundtrack. the worst OST i have ever heard in my life.

Its without a contest NuDoom that fucked up the worst. Duke Nukem kept the spirit of the game completely intact, it was just a washed up console game. NuDoom fucks both the gameplay and the feel of the original game.

Both games are pretty much completely unremarkable in terms of gameplay. Nudoom had a decent amount of the rip and tear meme but abysmal level design. Duke had more or less the original spirit intact. Both are in all honesty, completely average 5/10 games. Possibly 5.5-6 for nudoom. Although I would have to play duke nukem forever again to actually be able to vote on this, since I haven't played it in god knows how long.

And I do not want to play duke forever again.

no, DNF fucked the feel of 3D just as badly as D44M fucked Doom.

Clearly you didn't actually play the game then.

It nailed down the character and environmental interaction well, but it did fuck a lot with 3D as well, namely with poorer level design, weapon limits, regen health systems, and it just felt like a bad Half Life 2 clone in general

So basically you're saying I'm right and you can't read.

As much as I loath nuDoom, what Gearbox and 3Drealms did with DNF and what Gearbox is helluva lot worse.

web.archive.org/web/20160526104419/http://www.gamesradar.com/wait-doom-has-a-farming-simulator/

FUCK, I made the wrong choice.

I don't understand, I'm a different user.

I guess responding to your first point, DNF isn't a washed up console game, it was a game in dev hell with however many engine changes, and a really middling end product. And with Gearbox using A:CM funds to purchase the Duke Nukem license and ride on the success of Forever's hype, and using it to put the money into BL2 is way worse than anything current id did.

they're like, eastern european or something right?

Croatian

Croatian.

nuDoom of course. It ruined the franchise and turned it into irredeemable shit. DNF was mediocre but at least it tried.

that's pretty close to eastern europe

Duke regains ego by hiding and cowering from enemies
the spirit is intact

You're just really desperate to clear your "anonymous" reputation in this thread aren't you?

nah
doom 4 isn't doom AT ALL but at least it's a playable shooter

What are you talking about? I'm talking about why DNF isn't that great as you claim it is compared to NuDOOM. You don't seem to be talking about games at all.

Thew new Doom wasn't anywhere near as bad as you spergs make it out to be. Yes, it will never be as good as the old games but nothing made these days ever will be.

Holla Forums again proving their opinions are worth shit and all they do is take a few negatives, blow it out of proportion and ignore any positives most of the time.

The SnapMap and Multiplayer are complete shit granted but the Campaign was fine.

Haven't tried NuDoom yet, so I can't say for sure. Has it been cracked?

Americlap education everyone

no, and it'll probably be months before it is

Well, I guess I'll find out in a few months just how shitty it is then.

And that's a smart financial decision, fuck them for not offering a demo.

Which is better than DNF.

Yeah, no.

No one here is defending it. Do not spend your money on that game. Wait for the crack.
But don't pretend it's as bad as DNF, either.

DNF was trying to be a successor to Duke3D, but ended up being CoD meets Half Life in the worst sense.

Doom reboot wasn't trying to be the original Doom or anything more than rip and tear, and it was quite decent. Sure, it was marketed as a throwback to classic FPS, but I'm sure most of the devs would say otherwise.

Tbh, nuDoom still has a lot more soul than DNF, even if it's nothing like the OG Doom. Holla Forums got mad at nuDoom because it got marketed as a spiritual successor to Doom and actually got popular.

Serious Sam was never that good to begin with. But props to them for staying true to Sam's roots.

Just play it in your friend's house bro, I'm sure some of them already bought it. My buddy already finished the game and gave it to me. I actually enjoyed the campaign.

Duke tried to retain something of what it was, it's apparent now it got fucked over by Cuckbox.

Id say doom 4 took a bigger shit on its predecessors than duke nukem forever

By making arguments, known trivia and statements that have nothing to do with what I said. Thus never tackling what I actually said.

and i'd say that doesn't make it a worse game

Not as big as Doom 3, But Doom 3 turned out to be a great game. Why the hate?

Maybe nuDoom would have been ok if it weren't a DOOM game. But it's a sequel, it has earlier games that you have reasonable expectations of.

nuDoom suffers from the same thing that people who like DOOM and DOOM 2 suffered from with Doom 3. People expect something, and it's not given to them.

NuDoom is Bethesda shitting on fans and not giving them what life long fans want. Instead, it's some sort of mediocre fps game that doesn't do anything new, and can't deliver the same type of gameplay DOOM and DOOM 2 gave.

I'd much rather have a shitty game that's trying to be like the predecessors than some random game that doesn't have any roots with previous entries, that's the sequel in name only.

OP isn't asking what game is worse. They're asking who fucked up the most. And shitting on a beloved franchise with some game that doesn't really resemble the earlier games, besides environment, is a much bigger fuck up than trying to be like earlier games and delivering shit.

I'd rather have a sequel be like the older games and a shitty or mediocre game than a sequel be something completely different but good.

And we're not discussing which one was the worst game, we're discussing which one fucked up the worst. Meaning the gameplay is not the only factor.

DNF had shit gameplay and kept the spirit
NuDoom has shit gameplay ignores the spirit of the predecessor completely.

Score is Minus 1 vs Minus 2

Fucking Broussard ruined everything.

