Witcher 3 thread

Pracilla and Cerys jointly hold the title of best girl.

Other urls found in this thread:

witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_on_the_Battlefield
witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Bald_Mountain_(quest)
strawpoll.me/10344542
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I havent played this yet and liked Witcher 2, but I really can't get over how fucking short the thing was. Is this one longer than 10 hours?

This one is more like 100+ hours

I played on hardest difficulty when it came out, took me somewhere along the lines of 80 hours and I only did a few sidequests.

It honestly drags on a bit at times, but if you can stomach the casualised combat (it's quite easy even on hardest) the last 10 hours are so fucking good.

Even when it's a dumbed-down, casualized and graphically downsized game, it's still one of the best (modern) games ever made.

Anyone else find it funny that in the world of the Witcher science is incredibly advanced to the point where they understand modern medicine and Darwinian evolution but the most advanced available technology is a fucking crossbow?

It's because MAGIC!

Because magic and sorcery has lessened the need for that tech to evolve, not to mention while the scholars have understanding, like two people in the world listen to them and everyone else is still too busy praising gods and getting by to live.

What the fuck, Shani is in 3?

God damn, I missed that.

It's DLC goy.

Hearts of Stone m8.

You fight literally Satan.

they both look like cheap russian whores with too much make-up

You shut your whore mouth.

Anime lähtee lapsesta hakkaamalla

Even so, still the most feminine characters I've ever seen in a western game made after 2000. I'd fuck any of the girls in Witcher 3 gladly.

Even the Crones?

I'm referring to girls, not monsters.

I made it to the part where you get to the city, and have to find some dickheads gold or whatever before I quit.

Doing every sidequest along the way was a terrible decision.

Is it worth it to reinstall and just play through the main story? The combat was beyond tedious, and the story was really dragging by that point.

I don't understand why everyone gives the Combat so much shit.

It's better than most other open world RPG's at the very fucking least.

Miles better than Dragon Age and it's "Hammer one button until they die" system.

60ish hours, but sidequests and contracts can boost it further

tbh fam, the Crones can appear as women if they so choose
they're also the best part of the game

Shit compared to worse shit is still shit

Witch form?

I'd say give it another go.

Ciri story, return to Kair Morhen, Skellige, endgame is all 10/10 but on the condition as I said you bare with the casualized combat.

I think that's the real problem, this should've never been open world.

Eh, I just couldn't put my dick in that knowing what's really underneath.

yes, your mother is a bad thing. she shat you out of her cunt after all.

I agree, would have been much better if they had simply compartmentalized various regions

They could have cut Skellige from the game, and repurposed the quests into other regions and it wouldn't negatively impacted the game

What if you were projecting?

I thought it was the best area in the game personally, maybe as you say the compartmenalising worked there a bit, you were forced to stay in that area and not wander off, plus I really enjoyed the mountainscape, the birch trees, the quests, everything. That lighthouse ghost quest was awesome, I'd say it's a perfect example of how to do a short sidequest on both game mechanics and game world.

Kinda the same here. Skellige really fed my open world boner. Sure, the travelling all fleshed out the game, but when you're a faggot like me with too much free time, it's actually fun to travel around such a vast land.

Hearts of Stone is actually pretty damn good, I thought it was way better than the base game

I felt like they didn't flesh out Skellige enough to really make much a distinct impression, at least for me it felt kinda tacked on

Plus the awful boats and their shitty GoG mission

It had its share of bugs for sure. Skellige definitely felt rushed. But still, far more polished than most of the turds served to us these days. I guess I'm just so starved for a decent game that i'm trying to make myself enjoy the polished turds.

Still objectively one of the better games of the past few years though.

I agree. It felt like the short stories and not the main novel series.

Yeah, and it's helpful that those are far better than the main books too

Hopefully this next expansion will be on the same level, and finally introduce non-monstrous vampires to fight

thats supposed to be the main villain from what i've seen

So if I do decide to start playing again, what are some sidequests I should do?

Come to think of it wasn't Geralt b& from Toussaint or was that Dandelion?

Helping Keira Metz
Helping Dijkstra
Resolving the Skellige succession quest line
Helping Letho if you din't kill him
Helping Lambert

There are more of them that has an effect on the endgame but I don't remember them.

Yeah

Or the people who made the game universe are dumb faggots

And they're probably centuries old, if not reaching a millenia and would probably have killed geralt if he chose to fight them

I don't really get it, why this game is considered worse then cancer around here of all places? Devs are considered worse then hitler. What gives?

I thought I was the only one who found her hot.
>tfw you can't romance her or the other best girl, Ciri Priscilla is your best friend's gf, no touching her
why live

No, bros before hoes, you sir have no honor

Geralt does mention polymorphing but the rest of what you said is wrong.
They want to be seen as good, as protectors, when they do show themselves to the villagers it's as the hot girls.

Do you fellas think Regis will be in Blood and Wine? I mean, the whole Toissant vampire thing hints at it a lot, and Geralt apparently works with some vampire in it. But he was pretty much disintegrated in the last book, and it was established that when the villagers cut his head off, put a spike in his heart and buried him it took him 50 years to recover.

is the first image fan-made or can you actually find them in game?

You do if you choose to go kill witches with Ciri near the end of the game.

Don't lie to the guy, the game's not close to the end by that. TW3 is long as hell, between the time you go there and finish the game is probably longer than most modern games

After you kill the witches all you have to do is got so skellige and have the last battle with the wild hunt. It is pretty much the end.

Do I remember wrong? IIRC, you go to the witches just after defending the Kaer Morhen. After that there's bunch of shit you do, like quests for Yennefer, Triss, that political quest where you choose the future of Temeria, and maybe other things I don't remember

It does. For example, in the books he refuses to fuck Triss. In the game he doesn't fuck Ciri and that one nilf noble.

I thought it was the other way around, don't you go there after you've beaten those quests?
I am confused.

Speaking from memory, you defend Kaer Morhen. A certain lad dies and Ciri gets angry. After that night, while you're sleeping, Ciri comes to you and says that he found where killer is now and begs you to take her there immediately. You have the option to go there immediately or go see someone else first, but that takes a few minutes and you still go there. The killer is with those women, Ciri takes care of them while Geralt takes care of the killer. After that you talk to Ciri and go to Novigrad. Where you can even apologize to Yen or Triss for what you've done.

After that you do those quests, do something with a certain owl etc etc.

I specially didn't mention names in case anons didn't want to get spoilered.

No way. I disctinctly remember that you an go to the village that was attacked by the hunt in one of Ciri's memories before you go to the mountain.

The witches and the one non faggot elf are after skellige/final battle

I think it got confirmed that they would put him in the game

Game was hugely casualized, they rarely improved on the game formula from 2, and the huge graphical drop

Mate what are you talking about? While potions still suck the ability to use them in battle is back, and the combat is no longer slow like all hell.
Graphics look really good, but the game is not well optimized. Then again, it was true for all witcher games. TW2 graphics are not as good, but it throws the annoying filters in your face that I always turn off.

'no'

I was going to take pics from my game straightly, but the closest save I could find is before the Isle of Mists and I can't skip through this quickly so I simply went to Witcher wikia.

>witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_on_the_Battlefield
The last quest of defending Kaer Morhen, you mourn someone.
>witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Bald_Mountain_(quest)
The quest immediately after that, where you go to the crones. In their journal entries you can see what happens.

I clicked post reply too early.

You can go to the crones again in certain ending, perhaps you mean that?

Well then, you are right and I am wrong.

In a bad ending you fight one of the witches and die, that's all I know.

Wasn't trying to prove anything, just fixing a mistake

I didn't know that you actually died there

Yeah, you do.

huh, I swore that was after

It was really the problem of hype not meeting expectations
and butchering Radovid's character by turning him into a drooling madman

Implying Priscilla is worthy to stand in the same room as Cerys. Redheads for life. Geralt now has a three-strong harem in Triss, Shani and Cerys. Witcher 3 is truly GOAT.

There was no discipline in your house growing up, was there user?

Syphilis. I think it's mentioned somewhere in game that there's a reason for his decline.

Also, forgot my pics.

Radovid was a madman from the start, even in the ending of the first game it says that the people will soon know why history calls him the Stern.
As far as I remember him being a crazy fuck was even mentioned in the books as the reason Philippa tried to overthrow him.

One on the left looks like my tranny friend

I guess that means only one thing.

No they have always been the beautiful probably half elder race creatures

They were born to a human druidess mother that became the tree creature after they killed her. Other sorceresses stay forever youthell and beautiful due to magic, the crones do the same and use the 3 monstrous froms for fighting and creating fear

there is nothing to back up your argument that they are monsters. anyway why else would geralt mention polymorph if he had only seen the other form on a canvas? He knows they're hiding what they really look like

The Wild hunt have the same theme, the armour and horror is to strike fear into the hearts of men while they're only old elves underneath

Is it true Geralt can get both main love interests in his series? Because that's fucking awesome.

Nope, they both dump you if you try.

They're Sorceresses, they don't share.

that's such a bullshit screen shot.

This ain't Ass Effect.

hate sfm models their skin looks like plastic covered in vasoline

animefags are mentally ill

You can't get multiple loveinterests in me either.