Duke Nukem Forever was so infinitely worse than Doom 4 was in every way, it wasn't even a decent game if you stripped everything duke nukem away. Doom 4 was at least an enjoyable shooter.

DNF was in dev hell for who knows how long, and was a bigger disgrace because you couldn't even mod it in any way as well as how long it took to come out and all that hype behind it. While DOOMed didn't have any hype behind it until 2014.

What Sam game is the best to start on? Just go for the latest one or what?

Any of them are pretty easy to get into without playing the others beforehand. Storywise 3 comes first, but Second Encounter is probably the most fleshed out of the series when it comes to gameplay.

Personally I'd recommend First Encounter HD.

You're talking like DNF kept any spirit from DN3D other than having duke and his voice actor in it. At least nuDoom felt truly like the famous comic.

2 was the best imho. Second Encounter wasn't far behind. I hate First Encounter. Haven't played 3 and HD.

Serious Sam is the game where you can avoid all enemies by mindlessly bunny hopping around and emptying your mags. It makes my left hand cramped and my mind numb. It's a mindless shooter with sanic tier autistic pacing. I wouldn't recommend it, really not my kind of game.

Holy shit. It almost sounds like you believe this shit.

I haven't played either, probably like most in this thread, but from what I've seen from both games is that DNF was a shitty follow up with shitty gameplay and NuDoom was a shitty follow up with slightly less shitty gameplay, so I guess NuDoom gets my vote.

DNF is too pussified to be a faithful Douk game. NuDoom still keeps Doom's tradition of demons, hellish insanity, and gore. On top of the shitty aesthetic, DNF has a real generic and bad gameplay. NuDoom might not be as competitive and groundbreaking as Doom 1, but at least the devs tried.

I've found Second Encounter to be the most fun, followed by First Encounter and then 3.

All of them are fun, though, even the indie ones like Random Encounter are worth a play.
Fuck SS2, though.

What probably rubbed me the wrong way the most with DNF is that it didn't have the same kind of grittiness as D3D. D3D made Duke's world have a very bleak and dirty atmosphere, while DNF was sort of like a Saturday morning cartoon version of it.

Fuck, forgot to mention that the originals>HD remakes. They hold up very well in gameplay and mostly well in graphics despite being roughly 15 years old.

It keeps the gore but the demons barely look like traditional demons and don't resemble the ones from the series at all, plus I'd say Hell was much better in Doom 1 and 2 as opposed to D44M just being a bunch of floating rocks and skulls

This. I liked NuDoom and DNF. They both beat the shit out of any COD game on the market today.

No it wasn't. It was so unpolished and easy as fuck. Plus IT DIDN'T EVEN RESOLVE ANYTHING. It was just a set up for DLC. That pisses me off more than anything. The only redeeming thing about that game is the multiplayer. Snapmap is what ever but other than that the game barely ever works right anyways.

Eh, not all of them, and they're not half bad redesign though. But the bland colors and piss filter ruined everything.

Well, I don't deny that classic Doom are better games.

So how much are you being paid?

Who had the more painful death? The man boiled alive in his own shit or some one else's?

I'm a college guy, but I get 15 bucks an hour installing cable stuff at houses.

I mean for shilling NuDoom. How much are you being paid for shilling NuDoom?

What causes specific games to have such shit online? I know that you have to program netcode to every specific game, but aren't there prepackaged options that handle the fundamentals at this point?

Enough to pay my lunch and rent.

dude did you even hear that soundtrack
i'd use it as a form of audio torture on my worst enemy

Duke was better

They at least tried to utilize what the original was known for, and expanded from there, instead of just copying whatever is popular. The opening sequence in DNF respected its fans. The opening sequence in Doom 4 only insulted them

Hell, at the very least they kept the sequel name, even after so many years in development hell. Doom 4 drops any recognition of a series

Bethesda marketing man, fuck off.

nudoom fanboys are so delusional

nuDoom at least can benefit from the whole "company appeals to normalfags" excuse, DNF was a failure waiting to happen and I can't believe the various publishers never saw it coming

There were shills here on Holla Forums the other day saying the game was a "breath of fresh air" and "i'm not from reddit or anything, but why do plp on Holla Forums hate Doom 4 so much anyways? lol"

For every person you find defending it on /v you'll find about 20 defending it on youtube. Some like this autist who uses a profile pic are so delusional that they have claimed that consoles had nothing to do with the decline of the fps genre.

There will never be a shooter as revolutionary as the first DOOM. Get over it. If you judge everything by the standards of the gaming golden age then you'll always be disappointed.

3/10 there was an attempt

Quake

Heretic, DukeNukem3D, Strife

Halflife, Unreal, Dues Ex, system Shock, the Original Call of Duty and Orginal Medal of Honor.

Morrowind soft of since that game will trigger the Bethesda staff in this thread, some of them anyways since I doubt most of the extant staff ever even heard of Morrowind.

What these Reddit shills don't realize is that we don't have to buy new games when the old ones exist.

They hate Naruto, Sasuke most of all, both understandably.

I actually wanted to see this back then and Riku would still win.

Death Battle is just settling retarded autistic who would win in a fight between these similar character arguments on the internet in an entertaining fashion. Aside from some complete shit like Ratchet VS Jak and the fact it comes from Screwattack I don't see a reason to hate it so much besides some cringy humor and their annoying Supertard fangirl assistant.

More rage inducing cancer, same delusional retard.