Fucking Jewtube lied to me.

While staying over at what's basically my second house now, I was watching my childhood friend play and I found I really liked Keira Metz. Making sure not to spoil anything too major I looked up if it was possible safely romance her after it seemed like she might become Geralt's enemy and have to die. That's how I stumbled upon supposedly being able to end up with both Triss and Jennifer, who both have a lot of history and affection for him.

By the way, does TW3 have spiders? I have crippling arachnophobia that keeps me from playing certain games entirely. Strangely Nerscylla from MH4U doesn't scare me at all except with the dead Gypceros and is one of my absolute favorite monsters now.

True best girl right here.
Just sucks that she only showed up briefly.

is there a path in witcher 3 to reject all women i dont just mean not romance them but actually tell them to fuck off?

? I was just using a face mod, I modded around this game for a while

Looks like an old Donte the demon killah

If you romance them both then there is a scene where they pretend they are down for a threesome, tie you up and put Dandelion in the room to tell you that you are dumped.

Keira's not a omance but you can fuck her. It leads to nothing.

There are spiders in the dlc, not in the base game.

Yeah, you don't have to fuck anyone in 1 and 3, in 2 you start out with Triss.

that's true, but what do they look like then? It's implied (and not implied at all if you know who the crones really are) that they aren't even physical beings, more like forces of nature.

You can still juggle them pretty effectively.

You sound like a haremfag hipster.

they were probably originally meant to be aspects of the goddess but then cut and thrown out since CDPR couldnt actually find a good way to write that in

I've only played the first game. Can you not just go around fucking random girls? Is there no more card collecting? What the fuck happened?

There are 2 side girls that you can fuck in the witcher 3, one being some skellige chick and another a nilf spy. You can also fuck Keira Mez and Shani.
That's a lot more options than TW2.

They used to be a more advanced civilisation until a certain disaster brought them to another world.

No they didn't
The disaster only brought magic and monsters.

Awful. Where did everything go so wrong?

One of them is/can be the Queen of Skellige and other is the Lady of Time and Space, hardly some random girls.

I'm waiting for Ciri romance mod though. I don't know if has CDPR released the modding tools yet, but there sure'll be one or more Ciri romance mods.

That pic is not my screenshot, it's directly from mod's page

You can't reject them rudely. You can tell to Yen that you don't love her anymore, her facial expression is pic related in that moment. I don't think you can do the same to Triss.

Adding to the poster below you, there's also still brothel where you can go and fuck if you want. But card collecting has been removed with TW2 and they reduced the sex in the game significantly. In TW2 there's Triss, who is your only romance option, Ves, a Succubus and an elf + brothel

I wouldn't say it's awful. The girls you can fuck have much more reason to do so than before, I remember giving a village girl a piece of candy to fuck her in 1. Or giving some city chick a red veil that I stole from plague shelter.

Although, I do kinda miss it.

thats like saying dog shit tastes better than cat shit. the author's scribbling is utter slavshit trash.

lol beta cuckold victim bitch

except that they are monsters 99% of the time in the game?

I found it more amusing that you can cockblock her. She does not take that kind of rejection well. It makes no sense for Geralt to do so, but it is amusing that they gave you that option.

OK WHO IS THE BEST GIRL OUT OF THE TWO ROMANCES LETS SETTLE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL

strawpoll.me/10344542
strawpoll.me/10344542
strawpoll.me/10344542
strawpoll.me/10344542

protip the correct answer is yennefer

No. Even though half the girls in the world are openly prostitutes offering their wares for cheap…. you can't touch any of them.

And they say this shit is red-pilled.

You can fuck prostitutes in every brothel, just not on the streets.

Haven't played this and decided not to since the second downgrade. How is performance nowadays? Are they still patching it? How many more expansions are to come? Any news on enhanced ultimate edition yet?

still badly optimised, I was playing again since I havent tried Hearts and getting ready for Blood and Wine

40fps barely on custom ultra and you wont get 60fps even on the top hardware

still it looks beautiful at times, characters mostly and some textures. the lighting is still fucked up but you can fix that with mods

Doesnt excuse CDPR getting lazy, though they may have just shat this out to fund cyberpunk

Pic related, looks good at first glance but you'll notce the cracks where they got lazy

blame hollywood for that

they should have explored the dimensional travel more but NO lets make a whole insland, literally 1/3 of the game, about this shit which will only lead to choosing which npc will be irrelevant on the battle at the witcher fortress

Dat tie

but she's not a "strong womyn", she's a girl and she's not trying to act like a man, while her brother went off to kill a giant she decided to prove herself by helping a jarl that she thinks is cursed. She can't fight for shit and knows it but she still thinks that she can help her people in other ways